Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,462 members, 7,843,410 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English (63041 Views)

Kenyan Girl Hits The Streets In Uniform With Placard To Beg For Her School Fees / Nigeria English Has Made Its First Appearance In The Oxford English Dictionary ) / Lecturer Gives Kenyan Student MouthAction In Office. Photos Shared On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by Blackman7: 4:32am On Mar 29, 2022
Don't mind them.

Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by Timijo(m): 4:33am On Mar 29, 2022
Transcriber:
is there a link that discusses this?
Please send.
I don't have any link where this is discussed. It's based on my experience in the international labour market. Many Nigerians working abroad as teachers are being discriminated because of this. The South Africans are preferred to Nigerians because they are classified as native speakers of the English language.
Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by Heavensent01(m): 5:25am On Mar 29, 2022
derecho:
Though tongues and tribes may differ, in brotherhood we stand.
That's one of the reasons I get irritated when I see the needless intertribal e-wars on NL.

if the mods and Seu.n want to put an end to tribal war on Nairaland, it take them nothing to do that
Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by faith147(m): 5:52am On Mar 29, 2022
pascalbenz:
Saw dis some where and felt like sharing ...
I can't stop crying for him
Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by DeGLORIOUS: 5:56am On Mar 29, 2022
This Kenyan use style get free education grin

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by Shemadex(m): 6:10am On Mar 29, 2022
Efulefu:
KENYA. grin grin grin
efulefu funny � name
Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by SmartyPants(m): 6:59am On Mar 29, 2022
Coldie:
Nigerians are the only few Africans that sound different, from Zimbabwe to Uganda to Kenya all of them have very funny accents.

I remember once asking a Kenyan if they speak French in their country cause their English sounds like French to me

Lol stop capping.

You just don't know how to tell the accents apart - Uganda and Kenya are East African neighbours so of course they sound alike just the same way a person from Kenya might think Ghanaians, Ivorians and Nigerians sound alike.
Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by mozona(m): 7:13am On Mar 29, 2022
Chaii
Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by naheem8307(m): 7:56am On Mar 29, 2022
grin grin grin grin
Danibonk:
Someone just got schooled
Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by Nobody: 8:25am On Mar 29, 2022
9ja 2 d world baby! Their papa!
Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by Bombolistic: 8:40am On Mar 29, 2022
Emotional damage. chai. He don finish that man
Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by KenyaNairobiGuy: 8:41am On Mar 29, 2022
Funny Nigerians.

Kenyans are wierd? Take a look at skull mining, kidnapping for rituals, beheading brothers with machetes, using juju for everything...that is unheard of over here.
Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by Bahamas95(m): 8:43am On Mar 29, 2022
Bifwoli:
Same things Black Americans ,Lebanese , Chinese , Europeans will say about you and your people.
That's a big lie!

Our accent isn't bad and Nigerians got swag. Our dress sense is top notch unlike Kenyans and some African countries where they still do things the archaic way.

Why mention Chinese and Lebanese in this matter? Oga you're very funny. grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by phemmyfour: 9:33am On Mar 29, 2022
iLegendd:
Exactly what I would've done. Though, our Nigerian tutor made three mistakes sha, but the Kenyan goat won't notice.

1. Contest for context (I blame his autocorrect).
2. Who thinks, but he wrote "who think".
3. The last line, "after Nigeria", deserves a period.

Las las, the Kenyan goat go dey fear to reply. cheesy

100% oppression and confidence. grin
Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by phemmyfour: 9:36am On Mar 29, 2022
Bifwoli:
Same things Black Americans ,Lebanese , Chinese , Europeans will say about you and your people.
Not true
Nollywood is no1 in Africa and in the World top 10. Also, Nigerians have featured in many international movies.
Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by abuwidad(m): 10:47am On Mar 29, 2022
DSC7:
See the Country name sef... KENYA....

Kenyans still dey backward Abegggggg....

The guy name "Sakamoto" is even scary grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 29, 2022
Kenya is like a village, that is why tourist go there...to see what a real African village look like...Kenyans have the most shitty accent in Africa.
Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by placeofallure(f): 12:53pm On Mar 29, 2022
Transcriber:
I am him smiley hug me.. smiley real hug with passion cheesy

grin grin

Happiness is free. You just made me laugh.
Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by placeofallure(f): 12:54pm On Mar 29, 2022
BeardGangJnr1:

I'm his Christian brother...come and hug me in his stead wink
It's not Haram to Us

grin
Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by Transcriber: 3:52pm On Mar 29, 2022
placeofallure:

grin grin

Happiness is free. You just made me laugh.
grin
That's good
Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by Transcriber: 3:54pm On Mar 29, 2022
Timijo:
I don't have any link where this is discussed. It's based on my experience in the international labour market. Many Nigerians working abroad as teachers are being discriminated because of this. The South Africans are preferred to Nigerians because they are classified as native speakers of the English language.
wow. That's new
Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by Transcriber: 3:56pm On Mar 29, 2022
phemmyfour:
Not true
Nollywood is no1 in Africa and in the World top 10. Also, Nigerians have featured in many international movies.
Nollywood is world top 3 in quantity but top 10 in quality
Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by Transcriber: 3:58pm On Mar 29, 2022
KenyaNairobiGuy:
Funny Nigerians.

Kenyans are wierd? Take a look at skull mining, kidnapping for rituals, beheading brothers with machetes, using juju for everything...that is unheard of over here.
no let me reason your matter o. I will show you to the world cheesy have you taken your today's doze of animal blood? grin
Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by Transcriber: 4:00pm On Mar 29, 2022
SmartyPants:

Lol stop capping.

You just don't know how to tell the accents apart - Uganda and Kenya are East African neighbours so of course they sound alike just the same way a person from Kenya might think Ghanaians, Ivorians and Nigerians sound alike.
everyone knows that Ghanaians don't sound anything like Nigerians. And Ivorians speak French.
Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by Transcriber: 4:02pm On Mar 29, 2022
Desusi:
Nigeria is the best country in Africa to learn perfect English. I once met a German girl at unilag who came to study English as a course.when asked her why did you chose Nigeria above other English speaking countries in Africa, she said Nigeria is PRIMA,meaning super!
sehr gut
Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by Transcriber: 4:03pm On Mar 29, 2022
Bifwoli:
That is still self hate when you hate other black people.Mumu what makes you think you're any better than them?

Arabs ,Mexicans ,Italians ,Americans and even the Scottish people can have a funny accents too.
undecided
Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by Transcriber: 4:07pm On Mar 29, 2022
derecho:
I have been reading Ghanaians boasting how they'd deal with Super Eagles tomorrow.I just dey shake my head.

If they make the mistake of losing tomorrow's game, kai.
That's when you'll know how boastful Nigerians can be.

In all, I know Nigerians aren't hostile to strangers.
aswear if we win I go roast them mad
Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by SmartyPants(m): 10:03pm On Mar 29, 2022
Transcriber:
everyone knows that Ghanaians don't sound anything like Nigerians. And Ivorians speak French.

Well this is coming from someone who has travelled and met actual east african and south aftricans and guess what? Whay i posted is exactly what they say.

Get out of here with your everyone knows rubbish.
Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by Transcriber: 10:44pm On Mar 29, 2022
SmartyPants:

Well this is coming from someone who has travelled and met actual east african and south aftricans and guess what? Whay i posted is exactly what they say.

Get out of here with your everyone knows rubbish.
Keep decieving yourself. Anyone with working ears won't say Nigerians and Ghanaians sound the same. Do Nigerians call pastor "paster" or bus as bas?
Audio travel
Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by SmartyPants(m): 10:52pm On Mar 29, 2022
Transcriber:
Keep decieving yourself. Anyone with working ears won't say Nigerians and Ghanaians sound the same. Do Nigerians call pastor "paster" or bus as bas?
Audio travel

Lol.

If you choose to remain ignorant that's your business.

Cheers.
Re: Kenyan Trying To Mock Nigeria English by Transcriber: 10:55pm On Mar 29, 2022
SmartyPants:

Lol.

If you choose to remain ignorant that's your business.

Cheers.
I probably know more than you do. Common sense will show difference in accents but it's unfortunate you just wanna lose to yourself. I work with languages so I know stuff like this. I speak 5 languages

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FUT MINNA 2017/2018 HERE WE COME!! / Why Patience Jonathan’s Security Aide Was Killed — Leadership / Abu Admission Requirements For All Courses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.