Stats: 3,162,217 members, 7,849,770 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:23 AM

Step By Step Of How To Achieve High Yield In Maize Farming - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Step By Step Of How To Achieve High Yield In Maize Farming (834 Views)

All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria / Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES / 4 Ways To Treat Worms And Pests In Maize Farm In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

Step By Step Of How To Achieve High Yield In Maize Farming by Lawalsquared(m): 11:46pm On Mar 28, 2022
Achieving high yield is the dream and prayer of every farmer. On this trend, we'll discuss factors that guarantee high yield in maize farming and challenges that affects yield.

To make this easy, let's watch this video about how to achieve high yield in maize farming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t4Ip_jRLrQ
Re: Step By Step Of How To Achieve High Yield In Maize Farming by anoda(m): 7:27am On Mar 29, 2022
How do you measure NPK 20:10:10 per corn plant.

Re: Step By Step Of How To Achieve High Yield In Maize Farming by Lawalsquared(m): 10:49am On Mar 29, 2022
Use 150 to 200kg per hectare.... by applying in doses
Re: Step By Step Of How To Achieve High Yield In Maize Farming by anoda(m): 11:23am On Mar 29, 2022
Lawalsquared:
Use 150 to 200kg per hectare.... by applying in doses
i've got 75kg of NPK for less than 5kg seedcorn. How do I measure it per corn stand/plant
Re: Step By Step Of How To Achieve High Yield In Maize Farming by dmz1: 11:28am On Mar 29, 2022
explain more mr Lawalsquared ie on fertilizer application premier seed said 5 bags of npk 20 10 10 per hectare at 2 weeks and then 2 bags of urea at 5 to 7 weeks after, how come you advocate 150kg to 200kg of npk which is 3 to 4 bags?
Re: Step By Step Of How To Achieve High Yield In Maize Farming by anoda(m): 11:37am On Mar 29, 2022
dmz1:
explain more mr Lawalsquared ie on fertilizer application premier seed said 5 bags of npk 20 10 10 per hectare at 2 weeks and then 2 bags of urea at 5 to 7 weeks after, how come you advocate 150kg to 200kg of npk which is 3 to 4 bags?
how do you apply ur own.
Re: Step By Step Of How To Achieve High Yield In Maize Farming by dmz1: 1:23pm On Mar 29, 2022
anoda:
how do you apply ur own.

i will follow the instruction given above by premier seeds ie OBA series except if i am convinced otherwise. i have come to learn it is better to follow seed coys instructions
Re: Step By Step Of How To Achieve High Yield In Maize Farming by bluice25: 2:14pm On Mar 29, 2022
anoda:
How do you measure NPK 20:10:10 per corn plant.
How much did you buy a bag of fertilizee
Re: Step By Step Of How To Achieve High Yield In Maize Farming by anoda(m): 2:54pm On Mar 29, 2022
bluice25:

How much did you buy a bag of fertilizee
9k for Edo state, farmers for my community nor get watin dem wan take am do.
Re: Step By Step Of How To Achieve High Yield In Maize Farming by bluice25: 3:27pm On Mar 29, 2022
anoda:
9k for Edo state, farmers for my community nor get watin dem wan take am do.
It’s cheap there

Re: Step By Step Of How To Achieve High Yield In Maize Farming by anoda(m): 3:55pm On Mar 29, 2022
bluice25:

It’s cheap there
make I enjoy am now while stock last, bt na my 1st time be this.
Re: Step By Step Of How To Achieve High Yield In Maize Farming by Lawalsquared(m): 4:48pm On Mar 29, 2022
First of all, fertilizer application should be based on what is lacking in the soil and what is required by the crop.

I said 200kg micro-dosing at three stages because in that way your plant get to use most of the fertilizer and reduce waste and this also make nutrients available at every stage of development and lastly reduce the quantity you need to apply.

Please don't forget to watch my videos and subscribe to the channel.... God bless you all.
Re: Step By Step Of How To Achieve High Yield In Maize Farming by anoda(m): 8:37pm On Mar 29, 2022
Lawalsquared:
First of all, fertilizer application should be based on what is lacking in the soil and what is required by the crop.

I said 200kg micro-dosing at three stages because in that way your plant get to use most of the fertilizer and reduce waste and this also make nutrients available at every stage of development and lastly reduce the quantity you need to apply.

Please don't forget to watch my videos and subscribe to the channel.... God bless you all.
is one cover of coke bottle(plastic) overdose for 4-6 weeks corn?

Soya Meal Needed In Large Quantities / Suppliers Of Dry Maize And Soya Beans Needed / I Need Poultry Manure Within Abuja And Nasarawa Area