Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,908 members, 7,821,159 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! (22194 Views)

Dilemma: Advise From Experienced Bankers Needed / My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank / Career Dilemma. Please Nurture Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by 21sailor: 2:35pm On Mar 31, 2022
Depends on your uncle's character. Hope he doesn't change after sometime, Any where you're learning work and they're feeding you and paying you, Trust me it won't last.
If Na me I go stay for Onitsha!
I'm trying not to be tribalistic here but ur uncle go suffer u lass lass.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Odin13: 2:35pm On Mar 31, 2022
Op anybody telling you to come to Abuja Na scammer walahi..

If you’re uncle no Dey stay for town .. forget am

Hustle for onitsha .. you go raise capital times 2 of what you will make in Abuja for two years under 6 months ..

No Dey underate Otu.. nwanne...

2 Likes

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by jeff1607(m): 2:36pm On Mar 31, 2022
onlyson16:
My dear. Ur not in any dile mma or anything. Go into the job that pay 3.5 and start saving, go into that busines witi ur mom and thank me later. But if u like go with ur uncle and depend on him even after learning the work u will still depend on him. Choose to be slave to a lion but wait, the other day u was selling cameroon pepper. Last week u needed a wife to marry from now to december. Today u ar in dilemma. Tuwee on ur face

So you had the time to check on his old posts so you can spew it back at him , na wa
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Kingoslo(m): 2:36pm On Mar 31, 2022
Which delima... brother Onitsha is calling
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Fatbam003: 2:37pm On Mar 31, 2022
Hope say your uncle no be the type way go promise heaven and earth and later disappoint, is your uncle married? To what type of woman? Baba look before you leap

1 Like

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by AmgMakanaki(m): 2:38pm On Mar 31, 2022
Lastpharoah33:

Those were my past posts nah, 2-4 yrs old posts dem. Thanks for your input.

Hahahahaha. But those post never reach 8 month Na... Oga you’re always in dilemma grin
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by julybaba(m): 2:38pm On Mar 31, 2022
Winneygirl:
Don't underestimate the skills you will learn from your uncle.
With 35k, you cannot save anything and you will most likely be unable to start any business with it.
But you see that skill set your uncle is offering you, put your head down and go and learn.
That is the way to set yourself up for the future.
You hit the nail on its head.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Dada4me: 2:38pm On Mar 31, 2022
Run to Abuja, that work will settle you. But pray to your God for guidance.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Ofadaman(m): 2:38pm On Mar 31, 2022
Go with your uncle learn a trade, dedicate time to learning and being a man.

Once you're good, you can set up your own shop and be a boss. Don't fall for the 35k salary scam. 35k salary can not even make you through the month. You can't save more than 5k monthly and how many years would it take you to make up to 150k? With the level of inflation in the country, that's if you don't lose the job before then. This isn't a dilenma , the best option is clear and that's staying with ur u learn to learn a trade

1 Like

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Freemasonry: 2:39pm On Mar 31, 2022
Bros your uncle is offering you a life-changing opportunity.
All you have to do is go there, pay attention and master every skill in the craft and the actual business.
Then reach deep into your soul and bring out the creative genius in you. Use it to create designs that people will love.
And when you eventually start, do your best to deliver jobs on time. Make it your goal to under-promise but over-deliver... you'll win your customer's loyalty and respect.

Come back and share your testimony.

3 Likes

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Heterodox(m): 2:45pm On Mar 31, 2022
You can't live on promises.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by gracealonev: 2:45pm On Mar 31, 2022
Wonderz1:
Mr op go and meet your uncle and learn that skill you can open that business anytime and anyday.
True. The skill is important. Infact, most welders I have around my location live in their own houses.

2 Likes

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by aklion: 2:46pm On Mar 31, 2022
Stay in onisha. Work. Earn n safe up. Start your biz n own yours. You can learn your uncle kind of work somewhere else. Mustn't be with him. My point be your own man. Earn your respect.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Evidenx(m): 2:47pm On Mar 31, 2022
My friend go to abuja and learn work and thank me later.

Note:If only your uncle is a good man and the wife likes you.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by oodua1stson: 2:48pm On Mar 31, 2022
Lastpharoah33:
Good day landers, I would like to hear your opinion on this matter bothering me for days now.

I am faced with choosing between working in one of the breweries here in onitsha as a casual for 35k monthly and traveling to abuja be with an uncle who is into metal fabrication ( welding, painting and general sales of his product).

Thing is, if I am to stay here in onitsha...I have planned to save up 100-150k before next year to start a business my mom is currently into and she's doing pretty well in it .

While if I am to stay with this uncle in abuja, he agreed on teaching me basics of his profession like paint spraying with machine, and he also promised to set me up with trade in the welding industry as time goes on, but I will be placed on monthly salary after I must have learnt the painting process and stuff, ( mind you, his proposed salary is between 20-30k monthly).

My brothers and sisters, is welding something that can guarantee a good future in this present state of the country? Does it worth my time as a guy in his late 20's? Should I just continue with my 7-5 job ?

I have until 5th of april to decide. Thanks for your time.
if I were you I would take the opportunity to learn that skill from that uncle. It's a new city, new experience. Try it. And if things did not go well with you there ( which I doubt) you can still go back to your mom's business

1 Like

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Lastpharoah33: 2:48pm On Mar 31, 2022
Ofadaman:
Go with your uncle learn a trade, dedicate time to learning and being a man.

Once you're good, you can set up your own shop and be a boss. Don't fall for the 35k salary scam. 35k salary can not even make you through the month. You can't save more than 5k monthly and how many years would it take you to make up to 150k? With the level of inflation in the country, that's if you don't lose the job before then. This isn't a dilenma , the best option is clear and that's staying with ur u learn to learn a trade

Okay
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by drLammy(m): 2:50pm On Mar 31, 2022
Go with your uncle option
I live in Abuja and I know how lucrative that metal fabrication is. Considering the fact he's even still planning to set you up after the whole apprenticeship.
Don't be deceived 100k or so you plan to save from that 35k salary is not feasible and it's not even a lot of money in this present Nigeria.
I hope you'll follow this , and also trust your gut feeling on wherever it's directing you.
I wish you all the best in your final choice.

1 Like

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Lastpharoah33: 2:51pm On Mar 31, 2022
Fatbam003:
Hope say your uncle no be the type way go promise heaven and earth and later disappoint, is your uncle married? To what type of woman? Baba look before you leap

He is well grounded, he's married too.

According to him, I won't be living in the family house. That I can stay at the factory, that is if I want.

2 Likes

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Aaaaarghmed(m): 2:51pm On Mar 31, 2022
Learn from your uncle,if you travel out with that skill to places like Qatar or any good country in need of welding skills.people will think you did money ritual.forget salary causal work.i speak from experience as the experience master

2 Likes

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by MrQuadri: 2:52pm On Mar 31, 2022
Lastpharoah33:
Good day landers, I would like to hear your opinion on this matter bothering me for days now.

I am faced with choosing between working in one of the breweries here in onitsha as a casual for 35k monthly and traveling to abuja be with an uncle who is into metal fabrication ( welding, painting and general sales of his product).

Thing is, if I am to stay here in onitsha...I have planned to save up 100-150k before next year to start a business my mom is currently into and she's doing pretty well in it .

While if I am to stay with this uncle in abuja, he agreed on teaching me basics of his profession like paint spraying with machine, and he also promised to set me up with trade in the welding industry as time goes on, but I will be placed on monthly salary after I must have learnt the painting process and stuff, ( mind you, his proposed salary is between 20-30k monthly).

My brothers and sisters, is welding something that can guarantee a good future in this present state of the country? Does it worth my time as a guy in his late 20's? Should I just continue with my 7-5 job ?

I will advice sticking with your uncle since he promise to teach you the basics. Never underestimate the importance of knowledge.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by purpleicious(f): 2:54pm On Mar 31, 2022
My dear, go with your 35k work, and start your business.

1 Like

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by my3name(m): 2:55pm On Mar 31, 2022
Lastpharoah33:

Bro I will advice you to go stay with your uncle and learn that work,it's a good hand work
You won't regret rather than working in a place they might own you for months
If you even need connect when you come abj you hala me
na we dey run the town
grin grin
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by ibechris(m): 2:56pm On Mar 31, 2022
If ur uncle's business is in Abuja like u mentioned earlier,pls join him and see how your life will change.

Crafts men are making it in this town seriously.

Believe this and rethink your future.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Lastpharoah33: 2:57pm On Mar 31, 2022
Winneygirl:
Don't underestimate the skills you will learn from your uncle.
With 35k, you cannot save anything and you will most likely be unable to start any business with it.
But you see that skill set your uncle is offering you, put your head down and go and learn.
That is the way to set yourself up for the future.

Noted.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Cleanworld(f): 2:57pm On Mar 31, 2022
Lastpharoah33:

Okay here is my a little advice.

1st, Learning the welding trade will guarantee your future as the business is booming in Abuja and any other place you will find yourself i n future

2nd, While in Abuja it won't take you 6 month to come up with N150k and with this money you can send to your mum to contiune with her trade. (you can agrre for mum to be sending you some stipend from time to time).

3. The breweries job is for someone that doesn't have any other option and when making decision think of long time achievement .

If you can endure whatever you will face in Abuja as a starter , you will have God to praise later in life.
Take care and choose wisely.

1 Like

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by emmatuegbe(m): 3:00pm On Mar 31, 2022
Compare what your mum has achieved and acquired with the proceeds of her business in the last five years, and compare what your uncle has achieved and acquired also in the last five years. The answer you get will guide your quest. Also, note that every body doing a particular business and succeeding has grace for such. Know where your grace lies. Not because Mr. A is succeeding in poultry business means Mr. B will also succeed in same poultry business if he ventures into it. It will be foolish for fowl to imitate the dock when they go near water (african parable). Be guided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by Lastpharoah33: 3:02pm On Mar 31, 2022
julybaba:
Learn metal fabrication ( welding, painting and general sales) from your uncle.
That is the best way to secure your future.

NB: Be prepared for the challenges you may encounter while working with him. In fact he may not fulfil 90% of his promises, but you will be your own boss, if you learn the work well.

That I can understand, we are all humans after all.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by ajayiopy: 3:03pm On Mar 31, 2022
Lastpharoah33:

IF YOU WANT TO LEARN WELDING,LEARN DIFFERENT TYPES OF WELDING.
WELDING OF BIG STRUCTURES LIKE WATER AND OIL STORAGE TANKS .
UNDERGROUND TANKS AND LEARN SOME FUNDAMENTAL OF CORROSION.
IF YOU CAN CAN GO TO THE FEDERAL UNIVERSITY EFURUN IN DELTA.
TRY TO ENROL THERE AND YOU WILL NEVER REGRET IT
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by frozen70(f): 3:03pm On Mar 31, 2022
Lastpharoah33:

Forget about your uncle offer, it doesn't always end well as family matters

Save and join your mum business and be your own boss
Re: I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! by ThinkSmarter: 3:07pm On Mar 31, 2022
Go for the skill, and it will pay u in the longrun. it will serve as option b when biz fails and u will still teach others.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor / Dentistry Or Pharmacy. Which Is More Lucrative And Who Earns More? / My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.