Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,179 members, 7,811,442 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

Some Social Rules That May Help You - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Some Social Rules That May Help You (18012 Views)

Honestly, We Overflogged Some Social Media Challenge? Slow Mo And The Silhouette / What Are Some Social Etiquette Rules Everyone Should Know And Follow? / 5 Unwritten Cultural Rules Of The Yorubas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Social Rules That May Help You by Princeton92(m): 8:40pm On Mar 30, 2022
1. Don’t call someone more than twice continuously. If they don’t pick up your call, presume they have something important to attend to;

2. Return money that you have borrowed even before the person that borrowed you remember or ask for it. It shows your integrity and character. Same goes with umbrellas, pens and lunch boxes.

3. Never order the expensive dish on the menu when someone is giving you a lunch/dinner.

4. Don’t ask awkward questions like ‘Oh so you aren’t married yet?’ Or ‘Don’t you have kids’ or ‘Why didn’t you buy a house?’ Or why don't you buy a car? For God’s sake it isn’t your problem;

5. Always open the door for the person coming behind you. It doesn’t matter if it is a guy or a girl, senior or junior. You don’t grow small by treating someone well in public
6. If you take a taxi with a friend and he/she pays now, try paying next time;

7. Respect different shades of opinions. Remember what's 6 to you will appear 9 to someone facing you. Besides, second opinion is good for an alternative;

8. Never interrupt people talking. Allow them to pour it out. As they say, hear them all and filter them all;

9. If you tease someone, and they don’t seem to enjoy it, stop it and never do it again. It encourages one to do more and it shows how appreciative you're;

10. Say “thank you” when someone is helping you.

11. Praise publicly. Criticize privately;

12. There’s almost never a reason to comment on someone’s weight. Just say, “You look fantastic.” If they want to talk about losing weight, they will;

13. When someone shows you a photo on their phone, don’t swipe left or right. You never know what’s next;

14. If a colleague tells you they have a doctors' appointment, don’t ask what it’s for, just say "I hope you’re okay". Don’t put them in the uncomfortable position of having to tell you their personal illness. If they want you to know, they'll do so without your inquisitiveness;

15. Treat the cleaner with the same respect as the CEO. Nobody is impressed at how rude you can treat someone below you but people will notice if you treat them with respect;

16. If a person is speaking directly to you, staring at your phone is rude;

17. Never give advice until you’re asked;

18. When meeting someone after a long time, unless they want to talk about it, don’t ask them their age and salary;

19. Mind your business unless anything involves you directly - just stay out of it;

20. Remove your sunglasses if you are talking to anyone in the street. It is a sign of respect. Moreso, eye contact is as important as your speech; and

21. Never talk about your riches in the midst of the poor. Similarly, don't talk about your children in the midst of the barren.

22.After reading a good message try to say "Thanks for the message".

APPRECIATION remains the easiest way of getting what you don't have....

✅A Little Gift From The Creator:

We all know that simplicity is the key to happiness…

But believe it or not, it isn’t that simple to achieve.

Here’s a simple tip: Start thinking about your mindset…

If you wish to become truly extraordinary with balance in all areas of life: physically, intellectually, spiritually and emotionally, then you’re at the right place…

Reading this will show you how to develop successful habits to help you achieve mindfulness and have a laser-focus mind…

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2845836692362949&id=1399290303684269

159 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by LaSenior: 9:43pm On Mar 30, 2022
cheesy
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by iCauseTrouble: 9:43pm On Mar 30, 2022
I be marlian.
We no dey obey rules grin

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by Abboki: 9:43pm On Mar 30, 2022

1 Like

Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by arejibadz(m): 9:44pm On Mar 30, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by Nobody: 9:44pm On Mar 30, 2022
No. 3 is definitely not for Nigerian babes tongue

13 Likes

Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by SamJed(m): 9:44pm On Mar 30, 2022
My issue with this is that somebody will say "That number 4, I don't like it o" or "Number 9 is so me"

And then I have to start scrolling up to see what number four and nine says.

But sha I really don't like people doing number 13 grin grin

Oya scroll up

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by Kate06(m): 9:44pm On Mar 30, 2022
Okay

Nlder Redpillers will come and counter everything and even insult you on sharing this info.

Nigerians are really the cause of their problems . Imagine a retailer beside me who buys a bag of pure water for #150 and she buys in wholesale, next thing,they tell you they sell it @ #250/bag. Who is doing who?

Nigerians are wicked. How I wished I wasn't born in Nigeria. grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by sagaf4: 9:44pm On Mar 30, 2022
1. Don’t call someone more than twice continuously. If they don’t pick up your call, presume they have something important to attend to;
Until they lock you outside

Nonsense!!!

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by spy24(m): 9:44pm On Mar 30, 2022
grin
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by YoungLionken(m): 9:44pm On Mar 30, 2022
That number one can only be in the absence of emergency..

Ever been pressed from somewhere and on getting home, they locked everywhere and took the keys with them..

My brother, a hundred missed calls would be nothing! grin grin grin

24 Likes

Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by joshmaster487: 9:45pm On Mar 30, 2022
Thanks op
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by Mharthings(m): 9:45pm On Mar 30, 2022
I think they’re all in order. Good one, OP.
Some people know these rules, they just decide to act otherwise.

11 Likes

Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by uncleck: 9:45pm On Mar 30, 2022
I don't know why people think they can make social rules... Circumstances vary, situations vary. What walks for you may not walk for me. No two social beings are exactly identical in all ramifications. Do what suits you; what walks for you.

2 Likes

Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by Bettapikin(m): 9:46pm On Mar 30, 2022
noted
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by webopa4: 9:46pm On Mar 30, 2022
Who dey obey Mumu rules

1 Like

Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 30, 2022
How I wan take remember all these plenty things
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by Ezicool9(m): 9:46pm On Mar 30, 2022
Use ear piece/head set in public vehicles or areas, don't disturb people with your music.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by dahmie2013: 9:46pm On Mar 30, 2022
These are life lessons. Thank you OP.

8 Likes

Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 30, 2022
Na these kind posts suppose dey front page.
Nice one!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by ademidedavid(f): 9:47pm On Mar 30, 2022
All depends on you and you wife. ..,...

Just marry and fear FEAR
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by SecretReporter(f): 9:47pm On Mar 30, 2022
Oj
Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by hocena19: 9:48pm On Mar 30, 2022
Fúck these rules

2 Likes

Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by Datas121(m): 9:48pm On Mar 30, 2022
That's where common sense comes in. This is cool

3 Likes

Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by BigDawsNet: 9:48pm On Mar 30, 2022
Never trust anyone

1 Like

Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by WibusJaga: 9:48pm On Mar 30, 2022
cool

Unfortunately many Nigerians regard people who abide by these rules as Weaklings, Mumu or Simps.
Little wonder we are so lawless. grin

iCauseTrouble:
I be marlian.
We no dey obey rules grin
webopa4:
Who dey obey Mumu rules
hocena19:
Fúck these rules

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Social Rules That May Help You by Animegirl(f): 9:49pm On Mar 30, 2022
grin

Nice one OP.

Also, if you invite a lady for a date, kindly pay the bills, dont expect her to share the bills with you. If you're broke just dey your dey, to impress no be by force.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi At The Library Of Congress In Washington D.C. - Photos / Names Of Traditional Rulers In The North / Hausa Fulani Women Are The Most Faithful Women In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.