Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" (14160 Views)

Married Men Asking Single Guys For Help. / COVID-19 Lockdown: Side Chicks & Side Guys, How Have You Been Coping? / How Family Member Scammed Me Of N800,000 - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by 24brains(m): 1:20am On Mar 31, 2022
I always get confused and don't know what to reply when people greet me and ask "How family?". the question is usually thrown as a mode of greeting to know of the wellbeing of a married man's wife and children. How do you respond as an unmarried man?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by Sekoni003(m): 1:55am On Mar 31, 2022

1 Like

Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by Sekoni003(m): 1:56am On Mar 31, 2022
An unmarried man still has a family right? Simply say fine, thank them for asking and move on cheesy

192 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by Nobody: 2:11am On Mar 31, 2022
I will just say'they are fine and yours"

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by Tokskob2008: 2:28am On Mar 31, 2022
"Dem dey fine".... It's not a crime to be single so I wonder why this is in the crime section

96 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by Halimaatz(f): 2:28am On Mar 31, 2022
Sekoni003:
An unmarried man still has a family right? Simply say fine, thank them for asking and move on cheesy
simple!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by Nobody: 3:32am On Mar 31, 2022
Family is family, my my siblings my parents and my household

48 Likes

Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by 24brains(m): 5:32am On Mar 31, 2022
cefezyA:
Family is family, my my siblings my parents and my household
how about an orphan? I really think people should just stop such mode of greeting expecially strangers that do not know much about someone. They should stop asking deep, personal & private questions!!! Some even go as deep as asking "you be family man?"

11 Likes

Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by Mercury12(m): 5:43am On Mar 31, 2022
"They are fine '
"Family dey fine"
"We good"

These are my various responses to the question...
Single guys have brothers , sisters, uncles, aunts, dad,Mom, cousins and they family too!

13 Likes

Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by Nobody: 6:58am On Mar 31, 2022
Are you single??
What about your babymama and your son?? undecided
Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by Arsenate(m): 7:21am On Mar 31, 2022
My family comprises of my parents and siblings, so saying "they are fine" is perfectly fine.

3 Likes

Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 31, 2022
24brains:
how about an orphan? I really think people should just stop such mode of greeting expecially strangers that do not know much about someone. They should stop asking deep, personal & private questions!!! Some even go as deep as asking "you be family man?"
Am not married but I belong to a family so there is nothing wrong if one have to ask

1 Like

Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by ogbenifamouz(m): 7:01pm On Mar 31, 2022
Their is this cleaner in the neighborhood I work, she will always say how is madam and children and I will answer they are all fine, I don't need to be explaining myself to anybody.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by Camelot65: 7:45pm On Mar 31, 2022
Fine Fine. smiley
Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by Rubbiish(m): 8:55pm On Mar 31, 2022
24brains:
There is nothing deep or private about if people ask how is ur family!!! Even if one is an orphan, the orphanage where u grew up, your close pals are now your family.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by 24brains(m): 9:16pm On Mar 31, 2022
Rubbiish:

There is nothing deep or private about if people ask how is ur family!!! Even if one is an orphan, the orphanage where u grew up, your close pals are now your family.
ok... Thanks for your contribution.
Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by ogashman(m): 10:15pm On Mar 31, 2022
I usually reply with " they re still on high sea" grin
Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by Anonymousert: 8:04am On Oct 10, 2023
When someone asks me, "How's the family?" as a single guy, I usually respond with something like, "They're doing well, thanks for asking! How about yours?" It's a friendly and polite way to acknowledge the question without buy a dissertation paper diving into personal details, and it often leads to a more balanced conversation where we can discuss various aspects of our lives beyond just family.

2 Likes

Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by henrimoto(m): 9:28am On Oct 10, 2023
24brains:
..Oga , calm down. No work yourself up over issue wey need simple logic. The family of an orphan is his friends and neighbors. This is Africa, we are conscious of family relations.

Wait till you travell to US or UK...where they only greet .."Good morning!" "Good morning!"
"Hi!" "Hello!"

1 Like

Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by henrimoto(m): 9:29am On Oct 10, 2023
Anonymousert:
When someone asks me, "How's the family?" as a single guy, I usually respond with something like, "They're doing well, thanks for asking! How about yours?" It's a friendly and polite way to acknowledge the question without buy a dissertation paper diving into personal details, and it often leads to a more balanced conversation where we can discuss various aspects of our lives beyond just family.
Matured Mind!

1 Like

Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by GboyegaD(m): 7:52pm On Oct 10, 2023
When I was single, if you ask me, I respond by "My family of orientation is doing fine while for now, I haven't decided to start a family of procreation."

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by inoki247: 1:18pm On Oct 11, 2023
Lol they're fine noni or u get time for explanation is having a family competition....
Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by accordadoga26(f): 1:18pm On Oct 11, 2023
Hehehehe

It's so simple now.

As a single guy I reply as "Fine oo my brother"
Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by Wizardslayer: 1:19pm On Oct 11, 2023
We are doing well
Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by Rector354: 1:19pm On Oct 11, 2023
Kai
Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by AImiron: 1:19pm On Oct 11, 2023
They are fine. A single guy get family now, wen e no fall from sky

2 Likes

Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by LaSenior: 1:19pm On Oct 11, 2023
cheesy
Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by sacajawea: 1:20pm On Oct 11, 2023
Suck My Diick!
Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by okooloyun1(m): 1:20pm On Oct 11, 2023
Family dey grin

1 Like

Re: Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" by yesloaded: 1:20pm On Oct 11, 2023
Fine

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Dissolves Leonard Dilkon's Marriage To Joy / Rotimi Olowo Supports Mother Of Triplets Whose Husband Fled / Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.