Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,247 members, 7,818,839 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Ibb Lectures Jonathan On Governance – Vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibb Lectures Jonathan On Governance – Vanguard (4548 Views)

Photo Of Goodluck Jonathan On A Refuse Dump! / Goodluck Jonathan On A Shopping Spree Abroad...photo / Oby Ezekwesili Lectures Jonathan's Minister Over Alleged $30billion ECA Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibb Lectures Jonathan On Governance – Vanguard by thisisEMP: 11:58am On Jul 04, 2011
FORMER Military President, General Ibrahim Babangida, weekend, urged President Goodluck Jonathan to shed sentiments and imbibe statesmanlike traits in his handling of the increasing challenges against his government.

Babangida said in a statement that the caution became necessary in the face of unnecessary distractions which aides and those he termed sycophants were causing for the President.

Babangida who described weekend’s arrest of erstwhile Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, as one of those distractions urged the President to increase his level of tolerance for the opposition stressing that he must, as leader cross bridges to engage those who may not necessarily agree with him on issues.

He warned that reckless application of power and the absence of other ingredients of democracy made nations to be described as failed states.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/ibb-lectures-jonathan-on-governance/
Re: Ibb Lectures Jonathan On Governance – Vanguard by OAM4J: 2:43pm On Jul 04, 2011
Good advice from a wrong man. How tolerant was IBB when he was in power?

But all the same Mr President will do well to listen and take the advice.
Re: Ibb Lectures Jonathan On Governance – Vanguard by iragbijile: 2:48pm On Jul 04, 2011
OAM4J:

Good advice from a wrong man. How tolerant was IBB when he was in power?

But all the same Mr President will do well to listen and take the advice.

How intolerant was he?
Re: Ibb Lectures Jonathan On Governance – Vanguard by ektbear: 2:59pm On Jul 04, 2011
The IBB+Abacha years were probably the worst in Nigerian history. The country was completely destroyed economically. So what place does IBB have to lecture anyone on governance?
Re: Ibb Lectures Jonathan On Governance – Vanguard by OAM4J: 3:10pm On Jul 04, 2011
iragbijile:

How intolerant was he?

You might need to find out how many media houses he shut and how many journalists he arrested and imprisoned.

Even late Gani Fawehinmi should be turning in his grave if he is able to read IBB's advice.

But then may be he is a changed man.
Re: Ibb Lectures Jonathan On Governance – Vanguard by Depilot(m): 3:44pm On Jul 04, 2011
All things equal and sentiment aside, this is an excellent advise and a fantastic way for a statesman to assist.
Even in the bible there were many leaders that fumbled earlier in their lives, but were able to make necessary adjustment and still left great legacy behind.
It's time to allow God, the creator of all things to do his job and judge each and everyone of us.
Moreover, do not be surprised when people like Babangida ends up in heaven while his haters mingle in He11.
This advise is a needed one and I'm sure that Jonathan will be glad to jump on it.
I'm happy to discovered this development.
Re: Ibb Lectures Jonathan On Governance – Vanguard by Demdem(m): 4:49pm On Jul 04, 2011
This is good advice from IBB (GEJ's Father) to GEJ (Son).
Re: Ibb Lectures Jonathan On Governance – Vanguard by Seun(m): 6:08pm On Jul 05, 2011
I think IBB is just throwing his support behind his kinsman/friend, El-Rufai. Nothing more or less.
Re: Ibb Lectures Jonathan On Governance – Vanguard by 4Play(m): 7:33pm On Jul 05, 2011
ekt_bear:

The IBB+Abacha years were probably the worst in Nigerian history. The country was completely destroyed economically. So what place does IBB have to lecture anyone on governance?

Th Shagari and Buhari years were the worst. You simply have to look at the sheer magnitude of the contraction of the economy in those years. IBB is not far behind, I will say he was the third worst.
Re: Ibb Lectures Jonathan On Governance – Vanguard by dayokanu(m): 7:42pm On Jul 05, 2011
Well, Odechukwu is too reetarded to take any advice,

In his short stay he has etched himself in history as the worst president ever in Nigerian history
Re: Ibb Lectures Jonathan On Governance – Vanguard by Kobojunkie: 8:10pm On Jul 05, 2011
oru o kw la nu ya! grin grin grin
Re: Ibb Lectures Jonathan On Governance – Vanguard by damipaul(m): 8:25pm On Jul 05, 2011
Why is he just talking now, why is it when El rufai was arrested? May God expose and destroy all the strongholds!
Re: Ibb Lectures Jonathan On Governance – Vanguard by ektbear: 8:42pm On Jul 05, 2011
4 Play:

Th Shagari and Buhari years were the worst. You simply have to look at the sheer magnitude of the contraction of the economy in those years. IBB is not far behind, I will say he was the third worst.

You might be right, I guess it is arguable. Here is a plot of gdp/capita data, btw:

(generated from data on http://data.un.org/)
Re: Ibb Lectures Jonathan On Governance – Vanguard by Osama10(m): 8:45pm On Jul 05, 2011
This man has the guts to spew out that poo from his mouth.  angry angry angry
Re: Ibb Lectures Jonathan On Governance – Vanguard by iragbijile: 10:45pm On Jul 05, 2011
There is a saying in Lagos: If you cant make it during the Babangida years, You will never make it in Nigeria

Simply the best.

Sai IBB.
Re: Ibb Lectures Jonathan On Governance – Vanguard by jmaine: 10:58pm On Jul 05, 2011
iragbijile:

There is a saying in Lagos: If you cant make it during the Babangida years, You will never make it in Nigeria

Simply the best.

Sai IBB.

grin grin . . .People still love and crave for IBB due to his beloved " Chop, I Chop" methodology . . . main reasons why he still has some fans lurking around . .
Re: Ibb Lectures Jonathan On Governance – Vanguard by ASANIGBO(m): 3:55am On Jul 06, 2011
shocked

IBB

to

GEJ

shocked

Re: Ibb Lectures Jonathan On Governance – Vanguard by naijaking1: 3:58am On Jul 06, 2011
It's only in Nigeria that a criminal military despot like IBB would have media access and spew all sorts of rubbish, while another dictator would even vie for the presidency again. Only in our sick country, Nigeria.
Re: Ibb Lectures Jonathan On Governance – Vanguard by donobi(m): 5:59am On Jul 06, 2011
Gej take the message and leave the messanger. Ibb stop advicing during ur reign u rule as a tyrany.
Re: Ibb Lectures Jonathan On Governance – Vanguard by fxtopedia(m): 7:40am On Jul 06, 2011
[size=18pt]Show me your mentor, I kinda tell you whom you are! Foolishness[/size]
Re: Ibb Lectures Jonathan On Governance – Vanguard by TEKUTE: 7:59am On Jul 06, 2011
Is good to hear Ibb utter such soothing and supportive words if only is from his heart, And Nigeria will be a better place if people like Buhari, atiku, and many more of them have a rethink on the way forward for Nigeria their mother land , and be more supportive than trying to put problem by scattering the affairs of our Government direct and indirectly
Re: Ibb Lectures Jonathan On Governance – Vanguard by Demdem(m): 8:19am On Jul 06, 2011
ekt_bear:

You might be right, I guess it is arguable. Here is a plot of gdp/capita data, btw:

(generated from data on http://data.un.org/)

Wao, based on this graph alone, it suggest to me that OBJ actually did a good job. so who do peeps so much hate this fellow?
Re: Ibb Lectures Jonathan On Governance – Vanguard by valicious1(m): 9:04am On Jul 06, 2011
WHEN WILL OUR POLITICIANS GROWUP & STOP REASONING LIKE FOOLS. IMAGINE IBB ADVICING GEJ ON RECKLESS APPLICATION OF POWER WHILE HE HIMSELF RECKLESSLY ABUSED POWER WHILE HE WAS ON SEAT. AS FAR AS AM CONCERNED THE ONLY PERSON FIT ENOUGH TO GIVE SUCH AN ADVICE IS ALHAJI SHEHU SHAGARI. PERIOD
Re: Ibb Lectures Jonathan On Governance – Vanguard by dfanthom(m): 9:30am On Jul 06, 2011
i guess IBB's had his dose of sober reflection!
he was a military despot then, in anyway i urge GEJ to examine the advice thoroughly b4 accepting it.
Re: Ibb Lectures Jonathan On Governance – Vanguard by irekez(m): 9:36am On Jul 06, 2011
Victimisation of percieved enemies is a very bad trait any government will portray any where in the world. The opposition bring out the best in governance. I believe IBB himself was also not free from such because of the numerous people he either arrested, sent on exile or killed.
Re: Ibb Lectures Jonathan On Governance – Vanguard by cold(m): 9:45am On Jul 06, 2011
It's human nature,people seldom, if ever take their own advice
Re: Ibb Lectures Jonathan On Governance – Vanguard by cvibe: 10:58am On Jul 06, 2011
Everyone gives advice nowadays.
Re: Ibb Lectures Jonathan On Governance – Vanguard by Leonoel202(m): 11:04am On Jul 06, 2011
smiley cheesy grin angry shocked Who is lecturing who, a demon lecturing a sainttell IBB to go and sleep, he knows nothing about good governance
Re: Ibb Lectures Jonathan On Governance – Vanguard by Clays1: 11:07am On Jul 06, 2011
Jonathan should take as much advise as possible from the elder statesmen. This guy simply doesn't know jack shyt. Clueless as ever
Re: Ibb Lectures Jonathan On Governance – Vanguard by yokiti: 11:25am On Jul 06, 2011
[/quote][quote author=donobi link=topic=705552.msg8659616#msg8659616 date=1309928349]
Gej take the message and leave the messanger. Ibb stop advicing during your reign u rule as a tyrany.
SECONDED! CONSIDERING IBB ERA; HE IS NOT WORTHY TO GIVE THIS ADVICE. HOPE IS NOW A CHANGED MAN OR IS HE A LEOPARD THAT CANT CHANGE HIS SPOT? PLEASE, TELL GEJ TO IGNORE THE VESSEL (IBB) BUT THAT HE SHOULD ACCEPT THE CONTENT (MESSAGE) AND THAT HE SHOULD ACT ON IT SPEEDILY. MAY GOD BLESS NIGERIA!
Re: Ibb Lectures Jonathan On Governance – Vanguard by chainy: 11:33am On Jul 06, 2011
LOL Easier said than done,
Re: Ibb Lectures Jonathan On Governance – Vanguard by nagoma(m): 11:41am On Jul 06, 2011
IBB is in the position to give good advice. whether he was a good or a bad leader he has more experience than many of us including the official advisors. Of course there is no compulsion on the president to take any of his advices. I will recommend that Ringim considers advices given by Tafa Balogun because they could be useful  and Bode George can offer good advices to the present PA chairman. Why not - we can learn from peoples successes and also from their mistakes - that's life.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kayode Ogundamisi Busted Trying To Incite Hausas Against Biafrans With Fake Pics / ‘it Would Be Difficult For An Igbo To Be Nigeria’s President’ / Is Patience Jonathan Pregnant? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.