Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,036 members, 7,828,633 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap (43793 Views)

Jada Pinkett Says Chris Rock Asked Her Out / Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap / Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Ishilove: 7:12am On Apr 02, 2022
abimic:

You're right, the slap was uncalled for considering he was initially smiling at the pass. He allowed his wife's emotion got into his head and ruined his perfect moment. As a man, he ought to have thought twice creating such scenes that night, a sweet night he longed for only to be marred by his irrational decision. Even though Rock is a veteran at dissing people and sees it as joke, but Smith should have used another means at registering his wife's displeasure or waited till when emotions are low then call the guy out if need be.
Exactly! There are ways he would have dealt with Rock that would have even made the comedian publicly apologise, but no, he had to act the fool.

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by qekng40(f): 7:12am On Apr 02, 2022
redcliff:

I know where you are coming from, but you are in denial. Bye
Bye darling.
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by everythinggirly(f): 7:12am On Apr 02, 2022
His wife must have kept him in the right place, where she can manipulate him, that's why he's acting stupid.

There's nothing that gender Cannot do, they can do and undo. Women!!!!

Contact me for your writing services!

2 Likes

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by BRATISLAVA: 7:12am On Apr 02, 2022
qekng40:
A Legend!

I wish him well because I know he did the right thing! wink

The slap was necessity grin

Chris Rock messed with the wrong guy!

He did the right thing?

Imagine a world where everyone's response to what they don't like to hear is physical violence.

Those supporting Smith are not objective. Most just enjoy fights. The same Will Smith who made jokes about another bald person without being slapped?

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by qekng40(f): 7:15am On Apr 02, 2022
house10s2:
apparently u can't read, if u support will Smith then u support the wife.
no make English confuse u, if na money matter ur brain go agile

Its you that can't read, because in reading you read to understand!

Guy, just drink water and leave me alone since you can't gerrit.
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Ishilove: 7:15am On Apr 02, 2022
smasher1:

Some good women do all that for their men. One gave her vehicle for her husband to use to work. Etc. Some good women out there.
Don't mind that one writing rubbish and the brainless fools liking his ignorant comment

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by BRATISLAVA: 7:15am On Apr 02, 2022
Ahmed0336:

You dey mind that one? He allowed emotions to finish his career

His career isn't finished. You'll be surprised that the people cheering him on will find a way to have him reinstated, if he doesn't spearhead it himself.

The problem with cancel culture. It doesn't hold water when it should. It's merely a tool for hippies and other permissive types. Like the Hollyweird crew.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by 9japride(m): 7:17am On Apr 02, 2022
cardoctor:

Gave him corner eye look and he became an ediot. No be juju be dat?
[color=#006600][/color]

I taya for Smith sad

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by BRATISLAVA: 7:17am On Apr 02, 2022
Karlovych:
embarassed A 53 year old man destroying his life and embarrassing himself over and over again because of a bald, short narcissist he calls a wife.

Always acting out emotionally over simple issues that a reasonable adult deals with in a matured manner, like in this case over a joke.

No wonder the Mrs baldy cheated on him, a foolish, weak man that resorts to crying to avoid taking responsibilities for his actions. A weak, helpless soul that allows himself to be cucked from the grave by a rapper that died over 25 years ago.

His childish outburst has given plenty of comedians more material to work with and roast him the more, perhaps then he can cry and ocean of tears and baldy can sob on her red table.

The man made a conscious decision to love his wife, something a lot of you can't stand. He is weak for that. Maybe if he beat her up you would applaud him?

He slapped someone and yet she's the cause of it. Did she walk him to the podium, raise his hand and use it to slap Mr Rock?

This closeted misogyny is getting tasteless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Lightorder: 7:18am On Apr 02, 2022
qekng40:
A Legend!

very very necessary slap ! Even his enemies know who the true legend is

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by BRATISLAVA: 7:20am On Apr 02, 2022
Golan007:
[s][/s]

Rubbish.

Will Smith has made jokes at the expense of others in public.

He has made jokes referring to one's baldness in the past.

In the past, he's shown snippets of violence and has been booked for it.

When a man screwed his balding wife, all he did was cry. Couldn't do shit to the guy.

At the Oscars and similar events, roasting is allowed and even expected.

The joke wasn't that deep until baldy emasculated him once again.

Willy willy took over the idiot.

How did she emasculate him once again?

You can never find a boy on this forum who will agree that the actions of a man are made and taken by a man. They will always find a way to blame a woman for it. When will they get realistic?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Lightorder: 7:20am On Apr 02, 2022
Sergio101:
vagina people don see this man finish.

one "V" shape thing killing talent since 500BC.

Sad!.

Outta here!!!!!
anytime they put your wife on the slab to slaughter in your presence, before the whole world, sit back and watch because she is not your sister. Coward

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by 9japride(m): 7:20am On Apr 02, 2022
abimic:

You're right, the slap was uncalled for considering he was initially smiling at the pass. He allowed his wife's emotion got into his head and ruined his perfect moment. As a man, he ought to have thought twice creating such scenes that night, a sweet night he longed for only to be marred by his irrational decision. Even though Rock is a veteran at dissing people and sees it as joke, but Smith should have used another means at registering his wife's displeasure or waited till when emotions are low then call the guy out if need be.
[color=#006600][/color]

You are very right, one needs to be careful when making decisions in anger. That incident can never be forgotten. He might lose he's career, while his wife will continue her normal daily life.

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by JustforMen: 7:21am On Apr 02, 2022
advanceDNA:

Women don’t simp to that level...never

Thats why the highest you’ll get is boxers, singlet, 5k perfume, or their body which they got freely from nature...If you get more than that, it’s your money they used in buying it for you..or they have overflowing cash...like Beyoncé or cardiB

woman will take loan to open shop for her man?? Or take loan at the office to buy car for her husband from her hard earned salary.?? E no possible.....na only one woman fit do am...she don die 3214 years ago...

If they fight another woman for for you, it’s not about you ....it’s their source of money they trying to protect..

Na men like to behave like Mumu...

I doff cap for you, bros!
Jesu!!... it couldn't have been stated better.
This is eye opening.

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by qekng40(f): 7:21am On Apr 02, 2022
Lightorder:
very very necessary slap ! Even his enemies know who the true legend is

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by kayo8080: 7:22am On Apr 02, 2022
youngblaq:

It's not right to talk to anyone like your first sentence does, this person never offended you in any way and he's entitled to his opinions. You should apologize.

Will doesn't even know who you are ffs.
Extreme provocation for what exactly? Is apolecia a form of cancer now? That shit is never a disease and certainly not worth worrying about like you're making it sound...and any man who can't master and tame is emotions is only a pussy..a pussy ass weakling who even laughed .... Laughed on hearing the same joke that 'provoked' him but had to turn radical because the said wife doesn't look pleased.

Will could have told Rock the same thing he told him after hitting him without him moving an inch, but NO!
He had to walk several strides to commit 'battery' on on his first Oscar night.. ruining a night that should have been his best in the pictures.

Will made mockery of Arsenio Hall's mother! Once a comedian himself made a joke out of a bald headed drummer...it's just a joke Jada should even appreciate because tipping her for that G.I Jane role would probably be too much for her lol...Rock initially said...'Jada, I love you'.

Let's do away with all that... Now, if the presenter was a person like Dwayne 'Rock' Johnson and he made similar remarks about Jada...do you think Will would try that nonsense?

Will is ashamed of himself rn. He has quite a shameless family though (if Jada could sleep with her own child age range while in a marriage) and that fool of a son could tweet 'thats how we do it in the family'. Their shame is out of this planet.

I wish I could like your post ten times. So many solid points.

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Yxxx: 7:23am On Apr 02, 2022
Is there something Will did in the past that Jada knows and it gives her an upperhand in their marriage?
Is it something that makes him too loyal to her because he can't afford to be exposed?
He seems to be blackmailed by this woman because she acts like she pleases and she controls him.

There is something wrong somewhere because such an actor does not look like weakling but he's loyalty to Jada is borne out of blackmail and not love. He seems powerless.

3 Likes

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by zoroby(m): 7:23am On Apr 02, 2022
advanceDNA:

Thats why the highest you’ll get is boxers, singlet, 5k perfume, or their body which they got freely from nature...If you get more than that, it’s your money they used in buying it for you..or they have overflowing cash...like Beyoncé or cardiB

woman will take loan to open shop for her man?? Or take loan at the office to buy car for her husband from her hard earned salary.?? E no possible.....na only one woman fit do am...she don die 3214 years ago...

If they fight another woman for for you, it’s not about you ....it’s their source of money they trying to protect..

Guy flesh and blood did not reveal this to you. If you dey within Abuja buzz me make we watch match, drink and flex by 3pm today. Your mind is sharp

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Milly44(f): 7:23am On Apr 02, 2022
advanceDNA:

U don burst my brain �

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by emmykk(m): 7:24am On Apr 02, 2022
qekng40:
A Legend!

NB: No more replies to mentions, I said what I said. You lots should drink water if you don't agree. I'm off this thread for y'all cool

A joke is a joke and he need to have take it.
He is not emotionally organize.

2 Likes

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Lightorder: 7:29am On Apr 02, 2022
Badguyyyy123:
Chai, las las pussy end this man career cry
so long as it’s s my wife’s pu**y , I have kept my vow and don’t care how you see it. If Jada turns out to be your sister, you wouldn’t haven’t sounded this careless , selfish and insensitive . And for Chris , I am waiting for when his conscience will let him press charges
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Kobicove(m): 7:31am On Apr 02, 2022
TEYA:
Simp of a man! I wonder what Jada gave that guy to eat. Infact, she has finished him! someone cracked a joke, you laughed, then after 1
minute, you went and slapped him. Are you mad??!!

She gave him fresh fish pepper soup cooked with the water she used to wash her V! grin

2 Likes

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by dettolgel: 7:34am On Apr 02, 2022
Angelfrost:

When?!! Maybe sometime in the far future! Africans enjoy blame games. We are that pathetic!

That said... When will America start taking responsibility for being a huge part of the mess in most parts of the world?!! Well, Never!!!

If you want to be honest, don't castigate one, and leave out the other! No nation is perfect!

My comments was in response to someone trying to turn the conversation into what it is not. Anyways that is a different thing.

Yes US have been part and parcel of the mess around the world. One thing I will give to them is that in their country they still have people with conscious that time over time had called out those responsible to explain their part in such actions and to take responsibility for such actions.

Libya we got their admission of mistake, same in Iraq, Vietnam and Afghanistan. Yes I agree with you at what cost to the victims. Admission of guilt does not magical fixed the lives of the victims. Personally I would prefer jail terms and serious punishment for those responsible rather than mere apologise.

However, back home to this day the FG and all the parties involved have denied the atrocities committed during the Biafra war. Recently rather than bring to justice the marauders killing people across the country we are busy rewarding them.

It took the involvement of the west to bring a semblance of justice to the Huti Tutsi ethnic cleanings.

Yes, US actions around the world should be of concern to everyone but what is of utmost importance to me is our own responsibilities towards one another as Africans.

We are in the mess we are today in Nigeria because of our dislike for one another. We had rather destroy the country just to get at one another.

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by wirinet(m): 7:37am On Apr 02, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

His career isn't finished. You'll be surprised that the people cheering him on will find a way to have him reinstated, if he doesn't spearhead it himself.

The problem with cancel culture. It doesn't hold water when it should. It's merely a tool for hippies and other permissive types. Like the Hollyweird crew.

Believe me, his Hollywood career is over. No producer or director will ever star in in a movie again after this.

He might still make in in Rap music though, where violence is celebrated.

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by advanceDNA: 7:40am On Apr 02, 2022
iLoveYouToo:

Calm down the internet is replete with clips of girls/women beating other babes over d!ck, if that’s not simping what else is?

That’s not simping...that’s just part of their monopolizing behavior...:doesn’t mean they even love you....
A women expects you to fvck her alone even though she doesn’t give a fvck about you and don’t want to marry you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by jimb(m): 7:41am On Apr 02, 2022
Most respect to Chris Rock for the way he reacted after the slap..

2 Likes

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by kayo8080: 7:47am On Apr 02, 2022
Golan007:

What health condition?

Can someone die from baldness?

I tire for the people making the condition seem like it is cancer.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by We4all: 7:47am On Apr 02, 2022
Badguyyyy123:
Chai, las las pussy end this man career cry

Huh! How did he end his career? Even ex convicts come out of jail to become stars.

His resignation from the academy doesn’t in anyway stop him from acting. Read this:

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Nobody: 7:47am On Apr 02, 2022
qekng40:

You didn't see the "I wish him well"?

You lot read to reply but never to understand.

Oga, just forget aborrit
Obviously if you read to understand, you ought to know I had no business with the “I wish him well “ Statement.
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Navalsadiq(m): 7:48am On Apr 02, 2022
And his wife will continue to attend the Oscars.

What a shame! Chris Rock should press charges.

Though I never admired that simp one bit
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by iLoveYouToo(m): 7:48am On Apr 02, 2022
advanceDNA:

That’s not simping...that’s just part of their monopolizing behavior...:doesn’t mean they even love you....
A women expects you to fvck her alone even though she doesn’t give a fvck about you and don’t want to marry you

Agreed. You’ve not seen videos of babes proposing to their partners? …And got turned down cheesy
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by africandollar: 7:49am On Apr 02, 2022
youngblaq:

It's not right to talk to anyone like your first sentence does, this person never offended you in any way and he's entitled to his opinions. You should apologize.

Will doesn't even know who you are ffs.
Extreme provocation for what exactly? Is apolecia a form of cancer now? That shit is never a disease and certainly not worth worrying about like you're making it sound...and any man who can't master and tame is emotions is only a pussy..a pussy ass weakling who even laughed .... Laughed on hearing the same joke that 'provoked' him but had to turn radical because the said wife doesn't look pleased.

Will could have told Rock the same thing he told him after hitting him without him moving an inch, but NO!
He had to walk several strides to commit 'battery' on on his first Oscar night.. ruining a night that should have been his best in the pictures.

Will made mockery of Arsenio Hall's mother! Once a comedian himself made a joke out of a bald headed drummer...it's just a joke Jada should even appreciate because tipping her for that G.I Jane role would probably be too much for her lol...Rock initially said...'Jada, I love you'.

Let's do away with all that... Now, if the presenter was a person like Dwayne 'Rock' Johnson and he made similar remarks about Jada...do you think Will would try that nonsense?

Will is ashamed of himself rn. He has quite a shameless family though (if Jada could sleep with her own child age range while in a marriage) and that fool of a son could tweet 'thats how we do it in the family'. Their shame is out of this planet.

Gbam! No more words after these! You nailed it perfectly!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Wizkid Uses Savvy Rinu Picture As His Profile Picture On Twitter / Please Pray For My Mum- Ibinabo Fiberesima's Son Writes Open Letter To Nigerians / Miyonse, Soma And Busty Female Fan Pictured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.