Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,337 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap (43725 Views)

Jada Pinkett Says Chris Rock Asked Her Out / Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap / Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by etokhana: 12:43am On Apr 02, 2022
Will Smith resigned Friday from the motion picture academy following his Oscars night slap of Chris Rock and said he would accept any further punishment the organization imposed.

Smith in a statement released Friday afternoon he would “accept any further consequences the Board deems appropriate. I will fully accept any and all consequences for my conduct. My actions at the 94th Academy Awards presentation were shocking, painful, and inexcusable.

“I betrayed the trust of the Academy. I deprived other nominees and winners of their opportunity to celebrate and be celebrated for their extraordinary work,” his statement said. “I am heartbroken. I want to put the focus back on those who deserve attention for their achievements and allow the Academy to get back to the incredible work it does to support creativity and artistry in film.

“Change takes time and I am committed to doing the work to ensure that I never again allow violence to overtake reason,” Smith concluded in the statement.

The resignation came two days after the academy’s leadership board met to initiate disciplinary proceedings against Smith for violations against the group’s standards of conduct.

On Sunday, Smith strode from his front-row Dolby Theatre seat on to the stage and smacked Rock, who had made a joke at the expense of Smith’s wife, Jada Pinkett Smith. Moments later, he went on to win the best actor award for his role in “King Richard.”

Rock, who was about to present Oscar for best documentary, declined to file charges when asked by police. He has only briefly addressed the attack publicly, saying at one comedy concert in Boston this week that he was still “kind of processing what happened.”

Smith shocked the theater crowd and viewers at home when he took the stage after Rock joked: “Jada, I love you. ‘G.I. Jane 2,’ can’t wait to see it.”

Pinkett Smith, who suffers from the hair loss condition alopecia, had a closely shaved head similar to that of Demi Moore in the original movie.

https://apnews.com/article/oscars-jada-pinkett-smith-will-smith-chris-rock-entertainment-b11234425a83cd5384ecede456ff0013?utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=AP

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by qekng40(f): 12:43am On Apr 02, 2022
A Legend!

I wish him well because I know he did the right thing! wink

The slap was a necessity grin

Chris Rock messed with the wrong guy!

NB: No more replies to mentions, I said what I said. You lots should drink water if you don't agree. I'm off this thread for y'all cool

76 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Sergio101(m): 12:43am On Apr 02, 2022
vagina people don see this man finish.

one "V" shape thing killing talent since 500BC.

Sad!.

Outta here!!!!!

426 Likes 40 Shares

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Illuminatiship(m): 12:54am On Apr 02, 2022
Will smith is a useless lunatic.

254 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Badguyyyy123: 12:59am On Apr 02, 2022
Chai, las las pussy end this man career cry

343 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Upworkwriter007(f): 1:02am On Apr 02, 2022
Wait sef. Does will smith think for a minute that Jada would have done same for him? Someone that ridiculed you in.

461 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Ahmed0336(m): 1:40am On Apr 02, 2022
Upworkwriter007:
Wait sef. Does will smith think for a minute that Jada would have done same for him? Someone that ridiculed you in.
You dey mind that one? He allowed emotions to finish his career

361 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Karlovych: 1:53am On Apr 02, 2022
embarassed A 53 year old man destroying his life and embarrassing himself over and over again because of a bald, short narcissist he calls a wife.

Always acting out emotionally over simple issues that a reasonable adult deals with in a matured manner, like in this case over a joke.

No wonder the Mrs baldy cheated on him, a foolish, weak man that resorts to crying to avoid taking responsibilities for his actions. A weak, helpless soul that allows himself to be cucked from the grave by a rapper that died over 25 years ago.

His childish outburst has given plenty of comedians more material to work with and roast him the more, perhaps then he can cry and ocean of tears and baldy can sob on her red table.

384 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by advanceDNA: 2:09am On Apr 02, 2022
Upworkwriter007:

Women don’t simp to that level...never

Thats why the highest you’ll get is boxers, singlet, 5k perfume, or their body which they got freely from nature...If you get more than that, it’s your money they used in buying it for you..or they have overflowing cash...like Beyoncé or cardiB

woman will take loan to open shop for her man?? Or take loan at the office to buy car for her husband from her hard earned salary.?? E no possible.....na only one woman fit do am...she don die 3214 years ago...

If they fight another woman for for you, it’s not about you ....it’s their source of money they trying to protect and displaying their monopolistic behavior

Na men like to behave like Mumu...

586 Likes 61 Shares

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Reflect7: 2:38am On Apr 02, 2022
One more thing. Hypocritical Americans who see nothing wrong with their country being the world's largest weapons manufacturer and supplier to the nations, whose weapons and invasions have slaughtered and maimed hundreds of millions of innocent people worldwide, from Iraq to Vietnam, yet play outraged saints over a guy who merely slapped another guy for publicly mocking his sick wife, really can go to blazes.

24 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Golan007: 3:11am On Apr 02, 2022
[s]
Reflect7:

Oh shut up and get lost. Smith is 100 times the person you are. He was acting under extreme provocation, caused by someone making fun of his wife over her illness. Many a man would do exactly what Will Smith did. Surely not yourself because you've never loved or been loved in your worthless life.
[/s]

Rubbish.

Will Smith has made jokes at the expense of others in public.

He has made jokes referring to one's baldness in the past.

In the past, he's shown snippets of violence and has been booked for it.

When a man screwed his balding wife, all he did was cry. Couldn't do shit to the guy.

At the Oscars and similar events, roasting is allowed and even expected.

The joke wasn't that deep until baldy emasculated him once again.

Willy willy took over the idiot.

313 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by ussv: 3:19am On Apr 02, 2022
But the slap was a second thought o, he was initially laughing at the joke. Well I hope court of public opinion can forgive him

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Karlovych: 3:43am On Apr 02, 2022
Reflect7:

Oh shut up and get lost. Smith is 100 times the person you are. He was acting under extreme provocation, caused by someone making fun of his wife over her illness. Many a man would do exactly what Will Smith did. Surely not yourself because you've never loved or been loved in your worthless life.
He acted exactly the way weak creatures act and is facing the consequences.

His wife is not ill and calling someone GI Jane doesn't warrant a physical assault. Will Smith is a comedian as well and has made fun of people on several occasions without getting assaulted.

He laughed and the joke only to get angry when he turned and saw the wife's face

Emotional creatures like you lack common sense and will waste no time to embarrass yourself in public because of your uncontrolled feelings.

Next time when someone says something you don't like walk up to them and slap them.

Jada loves Will so much that she cheated on him with a boy half her age.

281 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by youngblaq: 3:46am On Apr 02, 2022
Reflect7:

It's not right to talk to anyone like your first sentence does, this person never offended you in any way and he's entitled to his opinions. You should apologize.

Will doesn't even know who you are ffs.
Extreme provocation for what exactly? Is apolecia a form of cancer now? That shit is never a disease and certainly not worth worrying about like you're making it sound...and any man who can't master and tame is emotions is only a pussy..a pussy ass weakling who even laughed .... Laughed on hearing the same joke that 'provoked' him but had to turn radical because the said wife doesn't look pleased.

Will could have told Rock the same thing he told him after hitting him without him moving an inch, but NO!
He had to walk several strides to commit 'battery' on on his first Oscar night.. ruining a night that should have been his best in the pictures.

Will made mockery of Arsenio Hall's mother! Once a comedian himself made a joke out of a bald headed drummer...it's just a joke Jada should even appreciate because tipping her for that G.I Jane role would probably be too much for her lol...Rock initially said...'Jada, I love you'.

Let's do away with all that... Now, if the presenter was a person like Dwayne 'Rock' Johnson and he made similar remarks about Jada...do you think Will would try that nonsense?

Will is ashamed of himself rn. He has quite a shameless family though (if Jada could sleep with her own child age range while in a marriage) and that fool of a son could tweet 'thats how we do it in the family'. Their shame is out of this planet.

194 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by youngblaq: 3:51am On Apr 02, 2022
Reflect7:
One more thing. Hypocritical Americans who see nothing wrong with their country being the world's largest weapons manufacturer and supplier to the nations, whose weapons and invasions have slaughtered and maimed hundreds of millions of innocent people worldwide, from Iraq to Vietnam, yet play outraged saints over a guy who merely slapped another guy for publicly mocking his sick wife, really can go to blazes.

You're a super confused fellow with no iota of common sense. Learning is far from you with the type of brain you're punished with.

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by 9japride(m): 3:51am On Apr 02, 2022
Will Smith is not serious, he should learn to be a man. Someone that was laughing at the joke Chris made but all of a sudden change mood when his narcissistic wife gave him corner eye look. I wonder how people still pretend that such narcissistic fellow will ever change? He's wife is not a nice person, she only cares about herself. I pity Smith.

111 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Realist12: 4:22am On Apr 02, 2022
Will Smith and family have been victims of social media attacks , in the moment of trying to be a man and standing up for his family he ended up proving the bants to be true.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Danmboss(m): 5:38am On Apr 02, 2022
See how woman don finishe this guy

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by arejibadz(m): 5:39am On Apr 02, 2022
Will simp

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Ohibenemma(m): 5:39am On Apr 02, 2022
E
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Anaerobi(m): 5:40am On Apr 02, 2022
Men, this dude is passing through alot

8 Likes

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by SensualMan1(m): 5:40am On Apr 02, 2022
Weak man. You'd soon be dead.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Curemeses: 5:40am On Apr 02, 2022
I saw that coming
Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Savedday: 5:41am On Apr 02, 2022
Chai! Truly, truly!

The worst thing that can ever happen to any man on earth is being a SIMPle man

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by ecolime(m): 5:41am On Apr 02, 2022
SIMP

Greatest BitchAss MF ever liveth.

Will Smith is a disgrace to all men. Spits undecided

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by EagleNest(m): 5:41am On Apr 02, 2022
advanceDNA:

Women don’t simp to that level...never

Thats why the highest you’ll get is boxers, singlet, 5k perfume, or their body which they got freely from nature...If you get more than that, it’s your money they used in buying it for you..or they have overflowing cash...like Beyoncé or cardiB

woman will take loan to open shop for her man?? Or take loan at the office to buy car for her husband from her hard earned salary.?? E no possible.....na only one woman fit do am...she don die 3214 years ago...

If they fight another woman for for you, it’s not about you ....it’s their source of money they trying to protect..

Na men like to behave like Mumu...

grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by oluseyiforjesus(m): 5:42am On Apr 02, 2022
Better

2 Likes

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by TEYA: 5:42am On Apr 02, 2022
Simp of a man! I wonder what Jada gave that guy to eat. Infact, she has finished him! someone cracked a joke, you laughed, then after 1
minute, you went and slapped him. Are you mad??!!

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Smith Resigns From Film Academy Over Chris Rock Slap by Nobody: 5:43am On Apr 02, 2022
Truly the downfall of great men in human history is initiated by a woman,

Directly or indirectly, nobody can tell me otherwise. undecided

47 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

DJ Cuppy Finally Relocates To Lagos; Announces Her Relocation With This Photo / Tboss Looks Beautiful In Floral Dress (Photos) / Bambam’s 30th Birthday Lingerie Party: Photos Of 2018 BBNaija Housemates Spotted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.