Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,653 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Did Dstv Eventually Increase Their Subscription Prices? - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Did Dstv Eventually Increase Their Subscription Prices? (27456 Views)

Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV / Multichoice Increases DSTV And Gotv Subscription Prices This November / Did Dstv Give Any Reasons For Discontinuing The Walka Service? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Dstv Eventually Increase Their Subscription Prices? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 04, 2022
chrisifeanyi:
I want to know if they were stopped from doing so or they later went ahead with the price increase.

They did.

Ended up paying higher than usual.

1 Like

Re: Did Dstv Eventually Increase Their Subscription Prices? by SocialJustice: 3:38pm On Apr 04, 2022
RedEnergy:
The only desperate entity in this picture is that fake TSTV. They will soon crawl back to the hole they came out from and disappear again after scamming some extra idiots like they did last year. It's the regular pattern with that loser company grin
I hear but I'm getting it. My neighbour already did so I have a very good idea of what it has to offer. I'm not a football fan, go and blackmail football people. grin

12 Likes

Re: Did Dstv Eventually Increase Their Subscription Prices? by pwettyme(f): 3:39pm On Apr 04, 2022
Please I genuinely want to get TSTV as soon as possible. What are the pros and cons if any?

4 Likes

Re: Did Dstv Eventually Increase Their Subscription Prices? by Chukwumajr(m): 3:40pm On Apr 04, 2022
They went ahead with the price, I paid #14250 for compact plus as against #12400 I use to pay
Re: Did Dstv Eventually Increase Their Subscription Prices? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Apr 04, 2022
RedEnergy:
The only desperate entity in this picture is that fake TSTV. They will soon crawl back to the hole they came out from and disappear again after scamming some extra idiots like they did last year. It's the regular pattern with that loser company grin

They may do well this time...at least they appear to be staying in their lane(like Startimes) and not making the mistake HiTV made (wasting money competing with DSTV for premier league rights...which backfired spectacularly....what intially was supposed to be an asset turned out to be deadweight on their neck.)

3 Likes

Re: Did Dstv Eventually Increase Their Subscription Prices? by tamdun: 3:41pm On Apr 04, 2022
iscom:
Na startime i dey use oo
And one good thing about start time is that 4 people can download their app and stream all the channels u sub anywhere u are

3 Likes

Re: Did Dstv Eventually Increase Their Subscription Prices? by CaptainFM1: 3:42pm On Apr 04, 2022
RedEnergy:
Nairaland is so pathetic. Just look at how they intentionally and persistently try to demarket DSTV on front page but at the same time, cunningly promote TSTV, the same TSTV that scammed Nigerians with their fake thrash last year and went incognito, only to show up again trying to scam more idiots with fake promotions. The legal department of DSTV is obviously sleeping, otherwise they should have sued Nairaland for trying to ruin their business model by misleading the public.

If TSTV is so good, they should market their services, but that's how you know a thrashy fake company with nothing good to offer, they like to attack and demarket their competition with lies and fabrications, instead of marketing their own positives, because they simply have nothing tangible to offer. TSTV my foot. Even if DSTV increases to 50K, I will rather sub DSTV than touch that thrash called TSTV with a 9 foot pole.

All these fake demarketing strategies from this failed company TSTV won't work. Cry me a river tongue

Are you DSTV mouthpiece? Let them come out and defend themselves.

7 Likes

Re: Did Dstv Eventually Increase Their Subscription Prices? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 04, 2022
RedEnergy:
Nairaland is so pathetic. Just look at how they intentionally and persistently try to demarket DSTV on front page but at the same time, cunningly promote TSTV, the same TSTV that scammed Nigerians with their fake thrash last year and went incognito, only to show up again trying to scam more idiots with fake promotions. The legal department of DSTV is obviously sleeping, otherwise they should have sued Nairaland for trying to ruin their business model by misleading the public.

If TSTV is so good, they should market their services, but that's how you know a thrashy fake company with nothing good to offer, they like to attack and demarket their competition with lies and fabrications, instead of marketing their own positives, because they simply have nothing tangible to offer. TSTV my foot. Even if DSTV increases to 50K, I will rather sub DSTV than touch that thrash called TSTV with a 9 foot pole.

All these fake demarketing strategies from this failed company TSTV won't work. Cry me a river tongue

Well, let's see how they do

1.They appear to be offering something like pay per view...with the idea that you pay for actual time you watch, not for a month

2.They appear also to be wisely not trying to compete with DSTV in the Premier league aspect.

(Not intending to get TSTV...i prefer DSTV, expense and all)

3 Likes

Re: Did Dstv Eventually Increase Their Subscription Prices? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 04, 2022
Arysexy:
I refused to renew my subscription, now they are sending me message to renew and get 1 month free.

Mad monopolistic idiots

DSTV does not run a monopoly...Startimes dey (and is cheaper) as is TSTV .

4 Likes

Re: Did Dstv Eventually Increase Their Subscription Prices? by Vinnie2000(m): 3:46pm On Apr 04, 2022
Nairaland is trying so hard to demarket/demonize DSTV! So terrible from this site!
Re: Did Dstv Eventually Increase Their Subscription Prices? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 04, 2022
davies:
Yes, the new tariff increase have been implemented since 1st of April.
Tell me why We, the Youth shouldn't tear down the useless & ineffective leadership presiding over us as a nation.

Buhari and his cohort don spoil this country for us.

If you want to wreck your country's economy beyond Buhari's work.....try what you are suggesting inderectly...price controls...and the economy would crash.

Prices have been going up on DSTV before Buhari came around.

1 Like

Re: Did Dstv Eventually Increase Their Subscription Prices? by iscom(m): 3:46pm On Apr 04, 2022
tamdun:

And one good thing about start time is that 4 people can download their app and stream all the channels u sub anywhere u are
Oh! Good
Re: Did Dstv Eventually Increase Their Subscription Prices? by Benrosaria(m): 3:49pm On Apr 04, 2022
Any news as worse and entertaining as the one in our local news. Those who get dstv Na them this post consign
Re: Did Dstv Eventually Increase Their Subscription Prices? by Wealthoptulent(m): 3:53pm On Apr 04, 2022
wwwihy:
I don't know because I paid less than my normal subscription last week for the same bonquet. Maybe I have some balance with them

How do one have balance left?
Re: Did Dstv Eventually Increase Their Subscription Prices? by Naijatask: 3:53pm On Apr 04, 2022
pwettyme:
Please I genuinely want to get TSTV as soon as possible. What are the pros and cons if any?

Get it if you're not a football fan. That's the only con I can see

4 Likes

Re: Did Dstv Eventually Increase Their Subscription Prices? by damkin24(m): 3:57pm On Apr 04, 2022
Any subscriber with active subscription till 31st of March will continue with the old amount for a year.

1 Like

Re: Did Dstv Eventually Increase Their Subscription Prices? by EmmaLege: 3:57pm On Apr 04, 2022
nigeria is shit cry cry cry
Re: Did Dstv Eventually Increase Their Subscription Prices? by DaddyGngeess(m): 4:01pm On Apr 04, 2022
Brendaniel:
I think the effect will take place from everyone's next subscription, a grace of about 2-3 weeks was given after the date of announcement and if you subscribed for multiple months within the grace period you will get it at the old rates...

No grace, it was increase from 1st of this month
Re: Did Dstv Eventually Increase Their Subscription Prices? by Henrychino(m): 4:06pm On Apr 04, 2022
From #2,4460 to #,2800....the one of #3,600 now #4,150

1 Like

Re: Did Dstv Eventually Increase Their Subscription Prices? by Nonam: 4:07pm On Apr 04, 2022
pwettyme:

The only cons with TStv is that, you will keep enjoying it even though you are broke. grin

Pocket friendly.

2 Likes

Re: Did Dstv Eventually Increase Their Subscription Prices? by Beedude(m): 4:07pm On Apr 04, 2022
MathewOG:
Una still Dey battle with Dstv ?

I don port to TSTV since last month
Where did you get it?
Seems TSTV arent ready for business. If someone cant get a vendor easily, how are we sure we can pay for subscription easily cos most bank/payment app dont even have it as part of their cable sub payment

1 Like

Re: Did Dstv Eventually Increase Their Subscription Prices? by Topmaike007(m): 4:09pm On Apr 04, 2022
MathewOG:
Una still Dey battle with Dstv ?

I don port to TSTV since last month
as in bro even me too oo

3 Likes

Re: Did Dstv Eventually Increase Their Subscription Prices? by OdefaGirl(f): 4:09pm On Apr 04, 2022
damkin24:
Any subscriber with active subscription till 31st of March will continue with the old amount for a year.

It's not true. Mine expired just yesterday and on subscribing....it was on new price.

1 Like

Re: Did Dstv Eventually Increase Their Subscription Prices? by Nonam: 4:10pm On Apr 04, 2022
Beedude:

Where did you get it?
Seems TSTV arent ready for business. If someone cant get a vendor easily, how are we sure we can pay for subscription easily cos most bank/payment app dont even have it as part of their cable sub payment

Better remain with your Dstv\Gotv and stop faultinding.

TStv don't need you.

2 Likes

Re: Did Dstv Eventually Increase Their Subscription Prices? by Topmaike007(m): 4:10pm On Apr 04, 2022
Beedude:

Where did you get it?
oga if I can buy it in Ile Ife that's village I believe you can also get it and concerning subscription you can do that with there app and moreover it is free for now
Re: Did Dstv Eventually Increase Their Subscription Prices? by fmonigent(m): 4:15pm On Apr 04, 2022
RedEnergy:

Stop dis your bad belle
Una Don fit erect mast not to talk getting licence. Go for Dstv and let others go for their choice too than showing your witchcraf

1 Like

Re: Did Dstv Eventually Increase Their Subscription Prices? by Slynation(m): 4:18pm On Apr 04, 2022
RedEnergy:

Eya...see tears written all over your post!!

3 Likes

Re: Did Dstv Eventually Increase Their Subscription Prices? by Beedude(m): 4:23pm On Apr 04, 2022
Nonam:

Better remain with your Dstv\Gotv and stop faultinding.

TStv don't need you.

Tag me with a dealer in Lagos.
I just want to get it before my Dstv sub expires on 26th of this month.
Dont wish to renew.

2 Likes

Re: Did Dstv Eventually Increase Their Subscription Prices? by Beedude(m): 4:25pm On Apr 04, 2022
Topmaike007:
oga if I can buy it in Ile Ife that's village I believe you can also get it and concerning subscription you can do that with there app and moreover it is free for now
Just chill. This is the 3rd TSTV thread i will be asking for a dealer's contact in Lagos but nothing is forthcoming. Ask your dealer in Ife if he has real dealer in Lag.

1 Like

Re: Did Dstv Eventually Increase Their Subscription Prices? by kazma1010(m): 4:32pm On Apr 04, 2022
Michelle70:
Stop fire, those people increased it o.

Monopoly na free gift
yes oo monopoly market dy are doing for us dat we are doing viewing center y can't dy do pay per view

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Vee Evicted From The Big Brother House / List Of The Tv Stations Available In Nigeria / Adekunle Emerges First Head Of House Of BBNaija "All Stars"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.