Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,909 members, 7,814,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us (27674 Views)

Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) / Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice / Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Francis609: 9:41am On Apr 02, 2022
My mum have never liked my wife to the extend of wishing her death when she lost our first baby and I had disowned her for saying that. So far we haven't had any contact since the incident and we are finally proud parents of twins boy and girl born in February. My stepmother have been here for us since day 1 she is in my house taking care of my wife and babies , my mum called saying that she want to come over and take care of my wife and kids and will be spending a month . I lied to her that my wife is with her sister and will let her know when she is back to the house so she can come over. To be Frank I don't want her near my wife because she doesn't likes her and I don't think she have any good plan for us. Did I do the right thing for lying to her my wife is not around or should I give her the chance to come over and see if she have truly change?

Please If you want to understand the full story go through my old threads

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Romanoff(f): 9:42am On Apr 02, 2022
Keep that woman far from you before she harms your wife and kids.

296 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Zonefree(m): 9:43am On Apr 02, 2022
Your mum not liking your wife is no big deal, women no dey ever like themselves.

The only problem here is wishing your wife dead. For me, I'll stay far away from such person.

290 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Francis609: 9:44am On Apr 02, 2022
Romanoff:

Thank you

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Bluntguy: 9:46am On Apr 02, 2022
Romanoff:
This is also my take.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Cutehector(m): 9:47am On Apr 02, 2022
Please dont invite problem. Let us learn to love people from afar.

212 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Solvelink: 9:47am On Apr 02, 2022
You choosed the right path.
Wait! You got a stepmum?

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Francis609: 9:47am On Apr 02, 2022
Bluntguy:

This is also my take.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Francis609: 9:48am On Apr 02, 2022
Cutehector:
Please dont invite problem. Let us learn to love people from afar.

Thank you

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Bluntguy: 9:48am On Apr 02, 2022
Follow your instincts,man. Even, tell her your wife will remain there and will not be coming back anytime soon.

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Francis609: 9:48am On Apr 02, 2022
Solvelink:
You choosed the right path.

Wait! You got a stepmum?

Thank you. Yes I have a stepmum

10 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Solvelink: 9:50am On Apr 02, 2022
Francis609:

Thank you. Yes I have a stepmum
wooh... and she is doing things better than your mum so pathetic.

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Francis609: 9:53am On Apr 02, 2022
Bluntguy:
Follow your instincts,man. Even, tell her your wife will remain there and will not be coming back anytime soon.

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Francis609: 9:55am On Apr 02, 2022
Solvelink:
wooh... and she is doing things better than your mum so pathetic.

Yes she is one in a million I appreciate her for everything she is doing for us.

97 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by kozmokaz(m): 9:57am On Apr 02, 2022
Best you guys can do is pay her a one day visit

But her coming to your house is a NO NO pls be wise

137 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Nobody: 10:05am On Apr 02, 2022

105 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Romanoff(f): 10:11am On Apr 02, 2022
kozmokaz:
Best you guys can do is pay her a one day visit

But her coming to your house is a NO NO pls be wise

Even that one day visit, I won't advise.

A woman who hates you enough to wish you dead can go to any length to achieve that purpose.

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by gaby(m): 10:15am On Apr 02, 2022
Hmmm...

A very complicated issue...

My advice for you would be to keep loving and respecting your mum for being your mum until she proves otherwise. Then, you won't be wrong to reciprocate her gesture.

Having read her opinion, dislike, and death wish for your wife even though you didn't tell much about what or how your wife feels about or sees her that could have led to this bad blood between them, it is better to keep them both away from each other.

Stick wey person see no dey blind am.

I wish you all the wisdom to handle and navigate through this...

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by pretydiva(f): 10:48am On Apr 02, 2022
Simply tell her the truth that your step mom is around for the omugu and that her coming is not needed

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Justkatty(f): 10:53am On Apr 02, 2022
Step mom now better than biological mom �that's rare, and may God bless her soul.

I don't think it's necessary for her to come, if she had actually died, she would have gladly brought the one she actually wanted for a daughter in-law.

Mister your mom doesn't wish you people well, keep assisting her from afar, you can aswell visit her but without your wife and kids.
Phone calls is enough.

60 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Nemesis0147(m): 10:59am On Apr 02, 2022
You guys should pay her a one day visit instead

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Beremx(f): 11:35am On Apr 02, 2022
You don’t need to lie about the whereabouts of your wife and kids. Just tell her plainly that her co-wife is doing omugwo so that she will be pained.

What a mother!!

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by finishmatter: 12:09pm On Apr 02, 2022
Nemesis0147:
You guys should pay her a one day visit instead

Agree
Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Foodqueen(f): 12:26pm On Apr 02, 2022
Lie to her if you must. But don't allow her in your home.

If she comes, she will end up destroying the relationship u have with your wife. Finding fault in everything she does.

Modified...

I av read your other thread, meeennnn...your life is like a movie.

But am curious, did your mom attend your wedding

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by phemmyfour: 12:37pm On Apr 02, 2022
Francis609:
My mum have never liked my wife to the extend of wishing her death when she lost our first baby and I had disowned her for saying that. So far we haven't had any contact since the incident and we are finally proud parents of twins boy and girl born in February. My stepmother have been here for us since day 1 she is in my house taking care of my wife and babies , my mum called saying that she want to come over and take care of my wife and kids and will be spending a month . I lied to her that my wife is with her sister and will let her know when she is back to the house so she can come over. To be Frank I don't want her near my wife because she doesn't likes her and I don't think she have any good plan for us. Did I do the right thing for lying to her my wife is not around or should I give her the chance to come over and see if she have truly change?

No, you do the visiting and save yourself from settling future unnecessary cat n mouse fight

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 02, 2022

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Kobojunkiee: 1:03pm On Apr 02, 2022
Romanoff:
Op, this and tell your mother the truth. She deserves to know what she has done wrong and why she can't be anywhere near your wife and your kids for that matter. undecided

Stop being a coward about it! undecided

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Francis609: 1:39pm On Apr 02, 2022
Foodqueen:
Lie to her if you must. But don't allow her in your home.

If she comes, she will end up destroying the relationship u have with your wife. Finding fault in everything she does.

Modified...

I av read your other thread, meeennnn...your life is like a movie.

But am curious, did your mom attend your wedding

Thank you. She and my siblings didn't attend to my wedding but her elder sister came and she has stopped talking to her.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by HeyHey(f): 2:32pm On Apr 02, 2022
I have gone through your trends.

One of an openly hateful in-law, there was a Facebook story some years ago about a MIL who came for omugwo, and I believe , despised the wife. Anything the wife tells her , she will abuse her. One night, after immunization the MIL wanted to bath the baby though I the Dr/ hospital said the child should be cleaned with towel not bathed that day. The MIL again refused and in the process of bath the child, she dropped the baby and the baby died.

Moral of the story, any person in adverse to a nursing mother should not be in the same living space with her. BP Dey rise, stress affect milk production/lactation and if anything do your wife, you fit raise the twins on your own?.
This is not matter of she is your mother or not, even in the Bible no be mother na roll press her pikin die?, and asked king Solomon to cut another person own into two.

Person when no like your wife, you feel say she like your children?, especially if any of them looks like your wife. You are even lucky to have a Step Mum that cares. You need to do better in protecting your home o, in your other thread, you abandoned your wife with her at nights, instead of allowing her to stay with her friends you Dey say “I pity her”. It’s true that women don’t like themselves but isn’t your wife and step Mum getting along?.

Only few people will despise a person and stop at that, many will actualize their hate either on the person ( your wife) or their loved ones

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by GboyegaD(m): 2:36pm On Apr 02, 2022
You don't have to lie. Just tell her that she can't visit at this time as you already have sorted that part.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by kozmokaz(m): 2:37pm On Apr 02, 2022
Romanoff:

Even that one day visit, I won't advise.

A woman who hates you enough to wish you dead can go to any length to achieve that purpose.

Lol just visit cause she is still his mom

But I do advise the take precautionary measures also they should be weary of what they eat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Allow My Mum To Visit Us by Truvelisback(m): 2:50pm On Apr 02, 2022
Francis609:

U know ur mum better than we do.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"You’re My Father" -Student; "No, I’m Not, Please" – Ex -lawmaker / What Were The Funny Views You Had As A Kid? / Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.