Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,997 members, 7,852,389 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:21 PM

How I Successfully Revived Nigeria's Economy As CBN Governor -Emefiele - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Successfully Revived Nigeria's Economy As CBN Governor -Emefiele (1170 Views)

Shettima Should Handle Security, Tinubu Economy As Promised - Obi / President Buhari Meets With CBN Governor, Emefiele (Photos) / CBN Governor, Emefiele Risks Prison Over $53m Garnishee Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Successfully Revived Nigeria's Economy As CBN Governor -Emefiele by hisexcellency34: 3:20pm On Apr 03, 2022
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has said that its various interventions in various sectors are responsible for the revival of the nation’s economy.

CBN governor, Godwin Emefiele disclosed this at the weekend at the ‘CBN Day’ in Enugu during the ongoing Enugu International Trade Fair in Enugu.

Emefiele, who was represented at the fair by the director, corporate communications department, CBN, Mr. Osita Nwanisobi, noted that the apex bank in its continuous efforts to revive the economy and create access to credit, had extended the interest rate of 5% across all its intervention loans to March 2023.

He added that the bank’s 100 for 100 Policy on Production and Productivity (PPP) is gradually reversing the nation’s over-reliance on imports.

According to him, the broad objective of the 100 for 100 Policy on Production and Productivity (PPP) is to boost production and productivity, necessary to transform and jumpstart the productive base of the Nigerian economy.

“It is also expected that the initiative will reverse the nation’s over-reliance on imports by creating an ecosystem that targets and supports the right companies and projects with potential to immediately transform Nigeria’s productive base every 100 days”, the governor said.

He also disclosed that the bank had disbursed N948 billion to 4,478, 381 smallholder farmers under the Anchor Borrowers’ Programme (ABP) across the country.

ABP is an agricultural loan scheme launched in 2015 by the Federal Government through the CBN to boost agricultural yields, halt large volumes of food importation and address negative trade balance.

The governor said the smallholder farmers who benefited from the scheme cultivated 5.2 million hectares of farmland across the country, thereby, creating over 12.5 million direct and indirect jobs.

Under the CBN targeted Credit Facility designed to cushion the effect of the Coronavirus pandemic, Emefiele said that the apex bank had disbursed N368.79 billion to 778, 000 beneficiaries.
https://thenationonlineng.net/emefiele-how-cbn-is-reviving-economy/

1 Like

Re: How I Successfully Revived Nigeria's Economy As CBN Governor -Emefiele by Xscape1993(m): 3:20pm On Apr 03, 2022
You did what? I laugh ooo. I can see the evil spirit of the evil party in your body system sir.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Successfully Revived Nigeria's Economy As CBN Governor -Emefiele by SmartProf(m): 3:21pm On Apr 03, 2022
Xscape1993:
You did what?
Maybe the man felt like sharing some April fool pranks...It's better for Nigerians to warn him to stop 'reviving' the economy before he dumps it in the red Sea. He is like a mechanic who after damaging a car engine, brags to the car owner on how he has serviced the car expertly.

6 Likes

Re: How I Successfully Revived Nigeria's Economy As CBN Governor -Emefiele by inoki247: 3:22pm On Apr 03, 2022
lol yea infact na strong revival....

No church for Nigeria du revival reach u sef u dey revive anything revive Dollar to gt high, revive the economy to turn into iron Condemn.....
Re: How I Successfully Revived Nigeria's Economy As CBN Governor -Emefiele by richeeyo(m): 3:22pm On Apr 03, 2022
The Nigeria in his dreams

1 Like

Re: How I Successfully Revived Nigeria's Economy As CBN Governor -Emefiele by MadamVanessa(f): 3:24pm On Apr 03, 2022
shocked

Imagine a failure unapologetically praising himself.

Worst CBN governor in history

2 Likes

Re: How I Successfully Revived Nigeria's Economy As CBN Governor -Emefiele by vibre: 3:27pm On Apr 03, 2022
Which economy is he talking about??
Re: How I Successfully Revived Nigeria's Economy As CBN Governor -Emefiele by mustmust(m): 3:27pm On Apr 03, 2022
Look at this clown �

That is how u want to become Nigeria president
Re: How I Successfully Revived Nigeria's Economy As CBN Governor -Emefiele by Kilotat: 3:28pm On Apr 03, 2022
Which Nigeria are this people living in?
Re: How I Successfully Revived Nigeria's Economy As CBN Governor -Emefiele by bennybuhari: 3:29pm On Apr 03, 2022
Must you lie because you want to contest?
Re: How I Successfully Revived Nigeria's Economy As CBN Governor -Emefiele by Otuegbe: 3:29pm On Apr 03, 2022
Joker.
This man and Buhari, I don't know is number one in FAILURE
Re: How I Successfully Revived Nigeria's Economy As CBN Governor -Emefiele by vibre: 3:30pm On Apr 03, 2022
Oh I just remembered he's also running for president grin grin

Nigeria na cruise aswear grin
Re: How I Successfully Revived Nigeria's Economy As CBN Governor -Emefiele by bigtt76(f): 3:31pm On Apr 03, 2022
Which economy? Werey angry
Re: How I Successfully Revived Nigeria's Economy As CBN Governor -Emefiele by Otuegbe: 3:32pm On Apr 03, 2022
Of course, we saw your rice pyramid .

Some people no get shame
Re: How I Successfully Revived Nigeria's Economy As CBN Governor -Emefiele by Mariangeles(f): 3:32pm On Apr 03, 2022
Emefiele is delusional.
Re: How I Successfully Revived Nigeria's Economy As CBN Governor -Emefiele by Dialpad: 3:33pm On Apr 03, 2022
Is this man joking, under your watch, dollar went from about 200 to nearly 600.

Most leaders have no shame
Re: How I Successfully Revived Nigeria's Economy As CBN Governor -Emefiele by garriAndsugar: 3:35pm On Apr 03, 2022
His head is not correct
Re: How I Successfully Revived Nigeria's Economy As CBN Governor -Emefiele by vibre: 3:39pm On Apr 03, 2022
hisexcellency34:
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has said that its various interventions in various sectors are responsible for the revival of the nation’s economy.

CBN governor, Godwin Emefiele disclosed this at the weekend at the ‘CBN Day’ in Enugu during the ongoing Enugu International Trade Fair in Enugu.

Emefiele, who was represented at the fair by the director, corporate communications department, CBN, Mr. Osita Nwanisobi, noted that the apex bank in its continuous efforts to revive the economy and create access to credit, had extended the interest rate of 5% across all its intervention loans to March 2023.

He added that the bank’s 100 for 100 Policy on Production and Productivity (PPP) is gradually reversing the nation’s over-reliance on imports.

According to him, the broad objective of the 100 for 100 Policy on Production and Productivity (PPP) is to boost production and productivity, necessary to transform and jumpstart the productive base of the Nigerian economy.

“It is also expected that the initiative will reverse the nation’s over-reliance on imports by creating an ecosystem that targets and supports the right companies and projects with potential to immediately transform Nigeria’s productive base every 100 days”, the governor said.

He also disclosed that the bank had disbursed N948 billion to 4,478, 381 smallholder farmers under the Anchor Borrowers’ Programme (ABP) across the country.

ABP is an agricultural loan scheme launched in 2015 by the Federal Government through the CBN to boost agricultural yields, halt large volumes of food importation and address negative trade balance.

The governor said the smallholder farmers who benefited from the scheme cultivated 5.2 million hectares of farmland across the country, thereby, creating over 12.5 million direct and indirect jobs.

Under the CBN targeted Credit Facility designed to cushion the effect of the Coronavirus pandemic, Emefiele said that the apex bank had disbursed N368.79 billion to 778, 000 beneficiaries.
https://thenationonlineng.net/emefiele-how-cbn-is-reviving-economy/

Lalasticlala Mynd44
Re: How I Successfully Revived Nigeria's Economy As CBN Governor -Emefiele by derecho(m): 3:50pm On Apr 03, 2022
This one go reach front-page o
Re: How I Successfully Revived Nigeria's Economy As CBN Governor -Emefiele by freemanq(m): 3:51pm On Apr 03, 2022
Plz which economy did u revive? I guesz is benin republic not Nigeria
Re: How I Successfully Revived Nigeria's Economy As CBN Governor -Emefiele by Gadenseet: 3:51pm On Apr 03, 2022
That's how we didn't hear anything about E-Naira again
Re: How I Successfully Revived Nigeria's Economy As CBN Governor -Emefiele by Bozamcock: 3:52pm On Apr 03, 2022
Greatest catastrophic combination

Buhari + Emefiele
Re: How I Successfully Revived Nigeria's Economy As CBN Governor -Emefiele by obojememe: 3:53pm On Apr 03, 2022
nonsense talk
Re: How I Successfully Revived Nigeria's Economy As CBN Governor -Emefiele by bennybuhari: 3:59pm On Apr 03, 2022
and my anger is that Buhari left him in that position
Dialpad:
Is this man joking, under your watch, dollar went from about 200 to nearly 600.

Most leaders have no shame
Re: How I Successfully Revived Nigeria's Economy As CBN Governor -Emefiele by incandescentena: 4:04pm On Apr 03, 2022
sad
Re: How I Successfully Revived Nigeria's Economy As CBN Governor -Emefiele by adebwalex(m): 4:06pm On Apr 03, 2022
Oga you did not revive but you brought hardship to Nigeria, you will never smell that president seat...
Re: How I Successfully Revived Nigeria's Economy As CBN Governor -Emefiele by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 4:07pm On Apr 03, 2022
Lori iro... cool
Re: How I Successfully Revived Nigeria's Economy As CBN Governor -Emefiele by Bobloco: 4:11pm On Apr 03, 2022
grin

Which Nigerian economy!

Emefiele is now talking like a typical Nigerian politician.
He has since abandoned his job as the CBN governor to now become a presidential aspirant reason why his presidential campaign posters are seen everywhere
Re: How I Successfully Revived Nigeria's Economy As CBN Governor -Emefiele by Dialpad: 4:16pm On Apr 03, 2022
If all churches, mosques, companies can mandate members and employees to get their PVCs, trust me, even Buhari cannot determine the next president of Nigeria.

How can we be recycling these same old guys to rule us.
Re: How I Successfully Revived Nigeria's Economy As CBN Governor -Emefiele by Agbegbaorogboye: 4:19pm On Apr 03, 2022
Eeeehn?!! undecided
Re: How I Successfully Revived Nigeria's Economy As CBN Governor -Emefiele by Racoon(m): 4:20pm On Apr 03, 2022
This man must be mad for taking the citizens for granted. Guess it is not the bleeped up economy of the past 7 years? the failure self glorifying in his idiocy. Buhari is to be blame for rubbing off his spirit of failure on all his appointees.

He really contaminated all of them.What a disaster waiting except these idiots are schemed out of our national life.
Re: How I Successfully Revived Nigeria's Economy As CBN Governor -Emefiele by duro4chang(m): 4:23pm On Apr 03, 2022
Xscape1993:
You did what? I laugh ooo. I can see the evil spirit of the evil party in your body system sir.
No mind him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sit At Home Continues in Anambra Despite Soludo Pleas / SHOCKING: Rotimi Amaechi Behind Kperogi's Attacks On Osinbajo / PHOTOS: See The Moment President Buhari, Osinbajo, Senate Attends NEC Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.