Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

Roman Abramovich Begs His Friends To Lend Him $1M To Pay Staff - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Roman Abramovich Begs His Friends To Lend Him $1M To Pay Staff (59885 Views)

Roman Abramovich Suffered Suspected Poisoning At Russia-Ukraine Peace Talk / Zelensky Urges Biden Not To Sanction Russian Oligarch, Roman Abramovich / Roman Abramovich: New Evidence Highlights Corrupt Deals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Roman Abramovich Begs His Friends To Lend Him $1M To Pay Staff by lalasticlala(m): 9:57pm On Apr 05, 2022
Russian oligarch Roman Abramovich has been begging his Hollywood and US power broker friends to each lend him $1 million to keep him afloat as his assets are frozen by worldwide authorities.

Page Six has exclusively learned that the Chelsea Football Club owner, whose bank accounts are frozen in the US and the UK, is desperately asking for loans from his prominent and powerful friends to maintain his whispered $750,000-a-week staff payroll — which includes the minions keeping his multiple luxury superyachts afloat.

But while Abramovich — who has hosted a series of starry celebrity parties on his boats and at his sprawling St. Bart’s estate — has many close friends in Hollywood, Wall Street and the tech world, we are told his associates are wary about lending him money, even as he takes part in the peace talks between Russia and Ukraine.

A source told Page Six, “Roman is asking some of his closest powerful friends to let him borrow $1 million.

“He is saying he has never missed payroll for his staff, which is $750,000 a week, and with his assets frozen, he can’t pay his people.

“He has reached out to Hollywood producer and director Brett Ratner and the Rothschild family, among many others, for money, but — while they are good friends with Roman — they have not agreed to give him money, because either they do not have that in liquid cash, or moreover it is not clear what are the repercussions under international law.”

Ratner declined to comment and the Rothschilds could not be reached. Neither have given money to Abramovich.

The United Kingdom and the European Union sanctioned Abramovich — who has a net worth of $14.3 billion, according to Bloomberg — in early March following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

Abramovich then had his assets frozen by US hedge funds. The sanctions also prevented Abramovich from profiting from the $3 billion sale of his Chelsea Football Club.

Meanwhile, Abramovich is still doing what can to keep his assets afloat, by including himself in peace talks to bring an end to Russian President Vladimir Putin’s invasion of the Ukraine. He was invited to the peace talks by the Ukrainians, who believe he has a direct line to Putin — which he denies.

Abramovich, 55, reportedly made his fortune in the privatization rush after the collapse of the Soviet Union and was the owner of Millhouse Capital, an investment firm with stakes in nickel mining and steelmakers.

https://pagesix.com/2022/04/04/oligarch-roman-abramovich-begs-powerful-pals-for-1-million/

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Roman Abramovich Begs His Friends To Lend Him $1M To Pay Staff by Beseech: 9:58pm On Apr 05, 2022
In as much as it's pitiable, he should beg putin to put an end to the war

149 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Roman Abramovich Begs His Friends To Lend Him $1M To Pay Staff by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 05, 2022
Beseech:
He should beg putin

You say? grin

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Roman Abramovich Begs His Friends To Lend Him $1M To Pay Staff by Lamasta(m): 9:59pm On Apr 05, 2022
Fear sanction grin

I feel for this Oligarch right now as British and America don show am shege

167 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Roman Abramovich Begs His Friends To Lend Him $1M To Pay Staff by WibusJaga: 10:00pm On Apr 05, 2022
A whole Abramovich. From Multi-Billionaire to Multi-Beggernaire.
It shall not be well with madman Putin. angry

227 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Roman Abramovich Begs His Friends To Lend Him $1M To Pay Staff by Patson080(m): 10:00pm On Apr 05, 2022
Which kind fake news be this?

231 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Roman Abramovich Begs His Friends To Lend Him $1M To Pay Staff by sapientia(m): 10:00pm On Apr 05, 2022
No way these guys will be happy with that maniac for starting an avoidable war

It is his war and now they are bearing the blunt

I advise him to go back to Moscow and enjoy with Putin just that the maniac might kill him

He is a collateral damage of Putin's war

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roman Abramovich Begs His Friends To Lend Him $1M To Pay Staff by Sonnobax15(m): 10:00pm On Apr 05, 2022
grin
Mere propaganda from old trafford newspaper stands,effurun market branch grin

Any ways,up the blues for life abeg........ Blue blood till I die cool

112 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Roman Abramovich Begs His Friends To Lend Him $1M To Pay Staff by deeway200(m): 10:00pm On Apr 05, 2022
I swear na lie

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Roman Abramovich Begs His Friends To Lend Him $1M To Pay Staff by Iseoluwani: 10:01pm On Apr 05, 2022
So unfair

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roman Abramovich Begs His Friends To Lend Him $1M To Pay Staff by pargelenis(m): 10:01pm On Apr 05, 2022
Chai … our legendary Chelsea owner.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Roman Abramovich Begs His Friends To Lend Him $1M To Pay Staff by coded01: 10:01pm On Apr 05, 2022
Fake News... angry angry grin grin

Who moved this garbage to the frontpage

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Roman Abramovich Begs His Friends To Lend Him $1M To Pay Staff by MoodysMood: 10:01pm On Apr 05, 2022
Those that believe this news are in the same whatsapp group with those that believe that nigeria will ever be fixed.

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Roman Abramovich Begs His Friends To Lend Him $1M To Pay Staff by Golan007: 10:01pm On Apr 05, 2022
grin

Re: Roman Abramovich Begs His Friends To Lend Him $1M To Pay Staff by Kuriosmynd: 10:01pm On Apr 05, 2022
This life ehn..how it changes.
I pray Abramovitch get over this sooneest

6 Likes

Re: Roman Abramovich Begs His Friends To Lend Him $1M To Pay Staff by shaneroberts26: 10:01pm On Apr 05, 2022
Of what need is this war if Putin ends up giving huge amount of money to Ukraine to rebuild the country? I ask this because that is what he is going to do.Qoute me later.

6 Likes

Re: Roman Abramovich Begs His Friends To Lend Him $1M To Pay Staff by posty56: 10:02pm On Apr 05, 2022
omo you see life manchi has like 2 yacht worth over a billion dollar yet today he is struggling to pay staff ,and he so called rich friends are not helping him out despite the fact that money is pennies in their eyes.

moral lesson:-. nobody really gat your back ,and always have an emergency plan! most of this elites get so comfortable thinking they can't lose their wealth so they leave for today,elon musk should take note this one that he is stepping on many government officials toes

6 Likes

Re: Roman Abramovich Begs His Friends To Lend Him $1M To Pay Staff by INTEGRITYA1(m): 10:02pm On Apr 05, 2022
What a trying times for Abramovich & Co.
Putin really put his people in serious problems.
To every problems there are expiration date.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roman Abramovich Begs His Friends To Lend Him $1M To Pay Staff by KingAzubuike(f): 10:02pm On Apr 05, 2022
Patson080:
Which kind fake news be this?
As I saw the source of the news self I just laughed.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Roman Abramovich Begs His Friends To Lend Him $1M To Pay Staff by SIMONEKPA7: 10:02pm On Apr 05, 2022
smiley
Tip of the ice bag of what is coming for other Russians oligarchs.
Well I feel for Abrahamovich sha

5 Likes

Re: Roman Abramovich Begs His Friends To Lend Him $1M To Pay Staff by AmuEbule: 10:02pm On Apr 05, 2022
When are they going to start freezing the ill gotten wealth and assets of useless Nigerian leaders? I have added it in my prayers. undecided

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Roman Abramovich Begs His Friends To Lend Him $1M To Pay Staff by MrBroke(m): 10:02pm On Apr 05, 2022
Fake News. grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Roman Abramovich Begs His Friends To Lend Him $1M To Pay Staff by ademasta(m): 10:02pm On Apr 05, 2022
Deep
Re: Roman Abramovich Begs His Friends To Lend Him $1M To Pay Staff by bukxy: 10:02pm On Apr 05, 2022
Re: Roman Abramovich Begs His Friends To Lend Him $1M To Pay Staff by Jackson105: 10:02pm On Apr 05, 2022
They don do my guy bad thing.

Don't worry you will Triumph.

222 Likes

Re: Roman Abramovich Begs His Friends To Lend Him $1M To Pay Staff by Terrier99: 10:02pm On Apr 05, 2022
Russian billionaire don join urgent 2k gang. Walahi, America no good. grin
Where are those fools who were saying the sanction doesn't have effects. Let Abrahamovich pay salaries with bitcoin, gold or Rubles na.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roman Abramovich Begs His Friends To Lend Him $1M To Pay Staff by Terrier99: 10:02pm On Apr 05, 2022
MrBroke:
Fake News. grin

Even if they are contributing 1k per person, you can't afford to contribute for next 30 years.

4 Likes

Re: Roman Abramovich Begs His Friends To Lend Him $1M To Pay Staff by JosephXavier: 10:02pm On Apr 05, 2022
Abramovich should have sold Chelsea long ago since he has been targeted by UK government

So Chelsea players will be playing for charity for the rest of the season
Re: Roman Abramovich Begs His Friends To Lend Him $1M To Pay Staff by yanabasee(m): 10:02pm On Apr 05, 2022
He should go ask Putin ....

1 Like

Re: Roman Abramovich Begs His Friends To Lend Him $1M To Pay Staff by ImoleNaija: 10:02pm On Apr 05, 2022
E choke cry

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

President Macron's Black T-shirt Sparks 'Masonic Satanist' Conspiracy Theories / Hijacked South African Minister Chikunga Is The Star Of This Big Bum Meme / Six Things Women In Saudi Arabia Cannot Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.