Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,908 members, 7,814,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay (26452 Views)

FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy / Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu / No Work, No Pay Principle Now Applies During Strike - FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by ArewaNorth: 1:08pm On Apr 06, 2022
The Federal Government has restated its threat not to pay any of its employees on strike or absent from duty post without due authorisation.

This followed the commencement of a two-week warning strike by the Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU) and the Non-Academic Staff Union of Educational and Associated Institutions (NASU) today.

With the warning strike by SSANU and NASU, activities in the nation’s public universities have been fully grounded. The Academic Staff Union of Universities and National Association of Academic Technologists (NAAT) are already on strike over Federal Government’s failure to implement agreements with them..

Minister of Labour and Employment, Sen Chris Ngige, told The Nation last night the government had decided to apply the “No-work, No Pay” policy in compliance with Section 43 of the Labour Law.

Ngige said that the actions of the unions amounted to “false leave” and a declaration of forced holidays for students. He reminded the members that the government was not “Father Xmas.”

His words: “Anybody on strike now will not be paid in consonance with Section 43.

“What they (unions) are doing is false leave; they are forcing their employers to close down some of their universities and declare holiday for students because of that.

“So if you do that, you will not be paid. Government is not Father Christmas where you are not working and you will be paid.”

SSANU and NASU had in a joint statement yesterday announced the commencement of the warning strike, saying “no concession should be given in any guise.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/fed-govt-invokes-no-work-no-pay-as-unions-ground-varsities/

This news is reported on 28th March, 2022. It has been reported that no University Lecturer under IPPIS has been paid at the time of this report and it is likely that they won't be paid.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by nyiamfrank: 1:10pm On Apr 06, 2022
And is the failure of government we are taking about.

They want to completely kill the educational sector, so that youths will not graduate quickly and come and start asking them for jobs.

Funny people!
Photo!
No be JuJu be that?

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by qekng40(f): 1:11pm On Apr 06, 2022
APC , Buhari and his cohorts are dumb.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by PrinceOfLagos: 1:11pm On Apr 06, 2022
Story for the gods

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by Nobody: 1:11pm On Apr 06, 2022
who is federal government? Ogun kiii him

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by Totilopussylick(m): 1:11pm On Apr 06, 2022
His words: “Anybody on strike now will not be paid in consonance with Section 43.

“What they (unions) are doing is false leave; they are forcing their employers to close down some of their universities and declare holiday for students because of that.

“So if you do that, you will not be paid. Government is not Father Christmas where you are not working and you will be paid.”

This guy's kept on playing hide and seek with Nigeria education

And crime is taken over everything including humans lives sad

And Buhari kept on visiting London for short rest

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by LeoDeKing: 1:15pm On Apr 06, 2022
I still don't understand why the no work no pay policy is optional. I think it should be automatic, regardless of whether the strike is justified or not.

Why will sectors of the economy be left at the whims and caprices of some people?

I think the regulation should be such that if there is a strike, all parties involved must lose something, and that is why efforts will be made to avert it making it the last option.

A situation where workers are free to just go on strike and all their salaries paid at the end of the day is a very wrong practice because they have nothing to lose.

Infact, they even enjoy more benefits because they don't go to work and might have used the opportunity for some side hustle. angry

117 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by LibertyRep: 1:17pm On Apr 06, 2022
As if they can implement it. Why would anyone be paid for a job not done?

Do you even the National Library staff are also on strike?

13 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by Rastaramsey(m): 1:23pm On Apr 06, 2022
Damnnn
Buhari has finished this country...

I was a little skeptical about this man in 2014, but some niggarrs kept shouting he is a major general lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
This, that
He would change this country grin grin grin
TVC no allow us hear word that year

Any small thing, APC- change
APC literally changed this country Sha

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by Nobody: 1:25pm On Apr 06, 2022
They will come out to deny it as usual.

but who is federal government? Is it bubu or mr.liar, or the very useless ngige?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by Truthisunique2: 1:31pm On Apr 06, 2022
Tinubu newspaper demarketing buhari as usual as revenge for pains

After he said 60 died in train attack

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by Kilotat: 1:34pm On Apr 06, 2022
LeoDeKing:
I think the regulation should be such that if there is a strike, all parties involved must lose something, and that is why efforts will be made to avert it making it the last option.

A situation where workers are free to just go on strike and all their salaries paid at the end of the day is a very wrong practice because they have nothing to lose.
. angry
Read the Section in Nigerian Constitution that talks about Strike. You can't just be talking nonsense here. Na your type vote buhari to power

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by LeoDeKing: 1:47pm On Apr 06, 2022
[s]
Kilotat:

Read Section of the Nigerian Constitution that talks about Strike. You can't just be talking nonsense here. Na your type vote buhari to power
[/s]
Mr constitution that talks "sense", read through what you quoted again, this time slowly.
I think the regulation should be such that...
Above is part of the first sentence of the part you quoted. What does that tell you? I'm aware there is a regulation guiding strikes in Nigeria. So having seen that, why are you still referring me to constitution? Did I tell you strike has no rules? The first 2 words "I think", should also suggest to you is a personal opinion.

And it is based on the arbitrariness of these greedy good for nothing lecturers busy teaching nonsense and demanding for impossible that I made the entire comment in the paragraph.

So because I voted Buhari, useless lecturers should start misbehaving? What do they teach other than giving handouts and repeating same nonsense every semester/session in addition to chasing young female students on campuses?

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by slawormiir: 2:05pm On Apr 06, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Hahha...

This government na scam

But ssnau and nasu work till this march ending now before them proceed on warning strike

So government supposed pay them march salary

I know this news is not true...fg can not implement no work no pay for march..because them don already work till march ending because the commencement of strike

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by sotall(m): 2:05pm On Apr 06, 2022
undecided
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by Brandonx(m): 2:06pm On Apr 06, 2022
I’m in full support undecided Next time before going on strike they’ll have to think twice.

I’ve said it before shut down all public tertiary institutions. What’s the essence of producing graduates that cannot defend their results undecided

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by youngscholar(m): 2:06pm On Apr 06, 2022
Smiles.

Don't forget to check our signature. We build the best....
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by seunlayi(m): 2:06pm On Apr 06, 2022
This is not a solution
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by Maynman: 2:06pm On Apr 06, 2022
LeoDeKing:
[s][/s]
Mr constitution that talks "sense", read through what you quoted again, this time slowly.

Above is part of the first sentence of the part you quoted. What does that tell you? I'm aware there is a regulation guiding strikes in Nigeria. So having seen that, why are you still referring me to constitution? Did I tell you strike has no rules? The first 2 words "I think", should also suggest to you is a personal opinion.

And it is based on the arbitrariness of these greedy good for nothing lecturers busy teaching nonsense and demanding for impossible that I made the entire comment in the paragraph.

So because I voted Buhari, useless lecturers should start misbehaving? What do they teach other than giving handouts and repeating same nonsense every semester/session in addition to chasing young female students on campuses?

And what do our senators and house of reps do apart from sleeping on duty and giving money to actress and High budget prostitute?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by nairalee(m): 2:06pm On Apr 06, 2022
Ds
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by Lumig: 2:06pm On Apr 06, 2022
cheesy
Good

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by HigherEd: 2:06pm On Apr 06, 2022
Good one.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by LibertyRep: 2:06pm On Apr 06, 2022
Anyone who hasn't worked should morally not be expecting to be paid

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by MrBachelor: 2:07pm On Apr 06, 2022
Wahala
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by Bamzyriches451: 2:07pm On Apr 06, 2022
Lol
Everybody don turn James bond
Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by Amerengues2: 2:07pm On Apr 06, 2022
It is well

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: FG Imposed No Work, No Pay by konezy1(m): 2:07pm On Apr 06, 2022
Asu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kassim Afegbua Defects To PDP With Supporters In Edo / Idris Salako Resigns As Lagos Commissioner For Physical Planning / Atiku, Okowa Visit Yar’Adua’s Mother In Katsina (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.