Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,425 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever (63128 Views)

Breaking: Tope Awotona officially recognized as a billionaire on Forbes / Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US / Forbes: Tope Awotona First Nigerian American Billionaire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by sniperr007(m): 10:03pm On Apr 06, 2022
MrMaestro:
Wonderful development. When people say Yorubas aren’t in a class of their own when it comes to business, continue to show them people like this guy. There are even more other tribes from Nigeria in America, yet a Yoruba is the wealthiest Nigerian immigrant. Soon he will pass every other black american. Only entertainers and Robert Smith are ahead of him. If this company goes public he might pass Dangote. Thank God almighty that the Yorubas are blessed.

When it's success, we identify by tribe.

When it's failure, we identify by tribe

Why can we identify as a nation for both good and bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Terrier99: 10:04pm On Apr 06, 2022
obynzo:

You don't have sense walahi where is the attachee for God's sake. Igbos have been running things in the US for a long time.

Running from things, not running things. No Igbo person is as wealthy as that guy. At least, no Igbo person has ever been assessed by Forbes to be worth 1 billion dollars.
Bleep off, useless gumbody.

10 Likes

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by trutharena: 10:05pm On Apr 06, 2022
Igbofam:

Within another half a year he would be richer than Kanye West whose net worth is $1.8b now

You are correct. He’s currently rated $1.4bn now by Forbes so in some few years like you said he will overtake Kanye.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by tarantino1: 10:06pm On Apr 06, 2022
Reading the article alone, I knew how the comments would be like and I was not proven wrong. Nlders can never disappoint.

1 Like

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by joetem(m): 10:06pm On Apr 06, 2022
Truely Yorubas are blessed it ICT, it seems to come natural with them, their problem is the mining
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Contekbbc: 10:06pm On Apr 06, 2022
Christistruth00:

The way to be good at Business is to Truly care for your Customers and Staff

Any Business that cares more about money than Peoples needs and their Welfare will not have the

Goodwill, Wisdom , Power or Grace to last beyond one Generation

God bless you.
1000likes

3 Likes

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Lookingoutforyo: 10:07pm On Apr 06, 2022
Razgas:
Every true Igbo man respects yoruba Christians. But you see yoro moslems miscreants? Menace to society. If they are not supporting aboki, they are supporting Chicago druggie
i be yoruba both Muslim and christian but dis ur comment just dey make me laff since

2 Likes

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by LastProphet: 10:08pm On Apr 06, 2022
SilentQueen:
I love men like this, who has vision not those that go abroad to spoil the country's name and end up populating their prisons over there!

Truly Yoruba is the master when it comes to business but they don't chest beat about it!
God bless Nigeria! grin

If you know how rich some yorubas in the UK are you will be scared, I mean legit money respected by white people not druggie. Google the yoruba man that own 2 airports in the UK. But the young yoruba generation are becoming mouthy maybe they learning from the igbos

3 Likes

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Contekbbc: 10:08pm On Apr 06, 2022
Terrier99:

Running from things, not running things. No Igbo person is as wealthy as that guy. At least, no Igbo person has ever been assessed by Forbes to be worth 1 billion dollars.
Bleep off, useless gumbody.

You can say that again bro.
You are doing well.

1million likes
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by derecho(m): 10:08pm On Apr 06, 2022
No mind am...people must bring in bigotry into anything.
The guy in question is thinking global while some are trying to box/cage him
Businessman1986:

No need for this. I am Yoruba and I can tell you easily that Nigerians of all ethnic backgrounds succeed in the states.

1 Like

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 06, 2022
Larrykaysail:
I be yoruba, but I will give it to Igbo
why not give it to the hausas undecided rubbish

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Exkandayee(m): 10:11pm On Apr 06, 2022
trutharena:

Stop saying nonsense. Software are paid for by companies who buy the right to use it and plug their employees on it. They have 10million people using it and those can be grouped under their respective companies. For example Lyft is one of their customers, that mean that all lyft employees using the Calendly software are part of the 10million people.

Micorosft Azure and AWS for example has subscription fees that corporations pay but their employees are plugged into it to use it and even most times their customer base itself from the front end. Grow sense and learn.

You see why I said you no too get sense? Companies continue to attract investment even sometimes big corporation which was why Elon Musk just bought more shares to be the biggest shareholder in Twitter. Since this is not a 2by2 shop, I can understand your brainpower can't comprehend.

Lastly, it is not by cash flow alone, are you the owner of the cash itself? If moving money as a bank is easy money for banks like that why are the banks not the richest corporations in the world? Shinedu think nao.
You really an intelligent guy or man I don't,I just deh follow your discussion with that guy...I like you no homo... you b guy or papa lolz

6 Likes

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by nedekid: 10:11pm On Apr 06, 2022
trutharena:

No Nigerian bank has a market value of $3bn.
See this list I saw.
What do you make of it?
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 06, 2022
LastProphet:

If you know how rich some yorubas in the UK are you will be scared, I mean legit money respected by white people not druggie. Google the yoruba man that own 2 airports in the UK. But the young yoruba generation are becoming mouthy maybe they learning from the igbos
so why quoting me to tell me this? I only appreciate good things when I see it...is that a crime?
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by trutharena: 10:12pm On Apr 06, 2022
nedekid:

See this list I saw.
What do you make of it?

The list is not showing. Reupload the pics.
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by trutharena: 10:13pm On Apr 06, 2022
Exkandayee:

You really an intelligent guy or man I don't,I just deh follow your discussion with that guy...I like you no homo... you b guy or papa lolz

Lol I’m a young boy o.

1 Like

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by abbey621(m): 10:15pm On Apr 06, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:
E try o but still na money wey no reach wetin same Nigerians dey make for Naija. Remita by systemspecs alone go buy am.

which one be dis yeye negative sterotype
all dis refugee Nigerians dey use to take claim sympathy for US sef. Which one is Lagos, a city of 15 million, is economically vibrant but dangerous" like say no be d same Lagos all d richest Nigerians wey dey same forbes list dem make money. All dis omo oju ori ola ri wey go dey answer Olaniyan sef. Imagine pesin wey neva step foot for Naija con dey write trash like say no be dat same yeye US wey every week crazy people go dey enter public space dey shook to kill every innocent pesin in sight hin dey. Shiorr

Na like so d parents of dat chess boy take lie say na Boko Haram chase dem come US wen even d chibok families wey Boko haram carry dem daughter sef still dey for Nigeria.

Try educate yourself and read more about wealthy black Americans that grew up from the slump. Some grew up in Compton, some on the Southside of Chicago and others Bronx NY. If you read their own articles you would see the same description( Vibrant but dangerous aka ghetto) but it sounds like there's something deeper going on here with you. Rather than celebrate a Nigerian making it big, you would rather focus on the negatives......SHAME!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by nedekid: 10:15pm On Apr 06, 2022
trutharena:

The list is not showing. Reupload the pics.
Sorry.
https://www.relbanks.com/rankings/top-banks-in-africa
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Doubuzofficial: 10:16pm On Apr 06, 2022
Afonja for life
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Terrier99: 10:17pm On Apr 06, 2022
joetem:
Truely Yorubas are blessed it ICT, it seems to come natural with them, their problem is the mining

Truly, Igbos are blessed in trading and commerce. It seems to come natural to them. Their problem is crime and foolishness.

3 Likes

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by HBB1(m): 10:22pm On Apr 06, 2022
joetem:

grin

What mining?
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Exkandayee(m): 10:23pm On Apr 06, 2022
trutharena:

Lol I’m a young boy o.
You meanam, I'm a 29 year old man,buti swear I no get this kinda knowledge,omo I need to widen my horizon

4 Likes

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by trutharena: 10:24pm On Apr 06, 2022
nedekid:

Sorry.
https://www.relbanks.com/rankings/top-banks-in-africa

I don’t know about the website you post coz it’s talking about their assets and that could be confusing when trying to relate it with market value.

Below is a link that shows their current market capitalization on the Nigeria stock exchange.

You can see the market cap of Zenith bank is the highest and that’s at 714 billion makes. That’s not up to $3billion for Calendly.

I hope you understand me.

https://simplywall.st/stocks/ng/banks/market-cap-large

https://nairametrics.com/2021/06/26/top-7-banks-in-nigeria-by-market-valuation/?amp=1

1 Like

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by klas(m): 10:25pm On Apr 06, 2022
Senomii:

Why was the guy trash talking nigeria saying lagos is dangerous and all of that? Unless half his brains had been eaten by dogs with that statement he made he should've realized his negative portrayal of our country could lead to a negative perception from outsiders and may drive away investors

That was the opinion of the writer. It wasn’t a direct quote from him. He was only quoted where he said he wanted to redeem his father.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by mattonnairaland: 10:28pm On Apr 06, 2022
With person like this the world will keep seeing Nigeria in a different light
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Exkandayee(m): 10:29pm On Apr 06, 2022
LastProphet:

Haha funny guy,so because he owns 2 airports that means he's extremely rich,davido networth pass the odunlesi of a guy,get your facts right before you spit shit,his Rich in dollars but he's not upto 30 million dollars
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by joetem(m): 10:29pm On Apr 06, 2022
HBB1:

grin

What mining?

skull
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by mattonnairaland: 10:29pm On Apr 06, 2022
But really there are some silent billionaires
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Tonim(f): 10:30pm On Apr 06, 2022
One of our sons. This is great kiss

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Exkandayee(m): 10:34pm On Apr 06, 2022
mattonnairaland:
But really there are some silent billionaires
There's nothing like silent billionaires,if you rich a billion dollars your name must be heard no matter where you are,bro a billion dollar no b jokeooo
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by jrusky(m): 10:35pm On Apr 06, 2022
Nigerians are naturally great. I love my people and my country with passion.

Nigeria is my home proudly Nigeria thunder fire apc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast / Folorunsho Alakija Is Building Famfa Towers, Costs N60 Billion / Gombe Exports 400 Snakes To England Every Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.