Stats: 3,157,937 members, 7,835,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever (63137 Views)

Breaking: Tope Awotona officially recognized as a billionaire on Forbes / Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US / Forbes: Tope Awotona First Nigerian American Billionaire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Exkandayee(m): 11:07pm On Apr 06, 2022
realestate99:

The most dangerous men are those that are ignorant and not ready to learn......I don't pray to meet your type offline.
You will never me,
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by lexy2014: 11:09pm On Apr 06, 2022
1sherlockHolmes:
you guys bring tribal issue in everything, you should stop for fukck sake its disgusting he is a human being just like everyone

Who are the "you guys"? How do my questions suggest the above which u accuse me of?
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Sheggy13(m): 11:09pm On Apr 06, 2022
obynzo:

Oga you see the mischief in your statement. Who are those who started this hyping of tribe? Isn't it not yorubas, when igbos start hyping you get upset. This twisting of narrative will not work. I am happy for his achievements as he can only get this in America not in this shithole called Nigeria.
But again to clear the record the article said he is one of the wealthiest not that he is the wealthiest ehnnn just cool down with the chest beating.
The bolded is a big lie except you're new to Nairaland. We all know those who started the shouts of Amaka and what not. Don't twist the narrative.

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Nobody: 11:09pm On Apr 06, 2022
BeingCamping:
Wow nice one.

Naija to the world.
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by princewarri1985: 11:13pm On Apr 06, 2022
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by jneutron4000: 11:14pm On Apr 06, 2022
Loewe:

Honestly, Igbo traders believe everything about business is buying and selling products, that's why they insult Yorubas, but look at Nigeria's service industry, it's being controlled by Yorubas...

There's no service you need today, technical or otherwise, you have to call a Yoruba man... Yet they think it's by opening shop and selling products alone...
they are simply loud.
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by AmazingELixir: 11:15pm On Apr 06, 2022
MrMaestro:
Wonderful development. When people say Yorubas aren’t in a class of their own when it comes to business, continue to show them people like this guy. There are even more other tribes from Nigeria in America, yet a Yoruba is the wealthiest Nigerian immigrant. Soon he will pass every other black american. Only entertainers and Robert Smith are ahead of him. If this company goes public he might pass Dangote. Thank God almighty that the Yorubas are blessed.

Shut your traps youngman...you people killed his father compelling his mother to escape the over hyped dangerous city as was aptly described in that reportage.
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by HBB1(m): 11:15pm On Apr 06, 2022
obynzo:

Oga you see the mischief in your statement. Who are those who started this hyping of tribe? Isn't it not yorubas, when igbos start hyping you get upset. This twisting of narrative will not work. I am happy for his achievements as he can only get this in America not in this shithole called Nigeria.
But again to clear the record the article said he is one of the wealthiest not that he is the wealthiest ehnnn just cool down with the chest beating.

And how do Yorubas hype their tribe again?

What do they say?

Come on man...

We know who loves to do the chest-beating
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by uniquetechng: 11:15pm On Apr 06, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

u no dey house wen dem dey share sense aswear2gud.
olodo, na inferior complex dey worry u. All dat yeye bloated software coy valuations na hin u dey compare with real coys wey get real money , dey cash out daily and a whole systemspec wey dey move billions daily. U tink say na by one yeye valuations dem take dey do am.

I don see say u be one of d native people like u wey neva achieve anytin for life go dey share chart upandan. Shiorr.
If you put Remita up for sale nobody will bid above $200,000,000 , stop hyping Remita.

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by HBB1(m): 11:16pm On Apr 06, 2022
Sheggy13:

The bolded is a big lie except you're new to Nairaland. We all know those who started the shouts of Amaka and what not. Don't twist the narrative.

Guess he is new to Nairaland.

Or he is just a liar
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by seyz91(m): 11:18pm On Apr 06, 2022
LikeAking:
SO?

wHO IM EPP?
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by jneutron4000: 11:20pm On Apr 06, 2022
Eriokanmi:
True. The day I learnt that Ogunlesi owned the Gatwick Airport in the UK and acquired the Italian Railway Company, I knew Yorubas were so humble with money.
if Ogunlesi happens to be an Igbo man, we no go hear word na. Tayo Amusan bought the whole Shoprite Nigeria, you hear any Yoruba brag about it undecided even the Northerners are doing great in business but they are silence too, is just Igbos that loves to brag about things like that. If you see businesses that Yorubas are controlling especially in abroad you will marvel.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by 1stGenAmerican(f): 11:22pm On Apr 06, 2022
AustineE1:
This is how Forbes was hyping Invictus Obi that year,I just hope tomorrow we won't see his name on FBI most wanted list.
Anyway congrats to the gentleman.

Forbes didn’t list this particular guy as a billionaire. The company is worth $3 billion.

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by grandstar(m): 11:24pm On Apr 06, 2022
This Baba with all this white hair is 40! Haba!

I have about 5 internet ideas that could make me a billionaire. I don't have a cent to develop anything grin grin grin
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by olisaEze(m): 11:26pm On Apr 06, 2022
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Sacred007: 11:28pm On Apr 06, 2022
LikeAking:
SO?
wHO IM EPP?
nah poverty go kee u. I swear
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by George427: 11:28pm On Apr 06, 2022
Once Illuminati no dey involved congrats

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by 1stGenAmerican(f): 11:30pm On Apr 06, 2022
According to Forbes, there are 15 Black Billionaires in the world and 9 are in America. Why didn’t Forbes list this man?

Each year, Forbes tallies its list of the world’s billionaires using a snapshot of financial information like the latest stock prices, exchange rates, assets and more. As of last year, here are the world’s 15 Black billionaires:

15. Tyler Perry: $1 billion

Perry is an actor, director, producer and screenwriter. The media mogul also owns Tyler Perry Studios, located in the heart of Atlanta on the historic grounds of the former Fort McPherson army base.

Explore
From 2020: Tyler Perry pays for senior-hour groceries in Atlanta
14. Jay-Z: $1.4 billion

In June 2019, Jay-Z became Hip-Hop’s first proven and viable billionaire, thanks to what Forbes called a “sprawling and diverse empire.”

13. Strive Masiyiwa: $1.5 billion

Masiyiwa “overcame protracted government opposition to launch mobile phone network Econet Wireless Zimbabwe in his country of birth in 1998,” according to Forbes. He and his wife, Tsitsi, have provided scholarships to more than 250,000 young Africans over the past 20 years through their Higherlife Foundation.

12. Michael Lee-Chin: $1.6 billion

A native of Jamaica, Lee-Chin made his fortune investing in National Commercial Bank Jamaica, AIC Limited and other companies.

11. Michael Jordan: $1.6 billion

NBA great Jordan, one of the nine Americans on the list, still has sponsorship deals with Hanes, Gatorade and Upper Deck 19 years after retiring from basketball.

10. Rihanna: $1.7 billion

Making her debut on Forbes’ list, Rihanna has a projected net worth of $1.7 billion due to her ever-expanding Fenty empire.

Explore
Rihanna expecting first baby with A$AP Rocky
9. Kanye West: $1.8 billion

Artist and entrepreneur Kanye West, who has a multi-year deal to design sneaker brand Yeezy for Adidas, ranks No. 1,750 on the full list with $1.8 billion.

8. Alex Karp: $2.1 billion

Karp is the co-founder and CEO of the software firm Palantir Technologies.

7. Oprah Winfrey: $2.7 billion

In addition to the media, entertainment and business empire she’s built, Winfrey owns shares in Weight Watchers and has a partnership with Apple. She has donated nearly half a billion dollars to charities throughout her career, including more than $100 million to the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls in South Africa.

6. Patrice Motsepe: $2.9 billion

Motsepe was the first Black African to appear on the Forbes list. He became a billionaire in 2008 as founder and chairman of African Rainbow Minerals.

5. David Steward: $3.7 billion

Steward is co-founder and chairman of World Wide Technology, an $11.2 billion IT provider whose customers include Citi, Verizon and the federal government.

4. Abdulsamad Rabiu: $4.9 billion

Rabiu is the founder of BUA Group, a Nigerian conglomerate with interests in sugar refining, cement production, real estate, steel, port concessions, manufacturing, oil, gas and shipping.

3. Robert F. Smith: $6 billion

Smith made his fortune through the private equity firm, Vista Equity Partners, which he founded in 2000. A graduate of Cornell, he pledged $50 million (personally and through a foundation) to the university in 2016. And in 2019, Smith announced that his family was providing a grant to eliminate the student debt of the entire Morehouse College Class of 2019.

2. Mike Adenuga: $6.1 billion

Adenuga, Nigeria’s second-richest man, made his first million at 26 selling lace and distributing soft drinks, according to Forbes. But he built his fortune in telecom and oil production.

1. Aliko Dangote: $11.5 billion

Africa’s richest man Dangote founded and owns nearly 88 percent of publicly-traded Dangote Cement. He also owns stakes in publicly-traded salt, sugar and flour manufacturing companies.

https://www.ajc.com/life/celebrities/forbes-these-are-the-worlds-15-black-billionaires/PRWODTCBXNHZLLSQTZOHU5Y3B4/
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by moneyissweet(m): 11:30pm On Apr 06, 2022
Another Obi Nwanne loading....

America sure know how to disgrace Africans

MrMaestro:
Wonderful development. When people say Yorubas aren’t in a class of their own when it comes to business, continue to show them people like this guy. There are even more other tribes from Nigeria in America, yet a Yoruba is the wealthiest Nigerian immigrant. Soon he will pass every other black american. Only entertainers and Robert Smith are ahead of him. If this company goes public he might pass Dangote. Thank God almighty that the Yorubas are blessed.

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by IbileIfe: 11:32pm On Apr 06, 2022
MrMaestro:
He is going to surpass Alhaji Aliko Dangote once Calendly goes public.
Those who will overtake Dangote include
Olugbenga Agboola,the CEO and Co-founder of Flutterwave, Iyinoluwa Aboyeji, Founder of Future Africa and Cofounder of Flutterwave and Andela and yours sincerely, myself.
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by 1stGenAmerican(f): 11:34pm On Apr 06, 2022
MrMaestro:

I’m sure he’s wealthy but he isn’t even on Forbes’ list of Black Billionaires. There are 15 in the world and he’s nowhere on that list. There are plenty others ahead of him. His company is worth $3 billion but that’s not his personal net worth.
I thought most Nigerians said that Femi Otedola was a billionaire too?
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Nobody: 11:43pm On Apr 06, 2022

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Asour: 11:45pm On Apr 06, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

u no dey house wen dem dey share sense aswear2gud.
olodo, na inferior complex dey worry u. All dat yeye bloated software coy valuations na hin u dey compare with [b]real coys [/b]wey get real money , dey cash out daily and a whole systemspec wey dey move billions daily. U tink say na by one yeye valuations dem take dey do am.

I don see say u be one of d native people like u wey neva achieve anytin for life go dey share chart upandan. Shiorr.

Banks are literally Financial services companies.
They are not in the 'real' sector.
The Real sector constitutes production of goods and services other than financial services.

Financial services companies including banks & your Remita are quite brittle companies relying heavily on mutual trust and confidence.

A bank can literally shut down in a week or 2 due to bank runs or other such shocks.
See bank runs in Russia for example.
Remita & co are strong payment intermediaries that CAN lose business through competition. Hard but possible.

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by 1stGenAmerican(f): 11:48pm On Apr 06, 2022
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Nobody: 11:49pm On Apr 06, 2022
Truly awesome and inspirational.

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by HBB1(m): 11:53pm On Apr 06, 2022
grandstar:
This Baba with all this white hair is 40! Haba!

I have about 5 internet ideas that could make me a billionaire. I don't have a cent to develop anything grin grin grin

If you had such ideas, you wouldn't be broke

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by BabaIbo: 12:02am On Apr 07, 2022
SilentQueen:
why not give it to the hausas undecided rubbish

You're a dishonest tribalistic being.

You denied referring to Igbos when @obynzo quoted you but that was actually what you meant.

The fact remains that guy on the news doesn't know you nor does he give a f about you or any tribalistic soul here.

And for your information, he might even have close Igbo pals, while you all are here wallowing in stu pidity.

Lastly, stop attaching yourself to people who doesn't know you just because they are successful.
Go and make your own money or tell your people to make their own money.

Don't bother quoting me because I won't reply you after this.

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Ybaby: 12:09am On Apr 07, 2022
Christistruth00:

The way to be good at Business is to Truly care for your Customers and Staff

Any Business that cares more about money than Peoples needs and their Welfare will not have the

Goodwill, Wisdom , Power or Grace to last beyond one Generation

Do you own a business ?
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Nobody: 12:15am On Apr 07, 2022
Ugosample:

You think the world does not know about the state of Nigeria?
So? What's his gain by saying same thing everyone else knows about
Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by BabaIbo: 12:22am On Apr 07, 2022
Loewe:

Honestly, Igbo traders believe everything about business is buying and selling products, that's why they insult Yorubas, but look at Nigeria's service industry, it's being controlled by Yorubas...

There's no service you need today, technical or otherwise, you have to call a Yoruba man... Yet they think it's by opening shop and selling products alone...

Keep living in denial, it is nothing new to you folks.

Even in the tiling, plumbing OR bricklaying services that you guys are feeling you're the best in has been taken away from you people by the Togolese, Benin republicans and some northerners.

Note:i don't want to mention upgraded OR standard services like banking and so on because it is dominated by oge tribes and not your tribe like you think.
If you doubt this, you can check the first 3 banks in Nigeria and their owners, the best network provider and the owner, best airlines and their owners, best transportation companies and their owners, just name it.

Everyone here is not a novice.

FYI, a Nigerian of Igbo tribe sold a software to Apple for $1 billion long ago, aside from that he has developed and sold some other ones and also operates some.

He is not the only Nigerian over there doing well and worth over a billion dollar.

You are not even related in anyway, he doesn't even know if you exist, why then are you going bitter about it?

Be humble please.

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Nobody: 12:42am On Apr 07, 2022
BabaIbo:

Keep living in denial, it is nothing new to you folks.

Even in the tiling, plumbing OR bricklaying services that you guys are feeling you're the best in has been taken away from you people by the Togolese, Benin republicans and some northerners.

Note:i don't want to mention upgraded OR standard services like banking and so on because it is dominated by oge tribes and not your tribe like you think.
If you doubt this, you can check the first 3 banks in Nigeria and their owners, the best network provider and the owner, best airlines and their owners, best transportation companies and their owners, just name it.

Everyone here is not a novice.

FYI, a Nigerian of Igbo tribe sold a software to Apple for $1 billion long ago, aside from that he has developed and sold some other ones and also operates some.

He is not the only Nigerian over there doing well and worth over a billion dollar.

You are not even related in anyway, he doesn't even know if you exist, why then are you going bitter about it?

Be humble please.

It's the Igbos that lack humility, cos you lot believe in beating your chest too much. You have the mindset that Yorubas are bad at running business and you say it insultingly to our faces... All because you have traders, buying and selling goods, you think that's it. grin

I won't argue with you much, I don't have time for that, so believe what you want. If you think Igbos run the service industry as well, go ahead. If you think Igbos run finance, go ahead, if you think Igbos run the education and academic sector, go ahead, if you believe Igbos run oil and gas, go ahead, if you believe Igbos run telecoms, go ahead, if you believe Igbos run the power sector, go ahead, if you believe Igbos run healthcare, if you believe your people run the music and entertainment industry, go ahead...

It's a free world. We can deceive ourselves but facts speak for themselves...

Re: Forbes: Tope Awotona Is One Of The America's Wealthiest Immigrant Ever by Burgerlomo: 12:46am On Apr 07, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fake Bank Alert! The New Trend? Nigerian Lady Laments As She Falls Victim / Ibiza: Obi Cubana Shows The First Club He Built In 2006 (Photos, Video) / AFCON: Osondu Nwoye Dies Of Heart Attack In Ivory Coast

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60