Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,995 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

RCCG Authority Disciplines Leke Adeboye For Calling Pastors 'Goats' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG Authority Disciplines Leke Adeboye For Calling Pastors 'Goats' (47102 Views)

Leke Adeboye Apologises For Calling RCCG Pastors Goats / Outrage As Leke Adeboye Calls RCCG Pastors ‘goats’ / Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

RCCG Authority Disciplines Leke Adeboye For Calling Pastors 'Goats' by TheDemola: 4:41pm On Apr 07, 2022
Earlier threads:
https://www.nairaland.com/7063840/not-son-goat-leke-adeboye

https://www.nairaland.com/7065312/outrage-leke-adeboye-calls-rccg

Goat pastors: RCCG takes disciplinary measures against Adeboye’s son

The Redeemed Christian Church of God has taken disciplinary measures against Leke, son of the General Overseer of the church, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, over the former’s comment labelling some pastors in the mission ‘goats’.

The younger Adeboye had called some pastors in the mission ‘goats’ for preaching after his dad’s sermon last Sunday, as all parishes of the church weren’t supposed to entertain any sermon on first Sundays after the GO’s sermon was broadcast live.

Leke’s comment had generated outrage with many calling on RCCG to take disciplinary measures against him.

In a statement posted on his verified Instagram account on Thursday, the younger Adeboye apologised for the comment.

The statement was titled, ‘My Sincere Apology’, read, “I wish to use this medium to tender my unreserved apologies on the statement made from my social media handle about some of our esteemed Pastors

“The disciplinary measures taken by the mission is well received and this period will be used to reflect and introspect.

“I wish to crave your indulgence to please forgive my extreme statement which I wish to emphasise was absolutely not intended to insult or malign.

“I also wish to apologise profusely to the entire leadership and Pastors of our beloved Church who might have been hurt by this statement.

“I remain humbly yours in God’s love and mercies. Yours in His service, Leke Adeboye.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/breaking-goat-pastors-rccg-takes-disciplinary-measures-against-adeboyes-son/%3famp

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: RCCG Authority Disciplines Leke Adeboye For Calling Pastors 'Goats' by Uprightness100(m): 4:44pm On Apr 07, 2022
It is well brother!

True Believers know that it was not intended to insult or malign.

All the same,take the Discipline in Good faith and in total submission to GOD ALMIGHTY.

The Church of GOD is Marching on and the Gates of Hell will not Prevail against it.

133 Likes 9 Shares

Re: RCCG Authority Disciplines Leke Adeboye For Calling Pastors 'Goats' by JudasNaKarrot: 4:46pm On Apr 07, 2022
Uprightness100:
It is well brother!
The Church is Marching on and the Gates of Hell will not Prevail against it.
Taaaaah!

A Goat spotted.

240 Likes 10 Shares

Re: RCCG Authority Disciplines Leke Adeboye For Calling Pastors 'Goats' by sammy329(m): 4:48pm On Apr 07, 2022
smiley This is good. Kudos to him for this public apology.

At least those saying that he was using the parable of sheep and goats in Matt. 25: 31-36 claiming he was quoted out of context can rest now.

What he meant in his previous statement was a goat, a real goat.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: RCCG Authority Disciplines Leke Adeboye For Calling Pastors 'Goats' by Maxymilliano(m): 4:51pm On Apr 07, 2022
To err is human; to forgive, divine' ... Hopefully he would have learnt his lessons and restrain his emotions to avoid future occurrences.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Authority Disciplines Leke Adeboye For Calling Pastors 'Goats' by Romanoff(f): 4:53pm On Apr 07, 2022
Uprightness100:
It is well brother!

True Believers know that it was not intended to insult or malign.

All the same,take the Discipline in Good faith and in total submission to GOD ALMIGHTY.

The Church of GOD is Marching on and the Gates of Hell will not Prevail against it.

The tone was insulting.

However, it's good he's sober about his outburst.

No one is beyond discipline.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: RCCG Authority Disciplines Leke Adeboye For Calling Pastors 'Goats' by Laggafin: 4:56pm On Apr 07, 2022
He's now the real GOAT officially

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Authority Disciplines Leke Adeboye For Calling Pastors 'Goats' by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:00pm On Apr 07, 2022
Whichever way he has driven his point home. The angry reaction from his message shows that a lot of RCCG pastors are guilty and they always deliberately flout Daddy GOs instruction by preaching after his sermon.
However, in Next thanksgiving Service a lot of RCCG parishes might still close till 2.0 clock and if you want to leave early, pastor with his mind reading tactics will announce that your blessing is not complete until we say the grace.

23 Likes

Re: RCCG Authority Disciplines Leke Adeboye For Calling Pastors 'Goats' by shilenji(m): 5:01pm On Apr 07, 2022
Someone who doesn't listen to instructions is referred to as a goat. No apology needed.

14 Likes

Re: RCCG Authority Disciplines Leke Adeboye For Calling Pastors 'Goats' by zainabicy: 5:09pm On Apr 07, 2022
This generation and Social media…

Too quick to talk type

He could have ‘thought’ it without the outburst on social media.

God knows that they must never place the content of our heart on a big screen for everybody.

Nobody holy pass

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Authority Disciplines Leke Adeboye For Calling Pastors 'Goats' by TheDemola: 5:16pm On Apr 07, 2022
shilenji:
Someone who doesn't listen to instructions is referred to as a goat. No apology needed.
Agreed, but for the post he is holding, he shouldn't have made such statement

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: RCCG Authority Disciplines Leke Adeboye For Calling Pastors 'Goats' by yuping(m): 5:20pm On Apr 07, 2022
lipsrsealed he has so much to learn.

2 Likes

Re: RCCG Authority Disciplines Leke Adeboye For Calling Pastors 'Goats' by Lakeview: 10:37am On Apr 08, 2022
A lesson well learnt for him and others!
Re: RCCG Authority Disciplines Leke Adeboye For Calling Pastors 'Goats' by Topmaike007(m): 10:37am On Apr 08, 2022
Ok
Re: RCCG Authority Disciplines Leke Adeboye For Calling Pastors 'Goats' by SenatePresdo(m): 10:37am On Apr 08, 2022
That guy knows that RCCG is a Business venture as long as the family is concerned. He has seen and understood what the sheeples can never see.
Thus his Utterances, I remembered when he was talking about tithe paying, dude is so uncouth to be vocal.

He sees it as a business his family controls, and the sheeples are seeing it as a house of God that a pastor is in control of.

Smh

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: RCCG Authority Disciplines Leke Adeboye For Calling Pastors 'Goats' by Akwaibomdude(m): 10:37am On Apr 08, 2022
Are you sure he's being disciplined

9 Likes

Re: RCCG Authority Disciplines Leke Adeboye For Calling Pastors 'Goats' by MathewOG(m): 10:37am On Apr 08, 2022
ok

2 Likes

Re: RCCG Authority Disciplines Leke Adeboye For Calling Pastors 'Goats' by Samylekey(m): 10:37am On Apr 08, 2022
Good
Re: RCCG Authority Disciplines Leke Adeboye For Calling Pastors 'Goats' by Kingpele(m): 10:37am On Apr 08, 2022
That is the way to go, u can't wake up and call pastors whom God called into his service a goat and pretend all is well..my people he called Pastors of Redeemed church goats, and there is one of their parish beside my house ,that young man is working so hard for the church, now whenever I see him, a goat comes to my mind ,I will think so this is part of the goat leke was talking about..daddy Enoch is not the founder of redeemed, he was appointed by the church after the demise of the former GO ,some of the goats leke mentioned might become GO in future..this is my problem with some churches, God will call one man and he will go ahead and call all his children, grandchildren and wife into ministry..we see the result now

24 Likes

Re: RCCG Authority Disciplines Leke Adeboye For Calling Pastors 'Goats' by Fiscus105(m): 10:38am On Apr 08, 2022
Discpline? I doubt if he would ever change. If this guy is not working under his revered dad, I imagine what he would turn to.

I think a lesson for all respected people in the society, make sure you think about concequences of what you want to tweet/post before letting it go viral. It's just like egg.

I still imagine how Christians that work around him are copping of his arrogancy and pride!

" wanting his dad and his own voices to be louder same time".

7 Likes

Re: RCCG Authority Disciplines Leke Adeboye For Calling Pastors 'Goats' by Samylekey(m): 10:38am On Apr 08, 2022
IyawoDbull:
But goat means praising them na

That one na G.O.A.T not Goat grin

1 Like

Re: RCCG Authority Disciplines Leke Adeboye For Calling Pastors 'Goats' by Winters23: 10:38am On Apr 08, 2022
grin

junior charlatan is insulting his daddy's partners in crime...

2 Likes

Re: RCCG Authority Disciplines Leke Adeboye For Calling Pastors 'Goats' by AmazingELixir: 10:38am On Apr 08, 2022
grin

Its obvious the young pastor's outburst is as a result of accumulates grievance.

He so badly needed to call them that to vent off the amassed distaste he had endured with those clergies all the while.
Re: RCCG Authority Disciplines Leke Adeboye For Calling Pastors 'Goats' by SmartPolician: 10:38am On Apr 08, 2022
My priest always says that the church is 99% human! This means that nobody is above mistake. Go and sin no more, Pastor Leke.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Authority Disciplines Leke Adeboye For Calling Pastors 'Goats' by KarlWhyte(m): 10:39am On Apr 08, 2022
Okk
Re: RCCG Authority Disciplines Leke Adeboye For Calling Pastors 'Goats' by Sabadon(m): 10:39am On Apr 08, 2022
Goat grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Deeper Life Church Building Collapses In Lagos, Worshippers Injured / Escoba Smith Buys His Pastor 2017 Toyota Prado As Birthday Gift (Photos) / Lagos Chapel Members Desert Church Over Sacking Of Presiding Chaplain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.