Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,505 members, 7,836,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Peskov: We Have Suffered Losses But Our Mission Is To Prevent World War III - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Peskov: We Have Suffered Losses But Our Mission Is To Prevent World War III (40854 Views)

World War III Has Been Declared – Pope Francis / Peskov: Russia Paid Foreign Dollar Debt In Rubles, no grounds for debt default / Russia Will Use Nuclear Weapons When Under Threat - Dmitry Peskov (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peskov: We Have Suffered Losses But Our Mission Is To Prevent World War III by TheGift: 10:37pm On Apr 07, 2022
Gentlerespect76:

A window into the Kremlin soul; but the West will not be happy for the world to hear that Russia doesn't want 3 world war!

They don’t want world war three but they are starting world war three, and people like you are still blaming the West for Russia’s actions. Even after seeing the butchering of innocent civilians in Bucha , Ukraine.

May We be delivered from our insensitive justification of blatant evil.
Re: Peskov: We Have Suffered Losses But Our Mission Is To Prevent World War III by excel101(m): 10:38pm On Apr 07, 2022
MangekyoAlt:
I'm seeing reports that elements of the Ukrainian army, mostly made up of Azov battalion defending mariupol have almost completely been annihilated. It is said that Russian troops along with DPR/LPR fighters are carefully cleaning mariupol, leaving no block or house unchecked as they do not want to let any Nazi Azov element leave mariupol without being in a body bag. All attempts to evacuate azov commanders tooo by air have been thwarted by Russian troops
If zelensky knows what is good for him, he should surrender now before it becomes too late.
Are you helping Russia to beg Ukraine to surrender?
Re: Peskov: We Have Suffered Losses But Our Mission Is To Prevent World War III by kokomilala(m): 10:52pm On Apr 07, 2022
@Toxay,I made a mistake with the date.Agreed. I was trying to lump a lot of things together. But I'm not uninformed about WW2 as you willfully try to make me look. In 1937,the atom had already being theorized. When the war started in 1939,the US had started working on the Manhattan Project,where Robert Oppenmeir was charged with building the biggest scientific experiment in history. He was racing against Hitler. A lot of dynamics actually swung the pendulum of the war. Few people saw Japan bombing Pearl Habour on Dec.7.1941.A lot more didn't see the French signing the Armistice- a humiliating truce forced down tbier throat.
The war threw up the US and USSR and the Third World. But I insist that it was the dynamic of the US that swung the war. It didn't want to enter initially,because it was just recovering from The Great Depression of ,I think ,1928,and Roosevelt felt it was best the US maintained its isolationist policy.
Re: Peskov: We Have Suffered Losses But Our Mission Is To Prevent World War III by gamechanger547: 11:05pm On Apr 07, 2022
Nigeria neutral in UN vote despite Russia’s abstention threat
Russia had warned countries that a yes vote or abstention on a U.S. push to suspend the country from the Human Rights Council would be viewed as an "unfriendly gesture" with consequences for bilateral ties.
Chiamaka Okafor
— April 7, 2022

(0) Nigeria abstained from Thursday’s vote to suspend Russia from the United Nations‘ human rights council over allegations of gross human rights violations in Ukraine, brushing aside Moscow’s warning that it would view such a decision as an unfriendly act.
Russia had warned countries at the UN that a yes vote or abstention on a U.S. push to suspend the country from the Human Rights Council will be viewed as an “unfriendly gesture” with consequences for bilateral ties, according to a note seen by Reuters on Wednesday.
Russia’s mission to the UN urged countries to “speak out against the anti-Russian resolution”, according to Reuters.
“It is worth mentioning that not only support for such an initiative, but also an equidistant position in the vote (abstention or non-participation) will be considered as an unfriendly gesture,” the note read. “In addition, the position of each country will be taken into account both in the development of bilateral relations and in the work on the issues important for it within the framework of the U.N.”
Ukraine’s UN ambassador, Sergiy Kyslytsya, urged UNGA members to “press the ‘yes’ button and to save the Human Rights Council and many lives around the world and in Ukraine.”
“On the other hand, pressing ‘no’ means pulling a trigger and means a red dot on the screen – red as the blood of the innocent lives lost,” Mr Kyslytsya was quoted by Al-Jazeera as saying during a special session on Ukraine.
The vote went through on Thursday and Russia became the first permanent member of the UN Security Council to ever have its membership revoked, albeit temporarily, from any United Nations body. The resolution achieved the two-thirds majority of UNGA voting members required to pass, with 93 votes cast in favour and 24 against. A total of 58 countries abstained, but their votes did not count towards the final tally.
Nigeria abstained from the voting alongside most African countries.
Nigeria previously voted in favour of the demand that Russia stop its offensive and immediately withdraw all troops from Ukraine.
African countries that abstained on Thursday are: Algeria, Central Africa Republic, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Mali, Zimbabwe voted against while, Senegal, Botswana, Angola, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Egypt, Eswatini, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Madagascar, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Togo, and Uganda.
Jide Osuntokun, former Nigerian Ambassador to Germany, told PREMIUM TIMES that Nigeria’s decision to abstain is a wise policy decision.
Mr Osuntokun said the decision could have to do with the trade ties Nigeria has with Russia.
“I think abstaining, when you put it side by side with previous condemnation, I think it is a policy in the right direction, do not forget that we have quite reasonable economic ties with Russia, we import wheat from them,” he said.
“Both Russia and Ukraine were helping us with the Ajaokuta steel company and the Ikot Abasi aluminium complex, whereas the serious economic ties we used to have with the United States where they bought a lot of our oil, now they hardly buy anything from us. In terms of economic ties with the U.S., it is almost zero.”
He added that the UN’s suspension of Russia from the human rights council may have gone too far, advocating that the issues between Russia and Ukraine be resolved carefully.
“You know whatever anybody may say, Russia is a world power, personally, I think the way this war is going on may not end well for the whole world because it is better to resolve the matter carefully… by abstaining, we are not backing Russia nor are we supporting it,” Mr Osuntokun.
Owei Lakemfa former secretary general organisation of African Trade Union Unity (OATUU) said, “Nigeria has no business supporting one group or the other.”
“…We are even in danger when it comes to NATO, we do not have any business going to support one country against the other. If any NATO member has a problem with an African country, NATO comes and bombs that country like they did in Libya,” Mr Lakemfa said.
He added that the sensible thing for Ukraine to do is to reach a ceasefire agreement and start a negotiation process with Russia.
“Those who are now motivational speakers to Ukraine (U.S. and co), there is nothing happening in its territory. Ukraine has an economy to run, children to go to school and all these things are being destroyed.
“All NATO wants is a victory and it does not matter where the victory comes from; both territories are expendable to NATO. What sensible people should do is to find a way of ensuring a ceasefire in that country and there is a negotiated settlement so the country can move back to some form of normalcy,” Mr Lakemfa said.
According to him, NATO will get tired of Ukraine in a few months, take a back seat and move on to other things that will come up.
“NATO is a military alliance and has nothing to do with development or peace in the world.”
Re: Peskov: We Have Suffered Losses But Our Mission Is To Prevent World War III by Niggmatic: 11:11pm On Apr 07, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:

Agege Independent News AIT
grin grin grin
Re: Peskov: We Have Suffered Losses But Our Mission Is To Prevent World War III by GodHatesBigots(m): 11:11pm On Apr 07, 2022
InoGetJoy:
The more I learn about Russia, the more I despise the hypocrisy of the US and their allies. Most of these people talking against Russia on nairaland do so from a standpoint of ignorance and stark illiteracy

Let us clap for Russia ? They invaded a sovereign country and killed thousands - and you want us to celebrate??

1 Like

Re: Peskov: We Have Suffered Losses But Our Mission Is To Prevent World War III by ken045501: 11:14pm On Apr 07, 2022
Talking from your own perspective. You are just a bloody civilian
Re: Peskov: We Have Suffered Losses But Our Mission Is To Prevent World War III by shegun4sur: 11:15pm On Apr 07, 2022
InoGetJoy:
The more I learn about Russia, the more I despise the hypocrisy of the US and their allies. Most of these people talking against Russia on nairaland do so from a standpoint of ignorance and stark illiteracy

Is it enlightenment that justifies killing innocent people and making cities desolate?

1 Like

Re: Peskov: We Have Suffered Losses But Our Mission Is To Prevent World War III by Niggmatic: 11:16pm On Apr 07, 2022
MangekyoAlt:

Yes bro. I completely agree with you. Infact, I could agree that Russian invasion of Ukraine wasn't the best option. But do you know why I support them? USA invaded countless countries in the middle east in the last decade. No one sanctioned them or even criticized them. Does it make sense that Russia invades then all those who kept quite when USA was invading and burning cities to the ground and even USA themselves who are the biggest war criminals start condemning, ditching out sanctions as if they are saints?
If westerners supported USAs invasion of Iraq, Syria, lybia etc, why is it bad for we to support Russia's invasion of Ukraine?

USA did not invade Libya, France was at the forefront of Libyan invasion. Why do you guys keep whining about US all the time?

2 Likes

Re: Peskov: We Have Suffered Losses But Our Mission Is To Prevent World War III by plaindealer: 11:20pm On Apr 07, 2022
Benny6944:

Op stop the noise.. roadside newspaper reader.
I'm still surprised you still believe this useless Russians with their blatant lies up and down. if WWIII should commence, how many nation can Russia take down? They can't even take down USA, not to talk about its allies, so what's your stupd lame point here? Same USA saved Russia from the hands of that big guy Hitler. go and make research den come back for argument. D worst thing research could do is go escalate matter because they will be buried.

They can not even take down small Ukraine.
Re: Peskov: We Have Suffered Losses But Our Mission Is To Prevent World War III by Niggmatic: 11:22pm On Apr 07, 2022
Appleyard:

They have made five attempts to evacuate Azov commanders from the besieged Mariupol city center, on each occasions, the helos were destroyed. There are rumors that some high level foreign personnel are on ground in the remaining Azov. That may explain why they keep trying to evacuate even though the helicopters were being shot down.

Source: Ihearsay grin

1 Like

Re: Peskov: We Have Suffered Losses But Our Mission Is To Prevent World War III by Toxay(m): 11:58pm On Apr 07, 2022
kokomilala:
@Toxay,I made a mistake with the date.Agreed. I was trying to lump a lot of things together. But I'm not uninformed about WW2 as you willfully try to make me look. In 1937,the atom had already being theorized. When the war started in 1939,the US had started working on the Manhattan Project,where Robert Oppenmeir was charged with building the biggest scientific experiment in history. He was racing against Hitler. A lot of dynamics actually swung the pendulum of the war. Few people saw Japan bombing Pearl Habour on Dec.7.1941.A lot more didn't see the French signing the Armistice- a humiliating truce forced down tbier throat.
The war threw up the US and USSR and the Third World. But I insist that it was the dynamic of the US that swung the war. It didn't want to enter initially,because it was just recovering from The Great Depression of ,I think ,1928,and Roosevelt felt it was best the US maintained its isolationist policy.

Whatever, the point is, Russia was extremely influential in the defeat of Germany and the battle of Stalingrad was Germany biggest defear and arguably the turning point of the war so don't come here and Start talking about US ending the war or anything of that sort.
UK and Russia did the most work in defeating Germany among other European countries along with the US n
albeit in a much smaller capacity

1 Like

Re: Peskov: We Have Suffered Losses But Our Mission Is To Prevent World War III by calcal: 12:29am On Apr 08, 2022
Russia killed civilians in Bucha Ukraine according to Ukraine but NO one verified the information, Right way, US and EU passed a judgment without verification and added more sanctions.

Is that the rule of law the US and EU talking about?

meanwhile, US forces are still in Syria and Iraq without invitation.

Morroco occupied Western Sahara, NO one say anything, no action from AfroUnion
Re: Peskov: We Have Suffered Losses But Our Mission Is To Prevent World War III by loswhite(m): 12:31am On Apr 08, 2022
InoGetJoy:
Goat!!! You support Russia from standpoint of foolishness.

1 Like

Re: Peskov: We Have Suffered Losses But Our Mission Is To Prevent World War III by loswhite(m): 12:35am On Apr 08, 2022
MangekyoAlt:

Russians are very good defensively. Yes, USA should invade Russia and get completely annihilated by the red army
Why should US invade a country with a useless economy that is of no importance....lol.
The only thing Russia has is nuclear Bombs.
Re: Peskov: We Have Suffered Losses But Our Mission Is To Prevent World War III by VirileNelly2420: 12:36am On Apr 08, 2022
ValCon888:
Gone are the days of conventional warfare when two traditional armies will face themselves in open battle. The era of conducting wars like WW1 and WW2 is well and truly over.

The war in Ukraine is the litmus test that shows assymetrical warfare is the best way for a smaller nation to effectively fight a larger country.

For instance, Russian tanks that cost millions of dollars were no match for javelin missiles that cost thousands of dollars.

The Russian S400 Missile System that cost $300million was basically a pile of junk because Ukraine was using $6000 drones to blow up their fuel supplies.

This war truly exposed Russian incompetence. They may be good at defending their territory, but they're clueless at taking over others.

Putin is best adviced to eat the humble pie and call it a day.

Military drone sold for $6k?

U no go like keep quiet? cry
Re: Peskov: We Have Suffered Losses But Our Mission Is To Prevent World War III by Awesometouch1: 12:53am On Apr 08, 2022
Everything that comes out of the Russian government is such an annoying and imbecilic lie.
Re: Peskov: We Have Suffered Losses But Our Mission Is To Prevent World War III by Boss469(m): 1:08am On Apr 08, 2022
MangekyoAlt:
The moment the west started donating high tech defensive weapons en Masse to Ukraine, what did you expect? That said, Sure losing more than 2k troops is a tragedy for Russia. But it is what happens in a conventional warfare between two countries. When Germany attacked Poland with 2 million troops in WW2, despite their overwhelming superiority, they lost more than 59k troops within a month, and only managed to defeat Poland after 1 month and a half which even happened because the Soviet union attacked from the other side too nearly halfway into the invasion, overwhelming Poland in the process.
USA also in Vietnam faced their biggest humiliation when the Soviet union and China started donating high tech weapons to Vietnam to defend themselves with. After losing more than 60k troops, the almighty USA fled away from Vietnam with full speed grin with their tails in between their legs grin
BTW This war has just given everyone a glimpse of what actual modern warfare is. I'm having this feeling that the Era of tanks and infantry fighting vehicles (IFV) are over. The Era where tanks can overrun a stronghold is over, seeing as there are now TOW missiles that can take out a tank and its entire crew in just one hit unlike before that you use anti tank shells that would bounce off in the face of heavy armors. grin
All in all, Russia will NOT end up like USA in Vietnam. They will take over the entire eastern Ukraine and cut off zelensky from the black sea. Ukraine will become landlocked. The sooner the USA realizes this, stop sending weapons to Ukraine and push for diplomacy, the better. lord Putin might actually forgive them

Ur so called Putin don make a super power pariah state.
Re: Peskov: We Have Suffered Losses But Our Mission Is To Prevent World War III by Funflipper: 1:56am On Apr 08, 2022
Simeonjoe1:

Same way it's effective against Russia the same way it will be against the USA if they face a smaller state actors with similar weapons capabilities.
In truth the age of armored tank, IFV, aircraft carrier and slow bombers is slowly coming to an end.

Because the russian army couldn't withstand ordinary javelin and nlaw that have been in use for ages?
Re: Peskov: We Have Suffered Losses But Our Mission Is To Prevent World War III by gamechanger547: 2:26am On Apr 08, 2022
See the below update.( If US and Nato are as powerful as they want the world to believe and Ukraine is winning as they claim, why disturbing Russian Military commanders with Phone calls? )

Pentagon says Russian military won’t pick up the phone — Analysis

massnews.com

Apr 7, 2022 11:02 PM

The US and Russia continue to have little communication.

US military leaders have had no communication with their counterparts in Moscow since the beginning of Russia’s military operation in Ukraine, US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin reiterated at a Senate Armed Services Committee hearing on Thursday.

General Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff “and I myself have frequently reached out to our counterparts in Russia to try to ensure that we maintain a dialogue. That’s in the last – since mid-February,” Austin told the senators.

“That’s not been very successful because the Russians have not responded,” He concluded.

The Pentagon Chief claimed that he was “disappointed”This, he said, was the best way to go. “It doesn’t mean we’ll stop reaching out to engage them. I think we have to have the ability to talk to the leadership.”

Austin had been summoned to the Senate to answer questions about the Pentagon’s requested 2023 budget, the largest in US history. 

Pentagon spokeswoman John Kirby, March 30, admitted that there was “no conversations to speak to” with the Russian military, but professed a “willingness to have those discussions,” after a reporter asked whether Washington had been “in touch” with Russia’s military leadership. 

“But it’s a two-way street. The Russians have to be willing to pick up the phone and thus far they have not been willing to do that,” Kirby added.
Re: Peskov: We Have Suffered Losses But Our Mission Is To Prevent World War III by Betscoreodds: 3:39am On Apr 08, 2022
Techguy96:

So tell me one thing u learnt about Russia that make you despise US

If you suddenly decide to declare Russia an international aggressor, read these facts and figures. Over 3 million people - that's how many foreigners the US military has killed in 60 invasions of sovereign nations under the pretext of bringing "democracy"?
Cuba (1906) - ?
Nicaragua (1912) - ?
Haiti (1915) - ?
Dominican Republic (1916) - ? 29
Russia (1918) - 2,000
Japan (1945)- 246000
Philippines (1948-1953) - 160,000
Puerto Rico (1950) - 29
Korea (1950-1953) - 570
Guatemala (1954) - 100000
Lebanon (1958) - ?
Panama (1958) - 734
Laos (1959) - 3,000
Haiti (1959) - 2204
Ecuador (1960) - ?
Guatemala (1960) - ?
Dominican Republic (1965) - 2500
Vietnam (1964-1975) - ? 850132
Guatemala (1966) - ?
Indonesia (1966) - ?
Philippines (1966) - ?
Cambodia (1967) - ? 300.000
Laos (1971-1973) - ?
Nicaragua (1972) - ?
El Salvador (1977) - ? 75.000
Grenada (1983) - ?
Libya (1986) - ?
Iran (1980) - ?
Lebanon (1982) - ? 144000
Grenada (1983) - 141
Libya (1986) - 45
Honduras (1988) - ?
Iran (1988) - 290
Virgin Islands (1989) - ?
Panama (1989) - ? 734
Iraq (1991) - ?
Bosnia and Herzegovina (1992 - 1995) - ? 98.000
Somalia (1992 -1994) - ? 1,000
Haiti (1994) - ? 200
Sudan (1998) - ?
Yugoslavia (1999) - 5,700
Afghanistan (2001-2021) - 103000
Iraq (2003-2011) - 690000
Iraq (2011-2017) - 170000
Liberia (2003) - 150000
Pakistan (2004) - 108000
Libya (2011) - 40000
Syria (2013) - 2286
Yemen (2015) - 11000
Cameroon (2015) - ?
Libya (2015) - 1,000
And then there were the color revolutions perpetrated (or thwarted) by the US in Georgia (2003), Ukraine (2004, 2014), Kyrgyzstan (2005), Tunisia (2011), Armenia (2008, 2015), Russia (2010, 2013), Belarus (2020), and Kazakhstan (2022).
The sanctions imposed on the US for this age-old international terrorism are 0.
Judge for yourself. No politics, just numbers.
Re: Peskov: We Have Suffered Losses But Our Mission Is To Prevent World War III by Betscoreodds: 3:54am On Apr 08, 2022
peggywebbs:
I hope when all of this is over, all those who tagged us Putin Urchins will humbly accept defeat. Because at the end, logic will win over your sentiments. If you think Ukraine is coming out winning in all this, you're joking.

Putin is in his right mind, Putin isn't working alone and all of these decisions are backed by Russia. One man is not a country, at the end all of the weapons sent to Ukraine, will still be used for their criminal operations.

If you think Ukraine, is a saint go look up all the stories of the so called hero Zelensky by the western media. Ukraine is the most corrupt country in Europe and the poorest at that. They are home to human trafficking, organ harvesting, slavery, drugs and all unthinkable criminal activity. It's also home to the Neo-Nazi's the new brand of Nazis. Before Putin's attack, there was an eight year war going on the country, where they committed war crimes. Anyway, keep reading sensational headlines and following herd mentality.

Putin's urchins work with history, reason and reality. We won't shift our ground especially when we know what the outcome of all this will be.

. Exactly.
Re: Peskov: We Have Suffered Losses But Our Mission Is To Prevent World War III by drlateef: 6:59am On Apr 08, 2022
sapientia:
Hahahaha

The country that threatened Nuclear war that triggered iodine panic rush in Europe

Russia have no shame

Same Russia that denied they are planning to invade Ukraine

Ranting after killing and still killing people for nothing

Russia is correct to say they don’t want Third World War because if Russia had allowed Ukraine to join NATO, an existential battle to save the soul of Russia from western invasion would have led to NATO fighting alongside Ukraine which will lead to a nuclear war. This early strike on Ukraine is to wake her up and prevent them from joining NATO, thereby preventing 3rd world war.
Re: Peskov: We Have Suffered Losses But Our Mission Is To Prevent World War III by Gentlerespect76: 7:00am On Apr 08, 2022
TheGift:

They don’t want world war three but they are starting world war three, and people like you are still blaming the West for Russia’s actions. Even after seeing the butchering of innocent civilians in Bucha , Ukraine.

May We be delivered from our insensitive justification of blatant evil.

I just have one question for you since you can use grammar: How many times have you condemned what the Nigerian government is using the armed forces of the country to do in South East Nigeria, especially in Orlu, Ihiala, etc? But see your sense of justice in rising in defense of people you don't know but the injustice under your nostrils you chose to ignore. Please go and sit down over there; you don't know me and would be a fool to even venture to judge me!

1 Like

Re: Peskov: We Have Suffered Losses But Our Mission Is To Prevent World War III by Techguy96(m): 7:00am On Apr 08, 2022
Betscoreodds:

If you suddenly decide to declare Russia an international aggressor, read these facts and figures. Over 3 million people - that's how many foreigners the US military has killed in 60 invasions of sovereign nations under the pretext of bringing "democracy"?
Cuba (1906) - ?
Nicaragua (1912) - ?
Haiti (1915) - ?
Dominican Republic (1916) - ? 29
Russia (1918) - 2,000
Japan (1945)- 246000
Philippines (1948-1953) - 160,000
Puerto Rico (1950) - 29
Korea (1950-1953) - 570
Guatemala (1954) - 100000
Lebanon (1958) - ?
Panama (1958) - 734
Laos (1959) - 3,000
Haiti (1959) - 2204
Ecuador (1960) - ?
Guatemala (1960) - ?
Dominican Republic (1965) - 2500
Vietnam (1964-1975) - ? 850132
Guatemala (1966) - ?
Indonesia (1966) - ?
Philippines (1966) - ?
Cambodia (1967) - ? 300.000
Laos (1971-1973) - ?
Nicaragua (1972) - ?
El Salvador (1977) - ? 75.000
Grenada (1983) - ?
Libya (1986) - ?
Iran (1980) - ?
Lebanon (1982) - ? 144000
Grenada (1983) - 141
Libya (1986) - 45
Honduras (1988) - ?
Iran (1988) - 290
Virgin Islands (1989) - ?
Panama (1989) - ? 734
Iraq (1991) - ?
Bosnia and Herzegovina (1992 - 1995) - ? 98.000
Somalia (1992 -1994) - ? 1,000
Haiti (1994) - ? 200
Sudan (1998) - ?
Yugoslavia (1999) - 5,700
Afghanistan (2001-2021) - 103000
Iraq (2003-2011) - 690000
Iraq (2011-2017) - 170000
Liberia (2003) - 150000
Pakistan (2004) - 108000
Libya (2011) - 40000
Syria (2013) - 2286
Yemen (2015) - 11000
Cameroon (2015) - ?
Libya (2015) - 1,000
And then there were the color revolutions perpetrated (or thwarted) by the US in Georgia (2003), Ukraine (2004, 2014), Kyrgyzstan (2005), Tunisia (2011), Armenia (2008, 2015), Russia (2010, 2013), Belarus (2020), and Kazakhstan (2022).
The sanctions imposed on the US for this age-old international terrorism are 0.
Judge for yourself. No politics, just numbers.
Did US invaded those countries with the intension of taking their lands like Russia is doing to Ukraine?

I don't have the details all the invasion u listed here, and I'm definitely not saying US is right for invading all this countries, but it's not like Russia is any better, did Russia not also invade Afghanistan.

I can't even take what u wrote here as facts, because most of wat u listed were not invasion, u can't claim US invaded Libya, were u not aware of the Arab spring?

Most of Libyans wanted Gaddafi out, the man was killing his own citizens, pouring hot water on protesters. The citizens beg NATO to intervene, it Libyans that killed Gaddafi themselves not NATO.

That is not the same as what Russia is doing Ukraine.

Besides how does US wrong deeds give Russia the right to invade Ukraine, if Russia wants to vengeance they should invade US and all NATO countries, not Ukraine.

1 Like

Re: Peskov: We Have Suffered Losses But Our Mission Is To Prevent World War III by Techguy96(m): 7:06am On Apr 08, 2022
drlateef:

Russia is correct to say they don’t want Third World War because if Russia had allowed Ukraine to join NATO, an existential battle to save the soul of Russia from western invasion would have led to NATO fighting alongside Ukraine which will lead to a nuclear war. This early strike on Ukraine is to wake her up and prevent them from joining NATO, thereby preventing 3rd world war.
That is not true nor, NATO don't even have to be in Ukraine to start a war with Russia, besides they are already in other countries that border Russia.

NATO nations do business with Russia, so why would they fight a country that they do business with.
Re: Peskov: We Have Suffered Losses But Our Mission Is To Prevent World War III by InoGetJoy: 7:09am On Apr 08, 2022
Benny6944:

Op stop the noise.. roadside newspaper reader.
I'm still surprised you still believe this useless Russians with their blatant lies up and down. if WWIII should commence, how many nation can Russia take down? They can't even take down USA, not to talk about its allies, so what's your stupd lame point here? Same USA saved Russia from the hands of that big guy Hitler. go and make research den come back for argument. D worst thing research could do is go escalate matter because they will be buried.
US saved Russia from Hitler? hahahahahahaha....abeg go and look for a complete account of that war, and not one written to suit the narratives of the US. Believe me you'll be surprise when you do
Re: Peskov: We Have Suffered Losses But Our Mission Is To Prevent World War III by InoGetJoy: 7:12am On Apr 08, 2022
MPESA:

Just as the people who supports Russia invading a sovereign nation are doing it because they are Islamic fanatics.... #boom#.
Lolz....Rubbish talk. Hope you know Putin is an Orthodox Christian and Christianity is the major religion in Russia. Don't carry your Nigerian mentality of religious intolerance into this conflict
Re: Peskov: We Have Suffered Losses But Our Mission Is To Prevent World War III by Techguy96(m): 7:19am On Apr 08, 2022
peggywebbs:
I hope when all of this is over, all those who tagged us Putin Urchins will humbly accept defeat. Because at the end, logic will win over your sentiments. If you think Ukraine is coming out winning in all this, you're joking.

Putin is in his right mind, Putin isn't working alone and all of these decisions are backed by Russia. One man is not a country, at the end all of the weapons sent to Ukraine, will still be used for their criminal operations.

If you think Ukraine, is a saint go look up all the stories of the so called hero Zelensky by the western media. Ukraine is the most corrupt country in Europe and the poorest at that. They are home to human trafficking, organ harvesting, slavery, drugs and all unthinkable criminal activity. It's also home to the Neo-Nazi's the new brand of Nazis. Before Putin's attack, there was an eight year war going on the country, where they committed war crimes. Anyway, keep reading sensational headlines and following herd mentality.

Putin's urchins work with history, reason and reality. We won't shift our ground especially when we know what the outcome of all this will be.

if u know history so well, u will know how Putin got into power by bombing Russia n killing his own citizens then blaming the chenchen and start a war with an innocent country, portraying himself as a hero, this was how Putin became popular in Russia. The journalist that investigated the bombing and found out they were being carried out by Putin got missing n later found dead. Anyone that dares oppose him in Russia go missing or found dead.

Putin has never been in his right mind, Russia with all it's resources is not even richer than Spain, because Putin n his oligarchy has stolen everything. Putin might be the richest man in earth with an estimated worth of $600 billion. This is the kind of tyrant u are defending.

Look at how u are bastardizing a country just to make urself feel good about supporting the wrong of Russia.

If ur claim about Ukraine is right, then Russia might as well come and invade Nigeria.

You can believe what ever propaganda you want to believe, but this war is over this is the worst Russia can do, they are already retreating.

Losers.
Re: Peskov: We Have Suffered Losses But Our Mission Is To Prevent World War III by Ened(m): 7:19am On Apr 08, 2022
MangekyoAlt:
The moment the west started donating high tech defensive weapons en Masse to Ukraine, what did you expect? That said, Sure losing more than 2k troops is a tragedy for Russia. But it is what happens in a conventional warfare between two countries. When Germany attacked Poland with 2 million troops in WW2, despite their overwhelming superiority, they lost more than 59k troops within a month, and only managed to defeat Poland after 1 month and a half which even happened because the Soviet union attacked from the other side too nearly halfway into the invasion, overwhelming Poland in the process.
USA also in Vietnam faced their biggest humiliation when the Soviet union and China started donating high tech weapons to Vietnam to defend themselves with. After losing more than 60k troops, the almighty USA fled away from Vietnam with full speed grin with their tails in between their legs grin
BTW This war has just given everyone a glimpse of what actual modern warfare is. I'm having this feeling that the Era of tanks and infantry fighting vehicles (IFV) are over. The Era where tanks can overrun a stronghold is over, seeing as there are now TOW missiles that can take out a tank and its entire crew in just one hit unlike before that you use anti tank shells that would bounce off in the face of heavy armors. grin
All in all, Russia will NOT end up like USA in Vietnam. They will take over the entire eastern Ukraine and cut off zelensky from the black sea. Ukraine will become landlocked. The sooner the USA realizes this, stop sending weapons to Ukraine and push for diplomacy, the better. lord Putin might actually forgive them
Ur analysis is so poor & abysmal that it exposes ur half knowledge of world events .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Receives Beating Of His Life For Calling A Fuel Attendant 'monkey' In SA / Yevgeny Alexeyevic Urges Putin To Fire A Nuclear Missile At America As A Warning / President Trump, VP Pence React To US Capitol Invasion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.