Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,498 members, 7,843,509 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Why A Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Dead On Arrival - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why A Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Dead On Arrival (857 Views)

The Twitter User Traveling To Kano For Obi/kwankwaso Ticket Is Now In Kano (vid) / Text Message On Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is Fake - Tinubu Campaign Organization / Whoever Gets APC's Presidential Ticket Is In Big Trouble? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why A Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Dead On Arrival by TheRareGem1(f): 9:19am On Apr 08, 2022
I have listened to many arguments about Nigeria’s political future in the past, many more recently as we draw closely towards another election year, and given our very disparate reasoning as humans capable of independent thought, there are many of these promulgations I personally find ludicrous.

One that stands out among these is the reasoning that both most significant offices in the nation can be occupied by individuals of the same religious orientation. Now I do not argue for myself, I am not a very religious person and I care very little about what gods our political leaders pray to as long as we get results. However, an average Nigerian sees and thinks differently, especially since we are a nation of remarkably diverse setup.

The most notable problem with a Muslim-Muslim presidential ticket is the issue of representation. In this I find a tenable argument; with Nigeria being a country comprised of over 200 million people split approximately into 380 ethnic groups who hold innumerable religious beliefs roughly categorised into Islam, Christianity and Traditional religions, some may argue that we already even have a representation problem in choosing leaders who embody all of our individual orientations. This is probably only underemphasised because the majority of Nigerians who fall within these three categories have one of their own occupying certain offices. And assuming there aren’t even grave religious-based issues to be addressed — which exist — there is just an indication that you are well represented and seen.

This is one tacit understanding a Muslim-Muslim ticket first tends to upset.

It is also worth mentioning, that with the advent of the incumbent administration — which is notably made up of a practising Muslim and a Pastor — were virulent agitations against an unproven islamisation agenda, much later followed by a Christianisation allegation against the Vice President Yemi Osinbajo’s office.

I will leave to your imagination the possible reactions to this mono-recognition should it be encouraged outside beer parlour quips.

Furthermore, with Nigeria already being a nation with religiously-motivated insecurity issues on her hands, one can also logically argue that religious extremists who are adequately represented may feel emboldened to blatantly harbour all shades of aggression towards those of other beliefs who they now deem inferior.

In fact, it is rumoured that the only reason political juggernaut, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, was denied a place as running mate on President Muhammadu Buhari’s 2015 ticket, was the vehement objection by several notable party members who fluently articulated the dangers of a Muslim-Muslim ticket; first to their chances of success in claiming the ultimate prize, then to the peaceful ruling of a country as religiously diverse as Nigeria.

I will conclusively loosely add, that besides the message of division and alienation this ticket sends, is a rather sudden and needless disruption of a working status quo. Taking into account the political history of the country, never in its democracy has its affairs been overseen by such ticket — from the Olusegun Obasanjo administration till date — and considering how long this has been, this arrangement by now feels natural, speaking to balance and providing an illusion of fair distribution of power.
Re: Why A Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Dead On Arrival by Mooh247: 9:21am On Apr 08, 2022
cool

Re: Why A Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Dead On Arrival by Pdalds: 9:22am On Apr 08, 2022
Tomorrow they will start labelling agitators opposition party
Re: Why A Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Dead On Arrival by eddynaira125: 9:26am On Apr 08, 2022
A
Re: Why A Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Dead On Arrival by Truthisunique2: 10:04am On Apr 08, 2022
It has always been dead on arrival even the A-list northern politicians have rejected the leprous combination at various times when it was proposed by tinubu

From ribadu, atiku, buhari

Unfortunately tinubu would repeat same bigotry in sdp eventually

1 Like

Re: Why A Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Dead On Arrival by Truthisunique2: 10:07am On Apr 08, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

lalong is strongly in the buhari camp same with boss mustapha

Dogara is the one doing attached by force to tinubu, it doesn't change tinubu life long believe in Muslim Muslim ticket since abiola his mentor tried it

Northern Muslims would rather have a southern Christian represent them than a northern christian

Either way dead end for druggie in sdp
Re: Why A Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Dead On Arrival by Mooh247: 10:08am On Apr 08, 2022
Truthisunique2:
k

cool

We know by June you and your Ameachi would become irrelevant and oblivion

But for entertainment sake let me reply you

Since Atiku tried impeaching Obasanjo... No Presidential aspirants ever pick a strong Vice President candidate

Yaradua a strong Fulani nominated a drunkard from minority Otueke

Buhari Nominated Osinbajo a politician without political base or grassroot

Bola Ahmed Tinubu would also pick a Northern Christian with less political clout... And make String Fulani man his SSG

Re: Why A Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Dead On Arrival by WATCHOVER(m): 10:20am On Apr 08, 2022
Looking at the way Nigeria is programed, we can't do without considering this part,
For equal representation quota system was introduced.
love me or hate me am an advocate that the next president must be from another religion and Geographical zone
Re: Why A Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Dead On Arrival by flokii: 10:24am On Apr 08, 2022
This is the only move that can stop Tinubu from becoming president of Nigeria.. from the man's antecedents, he hardly listens to counsel of others and I see him walking directly into the trap of muslim-muslim ticket.

Look at states like Kaduna and Niger with muslim-muslim tickets and all political appointments for muslims.. see what those states have turned to.
Re: Why A Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Dead On Arrival by Truthisunique2: 11:27am On Apr 08, 2022
[s]
Mooh247:

cool

We know by June you and your Ameachi would become irrelevant and oblivion

But for entertainment sake let me reply you

Since Atiku tried impeaching Obasanjo... No Presidential aspirants ever pick a strong Vice President candidate

Buhari Nominated Osinbajo a politician without political base or grassroot

Bola Ahmed Tinubu would also pick a Northern Christian with less political clout... And make String Fulani man his SSG

[/s]trash

As Muslim Muslim is dead on arrival una dey masturbate for Christian

Have the druglord cum out to tell you he has business with northernern Christian

undecided grin cry una confusion just dey start
Re: Why A Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Dead On Arrival by Mooh247: 11:52am On Apr 08, 2022
Truthisunique2:
[s][/s]trash

As Muslim Muslim is dead on arrival una dey masturbate for Christian

Have the druglord cum out to tell you he has business with northernern Christian

undecided grin cry una confusion just dey start

I like how we keep you guys on the edge

You can't know our next move

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why A Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Dead On Arrival by Truthisunique2: 11:54am On Apr 08, 2022
Mooh247:

I like how we keep you guys on the edge

You can't know our next move
which move

Una when still dey beg buhari not to do consesus

Buhari owns the moves
Re: Why A Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Dead On Arrival by Mooh247: 11:58am On Apr 08, 2022
Truthisunique2:
which move

Una when still dey beg buhari not to do consesus

Buhari owns the moves

Naso we take send Otueke Drunkard back to Bayelsa... This game is ours... Watch and learn

You , Buhari, Ameachi your boss would be send back to the trenches

1 Like

Re: Why A Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Dead On Arrival by Truthisunique2: 12:03pm On Apr 08, 2022
Mooh247:

Naso we take send Otueke Drunkard back to Bayelsa... This game is ours... Watch and learn

You , Buhari, Ameachi your boss would be send back to the trenches
lol, joke on you

Buhari brought the 10million votes, npdp brought about 2million, una only carry una split 50/50 votes that helps nobody to add to a filled cup

I wonder why tilumbu couldn't kick GEJ to otueke with his ACN urchins
Re: Why A Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Dead On Arrival by trutharena: 12:44pm On Apr 08, 2022
flokii:
This is the only move that can stop Tinubu from becoming president of Nigeria.. from the man's antecedents, he hardly listens to counsel of others and I see him walking directly into the trap of muslim-muslim ticket.

Look at states like Kaduna and Niger with muslim-muslim tickets and all political appointments for muslims.. see what those states have turned to.

So what will be the fate of Muslim Yorubas?

That means as long as Nigeria remain, no Muslim Yoruba will be president?
Re: Why A Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Dead On Arrival by Ebunoluwa2020(f): 10:33pm On Apr 08, 2022
This is just a comon sense, a muslim muslim or christian christian ticket can't work and that is why I will recommend Osinbajo/Zulum or Osinbajo/El Rufai. God bless Nigeria
Re: Why A Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Dead On Arrival by lumaxyellow: 10:38pm On Apr 08, 2022
We say no to Muslim Muslim Ticket, Nigeria Is almost evenly divided into Christians and Muslims. So it is only fair that each religion is represented.
Re: Why A Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Dead On Arrival by Parachoko: 10:38pm On Apr 08, 2022
Mooh247:

Nobody from your family including you yourself fit reach the kin level Jonathan reach
Re: Why A Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Dead On Arrival by Parachoko: 10:41pm On Apr 08, 2022
flokii:

Tinubu will never make the mistake of choosing a muslim as his vice president.

He will lose woefully if he makes such a move.
Re: Why A Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Dead On Arrival by tit(f): 10:42pm On Apr 08, 2022
Tinubu/Dogara is a goal
Re: Why A Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Dead On Arrival by Thormiwah(m): 10:44pm On Apr 08, 2022
A Muslim-Muslim ticket is a freaking No No
Re: Why A Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Dead On Arrival by demitola(m): 11:00pm On Apr 08, 2022
It can never work, not in the Nigeria of today. And the Northerners would never allow a Christian minority to represent them at the presidential palace. I'm sorry, but this is a political hurdle Tinubu can't cross.

1 Like

Re: Why A Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Dead On Arrival by Davidic419: 11:01pm On Apr 08, 2022
We have said this countless times that it's a thought towards futility. Nigeria is a country that is religiously fragile and conscious. We need to be careful not to play into the hands of opportunists looking for an Avenue to strike down country. We've had enough bloodshed already, it's time to heal.

1 Like

Re: Why A Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Dead On Arrival by Jonwinter: 11:02pm On Apr 08, 2022
A Muslim/Muslim ticket shouldn't even come up for 2023 presidential elections.
Not been Islamphobic, but we already have 8 years of a Muslim and planning to have another 8 years which will probably lead to another more years of Muslim after the the Muslim/Muslim ticket must have finished their term
It's a NO NO.
Nigeria isn't an Islamic Country
Re: Why A Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Dead On Arrival by Wilson2013(m): 11:05pm On Apr 08, 2022
Those that are hell bent on foisting on us Muslim-Muslim presidential ticket in 2023 are not only devilish but insensitive to the religious differences in the country. This has never happened in our polity and it won't start in 2023. We are in a volatile situation more than ever. So the idea of Muslim Muslim ticket is indeed dead on arrival
Re: Why A Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Dead On Arrival by Jamesmusa123: 11:07pm On Apr 08, 2022
This will be a joke of the highest order, a Muslim is leaving, a Muslim want to move in with a Muslim vice in a country of different religion what kind of selfish act will that be, for this country to grow we must not ignore our reality, we must be sensitive to our religious issues. It is a no no no that can never fly, the party will be making a huge mistake to let that fly.

1 Like

Re: Why A Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Dead On Arrival by inioluwa03: 11:58pm On Apr 08, 2022
A Muslim Muslim ticket can't work in a multi religious nation like Nigeria
Re: Why A Muslim-muslim Ticket Is Dead On Arrival by inioluwa03: 12:03am On Apr 09, 2022
We cannot play game with the future of our great country by allowing some people to force a Muslim Muslim ticket on us starting with party chairman down to the President and the Vice President. If we do our generation will not forgive us

(1) (2) (Reply)

Live Pictures At Iwo City For The Opening Campaign Of Senator Ademola Adeleke / What Progress Did The Python Dance Achieve? / Video Of Tinubu Boasting He Made Buhari The President And "This Thing" Dapo Gov

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.