Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,801 members, 7,841,106 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Nnamdi Kanu: Jubilation Erupts In Owerri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu: Jubilation Erupts In Owerri (1599 Views)

Wild Jubilation Erupts In Catholic Charismatic Renewal As Peter Obi Was Called / Protest Erupts In Katsina Over Kidnap Of School Children / Anti-France Protest Erupts In Abuja As Shiites Burn Country's Flag (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu: Jubilation Erupts In Owerri by vicdom(m): 3:46pm On Apr 08, 2022
There was visible but subdued jubilation in Owerri and some of the adjoining communities yesterday, when the news that the Federal High Court, Abuja, presided over by Justice Binta Nyako, has struck out eight of the 15 criminal charges, levelled against the leader of Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, rented the social media.

Although all the markets, schools, banks, government offices and commercial activities were closed in Owerri, some restaurants and beer parlours were, however, seen playing host to scores of jubilant youths, who were relishing what they called “the preliminary victory of the IPOB leader”.

All the jubilant youths who spoke to Saturday Vanguard, on strict grounds of anonymity, were of the opinion that “this is the beginning of victory”.

In World Bank Housing Estate, New Owerri, a number of people wearing cheerful looks, were spotted in clusters, discussing the outcome of yesterday’s court ruling.

For Chukwuka: “We are cheerfully discussing the outcome of today’s (yesterday’s) outing, in Justice Nyako’s court. I have every cause to believe what I read on social media.

“Truth is constant and no matter how anybody or group of people try to suffocate it, it will survive the onslaught.

“I just wish the government will see reason and release this prisoner of conscience. He has had more than his fair share of suffering in detention. In this instance, I’ll say, to God be all the glory and praise.”

At the nearby Egbu community, a 35-year old lady, who simply identified herself as Ngozika, said: “I am very happy with the news that filtered into Owerri, from Abuja Federal High Court. It calls for jubilation and I have every reason to be happy. I thank the lawyers for doing a good job so far.

“You can see how free drinks are flowing almost endlessly. You can also hear the views of the jubilant youths. I am truly short of words to describe how happy we are, over the news.”

As of the time of going to press, vehicular traffic had resumed and a passenger in one of the commuter buses said: “We need to go and celebrate Nnamdi Kanu wherever we can have fun. This is another great day in this struggle.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/04/nnamdi-kanu-jubilation-erupts-in-owerri/

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Jubilation Erupts In Owerri by Gidyonz: 3:59pm On Apr 08, 2022
grin
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Jubilation Erupts In Owerri by Okoroawusa: 4:00pm On Apr 08, 2022
Anakogheri

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Jubilation Erupts In Owerri by Sergio104(m): 4:01pm On Apr 08, 2022
shocked
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Jubilation Erupts In Owerri by FoolaniHellman: 4:02pm On Apr 08, 2022
Illiterates!!!

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Jubilation Erupts In Owerri by Godjone(m): 4:04pm On Apr 08, 2022
The government should hasten up the process of freeing this man so that there will be peace in the east. The present situation in the east is as a result of agitation from different groups who are showing solidarity to their leader.

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Jubilation Erupts In Owerri by Tofax: 4:04pm On Apr 08, 2022
I don't understand this news from Vanguard. Kanu case was today, so what did Vanguard mean by the yesterday judgement?

Today is Friday but I'm seeing Saturday Vanguard.
"All the jubilant youths who spoke to Saturday Vanguard"

"For Chukwuka: “We are cheerfully discussing the outcome of today’s (yesterday’s) outing, in Justice Nyako’s court. I have every cause to believe what I read on social media."

"There was visible but subdued jubilation in Owerri and some of the adjoining communities yesterday, when the news that the Federal High Court, Abuja, presided over by Justice Binta Nyako, has struck out eight of the 15 criminal charges, levelled against the leader of Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, rented the social media."

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Jubilation Erupts In Owerri by WATCHOVER(m): 4:09pm On Apr 08, 2022
Poor reports from Vanguard
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Jubilation Erupts In Owerri by Tofax: 4:12pm On Apr 08, 2022
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Jubilation Erupts In Owerri by benuejosh: 4:14pm On Apr 08, 2022
They are happy he wasn't released.

By the time they are done with that man, each time they are singing the Nigeria National Anthem, he won't only stand still but he will prostrate in honour of the great country Nigeria. He will become the most senior advocate of One Nigeria.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Jubilation Erupts In Owerri by colorsofrainbow: 4:30pm On Apr 08, 2022
benuejosh:
They are happy he wasn't released.

By the time they are done with that man, each time they are singing the Nigeria National Anthem, he won't only stand still but he will prostrate in honour of the great country Nigeria. He will become the most senior advocate of One Nigeria.

Cry slowly.. just slowly.

6 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Jubilation Erupts In Owerri by heniford2: 4:33pm On Apr 08, 2022
Tofax:

Very poor reporting & professionalism from Vanguard.
very poor journalism kia grin cheesy but i feel the air is a little bit calm
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Jubilation Erupts In Owerri by jmoore(m): 4:46pm On Apr 08, 2022
We know only illiterates support IPOB. That's why they are jubilating, thinking he has been freed.
A group that decided to chase away students from school in the name of sit at home is definitely dumb to understand simple English.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Jubilation Erupts In Owerri by jmoore(m): 4:49pm On Apr 08, 2022
Godjone:
The government should hasten up the process of freeing this man so that there will be peace in the east. The present situation in the east is as a result of agitation from different groups who are showing solidarity to their leader.
There was violence by IPOB before Nnamdi Kanu was arrested.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Jubilation Erupts In Owerri by chrisxxx(m): 4:49pm On Apr 08, 2022
jmoore:
We know only illiterates support IPOB. That's why they are jubilating, thinking he has been freed.
A group that decided to chase away students from school in the name of sit at home is definitely dumb to understand simple English.
Most radical changes the world has seen were spearheaded by perceived illiterates.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Jubilation Erupts In Owerri by jmoore(m): 4:55pm On Apr 08, 2022
chrisxxx:

Most radical changes the world has seen were spearheaded by perceived illiterates.
Yeah like Bokoharam, ISWAP and Taliban.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Jubilation Erupts In Owerri by Mysticwebb: 5:09pm On Apr 08, 2022
Tofax:
I don't understand this news from Vanguard. Kanu case was today, so what did Vanguard mean by the yesterday judgement?

Today is Friday but I'm seeing Saturday Vanguard.
"All the jubilant youths who spoke to Saturday Vanguard"

"For Chukwuka: “We are cheerfully discussing the outcome of today’s (yesterday’s) outing, in Justice Nyako’s court. I have every cause to believe what I read on social media."

"There was visible but subdued jubilation in Owerri and some of the adjoining communities yesterday, when the news that the Federal High Court, Abuja, presided over by Justice Binta Nyako, has struck out eight of the 15 criminal charges, levelled against the leader of Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, rented the social media."
More like this news was meant to be published tomorrow but somehow, one overzealous staff released it today.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Jubilation Erupts In Owerri by fourboys: 5:17pm On Apr 08, 2022
embarassed embarassed
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Jubilation Erupts In Owerri by Emergingnation3(m): 5:27pm On Apr 08, 2022
FoolaniHellman:
Illiterates!!!
Ab0ki calling Igbo illiterate, wonder shall never ceased... grin grin

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Jubilation Erupts In Owerri by sukar886: 5:31pm On Apr 08, 2022
He will soon be out
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Jubilation Erupts In Owerri by Emergingnation3(m): 5:32pm On Apr 08, 2022
Kanu indeed present the entirety of Ndigbo.. grin grin

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Jubilation Erupts In Owerri by Austin4lif: 5:35pm On Apr 08, 2022
FoolaniHellman:
Illiterates!!!
are you more educated then them? Pls what is your last academic qualifications?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: Jubilation Erupts In Owerri by Cantona05: 5:39pm On Apr 08, 2022
Free d man let peace be in the land

(1) (Reply)

Buhari, Tinubu And Osinbajo Are Playing Games .. / Ibadan is Africa’s second fastest growing city for 2022 – UN-Habitat / Ikpeazu LGA Chairman,others Dump Pdp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.