Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,763 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos (6343 Views)

Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. / Fantastic: My First Snow Experience In Europe 2020 (photos, Video) / Turkey Visa Application Delay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos by Xadena: 7:59pm On Apr 08, 2022
Have you gotten to the terminal only to wait for hours and hours without getting a bus thereby causing delay and time wastage.

Is this about fuel scarcity?

Is this as a result of poor management?

Is this a result of limited players in the sector?

Ikorodu, Ikeja, Obalende, Ikeja, Abule-egba, Yaba.

1 Like

Re: Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos by JoyousFurnitire(m): 8:16pm On Apr 08, 2022
Not fuel scarcity, It's poor management. The BRT agency doesn't work with data. I've spent well over 3 hrs (countless times) waiting for bus at the Obalende terminal (Obalende - Oshodi) in the evening.

Sometimes the bus(es) won't arrive and we'll have to go board private and other public transportation.

Also poor road network and traffic are contributing factors as most of these buses get stuck in traffic hence delays in return trip.

14 Likes

Re: Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos by Skillsnigeria: 6:57am On Apr 09, 2022
grin
Re: Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos by Tetrahedron: 6:57am On Apr 09, 2022
Make dem no rape people oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos by Memyselfu2009(m): 6:57am On Apr 09, 2022
Honestly i dont know what to say anymore.

POOOR MANAGEMENT SYSTEM OR THE DONT CARE HOW COMMUTER FEEL

1 Like

Re: Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos by Ezedon(m): 6:58am On Apr 09, 2022
Nothing to share cus I've not been to Lagos

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos by wolesmile(m): 6:58am On Apr 09, 2022
More a result of poor management.
Re: Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos by eedimo(m): 7:00am On Apr 09, 2022
I don't do BRT.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos by sekzy99(m): 7:01am On Apr 09, 2022
JoyousFurnitire:
Not fuel scarcity, It's poor management. The BRT agency doesn't work with data. I've spent well over 3 hrs (countless times) waiting for bus at the Obalende terminal (Obalende - Oshodi) in the evening.

Sometimes the bus(es) won't arrive and we'll have to go board private and other public transportation.

Also poor road network and traffic are contributing factors as most of these buses get stuck in traffic hence delays in return trip.
this. is 100% correct. It's more of poor management

4 Likes

Re: Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos by FalseProphet1(m): 7:02am On Apr 09, 2022
Females are scared of being raped, while males are scared of loosing their organs, hence they patronize danfo buses thereby leaving BRT buses empty.

This I have seen.

7 Likes

Re: Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos by observer88: 7:02am On Apr 09, 2022
Back in the day, the Oworonshoki terminal used to be notorious for such. Sometimes, we would be in a queue for hours awaiting the arrival of a bus...and this was when COVID-19 was still at its peak. Imagine wearing a face-mask in a 500plus strong queue!

3 Likes

Re: Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos by Ifakiland(m): 7:02am On Apr 09, 2022
Xadena:
Have you gotten to the terminal only to wait for hours and hours without getting a bus thereby causing delay and time wastage.

Is this about fuel scarcity?

Is this as a result of poor management?

Is this a result of limited players in the sector?

Ikorodu, Ikeja, Obalende, Ikeja, Abule-egba, Yaba.
How can we have only one company running brt and you expect it to favour the customers?? It can't na....imagine having only mtn or glo as a sole network provider or only firstbank as a sole saving account provider....

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos by Pojomojo: 7:03am On Apr 09, 2022
wink
After the Bamise saga, I don't enter BRT again. I returned to my car.

If you interested in crypto learning check my signature or m y c r y p t o n g on telegram
Re: Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos by Bosenan: 7:04am On Apr 09, 2022
It's a combination of poor mgt, greed & fuel scarcity that has almost grind their operation to a halt. I can't imagine why a supposed private company that rakes in millions a day would refuse to settle its debt with its fuel supplier if not for greed and mismanagement.

If you visit their terminals at Oshodi n Yaba you will see 100s of operational buses parked with their drivers idling away without any care whatsoever with regards to the suffering business.

This is why corruption in any form is discouraged globally. When you hand over assets built and purchased with public funds to a kin of a powerful godfather in the name of private sector participation, you should naturally expect mismanagement since no personal fund was involved in the setup

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos by immortal2: 7:05am On Apr 09, 2022
Its the greed of the people running the system.

Nothing stops them from letting people buy into the franchise so that more vehicles will be in the system. All they have to do is to sign NDAs and MOUs specifying the requirements for interested private sector participants. Once this is done, people like Ekenedilichukwu, Chisco and the likes will bring in 1000 units of the vehicles and make commuting comfortable for the people. These guys are already working with some multinational manufacturing companies to efficiently manage haulage of their products. Lets even assume that tribalism is very real, what stops the LASG from allowing more investors to buy into the franchise?

10 Likes

Re: Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos by humberjade: 7:06am On Apr 09, 2022
Nigeria is far behind in virtually everything. There is nothing we seem to be doing right in that country. Apart from the fact that the transportation network in Lagos needs to be digitalised, more importantly however, the govt needs to find a means to decongest Lagos roads...open the water ways more...ensure the completion of 4th mainland bridge in earnest...because as far as the roads are still congested, BRT and other related buses will be coming late.

And finally most service based companies in the Nigeria lack respect for their customers, they believe they are king.

In some countries, there are applications linked to all their transportation networks....you can see animated movement of trains, trams and buses...you know how far out they are...even if you have to connect 10 means of transportation to your destination...the apps directs you and gives you the accurate departure and arrival time of each train and bus. Although there few times some are delayed or canceled, but you won't be left in the dark.

Transportation is a gold mine, and if throughly and strategically operated and managed can bring fortunes to the govt and private investors. Countries like Germany makes a fortune from it. You dare not ride in any of the public means without a ticket...you ride free and get caught, you get fined an equivalent of 30k naira each time you are caught, and you must pay it. For these reasons, they make sure they keep all commuters well informed and taken care of.

8 Likes

Re: Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos by ReubenE(m): 7:09am On Apr 09, 2022
It should be BRT stealing experience by Primero...

Especially Oshodi corridor
Re: Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos by WibusJaga: 7:10am On Apr 09, 2022

So police has not come out to tell us exactly what happened in thst Bamise murder despite arresting the principal witness/suspect.
No further arrests?

3 Likes

Re: Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos by Stormyweather(m): 7:12am On Apr 09, 2022
The delay is on purpose

1 Like

Re: Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos by EmmaLege: 7:12am On Apr 09, 2022
Poor management cry maintenance is 0% cry cry cry
Re: Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos by BarrElChapo(m): 7:16am On Apr 09, 2022
Lolz like every other day and on every route undecided
Re: Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos by Teewhy0709(m): 7:16am On Apr 09, 2022
We have like three private companies running Brt

quote author=Ifakiland post=111780195]
How can we have only one company running brt and you expect it to favour the customers?? It can't na....imagine having only mtn or glo as a sole network provider or only firstbank as a sole saving account provider....[/quote]
Re: Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos by shoboy9: 7:19am On Apr 09, 2022
Mostly poor management. Even before fuel crisis, you will see buses loading in a terminal where there are few passengers and the longest queues get ignored. And all the while, empty buses will be waiting at other terminals. With fuel problem, it's even worse.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos by Teewhy0709(m): 7:24am On Apr 09, 2022
It's due to poor management and present Lagos state govt does not care because it's not his vision

Bolade oshodi terminal, You have to go through the eye of the needle just to get inside brt to abule egba from oshodi

The trend now is that,they will park brt buses close to brown street and call them to come after one finish loading,the reason they do this is that as many as possible will enter standing,making people believe that's the last brt bus loading. You need to see how overloaded the brt bus is.....but who cares ...this is Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos by Fryzi(m): 7:31am On Apr 09, 2022
Is living in Lagos also includes 1,000 ways to die?
Re: Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos by liricaliblunt(f): 7:37am On Apr 09, 2022
Add Berger terminal to this . About 2 weeks ago, it was hell getting a bus. After the first loading, subsequent one won't come till about 2hrs.

More discouraging is that none of the staff will deem it fit to explain the delay, rather they will disappear.

In fairness to them, it got better this Friday. Rather than wait eternity, I only spent about 30mins waiting.

Yaba to Berger is another wahala. Wondering why that big a terminal and never a bus on ground.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos by Fapemz: 7:38am On Apr 09, 2022
cry
Re: Share Your BRT Delay Experience In Lagos by GreaterFuture6: 7:40am On Apr 09, 2022
Well yeah, long queues are almost synonymous with BRTs generally

See this BRT discussion thread >> https://www.nairaland.com/6970936/lagos-brt-users-discussion-thread
Let's help mitigate issues like this in the thread

I have a 10 tonnes, sound Benz tipper truck available for sale

Newly Coupled Mercedes 911 dump truck (Tipper) For Sale.
10 tonnes
Colour: Green
Type: Tipper
Fuel type: Diesel
General State: Standard. Truck is in top condition.

Technical Features
Transmission: Manual
Power: 110 hp
No. of cylinders: 6
Cooling: Water cooling System.
Power Steering
Manual Gearbox

Wheel Arrangements
Front axle: Single tyres
Rear axle: Double tyres (six tyres total)
Equipped with shock absorbers at both front and rear axle
Price -- ₦8.5M

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need List Of Overseas Universities Accepting Nigerian Bsc Result / Nigerian In The U. K Are Very Greedy And Selfish. / Things Needed For Customs At Lagos Airport?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.