Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,738 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Energy Crisis: Grid Recovers To 751MW As FG Pledges Action On Reliability - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Energy Crisis: Grid Recovers To 751MW As FG Pledges Action On Reliability (12407 Views)

FG Pledges More Dollar Supply To Stabilise Naira / Gov Adeleke Attends Lautech Convocation, Pledges Action on NAOS Requests(photos) / FG Pledges To Increase Minimum Wage Of Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Energy Crisis: Grid Recovers To 751MW As FG Pledges Action On Reliability by iwaeda: 3:22pm On Apr 09, 2022
The Federal Government has assured consumers that it was working to fully restore the electricity national grid which collapsed on Friday evening.

The collapse was the third in the past month as the energy crisis facing the country deepened.

Checks by Sunday Vanguard showed that as at 2 pm on Saturday the grid has been restored to 751.5 Megawatts with five power plants generating.

The plants were: Kainji Hydro (310MW), Omotosho NIPP (179.70MW), Omotosho Gas (96.40MW), Olorunsogo NIPP (80MW) and Trans-Amadi Gas (85.40MW).

The Minister of Power, Engr. Abubakar D. Aliyu in a statement by his Media Aide, Isa Sanusi disclosed that the government was investigating the cause of the latest collapse.

The Minister said: “We wish to notify the general public of the incidence of a system collapse which occurred at 1830hrs on April 8th, 2022 resulting in power outages in many parts of the country.

“While a detailed investigation into the immediate and remote causes of the recurring grid failure is currently ongoing by the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission and System Operator (the operator of the national grid), the process of restoring supply is ongoing with some sections of the national grid already energised and supply restored to consumers.

“We wish to assure Nigerians that the Federal Government is working assiduously to deliver on the much-needed reforms and investments, including SCADA, that are critical to improving the capacity and reliability of the national grid. This is in line with the Mr. President’s directives on closing infrastructure deficits in critical sectors of the Nigerian economy”, he added.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/04/energy-crisis-grid-recovers-to-751mw-as-fg-pledges-action-on-reliability/

Re: Energy Crisis: Grid Recovers To 751MW As FG Pledges Action On Reliability by BIGTinfotech: 3:24pm On Apr 09, 2022
Change in progress!

1 Like

Re: Energy Crisis: Grid Recovers To 751MW As FG Pledges Action On Reliability by iwaeda: 3:24pm On Apr 09, 2022
Lori iro grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Energy Crisis: Grid Recovers To 751MW As FG Pledges Action On Reliability by Parachoko: 3:26pm On Apr 09, 2022
I will believe when I see power supply.

I've not seen power supply since yesterday evening.

33 Likes

Re: Energy Crisis: Grid Recovers To 751MW As FG Pledges Action On Reliability by helinues: 3:27pm On Apr 09, 2022
Heathrow airport power consumption daily could be more than our daily electricity generating.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Energy Crisis: Grid Recovers To 751MW As FG Pledges Action On Reliability by olasaad(f): 3:27pm On Apr 09, 2022
Yeah it has been restored in my area in Ilorin

3 Likes

Re: Energy Crisis: Grid Recovers To 751MW As FG Pledges Action On Reliability by WATCHOVER(m): 3:29pm On Apr 09, 2022
The power facilities in Nigeria is experiencing High Blood Pressure

25 Likes

Re: Energy Crisis: Grid Recovers To 751MW As FG Pledges Action On Reliability by iwaeda: 4:22pm On Apr 09, 2022
WATCHOVER:
The power facilities in Nigeria is experiencing High Blood Pressure

Ahah, is this how we will be last last we will be alright grin grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Energy Crisis: Grid Recovers To 751MW As FG Pledges Action On Reliability by MAGG0T(m): 5:28pm On Apr 09, 2022
cheesy

Useless party that came in the wheels of power with lies and propaganda...

Only imbêciles still root and support this useless administration...

Nothing is working anymore

24 Likes

Re: Energy Crisis: Grid Recovers To 751MW As FG Pledges Action On Reliability by SIMONEKPA7: 5:28pm On Apr 09, 2022
Not again..... Who do us this thing... Collapsing of grid is now every week occurrence

2 Likes

Re: Energy Crisis: Grid Recovers To 751MW As FG Pledges Action On Reliability by iampeterben(m): 5:29pm On Apr 09, 2022
Story abi nor be Bubu again? So story ni full this regime.

2 Likes

Re: Energy Crisis: Grid Recovers To 751MW As FG Pledges Action On Reliability by Franchise21(m): 5:29pm On Apr 09, 2022
OK
Re: Energy Crisis: Grid Recovers To 751MW As FG Pledges Action On Reliability by FuckDModz: 5:30pm On Apr 09, 2022
Incompetency everywhere!

What are they doing to prevent a future collapse of the Grid? How many incompetent people will be fired for this?

Your guess is as good as mine.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Energy Crisis: Grid Recovers To 751MW As FG Pledges Action On Reliability by God1000(m): 5:30pm On Apr 09, 2022
What a shame

2 Likes

Re: Energy Crisis: Grid Recovers To 751MW As FG Pledges Action On Reliability by fitinwell: 5:30pm On Apr 09, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Energy Crisis: Grid Recovers To 751MW As FG Pledges Action On Reliability by TheLoanGuy: 5:31pm On Apr 09, 2022
But I never see light

1 Like

Re: Energy Crisis: Grid Recovers To 751MW As FG Pledges Action On Reliability by Proudlycanadian: 5:31pm On Apr 09, 2022
Nigeria is loosing its stronghold in Africa. Our leaders are demons

6 Likes

Re: Energy Crisis: Grid Recovers To 751MW As FG Pledges Action On Reliability by pat077: 5:32pm On Apr 09, 2022
Wahala be like Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Energy Crisis: Grid Recovers To 751MW As FG Pledges Action On Reliability by donnam(m): 5:32pm On Apr 09, 2022
It's been 7.5 yrs and u are still blaming Jonathan.
Re: Energy Crisis: Grid Recovers To 751MW As FG Pledges Action On Reliability by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:33pm On Apr 09, 2022
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

A better Nigeria all around is all we want @[b][/b].

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Energy Crisis: Grid Recovers To 751MW As FG Pledges Action On Reliability by Brendaniel: 5:33pm On Apr 09, 2022
[s]
post=111795585:
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

A better Nigeria all around is all we want @[/b].
[/s]

With constant power failure enabled by a constant traveling heartless president, [b]oga continue, that thing you are looking for you will see it...

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Energy Crisis: Grid Recovers To 751MW As FG Pledges Action On Reliability by obinnajohnson: 5:34pm On Apr 09, 2022
Buhari should just carry his bad luck and go in 2023. How can everything turn negative within 7 years of his maladministration!

9 Likes

Re: Energy Crisis: Grid Recovers To 751MW As FG Pledges Action On Reliability by Cutezt(m): 5:34pm On Apr 09, 2022
Give us jobs, dem say no, okay, give us light let us use to create our own jobs, dem no gree, okay give us fuel to take run our gen so we can create work, dem still no gree, you spend hours queing for fuel, time that you should have used to learn something new.

Rubbish and nonsense country, every single week, I spend not less than 7k on fueling my gen, I had to buy a small 1.8kva gen just to be able to use as less fuel as possible. For the last 6 days now, no light, I know of areas that have even forgotten that they are connected to the grid, yet if you see billings?

I will just go solar and have peace of mind.

This country is useless and unsaveable, only God can save this country, nobody else.

13 Likes

Re: Energy Crisis: Grid Recovers To 751MW As FG Pledges Action On Reliability by FireUpNow(m): 5:35pm On Apr 09, 2022
Stories every is everything in Nigeria
Re: Energy Crisis: Grid Recovers To 751MW As FG Pledges Action On Reliability by Eriokanmi: 5:37pm On Apr 09, 2022
Hmmm. But after the breakdown and repair of the national grid was first reported, I've not noticed any improvement on power supply. Even now that it broke down again, what's the difference?. Mthcheew

2 Likes

Re: Energy Crisis: Grid Recovers To 751MW As FG Pledges Action On Reliability by BizBayo: 5:38pm On Apr 09, 2022
Na NATIONAL GREED dey cause energy crisis

3 Likes

Re: Energy Crisis: Grid Recovers To 751MW As FG Pledges Action On Reliability by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:39pm On Apr 09, 2022
For how long?

1 Like

Re: Energy Crisis: Grid Recovers To 751MW As FG Pledges Action On Reliability by Validated: 5:39pm On Apr 09, 2022
post=111795585:
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

A better Nigeria all around is all we want @[b][/b].
Your daddy and his party is a disaster

12 Likes

Re: Energy Crisis: Grid Recovers To 751MW As FG Pledges Action On Reliability by Perfecttouchade: 5:42pm On Apr 09, 2022
No power supply since yesterday and for the past 2months it's been hell of a Poor supply

5 Likes

Re: Energy Crisis: Grid Recovers To 751MW As FG Pledges Action On Reliability by Badonasty(m): 5:44pm On Apr 09, 2022
Lol….the largest economy in Africa my foot

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: Nigeria Needs Those Willing To Serve — Osinbajo / Region That Inspired Me, Hate Them Love Them They Keep Moving Forward / Five Useful Idiots And The Spirit Of The Accursed Slave (PART 2) By FFK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.