Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,518 members, 7,847,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:47 AM

I’m Coming Home Soon, Says Sunday Igboho - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Coming Home Soon, Says Sunday Igboho (624 Views)

2023 Presidency: Decision Will Be Made Known Soon, Says Wike / Yoruba Will Break-away From Nigeria Latest By December, Says Sunday Igboho / Server Controversy: I Will Open Up Soon, Says INEC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Coming Home Soon, Says Sunday Igboho by ijustdey: 12:00pm On Apr 10, 2022
Yoruba Nation agitator, Sunday Adeyemo aka Sunday Igboho has assured supporters of his commitment to the Yoruba Nation struggle.

Igboho spoke during a conversation with the leader of the Ilana Omo Oodua, Prof Banji Akintoye and his deputy, Prof Wale Adeniran monitored by The Nation.

Igboho, while thanking his supporters after the recent conditional release, debunked various reports that he was down with health-related issues in detention.

He noted that he enjoyed maximum freedom courtesy of Benin Republic President, Patrice Athanase Talon.

He said that during his seven months of incarceration in the Benin Republic prison, he never fell sick as being erroneously carried about, describing those behind the “fake news” as uninformed.

Igboho,who spoke in Yoruba, thanked those who stood by him during his trying period, especially, notable Yoruba leaders, legal counsel and his wife as well as family members.

“I want to thank everyone, I want everyone to be calm. I won’t betray you all. This is me here. I’m fine, hale and healthy.

“Yoruba struggle will remain, and it will be stronger. Yorubas are suffering and smiling. They are killing, kidnapping and doing all sort in Yorubaland and we are not talking.

“I’m coming back home soon. I’m a true son of the soil. One cannot be scared of his father’s home. Nothing will happen and no one will be scared of anyone.

“All that I’ve asked the Federal Government they are yet to answer, and the court has ruled in my favour. Asides from the judgement in Benin Republic, I’m coming to follow up with my judgement in Nigeria. Federal Government must pay my money. It is 20bn.

“When I get back to my base in Ibadan, I will thank everyone specially again. You will see me well. Dear Yorubas, don’t be scared, Igboho is back.”

While thanking president Talon, he said: “There were so many rumors, and that he (President Talon) collected money from Nigeria’s president, and has betrayed the Yoruba struggle. All were lies. Look at me, do I look like someone who went to Prison? Help me thank the president. I’m very strong, hale and hearty. All my needs were catered for while in prison.”

He stated there would have been no reason for agitation in Nigeria if the government had developed the country and protected the lives and properties of the citizens the way the government of Benin Republic had done for its people.

“If Nigeria was like Benin Republic, I would have not bothered myself with any struggle. Look at how Benin Republic has developed so well. I’ve been shuffling through Benin since 1996.

“For those seven months, there was no blackout and we never ran out of water. I was stunned. Foreigners are trooping into Benin Republic; the government is building infrastructure and the President is investigating the projects.

“The people of Benin Republic ought to appreciate God for the kind of leader He has given them. If we have such a government in Nigeria, no one will agitate. Citizens will be happy in a country where the government provides stable power supply, adequate security, and adequate water supply, because that is a good government,” he said.

Speaking on how he felt when they informed him of his release from prison, he said: “The day I was released, I was playing “Ayo” with an inmate, and a police came, he said “Chief come, where is your lawyer? He said call your wife and lawyer, your father is around (Baba Akintoye). President has released you.

“I was shocked and asked him to show me a document to that effect. It was written in French. It took the efforts of another inmate to interpret it and he told me I’ve been released and that was how I believed. When I called my lawyer, they told me they were on their way and were already aware of my freedom. I thought I was dreaming.

“The lawyers stood by me, and they said I should be calm despite the charges that they wanted to investigate against me.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/im-coming-home-soon-says-sunday-igboho/

lalasticlala
Re: I’m Coming Home Soon, Says Sunday Igboho by Nendans: 12:01pm On Apr 10, 2022
I pity for this man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Coming Home Soon, Says Sunday Igboho by Beremx(f): 12:03pm On Apr 10, 2022
The struggle continues...

God bless Odua Republic
God bless Biafra
God bless any ethnic group that wants to secede from Nigeria

1 Like

Re: I’m Coming Home Soon, Says Sunday Igboho by tamdun: 12:04pm On Apr 10, 2022
grin
U r welcome
Re: I’m Coming Home Soon, Says Sunday Igboho by Amerengues2: 12:05pm On Apr 10, 2022
Hmm

Igboho, I want you to understand today that the struggle of liberation isn't a child's play especially a country like ours where the normal is abnormal.

You should have learnt so many lessons about human beings in entirety. It is when in problem you know who is who. By the way, I wish you also learn how to express your grievances in a more civil and accepted ways.
Re: I’m Coming Home Soon, Says Sunday Igboho by joe54: 12:05pm On Apr 10, 2022
Ok
Your personal room is waiting for you at DSS underground cell.
Cause trouble!!!! You benefitted from the system you now condemn.
Fugitive like your colleague the dilector.

1 Like

Re: I’m Coming Home Soon, Says Sunday Igboho by alsudan: 12:06pm On Apr 10, 2022
Igboho don’t allow selfish SW politicians use you or the incoming Government of CRA or PGO will treat you in the Language you understand.
Re: I’m Coming Home Soon, Says Sunday Igboho by immortalcrown(m): 12:07pm On Apr 10, 2022
How many times you go home? No be you dem say dem don release?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Coming Home Soon, Says Sunday Igboho by Anthonyoz(m): 12:09pm On Apr 10, 2022
Nnamdi kanu wanna be .

Ok continue.

1 Like

Re: I’m Coming Home Soon, Says Sunday Igboho by delpee(f): 12:10pm On Apr 10, 2022
Perhaps he should stay away for now.
Re: I’m Coming Home Soon, Says Sunday Igboho by Earlystar698(m): 12:11pm On Apr 10, 2022
Them Don humble am cheesy,

1 Like

Re: I’m Coming Home Soon, Says Sunday Igboho by Karlovich: 12:11pm On Apr 10, 2022
embarassed As a proud Osun indigene I admire your courage, the entire Yorubaland respect you more than the money laundering hoodlum from Iragbiji that has abandoned our people and plans to sell our birthright to the north for selfish reasons.
Re: I’m Coming Home Soon, Says Sunday Igboho by inoki247: 12:15pm On Apr 10, 2022
lol at least he knows the way home not like some people dat dey av to smuggle dem bak home like illegal substance....
Re: I’m Coming Home Soon, Says Sunday Igboho by Kazeem47(m): 12:18pm On Apr 10, 2022
joe54:
Ok
Your personal room is waiting for you at DSS underground cell.
Cause trouble!!!! You benefitted from the system you now condemn.
Fugitive like your colleague the dilector.
you too like vawulence.

Re: I’m Coming Home Soon, Says Sunday Igboho by Kazeem47(m): 12:19pm On Apr 10, 2022
inoki247:
lol at least he knows the way home not like some people dat dey av to smuggle dem bak home like illegal substance....
no vawulence pls.Today is Sunday. grin

Re: I’m Coming Home Soon, Says Sunday Igboho by slimfit1(m): 12:19pm On Apr 10, 2022
Please don't come oh, we have animals ruling us just go to a country ruled by human beings. Go to Germany or UK. In fact, come and do a tour in Europe and America.
Re: I’m Coming Home Soon, Says Sunday Igboho by Bastard1stborn: 12:35pm On Apr 10, 2022
You are welcome. We will visit anambra together. They need you there bro
Re: I’m Coming Home Soon, Says Sunday Igboho by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 10, 2022
I dare him to step his foot in Nigeria cheesy cheesy grin Nobi to come online and make noise oh
Re: I’m Coming Home Soon, Says Sunday Igboho by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:52pm On Apr 10, 2022
Sunday Igboho is greater than Awolowo and Tinubu. A man with balls.
Re: I’m Coming Home Soon, Says Sunday Igboho by FoolaniHellman: 12:57pm On Apr 10, 2022
Nendans:
I pity for this man

Keep your pity for Nnamdi Kanu!

Clown
Re: I’m Coming Home Soon, Says Sunday Igboho by FoolaniHellman: 12:58pm On Apr 10, 2022
Anthonyoz:
Nnamdi kanu wanna be .

Ok continue.

Wailer!
Re: I’m Coming Home Soon, Says Sunday Igboho by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 12:59pm On Apr 10, 2022
the same can not be said about Cownu because that boy is not leaving our Zoo till after 24 years like Mandera
Re: I’m Coming Home Soon, Says Sunday Igboho by FoolaniHellman: 12:59pm On Apr 10, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Sunday Igboho is greater than Awolowo and Tinubu. A man with balls.

Ijele is far greater than 1000 Nnamdi Kanu, Coward Ojukwu, Azikiwe and your Father!
Re: I’m Coming Home Soon, Says Sunday Igboho by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 1:01pm On Apr 10, 2022
Bonesbreaker:
I dare him to step his foot in Nigeria cheesy cheesy grin Nobi to come online and make noise oh
Kanu that did not step his foot in Nigeria is in our DSS cage eating watery half done beans
Re: I’m Coming Home Soon, Says Sunday Igboho by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 1:42pm On Apr 10, 2022
Nendans:
I pity for this man

grin
Re: I’m Coming Home Soon, Says Sunday Igboho by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 1:50pm On Apr 10, 2022
Ndimkpurummiri:
Kanu that did not step his foot in Nigeria is in our DSS cage eating watery half done beans

gringringrin grin grin grin grin
Re: I’m Coming Home Soon, Says Sunday Igboho by 1864rru: 3:10am On Apr 11, 2022
[s]
Ndimkpurummiri:
the same can not be said about Cownu because that boy is not leaving our Zoo till after 24 years like Mandera
[/s]

(1) (Reply)

2023: Plateau APC Holds Rally For Tinubu As Consensus Candidate / Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos / Rights Of Osinbajo, Tinubu, Others To Contest Affirmed At APC South-west Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.