Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

What Game Are You Currently Playing? - Gaming (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / What Game Are You Currently Playing? (775148 Views)

What Game Are You Currently Playing On Ps2 Plattforms Only... / Which Game Are You Currently Playing? / What Game Can You Play 100times Without Getting Bored And Tired Of It??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (498) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by Proffdada: 8:34am On Nov 19, 2014
EvilBrain1:

Most high end games don't use more than 30% of the recent i5's processing power and many don't use more than 2 cores. The main bottleneck is the GPU not the CPU. In modern gaming the graphics card is the star of the show and all you need from your CPU is to keep the graphics card fed which an i5 can do easily.

An i7 may or may not last 10 years but for most of that time you won't see any significant benefit for the added cost. Plus the extra you spend on it will mean you'll need to settle for a less powerful graphics card which will bottleneck your performance and go obsolete long before your i7 does.

The newer i5s are more than powerful enough to keep you satisfied for years to come. Hell, an i3 or even a pentium dual core can do a decent job if paired with a decent GPU. They may not be future proof, but they are more powerful than the netbook-class joke of a CPU that the PS4 and XB1 share.

Like I said before, if you do CPU intensive work like 1080p or 4k video editing, then you can justify an i7. But if you are building a PC just for gaming, then you should spend the bulk of your money on the component that matters the most: the graphics card.
we r saying the same thing only I choose to go with core I7

1 Like

Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by freezy000: 12:02pm On Nov 19, 2014
If you are yet to play SHADOW OF MORDOR, then uve not started enjoying your ps4.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by dimdim001(m): 2:21pm On Nov 19, 2014
freezy000:
If you are yet to play SHADOW OF MORDOR, then uve not started enjoying your ps4.

Oya gimme ur own lemme play smiley
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by freezy000: 3:19pm On Nov 19, 2014
Lol, wait till the death of sauron, but keep destiny for me and I might just consider.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by Proffdada: 3:30pm On Nov 19, 2014
freezy000:
after I finished the main story, I had to go back and terrorize those who persecuted me
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by freezy000: 4:00pm On Nov 19, 2014
Hahaha, can't wait, add me on psn freezy000
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by EvilBrain1(m): 9:10pm On Nov 19, 2014
Proffdada:
we r saying the same thing only I choose to go with core I7

Just to buttress my point about how CPUs are seriously overpowered, here's an image someone captured from the new Far Cry 4.

8 core CPU and a brand new, AAA game launched just days ago is running on only one. And yet, look at the frame rate! 127fps!!!

And this is an AMD CPU whose individual cores are far slower than Intel's.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:52pm On Nov 19, 2014
EvilBrain1:

Just to buttress my point about how CPUs are seriously overpowered, here's an image someone captured from the new Far Cry 4.

8 core CPU and a brand new, AAA game launched just days ago is running on only one. And yet, look at the frame rate! 127fps!!!

angry

Go and buy a real console like the PS4.

You pc gamers and your cores and graphics cards.

See, we ps4 homeboys don't need to worry about upgrading our hardware.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by EvilBrain1(m): 3:25am On Nov 20, 2014
AllNaijaBlogger:

angry

Go and buy a real console like the PS4.

You pc gamers and your cores and graphics cards.

See, we ps4 homeboys don't need to worry about upgrading our hardware.

Silence peasant!

Instead of talking nonsense why don't you spend some time meditating on the idea of playing games at 1080p, ultra settings at 120fps. Perhaps then you will realize the truth, that you are living in squalor with your pathetic 900p, 30fps, medium PC settings equivalent machine.

When you have achieved enlightenment and are ready to ascend to the glorious master race, come back and see me. I will be there to guide you on your journey.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 5:07am On Nov 20, 2014
EvilBrain1:

Silence peasant!

Instead of talking nonsense why don't you spend some time meditating on the idea of playing games at 1080p, ultra settings at 120fps. Perhaps then you will realize the truth, that you are living in squalor with your pathetic 900p, 30fps, medium PC settings equivalent machine.

When you have achieved enlightenment and are ready to ascend to the glorious master race, come back and see me. I will be there to guide you on your journey.

lol.

It takes one good virus to destroy your console (pc)
Or simply time- when your registry/memory gets full and your PC slows down.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 20, 2014
EvilBrain1:

ERM, it is launching on only one CPU. Games don't consume resources starting up. The question is will the game start to stutter when you're fighting a rhino and 12 soldiers.

I remember the last battle of hl2 ep2. This was yes ago. The system I had at the time was freezing like no mans biz
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by EvilBrain1(m): 11:30pm On Nov 20, 2014
If anybody is interested, I have 3 free steam keys to Insurgency, a nice multiplayer tactical first person shooter. Click on this link to get the game, but you better move fast before they're all gone. And sorry but it's PC master race only.

Source: There's a humble bundle sale going on. You can get 4 games for any amount, 10 games for $6.30 or 11 games including Saint's Row 4 for $12.

Edit: Apparently nobody here likes free shìt. All 3 keys are still available which I find very strange. I mean the game is worth $15 and its good! Anyway, I'm going to offer them out elsewhere so final warning to anybody that wants.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by gabelogan(m): 12:31am On Nov 21, 2014
Finished call of duty: ghosts a couple of weeks ago, plating watchdogs right now on the xbox 1
Should get call of duty advances warfighter and shadow of mordor very soon
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by Wisegeek01(m): 7:40am On Nov 21, 2014

Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by spenca: 11:22am On Nov 21, 2014
gabelogan:
Finished call of duty: ghosts a couple of weeks ago, plating watchdogs right now on the xbox 1
Should get call of duty advances warfighter and shadow of mordor very soon

Let's do business with your watchdogs smiley
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by spenca: 11:29am On Nov 21, 2014
Am still driving the whole town on my xbox one need for speed and scoring great goals on my fifa 15 and am grieving some sanity to Lagos on call of duty mordern warfare , it's gaming time fellas btw don't forget the man for the polls , GMB

1 Like

Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by dimdim001(m): 1:01pm On Nov 21, 2014
I've got Watch Dogs(PS4) for sale or swap, in case any1 is interested, holla
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by nehas(m): 1:55pm On Nov 22, 2014
Just finished AC unity.looking for friends to connect and play group game @ ac unity if re on ps4 let me no.

Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by jakeharris(m): 9:26pm On Nov 22, 2014
Please who has fm 15 and fifa 15 i wanna buy i need it urgently help a bro
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by wman(m): 11:53pm On Nov 22, 2014
jakeharris:
Please who has fm 15 and fifa 15 i wanna buy i need it urgently help a bro

I have FM 15 for sale and I deliver all over Nigeria. My Nairaland thread is : https://www.nairaland.com/1035742/garnet-pc-games-sale-cheapest
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 23, 2014
Anyone know where I can get FIFA 15 PC crack??
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by wintersnow(m): 1:42pm On Nov 23, 2014
who has played alien isolation?
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by Donjay007(m): 2:47pm On Nov 23, 2014
m jus waitin for this bastards to deliver my ps4
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by cao(f): 8:39pm On Nov 23, 2014
God of War III, after over 2 years, I've decided to plat it. Maybe after I've done this, I'll get those 2 trophies that eluded me in Ascension.

1 Like

Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by gabelogan(m): 10:45pm On Nov 23, 2014
spenca:

Let's do business with your watchdogs smiley

Still quite a long way from finishing the game. Maybe when I'm through, we can do business
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by Stunner1(f): 12:06am On Nov 24, 2014
Im getting assasins creed: unity 2mrw haa i just cant wait cool cool the trailer is madttttttt
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by spenca: 7:12am On Nov 24, 2014
gabelogan:

Still quite a long way from finishing the game. Maybe when I'm through, we can do business

Yea, do well to let me know.
Re: What Game Are You Currently Playing? by nnamdina: 10:26am On Nov 24, 2014
DESTINY!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (498) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.