Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,646 members, 7,816,655 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

A Swedish Man I Met Online Wants To Marry Me - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Swedish Man I Met Online Wants To Marry Me (2651 Views)

Swedish Admissions And Student Visa / How To Become A Swedish Citizen Through Master's Studies / How To Move To Sweden And Become A Swedish Citizen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Swedish Man I Met Online Wants To Marry Me by kyennygeo73(f): 4:13pm On Apr 11, 2022
I met a swedish man online,we have been talking for almost a year now,he's 53 years old and a widower. I'm 25.

He proposed to marry me and I agreed on the condition that he has come over to Nigeria let's do the needful but he insisted that I come over.

So,I told him I don't have money for passport and visa,I actually thought he was joking o

Last week, he sent money to me that I should process my passport and let him know when to commence the processes of sending me an invite over to SWEDEN!!

Now the problem is that,he's old and the country,SWEDEN,I never liked it...the name alone sounds weird to me and I don't know what to expect over there.

Can we possibly get married when I get there and remain?

How friendly and welcoming is the country?

Seriously,I'm confused,advise me on how to go about this. Advise me like a sister please.

Ps,isn't what you think..I love this man..true love.

1 Like

Re: A Swedish Man I Met Online Wants To Marry Me by sliksusan: 4:19pm On Apr 11, 2022
[quote author=kyennygeo73 post=111851883]I met a swedish man online,we have been talking for almost a year now,he's 53 years old and a widower. I'm 25.

He proposed to marry me and I agreed on the condition that he has come over to Nigeria let's do the needful but he insisted that I come over.

So,I told him I don't have money for passport and visa,I actually thought he was joking o

Last week, he sent money to me that I should process my passport and let him know when to commence the processes of sending me an invite over to SWEDEN!!

Now the problem is that,he's old and the country,SWEDEN,I never liked it...the name alone sounds weird to me and I don't know what to expect over there.

Seriously,I'm confused,advise me on how to go about this. Advise me like a sister please.

l will advice you to go there did not try to looking age what most important when you get both of you married together and you get your resident permit which can make you to work in sweden and get a good salary
Re: A Swedish Man I Met Online Wants To Marry Me by thorpido(m): 4:24pm On Apr 11, 2022
The prospect of moving abroad and foreign currency is luring you.
'Now the problem is that he is old'
You know the truth within you.

You're an adult and you have to make your own decisions but are your parents in the know?

5 Likes

Re: A Swedish Man I Met Online Wants To Marry Me by JoyousFurnitire(m): 4:24pm On Apr 11, 2022
Sweden is great for family. Hospital and Education are well taken care of. Lot of Nigerian students are moving to Sweden and you can visit many other European countries visa free.

Nonetheless, do your research.

You could go visit but he has to come because of tradition except you'll ignore that.

Above all, know much about the man you're going to visit before the journey.

Security first.

2 Likes

Re: A Swedish Man I Met Online Wants To Marry Me by opera1(m): 4:32pm On Apr 11, 2022
kyennygeo73:
I met a swedish man online,we have been talking for almost a year now,he's 53 years old and a widower. I'm 25.

. Not old proposed marriage and subsequently send you money.
Now after collecting his money, you now realize that he's too old for you.

14 Likes

Re: A Swedish Man I Met Online Wants To Marry Me by kyennygeo73(f): 4:36pm On Apr 11, 2022
opera1:

. Not old proposed marriage and subsequently send you money.
Now after collecting his money, you now realize that he's too old for you.

I thought we were just fooling ourselves..now he has sent money and I'm confused because I never believed him and I'm not psychologically ready to travel and also considering the travelled route

1 Like

Re: A Swedish Man I Met Online Wants To Marry Me by kyennygeo73(f): 4:50pm On Apr 11, 2022
thorpido:
The prospect of moving abroad and foreign currency is luring you.
You know the truth within you.

You're an adult and you have to make your own decisions but are your parents in the know?

My parent are not aware of my moves and I don't intend telling them..they are religious people

And isn't about the currency...I love him truly
Re: A Swedish Man I Met Online Wants To Marry Me by kyennygeo73(f): 4:51pm On Apr 11, 2022
[quote author=sliksusan post=111852048][/quote]

Ok..thanks alot
Re: A Swedish Man I Met Online Wants To Marry Me by kyennygeo73(f): 4:58pm On Apr 11, 2022
JoyousFurnitire:
Sweden is great for family. Hospital and Education are well taken care of. Lot of Nigerian students are moving to Sweden and you can visit many other European countries visa free.

Nonetheless, do your research.

You could go visit but he has to come because of tradition except you'll ignore that.

Above all, know much about the man you're going to visit before the journey.

Security first.

Thanks,I told him about my tradition but he insist I come over for a court marriage,I made a research but the informations are go aren't enough
Re: A Swedish Man I Met Online Wants To Marry Me by Enskynelson(m): 5:00pm On Apr 11, 2022
You first have to inform your parents because if you are from a responsible home, there is hardly any excuse you can give to travel to Sweden aside telling them the truth. Informing them about also will help you get advice from them.
Have you spoken with any of his relatives over the period of the relationship? You should try to that as well.
Sweden is a good country. If Nigeria no fear you to call, Na Sweden come dey weird to u.
Pray about it too.

4 Likes

Re: A Swedish Man I Met Online Wants To Marry Me by thorpido(m): 5:09pm On Apr 11, 2022
kyennygeo73:

My parent are not aware of my moves and I don't intend telling them..they are religious people

Oh,what the elderly see sitting,the young can't see even when standing.

1 Like

Re: A Swedish Man I Met Online Wants To Marry Me by kyennygeo73(f): 5:12pm On Apr 11, 2022
Enskynelson:
You first have to inform your parents because if you are from a responsible home, there is hardly any excuse you can give to travel to Sweden aside telling them the truth. Informing them about also will help you get advice from them.
Have you spoken with any of his relatives over the period of the relationship? You should try to that as well.
Sweden is a good country. If Nigeria no fear you to call, Na Sweden come dey weird to u.
Pray about it too.

My parent are strict, they will not consent to it if I tell them the truth

He's always alone in his house..he said he lives alone and he's an introvert..

I will pray about it.. thanks
Re: A Swedish Man I Met Online Wants To Marry Me by Wazzaowner(m): 5:27pm On Apr 11, 2022
kyennygeo73:

My parent is strict, they will not consent to it if I tell them the truth

He's always alone in his house..he said he lives alone and he's an introvert.

I will pray about it.. thanks

You better return his money and tell him to come to Nigeria to do the needful if he wants to marry you, many have been turned into sex slaves using the same route as yours.

8 Likes

Re: A Swedish Man I Met Online Wants To Marry Me by Passionate1(m): 5:46pm On Apr 11, 2022
U love him truly! Hahahaha!
Give him his money back . . don't lie to urself. .

4 Likes

Re: A Swedish Man I Met Online Wants To Marry Me by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:06pm On Apr 11, 2022
kyennygeo73:

shouldt you have thought of this as you guys were "supposedly" dating online?! wasnt he old already when you started talking to this stranger?! aint you the one considering marrying this old dude, if he comes to Nigeria?!

here is a question to you: why do you even want to marry that "supposedly" old man stranger?

2 Likes

Re: A Swedish Man I Met Online Wants To Marry Me by AgentGoat: 6:44pm On Apr 11, 2022
He coming has more prospect and safer for you.
Re: A Swedish Man I Met Online Wants To Marry Me by Cousin9999: 6:56pm On Apr 11, 2022
Human tr4fficking.
Re: A Swedish Man I Met Online Wants To Marry Me by OscarJaden(m): 8:13pm On Apr 11, 2022
Suffer no dey tire you?
Boys dey seriously look for green card,

Green card comes at a platter of gold for you and you are having two minds over it

Grab this opportunity and jakpa

1 Like

Re: A Swedish Man I Met Online Wants To Marry Me by mrsmith11(m): 8:56pm On Apr 11, 2022
He can invite you for visit but I don't think he can marry you here even if he can....the immigration will ask you to leave and apply for resident permit (family reunion) from your home country.
Also since you guys haven't live together before then it takes an average of 2 years for approval but if you lucky it can be less than 2yrs on rare cases
Re: A Swedish Man I Met Online Wants To Marry Me by JoyousFurnitire(m): 11:28pm On Apr 11, 2022
Wazzaowner:

You better return his money and tell him to come to Nigeria to do the needful if he wants to marry you, many have been turned into sex slaves using the same route as yours.

This!!! or killed even.
Re: A Swedish Man I Met Online Wants To Marry Me by Cousin9999: 12:24am On Apr 12, 2022
Organ tr4fficking.

1 Like

Re: A Swedish Man I Met Online Wants To Marry Me by Onyeziokwu(m): 11:05am On Apr 22, 2022
kyennygeo73:

And isn't abou
t the currency...I love him truly

Auntie you just dey work facy, period!

One out of many Nigerian working girls spotted.
Re: A Swedish Man I Met Online Wants To Marry Me by SageTravels: 12:04pm On Apr 22, 2022
As an African woman, you should allow him to come to Nigeria and do the needful not you going to marry him. He wants to marry you not you marrying him.

Let him come and marry you. If you allow Japa & money to lure you, you may create another post one day to ask us how to return to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: A Swedish Man I Met Online Wants To Marry Me by ImDStar: 6:51pm On Apr 22, 2022
Do you have a boyfriend here in Nigeria?

kyennygeo73:

1 Like

Re: A Swedish Man I Met Online Wants To Marry Me by 79733139(m): 8:29am On Apr 23, 2022
kyennygeo73:

I thought we were just fooling ourselves..now he has sent money and I'm confused because I never believed him and I'm not psychologically ready to travel and also considering the travelled route

Tell him to come and marry you here first - go to a marriage registry. You don't know what kind of person he is, so do things properly.

After, you can start discussing about how you would get a job or educate yourself to get a job... don't be dependent on him when you move to Sweden.

1 Like

Re: A Swedish Man I Met Online Wants To Marry Me by Samueltemi337(m): 9:11am On Apr 23, 2022
[
Re: A Swedish Man I Met Online Wants To Marry Me by Nekky5(f): 5:49pm On Apr 23, 2022
I hope you wouldn't regret this someday. Someone you met ONLINE who wishes to marry you but refused to do the right thing by coming to see your parents and you are equally contemplating on leaving to marry you without your parents consent Hmmm sis!!!! this sounds somehow.
Marrying a foreigner is not the issue but getting married to an unknown foreigner without the knowledge of your people?? Do not be deceived twice!!!

1 Like

Re: A Swedish Man I Met Online Wants To Marry Me by Thermodynamics(m): 10:26pm On Apr 23, 2022
If you truly love him you wouldn't complain about his age, you don't love him, you only think you do.

That being said, you can talk to him about your concerns, you must give him some conditions.

1. He must come to Nigeria to do the wedding, this kind of thing is risky, he might be baiting you with marriage so that he can harvest your heart/lungs/kidney and sell it on the black market or maybe he has some other plans.

2. Tell him that you cannot stay in Sweden, if you guys must be married and live together, it has to be in a neutral ground like the UK or Ireland or U.S, these countries speak English and processing documents to migrate to another European country like Ireland and UK would be a piece of cake for him

IF HE CAN'T MEET BOTH REQUIREMENTS THEN LET HIM GO FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR SAFETY AND SANITARY. OTHERWISE YOU MIGHT FEEL LIKE A PRISONER IN SWEDEN.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Flights From Jos To Port-harcourt / My Visit To Elegushi Beach And Useful Tips For You / Shanghai Building Collapse In China. (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.