Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,471 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

Explaining Islamic banking & Finance - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Explaining Islamic banking & Finance (6782 Views)

Ngozi: Islamic Banking Is Ok / Stanbic IBTC Gets Licence For Islamic Banking Operations In Nigeria / Putting Sanusi's Islamic Banking In Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Explaining Islamic banking & Finance by akanke79: 11:41am On Jul 06, 2011
What makes Islamic finance different from conventional finance? And what makes it better? We look at 3 real-world examples and find out. We also introduce you to the 4 principles that guide Islamic finance transactions.

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaeRum-GJMY&feature=related[/flash]

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8wDcpZSdFo&feature=related[/flash]
Re: Explaining Islamic banking & Finance by Johnpaul2k2(m): 12:05pm On Jul 06, 2011
lslamic banking may be good without naija,trust me,the story will definitely not be same in this country
Re: Explaining Islamic banking & Finance by unknown247: 12:09pm On Jul 06, 2011
To hell with that bullshit: islamic banking. NO! We don't  want islamic banking at all.  We don't want sharia banking, boko haram banking. What ever you call it.
Re: Explaining Islamic banking & Finance by monkvirus(m): 12:40pm On Jul 06, 2011
My fellow Nigerians i need your comments on this.some times when i watch Nigerian movies either Yoruba or nollywood films and when it comes to the action part where shootings are to be done i just laugh and laugh not because it is funny but because it is just ridiculous and annoying. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry .
Re: Explaining Islamic banking & Finance by Honeycity(f): 12:45pm On Jul 06, 2011
yeah!!!! we will get there someday!!!

btw how did your topic gt in here ? undecided
Re: Explaining Islamic banking & Finance by Ben13: 12:47pm On Jul 06, 2011
Gawd! to hell with islamic banking or whatever. We aint interested.
Re: Explaining Islamic banking & Finance by Xfactoria: 12:53pm On Jul 06, 2011
The only problem I have with it is the name deliberately given to this system of banking aimed at propagating Islam.

If it must be allowed in Nigeria, the name must change from Islamic banking to "Non-Interest Banking". We are a secular nation or so we say. There must be no constitutional recognition of anything Islamic, there must be no act of parliament on anything religious!

We must defend our stance on the seculiarism of our country.
Re: Explaining Islamic banking & Finance by Andrew3(m): 12:59pm On Jul 06, 2011
if nigeria is a country of two major religions, CHRISTIANITY & ISLAM, then islamic banking is not a taboo

They have a right to it.
Re: Explaining Islamic banking & Finance by Nymphnode(m): 1:03pm On Jul 06, 2011
It will be a welcome development only if they will start amputating anybody who writes fake checks grin
Re: Explaining Islamic banking & Finance by jamace(m): 1:06pm On Jul 06, 2011
Like a poster above me rightly said, the issue in contention is the tag "ISLAMIC". Nobody is against non-interest banking but why call it "ISLAMIC" ?
Re: Explaining Islamic banking & Finance by saokea(m): 1:10pm On Jul 06, 2011
After further research, I am seriously considering opening an account with an Islamic bank. Competition will bring down interest rates and common man will survive.
Islamic banking is in over 70 countries. I am not interested in its name. I am only interested in what it can offer.
Re: Explaining Islamic banking & Finance by bisiaet: 1:11pm On Jul 06, 2011
To H E L L  with the F U C K I N G craps. Gaddammm eyesore boloks!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Explaining Islamic banking & Finance by Ayoobscom(m): 1:14pm On Jul 06, 2011
After watching the video-I shield tears seeing the evil of compounded interest on humanity

What more do these christians wants to hear or see

The day Islamic Banking is Launched is the day our economy is reborn into boom and fairness

There's no going back, Ma nsha ALLAL

I'm an experienced banker and i'm saying this is just the solution ISLAMIC BANKING
Re: Explaining Islamic banking & Finance by Deen4me(m): 1:21pm On Jul 06, 2011
Hello Akande

Loved the video, I came across the video some time back.

It gives detailed perspective on what Islamic finance entails.

I have also been privileged to use some of the services of Islamic Finance on some of my capital projects.

Hands down it was superb, the rates where quite reasonable , the risks was shared between my self and the finance Institute.The project was a total success.

I had before then gone to my bankers of several years to help finance the project, the conditions were terrible they might as well as told me to bring my head on a

platter for them as collateral  angry .

I would totally recommend anyone that needs financing on projects to embrace Islamic finance option.

My 2 Cents
Re: Explaining Islamic banking & Finance by realisticm: 1:22pm On Jul 06, 2011
Christians! Stop fanning the flame of hatred. is it under most that you bank with them? stop the hostility you christian, just do your thing your way.
Re: Explaining Islamic banking & Finance by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 06, 2011
Islamic banking is absolutely the best banking only if you people know what islam is alll about,
Re: Explaining Islamic banking & Finance by Tapiya(m): 1:33pm On Jul 06, 2011
Okay so we should islamize Nigeria cos of your penny's then ? hmmmn We stand against it, just practice in your states and lets see how it goes
Re: Explaining Islamic banking & Finance by hasyak(m): 1:36pm On Jul 06, 2011
ignorance/shallow mindedness is killing is killing my country cry cry
Re: Explaining Islamic banking & Finance by stagger: 1:37pm On Jul 06, 2011
We all know that drug lords and the mafiasos used to own banks so they could use it to launder money.

What stops these Al-Qaeda and Boko Haram people from doing same? Before you know it, they will be awash with cash to finance their terrorist activities here.

Why the hell is GEJ just playing dumb about all this?
Re: Explaining Islamic banking & Finance by Sike(m): 1:38pm On Jul 06, 2011
Ayoobscom:

After watching the video-I shield tears seeing the evil of compounded interest on humanity

The day Islamic Banking is Launched is the day our economy is reborn into boom and fairness

I'm an experienced banker and i'm saying this is just the solution ISLAMIC BANKING
Ayoobscom:

Ayoobscom:

I pray it works,
Re: Explaining Islamic banking & Finance by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 06, 2011
does nigeria have a president at all sad sad sad sad
i havent heard nothing from him in a while
that man is just acting like a figure head sa
do as i do, I DO!
Re: Explaining Islamic banking & Finance by baslone: 1:42pm On Jul 06, 2011
Another politics!

". . . . . Look at the Non-Interest banking without emotion. it is another form of banking which
gives the population of Nigeria who have a problem with the interest banking an option"
Dr Ngozi Okonji-Iweala"
Re: Explaining Islamic banking & Finance by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 06, 2011
No one is objecting the benefit of the so called Islamic Banking, but i tell you that this so called system will be perverted by Nigerian Muslims (Northerners) claiming it's their own, whereas it was supposed to be for all. I know for sure most people in support of this system are Muslims and if this was named Olokun, Oronmila or perhaps Christianity banking system this same Muslims in support of this system now will oppose it due to its name. I think at this time religion has caused a lot of crisis in Nigeria hence no development of any sort should be associated with any religious organizations and so the name ISLAMIC should be erased. Give it a more generally acceptable name if it must stand i.e Non-interest banking system. My opinion
Re: Explaining Islamic banking & Finance by brainpulse: 2:00pm On Jul 06, 2011
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BTW ISLAMIC BANKING AND ISLAMIC LAW (SHARIA)?

WE AIN'T FOOLS IN THIS PART OF THE WORLD. THERE IS HAND WRITING ON THE WALL.
Re: Explaining Islamic banking & Finance by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 06, 2011
brainpulse:

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BTW ISLAMIC BANKING AND ISLAMIC LAW (SHARIA)?

WE AIN'T FOOLS IN THIS PART OF THE WORLD. THERE IS HAND BOMB BLAST WRITTEN ON THE WALL.
Re: Explaining Islamic banking & Finance by brainpulse: 2:03pm On Jul 06, 2011
@ KEN.GUE

A LIKE YOUR POST. VERY VERY SENSIBLE AND THOUGHTFUL FROM AN EDUCATED AND INFORMED MIND.
Re: Explaining Islamic banking & Finance by brainpulse: 2:08pm On Jul 06, 2011
CONVINCE ME.

WHY NOT USE ISLAMIC CAR, ISLAMIC PLANE, ISLAMIC TV, ISLAMIC SHIP, ISLAMIC WATER ETC.

FOR THE INFORMED MINDS ALONE- YOU CAN CREATE AN ECONOMIC SYSTEM THAT WILL ALLOW SUCH INSENTIVE IN THE BANKING SECTOR AND NOT CALL THAT NAME.

PLS WE NEED ISLAMIC HOSPITAL AND ROAD AS WELL.
Re: Explaining Islamic banking & Finance by brainpulse: 2:12pm On Jul 06, 2011

PLS YOU NEED TO SHED MORE TEARS FOR THE INNOCENTS THAT ARE KILL, AND BOMB BLAST VICTIMS THAT THERE FAMILIES ARE THRONE INTO LIFE SUFFERINGS
Re: Explaining Islamic banking & Finance by chamber2(m): 2:19pm On Jul 06, 2011
[color=#006600]AZERBAIJAN,ARMENI,JORDAN ,BAHRAIN,KAZAKHSTAN,BANGLADESH,BHUTAN,KYRGYZSTAN

SRI LANKA,LAOS,SYRIA,BURMA,LEBANON,CAMBODIA, MALAYSIA,TAJIKISTAN

THAILAND,MONGOLIA,NEPAL,TURKMENISTAN, INDONESIA,NORTH KOREA

IRAN,OMAN, UZBEKISTAN, IRAQ,PAKISTAN,VIETNAM,PHILIPPINES,YEMEN
[/color]

Even with islamic banking, the above countries are still very poor.If interest payment is truly the bane of modern economic development, why are the above islamic nations poor?Why countries such as japan, India, China, singapore, S.Korea etc which have embraced western development paradigms are faring better than any of them.

Why do some folks want us to belief that islamic banking is the messiah we need now when available evidence have proved otherwise?Also, the history of modern day revolution cannot be complete without most islamic banking states being mentioned.
Re: Explaining Islamic banking & Finance by brainpulse: 2:21pm On Jul 06, 2011
LET US CONSIDERED THE UNDERTONE, THE BENEFIT PRESENTED MIGHT BE GOOD BUT THE UNWRITTEN SCRIPT MIGHT SAY A DIFFERENT THING. LET THE BANKING INDUSTRY PURGE ITSELF FIRST BEFORE ACCEPTING ANY SYSTEM. THE ONE WE ARE USING HAS WORKED FINE ELSE WHERE, BUT THE PROBLEM IS THE CORRUPTION FROM THE TOP AND SO CALLED FUNDAMENTALIST.
THE UNDERTONE MIGHT BE FOR THE REASON OF RECEIVING SECRETE FUNDS FROM AL QAEDA AND OTHER UN NAMED TERROR ORGANISATION PRAYING TO USE NIGERIA AS EXIST TO TERRORISE THE WESTERN WORLD.
Re: Explaining Islamic banking & Finance by lepasharon(f): 3:05pm On Jul 06, 2011
Hmmm! I can see where did is headed!!very soon now dey go introduce shariaa law Nationwide nd dat is wen trouble will start!
Re: Explaining Islamic banking & Finance by Tapiya(m): 3:20pm On Jul 06, 2011
Hmmmmn I think this is most reasonable post here, can we have the evidence ? is there any evidence that shows a country that uses that system of banking really prospering ? not in States where one assumes the Landlord position and the rest just follow, We really need to think alot, and for you my tears shedding friend are you just looking at it cos its Islamic or genuinely looking at the advantages ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Baby Comestics And Accessories Lets Share Our Business Experience. / I Need Info On Haulage Business / Meet Ramesh, The Billionaire Barber Who Drives Rolls Royce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.