Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

2023: Sout-east Must Be Allowed To Rule, Says Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Sout-east Must Be Allowed To Rule, Says Peter Obi (868 Views)

2023: South East Must Produce Next President, Igbo Elders Insist / Orji Kalu: Perpetrators Of Violence In South East Must Have A Rethink / Grazing In Sout East: Benue Law And The Option Before South Eastern States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Sout-east Must Be Allowed To Rule, Says Peter Obi by West1side: 6:23am On Apr 12, 2022
The former Governor of Anambra State and presidential aspirant under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, Peter Obi, has appealed that the South-East region of the country should be allowed to produce the next President of the country.

Obi stated this during a meeting with the delegates and other leaders of the party at the PDP secretariat in Abeokuta, Ogun State. He noted that for the sake of equity, justice and respect, a President of Igbo extraction must be allowed to rule the nation.

The former governor while addressing the delegates and party leaders urged them not to allow money and sentiment to influence their voting at the primaries.

Obi, who was accompanied by a former media aide to former president Goodluck Jonathan, Dr. Doyin Okupe, declared that Nigeria is in crisis and he remained the best candidate to take Nigeria out of the doldrums.

He said, “Let me assure you that my commitment is to build a better Nigeria, my desperation is to see Nigeria better than it is today. We cannot continue the way Nigeria is today. What we want to say is that a nation must be built on fairness, must be built on equity, must be built on respect for each other and we in the South-East are saying we too should be allowed to serve and I assure you that that opportunity will change Nigeria.

Obi, who was accompanied by a former media aide to former president Goodluck Jonathan, Dr. Doyin Okupe, declared that Nigeria is in crisis and he remained the best candidate to take Nigeria out of the doldrums.

He said, “Let me assure you that my commitment is to build a better Nigeria, my desperation is to see Nigeria better than it is today. We cannot continue the way Nigeria is today. "No country with 33 percent unemployment and 65 percent underemployment will survive. 60 percent of the unemployed and underemployed are among the youths, the most productive population of the country and at their young age are doing nothing.

“Today, ours is owing to people pension, they don’t pay people gratuity. Our schools are closed, our universities have been closed now and nobody is saying anything. There are 15 million out-of-school children, and the drug prevalence among our youths today is the highest in the world. We must change the situation

https://punchng.com/2023-sout-east-must-be-allowed-to-rule-says-obi/

Re: 2023: Sout-east Must Be Allowed To Rule, Says Peter Obi by West1side: 6:25am On Apr 12, 2022
Nothing wey person no go read from this Pandora kleptomaniac criminal

Re: 2023: Sout-east Must Be Allowed To Rule, Says Peter Obi by Electrochemistry(m): 6:26am On Apr 12, 2022
Time for Southeasterners and their allies to rally around their own towards more solidity and saner Nigeria. The governance of the federation of Nigeria without the Igbos is no doubt a huge lacuna that must be urgently filled before things escalate. Nigeria, with huge and diverse resources needs to grow into an admirable future not the other way round as it's being witnessed today. With God on our side this will be achieved in the next dispensation under competent hands. Suffering must not continue! So help us God!
Re: 2023: Sout-east Must Be Allowed To Rule, Says Peter Obi by Aufbauh(m): 6:27am On Apr 12, 2022
Peter Obi as usual is still maneuvering & waiting for the PDP ticket to be laid at his door step.
People like Obi who is always sectoral and sectionally conscious can't be our President.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Sout-east Must Be Allowed To Rule, Says Peter Obi by chatinent: 6:30am On Apr 12, 2022
Nigeria don finish.
Re: 2023: Sout-east Must Be Allowed To Rule, Says Peter Obi by EmptyGarden(m): 6:33am On Apr 12, 2022
Seems like there's an unwritten decree to keep the Igbo man away from power. This can't go on forever. If Nigeria is truly ONE NIGERIA, then the Igbos should be given a chance.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Sout-east Must Be Allowed To Rule, Says Peter Obi by Parachoko: 6:39am On Apr 12, 2022
Who is stopping them from ruling?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Sout-east Must Be Allowed To Rule, Says Peter Obi by Heavensent01(m): 6:42am On Apr 12, 2022
In Don Jazzy's voice brother Pthief Obi you want the Presidency ba? come and get it Nwanne

The presidency na eze title, Pandoralicious thief, the man that didn't steal a dime in anambra and his dumb kiiiiiinsmen believe him

Na another tribe be thief and their kinsmen that's not in PDP, all others are thieves, dumb people in majority
Re: 2023: Sout-east Must Be Allowed To Rule, Says Peter Obi by seunmsg(m): 6:45am On Apr 12, 2022
Someone should tell Peter Obi Pandora that SE can only rule by winning election and not by insulting the north, abusing and blackmailing the SW, threatening secession, and burning government properties located in south east.

So you see, you cannot rule till you stop all the above and convince the rest of Nigeria to support Igbo presidency. Sadly, that can’t happen in 2023. It will take at least 16 years to correct the damage that had been done and rebuild confidence.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Sout-east Must Be Allowed To Rule, Says Peter Obi by maestroferddi: 6:46am On Apr 12, 2022
Peter Obi is the man to drag Nigeria out of the quagmire.

Futile attempts to dredge up baseless allegations via write-for-hire gutter platforms will naturally fall with a thud.

We are tired of nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Sout-east Must Be Allowed To Rule, Says Peter Obi by Moferere: 6:47am On Apr 12, 2022
See this maga grin
Re: 2023: Sout-east Must Be Allowed To Rule, Says Peter Obi by Whazar(m): 6:47am On Apr 12, 2022
Not on a platter of gold though buh I think SE should get it if we want to be fair
Re: 2023: Sout-east Must Be Allowed To Rule, Says Peter Obi by Moferere: 6:50am On Apr 12, 2022
seunmsg:
Someone should tell Peter Obi Pandora that SE can only rule by winning election and not by insulting the north, abusing and blackmailing the SW, threatening secession, and burning government properties located in south east.

So you see, you cannot rule till you stop all the above and convince the rest of Nigeria to support Igbo presidency. Sadly, that can’t happen in 2023. It will take at least 16 years to correct the damage that had been done and rebuild confidence.

Sincerely, I don't think anyone from the East will rule Nigeria anytime soon. Not in my generation.
Their approach to politics is terrible and worrisome.
Re: 2023: Sout-east Must Be Allowed To Rule, Says Peter Obi by maestroferddi: 6:54am On Apr 12, 2022
seunmsg:
You are not making sense.

Were the crimes and the nefarious activities you listed committed by Obi?

You people are so hopeless that every rational person should think twice before taking anything coming out from you seriously.

You were among those who facilitated the sale of Buhari to Nigeria with his avalanche of baggages...

Now that it is the turn of the Igbos, you are setting qualification standards for Peter Obi which angels will not be able to meet.

Peter Obi is coming to fix Nigeria. He will address the Nnamdi Kanu question once and for all.
Re: 2023: Sout-east Must Be Allowed To Rule, Says Peter Obi by michael1508: 6:56am On Apr 12, 2022
Mr Obi,stop looking for who will give you presidency on a platter of gold.
Stop forming a victim here,everyone or zone has the right to contest,Nigerians has the right to decide who the winner will be.
Not like the south east have not been contesting ever since,even when the north and other part of South were emerging as winners.
Go through the right channel by winning your party ticket bearer first man.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Sout-east Must Be Allowed To Rule, Says Peter Obi by Proudlycanadian: 6:58am On Apr 12, 2022
This land is not for sale
Re: 2023: Sout-east Must Be Allowed To Rule, Says Peter Obi by kenzysmith: 7:00am On Apr 12, 2022
If Apc gives osinbanjo the ticket and pdp gives obi the ticket we will be having a proper election for the Ist time in Nigeria history were no candidate we ran away from presidential debates
With this 2 men if either of them wins Nigerians future is secure
Re: 2023: Sout-east Must Be Allowed To Rule, Says Peter Obi by maestroferddi: 7:03am On Apr 12, 2022
Moferere:

Sincerely, I don't think anyone from the East will rule Nigeria anytime soon. Not in my generation.
See this one...

When the South West formed NADECO and other pressure groups to fight the government's of the days against perceived injustice over the annulment of June 12 elections, no-one came out to demonize them...

Now that the South East is insisting that equity and fairness should be upheld, people like you are coming out to create distracting noises.

We will not back down till the right is done...
Re: 2023: Sout-east Must Be Allowed To Rule, Says Peter Obi by West1side: 7:05am On Apr 12, 2022
On a platter of bigotry hatred n foolishness then ba ?!

Whazar:
Not on a platter of gold though buh I think SE should get it if we want to be fair
Re: 2023: Sout-east Must Be Allowed To Rule, Says Peter Obi by Maxymilliano(m): 7:07am On Apr 12, 2022
He noted that for the sake of equity, justice and respect, a President of Igbo extraction must be allowed to rule the nation.

Mr Obi correct the phrase "MUST" ... Nothing of such in participatory democracy
Re: 2023: Sout-east Must Be Allowed To Rule, Says Peter Obi by kenzysmith: 7:08am On Apr 12, 2022
Why is uZor kalu not throwing is cap into the ring is that he is d consensus Buhari preferred candidate or he knows buhari candidate already? Goodluck is yet to declare or deny he is interested in coming back. To me tunubu is doing is under works and d only serious candidate d rest are just noise makers
Re: 2023: Sout-east Must Be Allowed To Rule, Says Peter Obi by West1side: 7:08am On Apr 12, 2022
It's obvious your brain is damaged.
Was NADECO formed to fight for the SW or foolishness will not let you use your medulla.

maestroferddi:
See this one...

When the South West formed NADECO and other pressure groups to fight the government's of the days against perceived injustice over the annulment of June 12 elections, no-one came out to demonize them...

Now that the South East is insisting that equity and fairness should be upheld, people like you are coming out to create distracting noises.

Re: 2023: Sout-east Must Be Allowed To Rule, Says Peter Obi by West1side: 7:11am On Apr 12, 2022
EmptyGarden:
Seems like there's an unwritten decree to keep the Igbo man away from power. This can't go on forever. If Nigeria is truly ONE NIGERIA, then the Igbos should be given a chance.

Nigeria is not one will never be one, you can ask Kanu. The Igbos can go to hell over the unwritten decree or cast in stone decree.
Re: 2023: Sout-east Must Be Allowed To Rule, Says Peter Obi by seunmsg(m): 7:12am On Apr 12, 2022
maestroferddi:
You are not making sense.

Were the crimes and the nefarious activities you listed committed by Obi?

You people are so hopeless that every rational person should think twice before taking anything coming out from you seriously.

You were among those who facilitated the sale of Buhari to Nigeria with his avalanche of baggages...

Now that it is the turn of the Igbos, you are setting qualification standards for Peter Obi which angels will not be able to meet.

Peter Obi is coming to fix Nigeria. He will address the Nnamdi Kanu question once and for all.

Peter Obi Pandora is Igbo and he encouraged all the insults, abuse, threats, killings and burning. He was quick to condemn the train attack but kept silent about the Anambra LGA burning and other killings going on in SE. We cannot trust such a double standard bigot with presidential power.

On fixing Nigeria, kindly tell him to go back and fix Anambra first. He was a complete failure as governor. Till today, his supporters can’t point to his achievements and enduring legacies in the state. He was so bad as governor that even Anambra people have rejected his choice of successor for two straight election cycle.

If what he turned Anambra to is what you want him to turn the rest of Nigeria to, then we say a resounding NO.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Sout-east Must Be Allowed To Rule, Says Peter Obi by Moferere: 7:18am On Apr 12, 2022
maestroferddi:
See this one...

South West never indulge in this madness that you have now in the East.
Re: 2023: Sout-east Must Be Allowed To Rule, Says Peter Obi by maestroferddi: 7:21am On Apr 12, 2022
seunmsg:

Peter Obi Pandora is Igbo and he encouraged all the insults, abuse, threats, killings and burning. He was quick to condemn the train attack but kept silent about the Anambra LGA burning and other killings going on in SE. We cannot trust such a double standard bigot with presidential power.

On fixing Nigeria, kindly tell him to go back and fix Anambra first. He was a complete failure as governor. Till today, his supporters can’t point to his achievements and enduring legacies in the state. He was so bad as governor that even Anambra people have rejected his choice of successor for two straight election cycle.

If what he turned Anambra to is what you want him to turn the rest of Nigeria to, then we say a resounding NO.
Your straw man's arguments will not elicit any reasonable time expense from me...

Use Google to track Obi's achievements in government.

I will not be responsible for your choice of what you want to hear...
Re: 2023: Sout-east Must Be Allowed To Rule, Says Peter Obi by Oneloveyo: 7:54am On Apr 12, 2022
West1side:
Nothing wey person no go read from this Pandora kleptomaniac criminal

Alaye shey wetin hin talk na true or no be true?
Re: 2023: Sout-east Must Be Allowed To Rule, Says Peter Obi by Brown02: 7:59am On Apr 12, 2022
And who’s stopping them?…
Re: 2023: Sout-east Must Be Allowed To Rule, Says Peter Obi by orisa37: 9:52am On Apr 12, 2022
That's Spoon feeding borne out of cajoling and terror hooliganism.
Re: 2023: Sout-east Must Be Allowed To Rule, Says Peter Obi by Emergingnation3(m): 9:57am On Apr 12, 2022
Moferere:

Yes, we'll rule ourselves as mush as we want in Biafra republic. Afonja Muslim and should continue their joint headslamming forever in Nigeria for all we care...
Re: 2023: Sout-east Must Be Allowed To Rule, Says Peter Obi by jude79(m): 2:27pm On Apr 12, 2022
Moferere:

Disgusting write up from a ravaged soul[] sad spits

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Did Buhari Achieve With Twitter Ban And Border Closure? / Peter Obi Supporters Bought Electric Wheel Car For Cripple Man Who Join March / Wike: I Wonder How A Tribal River's Man Could Have Been President Or Vice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.