Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,339 members, 7,864,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:02 PM

Did Tinubu Not Betray Alliance For Democracy (AD)? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Tinubu Not Betray Alliance For Democracy (AD)? (1133 Views)

Labour Party Stalwarts Meet Lagos APC PC On Alliance For Sanwo-Olu / Aisha Buhari: Tinubu Will Not Betray Nigerians, His Victory Is God’s Will / Prophet Moses Warns Osinbajo: "Do Not Betray Tinubu Or You Will End In Shame" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Tinubu Not Betray Alliance For Democracy (AD)? by Validated: 10:59am On Apr 12, 2022
Tinubu came to power in 1999 under Alliance for Democracy (AD). He later took over the structure of AD and formed Action Congress (AC).
That singular act killed AD in Lagos. If that is not betrayal, I do not know what is.

He called Ambode to serve him. The man did all he could and in 4 years, he sacked him and imposed Sanwo-Olu, is that not betrayal?

Loyalty is not stupidity. After serving as VP for 7 years, would you expect Osinbajo to go to the senate or retire to law practice? It is his right to contest and he sure has the support both in SW and across Nigeria,

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Tinubu Not Betray Alliance For Democracy (AD)? by Truthisunique2: 11:05am On Apr 12, 2022
Osinbajo is a betrayal

1 Like

Re: Did Tinubu Not Betray Alliance For Democracy (AD)? by seunmsg(m): 11:07am On Apr 12, 2022
AD lost 5 of the SW states. Tinubu was the only one that survived and you still want him to be loyal to the leaders who betrayed the party in support of Obasanjo.

Tinubu did not hijack the party. The governors that lost saw the insincerity of the party leaders and came together to pull out of the party. Adefarati of Ondo state was the only governor of that era that refused to join them. Tinubu, Osoba, Adebayo, Lam and Akande all moved to AC together when the leaders keep frustrating the progress of the party.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Tinubu Not Betray Alliance For Democracy (AD)? by Nigerialabalaba: 11:12am On Apr 12, 2022
op, u be olodo and sumol boy. na only Jagaban used AD campaign dat time. I remember hin poster "AD is AD" when d late Chief Dawodu dey say AD is one yeye accord party or so. Other AD governors dey say PDP is AD and a vote for PDP is a vote for AD because of Obasanjo.

All over radio, TV, newspapers, only Jagaban dey shout say a vote for AD is a vote for AD. Na dat strategy be wetin make opposition AD survive dat era. Only jagaban was 100% loyal to AD. I remember dat time when I go Osibanjo odale office for one political program sponsorship, e just reject am.Dat same proposal was later approved by Dele Alake. Osibanjo Odale no even dey go political grassroot and na why I dey wondee how d odale con dey lie about hin grassroot credibility.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Tinubu Not Betray Alliance For Democracy (AD)? by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 11:14am On Apr 12, 2022
Messed up the AD and insulted Afenifere elders who are still insulted till today by his urchins cool
Re: Did Tinubu Not Betray Alliance For Democracy (AD)? by tollyboy5(m): 11:18am On Apr 12, 2022
seunmsg:
AD lost 5 of the SW states. Tinubu was the only one that survived and you still want him to be loyal to the leaders who betrayed the party in support of Obasanjo.

Tinubu did not hijack the party. The governors that lost saw the insincerity of the party leaders and came together to pull out of the party. Adefarati of Ondo state was the only governor of that era that refused to join them. Tinubu, Osoba, Adebayo, Lam and Akande all moved to AC together when the leaders keep frustrating the progress of the party.
In a nutshell, he betrayed the party leaders. No matter how you take put am.

He could have formed his own party and contest if he was so sure of his popularity.

No dey give betrayal new definition

1 Like

Re: Did Tinubu Not Betray Alliance For Democracy (AD)? by Bounceboune7: 11:20am On Apr 12, 2022
Validated:
Tinubu came to power in 1999 under Alliance for Democracy (AD). He later took over the structure of AD and formed Action Congress (AC).
That singular act killed AD in Lagos. If that is not betrayal, I do not know what is.

He called Ambode to serve him. The man did all he could and in 4 years, he sacked him and imposed Sanwo-Olu, is that not betrayal?

Loyalty is not stupidity. After serving as VP for 7 years, would you expect Osinbajo to go to the senate or retire to law practice? It is his right to contest and he sure has the support both in SW and across Nigeria,
chibuzor y not rest on tinubu matter n concentrate on how to waste Peter obituary 6bn campaign fund.

3 Likes

Re: Did Tinubu Not Betray Alliance For Democracy (AD)? by Bounceboune7: 11:22am On Apr 12, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:
op, u be olodo and sumol boy. na only Jagaban used AD campaign dat time. I remember hin poster "AD is AD" when d late Chief Dawodu dey say AD is one yeye accord party or so. Other AD governors dey say PDP is AD and a vote for PDP is a vote for AD because of Obasanjo.

All over radio, TV, newspapers, only Jagaban dey shout say a vote for AD is a vote for AD. Na dat strategy be wetin make opposition AD survive dat era. Only jagaban was 100% loyal to AD. I remember dat time when I go Osibanjo odale office for one political program sponsorship, e just reject am.Dat same proposal was later approved by Dele Alake. Osibanjo Odale no even dey go political grassroot and na why I dey wondee how d odale con dey lie about hin grassroot credibility.
don't mind d fool,he doesn't understand what happened then,he just want to hate on tinubu n nothing else

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Tinubu Not Betray Alliance For Democracy (AD)? by Bounceboune7: 11:32am On Apr 12, 2022
tollyboy5:

He could have formed his own party and contest if he was so sure of his popularity.

so your own definition of betrayal is standing when others left....

Haba y are igbos trying to change dictionary meaning cos of hate for tinubu?

Someone stood when others left n u call him a betrayal what about those that left,which name will u call them?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Tinubu Not Betray Alliance For Democracy (AD)? by Puremind1225: 11:39am On Apr 12, 2022
all this monkey talk self,, sometimes it makes me reason how close some people are with the so called lower animals..
who in his right mind would wish this Tinubu now to be the president of this country?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Tinubu Not Betray Alliance For Democracy (AD)? by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 12, 2022
Truthisunique2:
Osinbajo is a betrayal

Who did he betray and how?

1 Like

Re: Did Tinubu Not Betray Alliance For Democracy (AD)? by tollyboy5(m): 11:40am On Apr 12, 2022
Bounceboune7:
so your own definition of betrayal is standing when others left....

Haba y are igbos trying to change dictionary meaning cos of hate for tinubu?

Someone stood when others left n u call him a betrayal what about those that left,which name will u call them?
So abandoning AD is standing with AD?
You're confusing me comrade . what is your problem with Igbo's you bigot
Re: Did Tinubu Not Betray Alliance For Democracy (AD)? by seunmsg(m): 11:41am On Apr 12, 2022
tollyboy5:

He actually formed his own party in conjunction with other AD former governors. They formed AC and left AD for Adebanjo, Akinfenwa, Olanihun, Adesanya and co. AD is still in existence till today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Tinubu Not Betray Alliance For Democracy (AD)? by tollyboy5(m): 11:47am On Apr 12, 2022
seunmsg:

He actually formed his own party in conjunction with other AD former governors. They formed AC and left AD for Adebanjo, Akinfenwa, Olanihun, Adesanya and co. AD is still in existence till today.
After he won with AD influence tho. He left them and you didn't call it betrayal.

But osinbajo wanting to be president now, children of 8 (a.k.a tinubu fans) are screaming betrayal
Re: Did Tinubu Not Betray Alliance For Democracy (AD)? by Bounceboune7: 11:49am On Apr 12, 2022
tollyboy5:

So abandoning AD is standing with AD?
You're confusing me comrade . what is your problem with Igbo's you bigot
please how did he abandon AD?
Re: Did Tinubu Not Betray Alliance For Democracy (AD)? by tollyboy5(m): 11:57am On Apr 12, 2022
Bounceboune7:
please how did he abandon AD?
he won with their mandate. Use his influence as a governor to cajole members to his new party.
But children of 8 were threatening ambode with impeachment if he cross to another party double standard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Tinubu Not Betray Alliance For Democracy (AD)? by Bounceboune7: 12:00pm On Apr 12, 2022
tollyboy5:
he won with their mandate. Use his influence as a governor to cajole members to his new party.
But children of 8 were threatening ambode with impeachment if he cross to another party double standard.
which new party,emeka?
Re: Did Tinubu Not Betray Alliance For Democracy (AD)? by tollyboy5(m): 12:05pm On Apr 12, 2022
Bounceboune7:
which new party,emeka?
Mr chikodi AC
Re: Did Tinubu Not Betray Alliance For Democracy (AD)? by Bounceboune7: 12:06pm On Apr 12, 2022
tollyboy5:

After he won with AD influence tho. He left them and you didn't call it betrayal.

But osinbajo wanting to be president now, children of 8 (a.k.a tinubu fans) are screaming betrayal
it's funny how d hate filled igbos can label another person children of hate, u that u hate people sote u are scared to compete against them.except they give u on a platter of gold.

Let's see who will vote an igbo man.

Is it d northerners they call gworo chewing bastard?
Is it d south westerners they call sophisticated morons?
Is it d south southerners they call slave?

If only u know its easy for shekau to b President than an igbo man.

Let pdp mistakenly field an igbo man n see excess joy for whoever APC presents

Let APC mistakenly field an igbo man n pdp also field an igbo man n see how sdp or sowore will take over.

U think say na play.

2023 is d time to igbos to dance to d mixtape they have been working on since

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Tinubu Not Betray Alliance For Democracy (AD)? by tollyboy5(m): 12:20pm On Apr 12, 2022
The poster above decided to shift the goal pose and started attacking Igbo. grin

The obsession is crazy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Tinubu Not Betray Alliance For Democracy (AD)? by Realist12: 2:25pm On Apr 12, 2022
Did Namadi Sambo die ? This same Osinbajo Is just being used we all know he doesn't have any structure. And regarding the AD Tinubu only rebranded a dying Ideology where the current leaders where sabotaging.
Re: Did Tinubu Not Betray Alliance For Democracy (AD)? by Puremind1225: 4:32pm On Apr 12, 2022
Realist12:
Did Namadi Sambo die ? This same Osinbajo Is just being used we all know he doesn't have any structure. And regarding the AD Tinubu only rebranded a dying Ideology where the current leaders where sabotaging.
you seem so lame to see how lame your reasoning is.
Re: Did Tinubu Not Betray Alliance For Democracy (AD)? by Rooomage: 4:59pm On Apr 12, 2022
tollyboy5:

I guess you were still a primary school boy at the time. You were not aware of the happenings around that time or you just want to be mischievous.

It was the leaders (Adesanya, Adebanjo etc and other 5 SW Governors) that were not loyal to their party, AD at the time. They were campaigning for Obasanjo in PDP for presidential election instead of them to focus on their party. I remember Segun Osoba's campaign slogan of "Ibo bawa ni ke se o" i.e it is the voting of Abeokuta you are going to do (vote Obasanjo as President in PDP while for Governorship it is AD). They all lost.

It was only Tinubu's campaign slogan of "Jeun soke" i.e all votes should be for AD. He won.

The Governors realised they were misled by their leaders. Infact, imagine AD Chairman became a minister in Obasanjo's PDP govt.

With this reality that the party has been compromised, 4 of the 5 defeated AD governors and the last one standing, Tinubu had to leave the party and form another party, AC.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2023,: Osibanjo, Tinubu Fayemi Vow Never To Step Down For Each Other / The 9 Ways The Cabal Destroyed Tinubu's Political Ambition / Tinubu, Wike Meet In France As Atiku Seeks Rapprochement-thisday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.