Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

My 21 Days NYSC Experience Serving In Yobe State. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My 21 Days NYSC Experience Serving In Yobe State. (1409 Views)

Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe / My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. / Corps Members To Receive Their Allowance In A Couple Of Days – NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 21 Days NYSC Experience Serving In Yobe State. by samsine77(m): 9:14pm On Apr 12, 2022
This is the first time I'd be posting on NL, I'm not so much of an orator just manage my story as you see it, I'd try to make it as fun as I can.

I felt quite numb and filled with mixed emotions when I saw Yobe state as the state I'm to report to in 3days time. Mixed emotions because I've always wanted to have a feel of how Northern Nigeria is and NYSC is probably my only chance of doing that. However, the Northern state I've always wanted to visit was Plateau for reasons I honestly don't understand, okay I lied. I do understand, I've always nurtured the dream of leaving Nigeria for good sometimes in the future and Plateau has been rumoured to have the weather closest to theirs.

I called family and selected friends telling them about the state I was posted, I have a pretty good knowledge of Nigeria map so I pretty much knew the distance I'd be embarking on.

I resigned same Wednesday in my office, and prepared my luggage as I've been preparing all along(wise virgin grin). I couldn't even book a flight down to Yobe as there is no airport in the state, so my options were to either fly to Kano which is 4hours to Yobe, to Maiduguri which is 3hours to Yobe, or to of course go by road which you'd find out the time it took me later embarassed.

I called my friend that is schooling in Bauchi to get more information as regards the route I should follow and ask him about the state of security in the state( rhyme master cheesy). He was everything but nice in his response. He told me how insecure the state was and other scary thing and how Potiskum(the town I am going to) was held hostage by BokoHaram in the past which is actually true. Then after narrating all the ills about the place, he then told me how he was pulling my legs and how peaceful the state was now.

To be continued later.

1 Like

Re: My 21 Days NYSC Experience Serving In Yobe State. by blackboy(m): 9:47pm On Apr 12, 2022
Hope you have redeployed ? There is life after NYSC . Today that place can look peaceful then the next moment craze boys go take over. Jejely redeploy. You only live once. No be by force and dont risk your life because of adventure.

3 Likes

Re: My 21 Days NYSC Experience Serving In Yobe State. by wizzyvibes: 10:52am On Apr 13, 2022
Bro,continue na

1 Like

Re: My 21 Days NYSC Experience Serving In Yobe State. by Deicide: 10:19am On Apr 15, 2022
Now that Election is getting near
Re: My 21 Days NYSC Experience Serving In Yobe State. by Superlady2(f): 5:20pm On Apr 15, 2022
I hope you are safe though? I’m waiting for the rest of your story. May God continue to protect you.
Re: My 21 Days NYSC Experience Serving In Yobe State. by Mystique8(f): 6:34pm On Apr 15, 2022
The camp no bad sha grin

(1) (Reply)

What Is Happening To Osun State Allowance? / NYSC Batch A, 2017, Lets Meet Here! / Nasarawa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.