Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,687 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Where Have You Lived In Nigeria-only Places one year and more please - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Where Have You Lived In Nigeria-only Places one year and more please (5323 Views)

Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Meet Iranian Man Who Has Lived In A Paris Airport Since 1988 Because He Lost His / How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Have You Lived In Nigeria-only Places one year and more please by ZnO: 5:18pm On Jul 06, 2011
For me:
Abia (longest)
Lagos (fourth)
Oyo (second longest)
Imo (Fifth)
Rivers (Third longest)
Enugu (Sixth)
Anambra (Seventh)
Re: Where Have You Lived In Nigeria-only Places one year and more please by NegroNtns(m): 5:20pm On Jul 06, 2011
Lagos
Kano
Zaria
Ondo
Re: Where Have You Lived In Nigeria-only Places one year and more please by Chyz2: 5:27pm On Jul 06, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Lagos
Kano
Zaria
Ondo

Lmao! So you have not even lived in the SE or SS for 1 day yet you talk as if you have lived,died, and resurrected there. Na wa for you,lol grin
Re: Where Have You Lived In Nigeria-only Places one year and more please by Afam4eva(m): 5:35pm On Jul 06, 2011
Lagos(15 years)
Port-Hacourt(8 years)
Enugu(4 years)
Re: Where Have You Lived In Nigeria-only Places one year and more please by NegroNtns(m): 5:39pm On Jul 06, 2011
When I applied to Nsukka to study astronomy they used quote system to reject my interest.

I already was very fluent in Yoruba and Hausa, could write and read both and was interested in completing my WAZOBIA identity with igbo by studying in East.

So I ended back in North - Zaria.

Your people discriminated against me and robbed me of the chance to learn igbo.

I should report this to human rights grp to look into your discriminative practices against teenagers.
Re: Where Have You Lived In Nigeria-only Places one year and more please by NegroNtns(m): 5:41pm On Jul 06, 2011
In fact, I don't know now but, Nsukka was the only Uni at the time that offered dual degree in Physics and Astronomy.
Re: Where Have You Lived In Nigeria-only Places one year and more please by jason123: 5:45pm On Jul 06, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

When I applied to Nsukka to study astronomy they used quote system to reject my interest.

I already was very fluent in Yoruba and Hausa, could write and read both and was interested in completing my WAZOBIA identity with igbo by studying in East.

I should report this to human rights grp to look into your discriminative practices against teenagers.

It is tribalism!!! angry angry angry
Igbos are very wicked, abi cheesy
On a real,i t has nothing to do with "Your people" or Igbos. Maybe, you were not good enough or something . . .
Re: Where Have You Lived In Nigeria-only Places one year and more please by ZnO: 5:53pm On Jul 06, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

In fact, I don't know now but, Nsukka was the only Uni at the time that offered dual degree in Physics and Astronomy.

Still the only one in the entire Africa (for Astronomy)
Re: Where Have You Lived In Nigeria-only Places one year and more please by obowunmi(m): 5:56pm On Jul 06, 2011
Lagos
Abuja
Kaduna
Re: Where Have You Lived In Nigeria-only Places one year and more please by hercules07: 6:08pm On Jul 06, 2011
Lagos
Oyo
Osun
Been to almost all 36 states of the federation except Ebonyi, Jigawa, Kano, Katsina, Taraba and Adamawa.
Re: Where Have You Lived In Nigeria-only Places one year and more please by dayokanu(m): 6:30pm On Jul 06, 2011
Lagos
Oyo
Osun
Bauchi (NYSC)
Re: Where Have You Lived In Nigeria-only Places one year and more please by NegroNtns(m): 6:31pm On Jul 06, 2011
Still the only one in the entire Africa (for Astronomy

Really? Wow, that's Great!

Smebody's yucky mouth said something about I'm not good enough. Was that you said ZnO?
Re: Where Have You Lived In Nigeria-only Places one year and more please by FACE(m): 6:40pm On Jul 06, 2011
Imo, Enugu, Rivers, Lagos, Kaduna, Plateau, Abia and Kogi.

Negro_Ntns:

If you did not make UNN, it means that you did not make the merit cut off mark. Chances are that you also did not make the university pass mark of 200 either as that might qualify you to be admitted on quota depending on the level of performance of people from your state.

In any case quota admission is always less than 10% of total intake in UNN, otherwise the educationally disadvantaged people will just steal us-merit guys chances.

The cut off point is always very high for eastern states because of the competition to go there, therefore quota system never worked for us.

However, I had a friend from Kogi who was admitted to study medicine with a score of 220, whereas my friend from Imo who had 263 missed the cut by 4 points, but he was able to get uniport with some strings as uniport merit cut was 243 for medicine.
Re: Where Have You Lived In Nigeria-only Places one year and more please by NegroNtns(m): 6:45pm On Jul 06, 2011
Wow! Well see what you lost in all that equation you just expressed.

The opportunity of having the best propagandist in NL and the most savvy of all negotiators anywhere within the West African region.
Re: Where Have You Lived In Nigeria-only Places one year and more please by olawalebabs(m): 6:46pm On Jul 06, 2011
Kaduna
kwara
ondo
being to all the sw state, 4 in the north west, 4 in the north central, 1 in the south south and none in the southeast and northeast
Re: Where Have You Lived In Nigeria-only Places one year and more please by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 06, 2011
Lagos
Abuja
Benin [ school ]
Re: Where Have You Lived In Nigeria-only Places one year and more please by hercules07: 7:03pm On Jul 06, 2011
Forgot Bauchi served there in 1999/2000, so dayo you were at Wailo.
Re: Where Have You Lived In Nigeria-only Places one year and more please by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 06, 2011
hercules07:

You guys are lucky there was nothing like Boko Haram then. grin
Re: Where Have You Lived In Nigeria-only Places one year and more please by Odunnu: 7:18pm On Jul 06, 2011
Born in Kano
6years sec. school in Jigawa.
Shuttled btw Jigawa and Kaduna.
Maiduguri
Plateau
Benue
Bayelsa
AkwaIbom
Enugu
Rivers
and the funny thing in all this is that i've never spent more than a week in my state of origin.
Re: Where Have You Lived In Nigeria-only Places one year and more please by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 06, 2011
In all my few years in Nigeria, I've been to more states than most of una. My grandmother liked to travel a lot, point of having mixed origin in a big family.

But the best place I've ever been to is Ekiti kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss Worst is Lagos (but that was a few years back o, am sure things have changed grin )
Re: Where Have You Lived In Nigeria-only Places one year and more please by SEFAGO(m): 7:29pm On Jul 06, 2011
Grew up in Imo and Abia (10 years) moved to Lagos for a few years

ZnO:

For me:
Abia (longest)
Lagos (fourth)
Oyo (second longest)
Imo (Fifth)
Rivers (Third longest)
Enugu (Sixth)
Anambra (Seventh)

Ezigbo efife, Kedu?

Bros now, how far?
Re: Where Have You Lived In Nigeria-only Places one year and more please by Odunnu: 7:40pm On Jul 06, 2011
Is the question about what states you've been to or where you've lived/stayed atleast a year?
Re: Where Have You Lived In Nigeria-only Places one year and more please by ZnO: 7:48pm On Jul 06, 2011
Odunnu:

Is the question about what states you've been to or where you've lived/stayed at least a year?
Lived in, one year +
Re: Where Have You Lived In Nigeria-only Places one year and more please by dempeople(m): 7:54pm On Jul 06, 2011
So far, its like I'm the only one here who hasn't lived in more than two states for a year or more. Quite sort of embarrassing! I really need to tour 9ja.
Re: Where Have You Lived In Nigeria-only Places one year and more please by edoyad(m): 7:57pm On Jul 06, 2011
1Lagos - roughly 19 years.
2Plateau -  boarding school*
3 Kaduna.

*It's tricky with plateau since it was boarding school years. But i guess 3 terms of 3 months in a year amounts to 9 months. Multiply that by six and you get fifty four months. So yes, i stayed in jos for 4 and a half years.
Re: Where Have You Lived In Nigeria-only Places one year and more please by SEFAGO(m): 8:06pm On Jul 06, 2011
ZnO:

Lived in one year +

Bros, I greet you, you no greet me back sha.

We dey fight? undecided

dem_people:

So far, its like I'm the only one here who hasn't lived in more than two states for a year or more. Quite sort of embarrassing! I really need to tour 9ja.

Its good to experience the different cultures in Nigeria we are so diverse!!!

I have been to at least 25 states in Nigeria, and everyone is so different.

We are like a "Masala" or "Potpourri" of cultures
Re: Where Have You Lived In Nigeria-only Places one year and more please by dempeople(m): 8:26pm On Jul 06, 2011
SEFAGO:

Its good to experience the different cultures in Nigeria we are so diverse!!!

I have been to at least 25 states in Nigeria, and everyone is so different.

We are like a "Masala" or "Potpourri" of cultures

Wow. 25 states? That's great. I've only been to 8 (+ Abuja). I wish I did all these when I was still in 9ja. I really would like to visit Oyo, AK, CR, Kano, Kat, Sok, Niger and Taraba. I've covered the SE and some of the SS (3).
Re: Where Have You Lived In Nigeria-only Places one year and more please by dayokanu(m): 8:27pm On Jul 06, 2011
hercules07:

I was at Wailo before going for Primary assignment at Darazo
Re: Where Have You Lived In Nigeria-only Places one year and more please by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 06, 2011
Lived:
Lagos
Oyo

Been:
Ogun
Osun
Edo
Delta
Re: Where Have You Lived In Nigeria-only Places one year and more please by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 06, 2011
Benin-City - 14 years.
Surulere, Lagos - 1 year.
Re: Where Have You Lived In Nigeria-only Places one year and more please by damola1: 8:59pm On Jul 06, 2011
Lagos boy men, ALL me life, LAGOS,

Been to: Abj, Ogun, Oyo, ilorin, Phc, Benin, Delta and work will take me all around again in a few months to come,
Re: Where Have You Lived In Nigeria-only Places one year and more please by edoyad(m): 9:31pm On Jul 06, 2011
Dyslexic readers, i believe the OP said 1yr and above. That means even nysc doesn't qualify since it's only 11 months long.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Somali Cities At War Is Better Than Our "SOPHISTICATED" Cities At Peace / Cost Of Flight To And Fro Dubai / Uk Spouse Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.