Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,499 members, 7,850,730 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:15 AM

Video Footage Of How Us Bombed Baghdad In An Unprovoked War. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Video Footage Of How Us Bombed Baghdad In An Unprovoked War. (629 Views)

The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is / Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount / Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video Footage Of How Us Bombed Baghdad In An Unprovoked War. by jumper524(m): 6:53pm On Apr 13, 2022
19 years ago today the US bombed Bagdad
1 million Iraqis dead
A war started with lies
No sanctions
No war crimes tribunal

Meanwhile Bush was laying flowers in a Church for the victims in Ukraine demanding war criminals to be punished.

How insane is that? https:///kf9KERfUTb

19 years ago today the US bombed Bagdad
1 million Iraqis dead
A war started with lies
No sanctions
No war crimes tribunal

Meanwhile Bush was laying flowers in a Church for the victims in Ukraine demanding war criminals to be punished.

How insane is that? https:///kf9KERfUTb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yr-LaMhvro

1 Like

Re: Video Footage Of How Us Bombed Baghdad In An Unprovoked War. by Eneye4me: 7:31pm On Apr 13, 2022
God will continue to punish them and their supporters.

9 Likes

Re: Video Footage Of How Us Bombed Baghdad In An Unprovoked War. by gambojimeta: 7:35pm On Apr 13, 2022
Ordinary Buhari of less than 8 years and Fulani menace, people are wailing.

1 Like

Re: Video Footage Of How Us Bombed Baghdad In An Unprovoked War. by gambojimeta: 7:44pm On Apr 13, 2022
Following is a list of other crimes Saddam is accused of. The most notorious is his genocidal campaign against the Kurds in the north. The trial for those murders, and for others, will now continue with the remaining defendants.

1974 -- Dawa Killings
Five leaders of the Shiite Islamic Dawa Party were sentenced to death and killed as Saddam consolidated his power. In 2004, those murders were among many charges announced against Saddam. The U.S. State Department estimates thousands of Saddam's political rivals were killed.

1980 -- Fayli Deportations and Killings
Thousands of Kurds of the Fayli sect were persecuted. Some were expelled to Iran, others killed. Saddam thought of them as Iranian, and therefore as enemies. Fayli women were often imprisoned or put into camps.

1983 -- Barzani Abductions
After the Iraqi-based Kurdistan Democratic Party allied with Iran during the Iran-Iraq War, Saddam sought to punish the clan and its leader, Massoud Barzani. More than 5,000 males, some as young as 10, disappeared. Decades later the remains of 512 Barzani men were discovered in a mass grave. They were reinterred in 2005. A letter that shows Saddam's direct involvement in the crimes was discovered in Baghdad.

3 Likes

Re: Video Footage Of How Us Bombed Baghdad In An Unprovoked War. by gambojimeta: 7:44pm On Apr 13, 2022
1988 -- Al-Anfal Campaign

From February to September 1988, Saddam conducted what has been called a genocidal campaign against the Kurdish population. Gen. Ali Hassan al-Majid, or "Chemical Ali," Saddam's cousin, carried out the Al-Anfal operation using chemical weapons. Human Rights Watch estimates between 50,000 and 100,000 died. Kurdish officials and some international human rights groups put the number killed as high as 182,000. Saddam was on trial for the Anfal campaign at the time of his execution. Six defendants remain in the Al-Anfal case, including "Chemical Ali," who is facing charges of genocide.

1988 -- Halabja Gassing
During the Anfal campaign, "Chemical Ali" ordered an attack against civilians in the town of Halabja. Iraqi forces dropped bombs containing mustard and nerve gases. An estimated 5,000 men, women and children died in a single day. Many more died from long-term medical problems, and birth defects are still common in the area.

1990s -- Marsh Arabs Devastated
Saddam attacked the Shiite "Marsh Arabs" by destroying their land. Once a significant wetland, the marshes in southern Iraq were devastated by a government drainage plan that left behind a wasteland. In 1991, 250,000 Marsh Arabs lived in the region. Now 90 percent of the area is in ruins and only an estimated 20,000 people remain. Tens of thousands live in refugee camps in Iran. Efforts are now underway to restore the marshes. Human Rights Watch calls the campaign against the Marsh Arabs a crime against humanity and other rights activists call it genocide. There are claims chemical weapons also were used.
Re: Video Footage Of How Us Bombed Baghdad In An Unprovoked War. by gambojimeta: 7:45pm On Apr 13, 2022
1990 -- Invasion of Kuwait
In August of 1990, Saddam ordered the Iraqi military, the fourth largest military in the world at the time, to invade Kuwait, leading to the 1991 Gulf War. Iraqi soldiers are accused of torturing and executing hundreds of Kuwaitis, as well as taking hostages and looting. More than 700 oil wells were set on fire and pipelines opened, spilling oil into the Gulf.

1991 -- Kurdish and Shiite Rebellions
After heeding President George H.W. Bush's call to rebel against Saddam, Shiites and Kurds were crushed by immense Iraqi military force. Saddam turned his military against the people as part of his widespread crackdown after the war. The rebels thought they would have the backing of the U.S. military. Thousands have been discovered in mass graves.

1999 -- Al-Sadr Assassination
Ayatollah Muhammed al-Sadr, father of prominent Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr, and two of his sons were assassinated in 1999. Al-Sadr was a well-liked Shiite leader, and his death spawned Shiite uprisings in Baghdad. As he had previously, Saddam cracked down on the rebellion and hundreds were killed.

In a statement responding to the execution, Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Al-Maliki said, "Let the families of Iraqi martyrs killed in mass graves, Anfal, Halabja or those executed in the cells of the dead regime be happy. The mothers, orphans and widows should celebrate the death of the buried dictator."
Re: Video Footage Of How Us Bombed Baghdad In An Unprovoked War. by gambojimeta: 7:49pm On Apr 13, 2022

Re: Video Footage Of How Us Bombed Baghdad In An Unprovoked War. by Adjovi: 9:04pm On Apr 13, 2022
gambojimeta:
1990 -- Invasion of Kuwait
In August of 1990, Saddam ordered the Iraqi military, the fourth largest military in the world at the time, to invade Kuwait, leading to the 1991 Gulf War. Iraqi soldiers are accused of torturing and executing hundreds of Kuwaitis, as well as taking hostages and looting. More than 700 oil wells were set on fire and pipelines opened, spilling oil into the Gulf.

1991 -- Kurdish and Shiite Rebellions
After heeding President George H.W. Bush's call to rebel against Saddam, Shiites and Kurds were crushed by immense Iraqi military force. Saddam turned his military against the people as part of his widespread crackdown after the war. The rebels thought they would have the backing of the U.S. military. Thousands have been discovered in mass graves.

1999 -- Al-Sadr Assassination
Ayatollah Muhammed al-Sadr, father of prominent Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr, and two of his sons were assassinated in 1999. Al-Sadr was a well-liked Shiite leader, and his death spawned Shiite uprisings in Baghdad. As he had previously, Saddam cracked down on the rebellion and hundreds were killed.

In a statement responding to the execution, Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Al-Maliki said, "Let the families of Iraqi martyrs killed in mass graves, Anfal, Halabja or those executed in the cells of the dead regime be happy. The mothers, orphans and widows should celebrate the death of the buried dictator."

So this was a good reason to bomb Baghdad alongside innocent civilians ?

7 Likes

Re: Video Footage Of How Us Bombed Baghdad In An Unprovoked War. by gambojimeta: 9:07pm On Apr 13, 2022
Adjovi:

So this was a good reason to bomb Baghdad alongside innocent civilians ?
Next time tell Terrorists and dictators not to use human as shields.

In addition, Iraqis celebrated the ousting of Sadam Hussein

Re: Video Footage Of How Us Bombed Baghdad In An Unprovoked War. by Adjovi: 3:11pm On Apr 14, 2022
gambojimeta:

Next time tell Terrorists and dictators not to use human as shields.

In addition, Iraqis celebrated the ousting of Sadam Hussein

USA could have opened humanitarian corridors for civilians to escape but they didn't do that.

Russia is far better than the USA when it comes to humanitarian intervention.

Can you see your double standard and hypocrisy? If USA does it no matter the reason it is justified but if Russia does, then it's war crime.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Footage Of How Us Bombed Baghdad In An Unprovoked War. by gambojimeta: 3:42pm On Apr 14, 2022
Adjovi:

USA could have opened humanitarian corridors for civilians to escape but they didn't do that.

[s]Can you see your double standard and hypocrisy? If USA does it no matter the reason it is justified but if Russia does, then it's war crime[/s].

Iraqi war started on 20th March 2003, by April of the same year, there was already a 4th humanitarian corridor.
Always try to verify information on a search engine before spewing lies and saying things that you are unsure off.

Talking about humanitarian effort outside war time, USAID is literally present in Russia atleast before the invasion. What does that tell you? It tells me something about Proverbs 25 21-22 in the Christian Bible.

Let's even talk about USAID in Africa. If not for the USA and the West donor agencies across Africa, alot of African countries (Nigerians included) would have had lots of people killed by starvation and diseases. FACT

I can't help you with searching information. You should have been taught how to research information in school.

Re: Video Footage Of How Us Bombed Baghdad In An Unprovoked War. by Adjovi: 12:39am On Apr 15, 2022
gambojimeta:

Iraqi war started on 20th March 2003, by April of the same year, there was already a 4th humanitarian corridor.
Always try to verify information on a search engine before spewing lies and saying things that you are unsure off.

Talking about humanitarian effort outside war time, USAID is literally present in Russia atleast before the invasion. What does that tell you? It tells me something about Proverbs 25 21-22 in the Christian Bible.

Let's even talk about USAID in Africa. If not for the USA and the West donor agencies across Africa, alot of African countries (Nigerians included) would have had lots of people killed by starvation and diseases. FACT

I can't help you with searching information. You should have been taught how to research information in school.

What fact. We had local means of medication that was very effective. Do we value our own things? No

Yeah humanitarian corridor indeed that was why they bombed everything to the ground. What about Japan? It didn't matter because they bombed the USA first so it was justified to use nuclear weapons on Hiroshima and Nagasaki by the almighty always doing good USA right?

2 Likes

Re: Video Footage Of How Us Bombed Baghdad In An Unprovoked War. by Nobody: 6:05am On Apr 15, 2022
US is like my wealthy uncle who made his money by selling drugs and killing many people including my family members. But I cannot say the truth about him because he pays my school fees

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Video Footage Of How Us Bombed Baghdad In An Unprovoked War. by Nobody: 6:25am On Apr 15, 2022
Adjovi:

Can you see your double standard and hypocrisy? If USA does it no matter the reason it is justified but if Russia does, then it's war crime.

Russian better than US? You people will just stay in the comfort of your home and type anything.

US is a saint when compared to Russia. Do not be Unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: Video Footage Of How Us Bombed Baghdad In An Unprovoked War. by Damisic: 7:26am On Apr 15, 2022
BritishNaija:

Russian better than US? You people will just stay in the comfort of your home and type anything.

U are the unfortunate being here

U are so dumb to even support the bombings of civilian .....now when russia also bomb ...u go dey twitter dey shout war criminal ....well ......the population of people like u increase dialy in nairaland...even seun self those not have the intellect of geopolitics .....dumb people everywhere

Wawa

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Footage Of How Us Bombed Baghdad In An Unprovoked War. by gambojimeta: 7:36am On Apr 15, 2022
Adjovi:

What fact. We had local means of medication that was very effective. Do we value our own things? No

Yeah humanitarian corridor indeed that was why they bombed everything to the ground. What about Japan? It didn't matter because they bombed the USA first so it was justified to use nuclear weapons on Hiroshima and Nagasaki by the almighty always doing good USA right?
What the fuk did I just read. Are you replying my post or someone's else? grin

I debunked your lie with proof about humanitarian corridor. Instead of you to counter with your own proof, you go ahead to talk about agbo Jedi, opa-eyin, and some other unregulated bullshit herbs soaked in ogogoro and sold at bus garages, just to deflect USAID giving donor funds to Africa and Russia.. How well does your agbo work for child immortality and some other deadly diseases common in Africa ?

How does your agbo feed people starving in Africa?

As if that wasn't dumb enough, you then deflected by talking about Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

I hope you are not a product of the failed nigerian educational system grin

Re: Video Footage Of How Us Bombed Baghdad In An Unprovoked War. by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 15, 2022
Damisic:

I'm the unfortunate being here

I are so dumb to even support the bombings of civilian .....now when russia also bomb ...I go dey twitter dey show my war stupidity ....well ......the population of people like u increase dialy in nairaland...even seun self those not have the intellect of geopolitics .....dumb me everywhere

Wawa

Fixed. Best way to requote a Dumb Head.

1 Like

Re: Video Footage Of How Us Bombed Baghdad In An Unprovoked War. by Adjovi: 11:01am On Apr 15, 2022
BritishNaija:

USA Saint indeed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video Footage Of How Us Bombed Baghdad In An Unprovoked War. by Damisic: 11:31am On Apr 28, 2022
BritishNaija:

My father and mother is a dumb head

Wow ..u should have said earlier

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video Footage Of How Us Bombed Baghdad In An Unprovoked War. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 28, 2022
Damisic:

I'm Very Sorry to be late online, I could hardly sub Mb of 100 to Come online to show how Stupid and Useless i'm, Unlike you that resides in the UK and Very rich. I know my parents did not raise me well.

OK Son.
Re: Video Footage Of How Us Bombed Baghdad In An Unprovoked War. by Damisic: 2:04pm On Apr 28, 2022
BritishNaija:

My parents are oloriburuku ....my useless father married a prostitute to give both to a shameless me ...I don't know what to do with my life ...am so unfortunate...I don't think I can make it in this life .

Dammmm u so unfortunate
Re: Video Footage Of How Us Bombed Baghdad In An Unprovoked War. by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 28, 2022
Damisic:

Senior man abeg No vex O. Since they banned
Nurtw in lagos, i have been Very Unfortunate As that is my only source of income. My Father was agbero too, and i was birth under the bridge and i don't even know my mother. Senior Please have mercy on me even if it's garri money i do appreciate.

Lolz. You wilo get garri noney bro.

(1) (Reply)

Russia Has A Nazi Problem Too / Taliban Says Teenage Boys Create Homosexual Temptation, Bans Them From Gyms / Happy Birthday Vladmir Putin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.