Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,008 members, 7,835,423 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma (23374 Views)

Why Ladies Above 35 Years Should Propose To Men – Rev Father Oluoma / Father Oluoma: Ladies Virginity Is Not A Gift To Your Husbands / Why Do I Always Forget My Dreams Before Waking Up From Bed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by LollySeaSide: 7:08am On Apr 14, 2022
Those condemning the priest should take it easy.
The man is trying to be himself and be a Catholic (priest) at the same time.
I tell you for free, it's one of the most difficult things to do.
I am a Catholic so I know exactly what I am saying.
Just take his position on the matter: if your husband or wife abuses you, run!!!
There's no reason whatsoever, for anyone to stay in an abusive marriage.
Never endure a relationship that is destroying you in any way simply because you are afraid of what people will say.
Whatever the case may be, people must have something to talk about.
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by Ezechimaobim(m): 7:10am On Apr 14, 2022
Na you go still tell them for better and for worse till death do them path
Now death don do them path....
Religion have course more harm than good to black race, say no to religion

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by jmoore(m): 7:12am On Apr 14, 2022
GreyLaw:

Many have not read their Bibles. All they know is what their pastor taught them. They have not bothered to study the Bible. Speciation and divorce are different, but there are legitimate grounds for divorce in the Bible. And when I say Bible, I am referring to the New testament. Of course the Old testament is also the Bible, but I am making it clear where I am taking my reference from.
When you study the word of God in the original language, you will understand what I am saying.
The Catholic priest is limiting himself to English language which is a barrier.
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by Nobody: 7:13am On Apr 14, 2022
hakeem4:
The catholic church is one of the most confused cult in the world.

We all could remember 1996 when there was a referendum in the Irish republic, If the state's constitution should prohibit divorce or not? They did so for 2 primary reasons.

1) It was no longer thought right that the Roman Catholic Church should legislate its morality for all citizens.

2)It was obviously impossible even to hope for eventual Irish reuni- fication if the large Protestant minority in the North was continually repelled by the possibility of clerical rule.

Mother Teresa flew all the way from Calcutta to help campaign, along with the church and its hard-liners, for a “no” vote. In other words, an Irish woman married to a wife-beating and incestuous drunk should never expect anything better, and might endanger her soul if she begged for a fresh start, while as for the Protestants, they could either choose the blessings of Rome or stay out altogether.

The referendum eventu- ally amended the constitution, though by the narrowest of majori- ties. (Mother Teresa in the same year gave an interview saying that she hoped her friend Princess Diana would be happier after she had escaped from what was an obviously miserable marriage, but it’s less of a surprise to find the church applying sterner laws to the poor, or offering indulgences to the rich.)

coming frm a yeroba muslim if you don’t stfu
You knw nothing abt the catholic doctrine
As the same way no one can come criticise your faith

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by cybriz82(m): 7:14am On Apr 14, 2022
blazingblender:
.fr oluoma
The only priest that speaks for the people
The Catholic Church don't practice divorce
So what is the difference between nullification and divorce kwanu??

Same thing my guy told his babe he is more interested in d relationship..I no do again" but babe keep asking him to tell her if he is fed up or something...abeg wetin b different between I no do again n am fed up?
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by VIKTO83(m): 7:16am On Apr 14, 2022
2 Corinthians 13vs 7 *Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things*
1. Love bears all things: This is where our problems began. This is from where a lot of people had been held in bondage. This is from where a lot had meet untimely death today.
Love bears all things: With this, d pastors advices u to keep bearing the burdens of a horrible relationship. Where d woman will call u unprintable and provocative names. Where d man will beat the woman like usual chisel used by panel beaters. Where the woman and man experiences d worst form of disconnection in a relationship worse than toxic but on remembering that 'love bears all things ' he/she keeps taking it until it takes either of them to untimely death. Of course u know men die earlier than women because they suffer most in marriage than women.
2. Love believe all things: Yes u wallow in foolishness and stupidity which u voluntarily consent to because u were told that love believes all things. First I want you to know that love is deceitful. After Osinachi's husband humiliated her, he goes to her to plead for forgiveness and promise he wasn't gonna repeat it. So because love believe all things she had no option than to believe d demon. Then unfortunately she goes to church on Sunday and she heard d pastor reaffirm that love believes everything. D pastor gathers other verses from d holy book to support his claim snd further push her to her early grave. She kept believing until she believed that even if she's killed that she has a *hope* of resurrection on d last day. After all love *Hopes* for all things. She kept hoping on change which will never come.
3. *Love hope for all things* Hoping that woman with foul mouth will change is likened to waiting for airplane at d railway station....same with a man that hit his woman, drunk or so many other unbearable habits.
There are things that can never change. There are people that will never change. They can only upgrade.
4. *Love endures all things* This is what made a lot of people who by today would have been happy and alive but unfortunately are somewhere sad and dead. U were running away from going to hell fire because u were told that divorce is sin, while u are busy getting angry all day which the Bible said anger is as worse as sin of witchcraft.
Now how do u balance it? U don't want to leave a relationship because u don't want to go to hell fire but u are always angry in ur marriage in which u will also offend God through ur anger and still go to that Hell fire.

I beg u...its not only to d women. It's for the women and men. All gender suffers in toxic relationship. Instead of enduring and hoping and believing, please break it and rather live like friends. U can co-train d kids if any. Just know that d kids need both of u alive than dead.

Say No to enduring toxic relationship.
Say No to hoping in a stinking relationship.
Say No to believing that what's bad will later get better.
Say No to deceit that had sent many to d grave and to Hell.
Say No to Domestic violence.
Say No to bullying .
Women respect ur men.
Men Love ur women.
Importantly when it's not working please walk.

I come in peace

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by cybriz82(m): 7:18am On Apr 14, 2022
Sometimes na religion dey kill all this women...my pastor say this n that...my church say this n that if I divorce my husband it will a shameful this n that to me...
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by karmaolu1(m): 7:20am On Apr 14, 2022
Run, Mummy daddy is coming run!
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by Nigerianfactor: 7:20am On Apr 14, 2022
GreyLaw:

If I may ask, did Jesus talk about divorce? If he did, which book, chapter and verse did he talk about it, and then what did he say about divorce. Thanks in advance.

Read your Bible at Mathew 19:9. He said there is only one reason why you can divorce your marriage partner - sexual immorality (having sex with persons you are not married to)
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by lexy2014: 7:21am On Apr 14, 2022
EBMedia:

https://igberetvnews.com/1418039/catholic-church-believes-separation-bed-divorce-rev-father-oluoma/

All this one na grammar. As it relates to Paul enechie and his church, the question is did d late woman report her issues to d church? If she did, what actions did the church take to protect her apart from telling her God hates divorce?

Inasmuch as divorce is forbidden in the church, it is wrong for d church to say it and not put any mechanism in place to help women in the church to deal with these issues. It's not enough to preach the grammar on d altar. Churches should have a department with trained social workers who can help women facing such issues. They shouldn't just say God hates divorce but encourage their members who are having marital issues to come forward so they can find help before they are sent to d grave
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by 12345baba(m): 7:24am On Apr 14, 2022
blazingblender:
.fr oluoma
nullification means the marriage never existed this mostly happens when one of the couple where lied to before the wedding. Example husband never told wife he was impotent before they wedded, that marriage will be nullified once the wife brings the matter to the church
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by lexy2014: 7:27am On Apr 14, 2022
cybriz82:
Sometimes na religious dey kill all this women...my pastor say this n that...my church say this n that if I divorce my husband it will a shameful this n that to me...

Yes divorce shouldn't be encouraged in d church and for good reason. But churches have been very irresponsible in handling these issues as they haven't given these women pragmatic alternatives to help protect them. It shows churches aren't really interested in people's welfare. What churches ought to do is discourage divorce but at d same time create mechanisms for women having issues to come forward so the churches can help them thru their trials. U can just say no divorce and abandon the person to her fate
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by AmazonTopaz(f): 7:32am On Apr 14, 2022
Women need respect too, men need love too.
VIKTO83:
2 Corinthians 13vs 7 *Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things*
1. Love bears all things: This is where our problems began. This is from where a lot of people had been held in bondage. This is from where a lot had meet untimely death today.
Love bears all things: With this, d pastors advices u to keep bearing the burdens of a horrible relationship. Where d woman will call u unprintable and provocative names. Where d man will beat the woman like usual chisel used by panel beaters. Where the woman and man experiences d worst form of disconnection in a relationship worse than toxic but on remembering that 'love bears all things ' he/she keeps taking it until it takes either of them to untimely death. Of course u know men die earlier than women because they suffer most in marriage than women.
2. Love believe all things: Yes u wallow in foolishness and stupidity which u voluntarily consent to because u were told that love believes all things. First I want you to know that love is deceitful. After Osinachi's husband humiliated her, he goes to her to plead for forgiveness and promise he wasn't gonna repeat it. So because love believe all things she had no option than to believe d demon. Then unfortunately she goes to church on Sunday and she heard d pastor reaffirm that love believes everything. D pastor gathers other verses from d holy book to support his claim snd further push her to her early grave. She kept believing until she believed that even if she's killed that she has a *hope* of resurrection on d last day. After all love *Hopes* for all things. She kept hoping on change which will never come.
3. *Love hope for all things* Hoping that woman with foul mouth will change is likened to waiting for airplane at d railway station....same with a man that hit his woman, drunk or so many other unbearable habits.
There are things that can never change. There are people that will never change. They can only upgrade.
4. *Love endures all things* This is what made a lot of people who by today would have been happy and alive but unfortunately are somewhere sad and dead. U were running away from going to hell fire because u were told that divorce is sin, while u are busy getting angry all day which the Bible said anger is as worse as sin of witchcraft.
Now how do u balance it? U don't want to leave a relationship because u don't want to go to hell fire but u are always angry in ur marriage in which u will also offend God through ur anger and still go to that Hell fire.

I beg u...its not only to d women. It's for the women and men. All gender suffers in toxic relationship. Instead of enduring and hoping and believing, please break it and rather live like friends. U can co-train d kids if any. Just know that d kids need both of u alive than dead.

Say No to enduring toxic relationship.
Say No to hoping in a stinking relationship.
Say No to believing that what's bad will later get better.
Say No to deceit that had sent many to d grave and to Hell.
Say No to Domestic violence.
Say No to bullying .
Women respect ur men.
Men Love ur women.
Importantly when it's not working please walk.

I come in peace

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by Okoroawusa: 7:33am On Apr 14, 2022
What is the difference between nullification and divorce bikokwanu?

These religious people dey call us fools? There are millions of divorced Catholics all over the world nah...

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by Okoroawusa: 7:35am On Apr 14, 2022
12345baba:
nullification means the marriage never existed this mostly happens when one of the couple where lied to before the wedding. Example husband never told wife he was impotent before they wedded, that marriage will be nullified once the wife brings the matter to the church
Will they continue to live together after the nullification?
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by thinkmoney(m): 7:38am On Apr 14, 2022
SmartPolician:

Any church that promotes divorce has their agenda because that's not the will of God. God doesn't support divorce; no church should. Separation is not divorce. The former doesn't lead to the latter automatically. People separate, miss each other and still make up after sorting out their issues. Let's not forget that.
You people should just stop. Be truly afraid of God na. Why will u be misrepresenting God.
God hates divorce but allows it under some certain conditions. You people don't even really have the fear of God again. You just deliberately ignore a bible passage if it doesn't align with your bias and sentiments. What effontery?! How do you then manage to ignore matthew 19:9

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by SledgeHammerer: 7:43am On Apr 14, 2022
EBMedia:

https://igberetvnews.com/1418039/catholic-church-believes-separation-bed-divorce-rev-father-oluoma/

Use of words called semantics.
There's no difference between nullification, seperation from bed and divorce.

Wetin be d difference between wen nor dey again and we don break up.?
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by maasoap(m): 7:45am On Apr 14, 2022
SmartPolician:

Any church that promotes divorce has their agenda because that's not the will of God. God doesn't support divorce; no church should. Separation is not divorce. The former doesn't lead to the latter automatically.

Continue. You don't promote divorce but you indirectly promote murders. Evil husbands or wives are what they are no matter the stands of the church against divorce.

People separate, miss each other and still make up after sorting out their issues. Let's not forget that.

The late singer made up with her husband and went back, only to be killed. Looks like you didn't learn anything at all, brainwashed lots.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by goldust777: 7:45am On Apr 14, 2022
Everybody done turn marriage counselor because of osinachi ordeal to get attention, attention seeking generation with no goal mentality nobody is talking about the welfare of the kids as their father is in jail, nobody is talking about wives that batter their husbands.always looking for who to call bad guy instead of addressing issues from a general objective of you check his history now he might be a pedophile,gay or knacking someone's wife na to use dead people dey cash out them sabi undecided
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by house10s2: 7:45am On Apr 14, 2022
SmartPolician:

Any church that promotes divorce has their agenda because that's not the will of God. God doesn't support divorce; no church should. Separation is not divorce. The former doesn't lead to the latter automatically. People separate, miss each other and still make up after sorting out their issues. Let's not forget that.

Jesus appears to say that divorce is allowed only if adultery has occurred. “Whoever divorces a wife, except for sexual indecency, and remarries, commits adultery” (Matt. 19:9).

n also people miss what? the physical beating? threat to life? u ok shey

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by Arysexy(m): 7:54am On Apr 14, 2022
blazingblender:
.fr oluoma

Separation is temporary relief granted in toxic marriage like that of osinachi, while the two parties undergo counseling to iron out issues. They are allowed to separate temporary while effort are made to reconcile and bring back d couples to same roof

Annulment takes place if after marriage, it was discovered to a logical and evidence backed conclusion that a valid marriage did not take place. Eg of conditions for valid marriage not to take place are, marriage between blood brother and sister, deceptive marriage like where a fake blood group result was used, Eg SS vs SS and one partner claimed AA, a marriage where a partner knows he/she is impotent or has no womb and deceive d other to go into marriage etc. In these cases, the marriage is not valid bc the vow made before God was deceptive, the church through its marriage tribunal annuls such marriage on falsehood and declare them false marriage.

Divorce, a validly conducted marriage without any prior impediment CANNOT be divorced.

That's why the church advice that couples coming for Marriage should ensure they know what they are going into. Marriage class of 6months to prepare you on what you are entering into is a pre-requisite
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by Sholato242(m): 7:54am On Apr 14, 2022
Nullification is a marriage under pretence and lies. It's a falsification of marriage. Such marriages can be nullified in Catholic church. The two parties will go there separate ways
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by composure: 7:59am On Apr 14, 2022
SmartPolician:

Then the conditions God gave in the Bible when to divorce your wife is called what,,,? "Separation" abi?.

A woman will deliberately abduct the kids from thier matrimonial home and abcsonds with them to meet another man to cohabit with him.

The husband will be looking for her and the kids only to discover that she had already taken in for another man then,, since God hates divorce, they settle thier differences and continue abi,,?

Dear men, operation cut off every simple SIMPLETON from you.
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by Theunbothered: 7:59am On Apr 14, 2022
SmartPolician:

God must prefer women get beat up and killed by their husbands then because there is no way you will encourage a person to go back to a man or woman after their lives.
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by Theunbothered: 8:01am On Apr 14, 2022
Arysexy:

Separation is temporary relief granted in toxic marriage like that of osinachi, while the two parties undergo counseling to iron out issues. They are allowed to separate temporary while effort are made to reconcile and bring back d couples to same roof

Annulment takes place if after marriage, it was discovered to a logical and evidence backed conclusion that a valid marriage did not take place. Eg of conditions for valid marriage not to take place are, marriage between blood brother and sister, deceptive marriage like where a fake blood group result was used, Eg SS vs SS and one partner claimed AA, a marriage where a partner knows he/she is impotent or has no womb and deceive d other to go into marriage etc. In these cases, the marriage is not valid bc the vow made before God was deceptive, the church through its marriage tribunal annuls such marriage on falsehood and declare them false marriage.

Divorce, a validly conducted marriage without any prior impediment CANNOT be divorced

Osinachi ran away for a time but foolish church elders came back to beg her, when she eventually died they just said prayers and condolences.

Sha continue killing and deceiving yourselves over doctrine the church twists and changes whenever it's convenient.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by Nobody: 8:03am On Apr 14, 2022
Mynd44:

Nulification is not divorce especially in Nigerian Family.

Explain.
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by roGF22(m): 8:06am On Apr 14, 2022
EBMedia:

No matter what, people will always see signs b4 getting into marriage, but wish to ignore it...then tomorrow, they will be looking for divorce. The summary of everything is "Marry right"...

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by descartes400: 8:10am On Apr 14, 2022
SmartPolician:

God doesn't support divorce because it is not his will you say?

So can we now infer that he support domestic violence and death occurrences in marriages due to domestic abuses. That the religious entity referred to as God does not support divorce as a means to prevent further domestic violence and possible death in marriages?

What kind of god is he? This god must love violence...such is how your post portrays him.

Where does in the catholic bible does god advocate separation from bed?
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by techWriter3: 8:11am On Apr 14, 2022
The church should revising its ruling on divorce
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 14, 2022
blazingblender:
.fr oluoma
Nullification: You WILL (must) remarry same person at a later or better time.

Divorce: You MAY remarry same person at a later or better time.
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by nzechukwuuu(m): 8:13am On Apr 14, 2022
Catholic separation - Temporary parting of married couple to allow for intervention, prayers, negotiations and possible reunion
Catholic nullification - A special panel made up of renowned priests and lay people determines that a marriage was never consummated or was contracted in deceit . Consummation simply means taking your wife or husband to bed after marriage (this must happen for a Catholic marriage to be valid unless both parties agree not to). so a marriage can be nullified when you are unable to consummate a marriage and one of you comes to report, a marriage can also be nullified on grounds of deceit if you discover that one party is already married to someone else and hid the info. these are all clearly different from divorce.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! / Prophet Jeremiah Omoto-Fufeyin Gives Muslim Food-packs In FCT / Women Were Not Created To Take Care Of Themselves - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.