Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,516 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma (23363 Views)

Why Ladies Above 35 Years Should Propose To Men – Rev Father Oluoma / Father Oluoma: Ladies Virginity Is Not A Gift To Your Husbands / Why Do I Always Forget My Dreams Before Waking Up From Bed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 14, 2022
SmartPolician:

Any church that promotes divorce has their agenda because that's not the will of God. God doesn't support divorce; no church should. Separation is not divorce. The former doesn't lead to the latter automatically. People separate, miss each other and still make up after sorting out their issues. Let's not forget that.
sorry I have no intention to insult a man I've never met but for your point, I'd call you a fool.
note that if I met you in real life, we'd shake hands and be good friends with utmost respect. so take the insult like a man you are and carry on your day
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by johnlegend01: 8:18am On Apr 14, 2022
The Church will only nullify a marriage if it was based on lies. i.e if one party lied or concealed an information before marriage. A man who is impotent gets married and after the wedding the woman just gets to know. The marriage can be nullified. If he told the woman before marriage and she is fine with it, then the marriage is valid.
Separation is just temporary. It allows for resolutions. When the life of a partner in marriage is threatened, when a marriage becomes toxic, separation is advised.

For those comparing, nullification and separation are not the same. You cannot be wiser than the Church.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by Lionnation: 8:20am On Apr 14, 2022
blazingblender:
.fr oluoma
The only priest that speaks for the people
The Catholic Church don't practice divorce
So what is the difference between nullification and divorce kwanu??
it means if you seperate you can't remarry because you are still husband and wife even in seperation
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by Arysexy(m): 8:21am On Apr 14, 2022
Theunbothered:

Osinachi ran away for a time but foolish church elders came back to beg her, when she eventually died they just said prayers and condolences.

Sha continue killing and deceiving yourselves over doctrine the church twists and changes whenever it's convenient.

We are talking about catholic church here. In separation, like a toxic marriage, the husband is made to sign undertaking not to raise hand on the wife. Certain conditions are given before they are allowed to come back.
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:23am On Apr 14, 2022
We need to debate on divorce.

All those pastors shouting "shine your eyes" are making it seem like it is impossible to correct a mistake.

If you feel you have married wrongly, you should be able to consider a divorce.

No one should be forced to remain in a prison all the name of MARRIAGE.

Divorce should always be an option. And society needs to accept it, and stop discriminating against divorcees, especially divorced women.

The other day, one ignorant blogger made a post about celebrity marriages that have supposedly lasted the test of time. While I may not know the true motive of the blogger, I believe that posts such as that are really problematic. That Olu Jacob and Joke Silva have been together for years does not mean they are stronger than people who leave their marriages after one year.

Stop comparing marriages because situations and experiences differ. If you find yourself yolked with an abusive spouse, please explore every option to save yourself.

And take note that abuse is not only physical. Anyone who talks down on you, verbally abuses, rubbishes your opinion, body-shames you, and is intolerant and highly critical of your flaws is not worthy of you. It is not until they raise their hands that you will start running. Start running as soon as you perceive even the subtlest of disrespect.

I told someone sometime back when her fiance called her "mad fool!", I asked if it was a new one. She said he uses it when he is angry with her, but he has never hit her. I told her, that is verbal abuse. You better run! She was like, "because of that small insult?"

OK, stay there. You will soon realize that no abuse is small.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by Arysexy(m): 8:25am On Apr 14, 2022
[s]
hakeem4:
The catholic church is one of the most confused cult in the world.

We all could remember 1996 when there was a referendum in the Irish republic, If the state's constitution should prohibit divorce or not? They did so for 2 primary reasons.

1) It was no longer thought right that the Roman Catholic Church should legislate its morality for all citizens.

2)It was obviously impossible even to hope for eventual Irish reuni- fication if the large Protestant minority in the North was continually repelled by the possibility of clerical rule.

Mother Teresa flew all the way from Calcutta to help campaign, along with the church and its hard-liners, for a “no” vote. In other words, an Irish woman married to a wife-beating and incestuous drunk should never expect anything better, and might endanger her soul if she begged for a fresh start, while as for the Protestants, they could either choose the blessings of Rome or stay out altogether.

The referendum eventu- ally amended the constitution, though by the narrowest of majori- ties. (Mother Teresa in the same year gave an interview saying that she hoped her friend Princess Diana would be happier after she had escaped from what was an obviously miserable marriage, but it’s less of a surprise to find the church applying sterner laws to the poor, or offering indulgences to the rich.)

[/s]

This is Hakeem, a yoruba MUSLIM in a Christian thread, abusing a church by calling her a cult and writing what he doesn't know, but a Muslim thread will be locked and you be made to swear oath of allegiance to MOREharmMADE before you can comment.

Seun, this discrimination in religion has to stop
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by Amhappy(f): 8:27am On Apr 14, 2022
Nullification is for marriages based on falsehood. When there's no disclosure of impediments that has been in your life before the marriage was contracted Egs: Hiding that you are impotent,no womb, have mental illness,HIV, secret marriage. That one is express nullification by the Church. It's even in the wedding vow. You say something like 'I Okeke know not of any legal impediment to this marriage'. So if you know and hid it and your partner found out after the marriage,he/she can ask for nullification because the marriage is null and void. Separation is temporal staying away from each other while other people mediate for reconciliation. Divorce is legal and more permanent separation of a valid marriage. The Church doesn't not support this and I don't stand with the Church on that. Any vow can be broken if the people that took the vow want it broken. It's not a chain or perpetual bondage. Only make it a last resort (final bus stops) when every other solution has failed to avoid people abusing it. God did same with the law of Moses.
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by greypencils: 8:27am On Apr 14, 2022
I don't know about divorce but you separate immediately from any spouse that is violent towards you. You move out of the house to save your life. If you are so willing to keep your promises of better for worse, you may remain unmarried for the rest of your life but definitely, do not stay under the same roof.
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by Emmani360(m): 8:30am On Apr 14, 2022
All this people talking about separating and then growing fond of each other while separated and then coming back together, I'm here to tell you that you are all mad. As long as abuse is involved whether physical or emotional, brothers and sisters please divorce.
Someone inherently evil and wicked will remain so whether they are fond of you or not, It will only be a matter of time before he/she goea back to abusing you after you get back together.
Brethren please divorce that devil and have peace because dying in a abusive marriage will not automatically take you to heaven, infact if we are being literal with the Bible, being in an abusive relationship will take you to hell because is it not the temple of God that you are subjecting to constant demolition, mentally and physically.
Mind you that emotional abuse in some case is worse than physical abuse so it's not until he/she starts beating you that you'll say you are being abused.
If Jesus comes today I'm sure the church will crucify him again the way they did before because he was not conforming with their interpretation of the scripture.
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by whiskystan: 8:32am On Apr 14, 2022
Nobody’s life is meant to be tied on a failed relationship or family structure. If it’s toxic u have every right to pull out of it.
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by AngelicBeing: 8:34am On Apr 14, 2022
SmartPolician:

Any church that promotes divorce has their agenda because that's not the will of God. God doesn't support divorce; no church should. Separation is not divorce. The former doesn't lead to the latter automatically. People separate, miss each other and still make up after sorting out their issues. Let's not forget that.
Gbamsulotely cool

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by Nemesis08(m): 8:36am On Apr 14, 2022
A marriage is annulled when it is discovered that there's a reason for the marriage not have held in the beginning, for instance when there's false declaration from beginning that could have stopped the marriage, or one of the parties being secretly married before. Divorce is dissolution of the marriage based on request of any of the parties and its not allowed by the Canon law of the catholic church
backnbeta:
Nullify: make legally null and void; invalidate.
Divorce the legal dissolution of a marriage by a court or other competent body.

Nullify, don't divorce ... what's the difference?
They are one and the same, dear Catholic brethrens!

Separation is okay for a while, but if their hearts don't grow fonder for each other, better to just make your marriage legally null and void or legally dissolve the marriage

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by jimtemi1: 8:36am On Apr 14, 2022
Nonsense! Separation from bed but she still cook and perform all her domesticated functions except from BED mtcheeew
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by Opolopoopolonio: 8:37am On Apr 14, 2022
FBIBOT:
This churches should be realistic jare stop confusing your members with English language... Stay away from toxic and violent relationships/marriages... It's deadly... Women you can't change man who isn't wiling to change

Women MUST AVOID getting into abusive marriages.

And when they enter one they should SEPARATE when it becomes abusive.

SEPARATION not divorce is allowed in Christianity.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by Samfloxin(m): 8:44am On Apr 14, 2022
SmartPolician:

And what if the partner vehemently and consistently refused to chang
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by Theunbothered: 8:45am On Apr 14, 2022
Arysexy:

We are talking about catholic church here. In separation, like a toxic marriage, the husband is made to sign undertaking not to raise hand on the wife. Certain conditions are given before they are allowed to come back.

After signing the undertaking they will still hire undertaker to bury the wife.
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by Rubyventures: 8:48am On Apr 14, 2022
Jestin:
I see divorce as tools that scatter the home and the kids. Baba God , just bless me with a good woman.

Kids that come from homes where their parents physically and verbally abuse each other are more damaged.
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by SmartPolician: 8:49am On Apr 14, 2022
house10s2:

Jesus appears to say that divorce is allowed only if adultery has occurred. “Whoever divorces a wife, except for sexual indecency, and remarries, commits adultery” (Matt. 19:9).

n also people miss what? the physical beating? threat to life? u ok shey

We are not taking about adultery. That's not the topic here. We are talking about wife battery. Everyone knows that adultery is non-negotiable.
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 14, 2022
backnbeta:

Separation is okay for a while, but if their hearts don't grow fonder for each other, better to just make your marriage legally null and void or legally dissolve the marriage
the difference between divorce and separation is that when you are separated, you are still married to him and you can't remarry till he dies. When you divorce him, you can remarry and divorce is not allow in Christiandom. The only thing that can separate you and your husband is death.
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by SWATMan: 8:53am On Apr 14, 2022
hakeem4 post=111928932:

We all could remember 1996 when there was a referendum in the Irish republic, If the state's constitution should prohibit divorce or not? They did so for 2 primary reasons.

1) It was no longer thought right that the Roman Catholic Church should legislate its morality for all citizens.

2)It was obviously impossible even to hope for eventual Irish reuni- fication if the large Protestant minority in the North was continually repelled by the possibility of clerical rule.

Mother Teresa flew all the way from Calcutta to help campaign, along with the church and its hard-liners, for a “no” vote. In other words, an Irish woman married to a wife-beating and incestuous drunk should never expect anything better, and might endanger her soul if she begged for a fresh start, while as for the Protestants, they could either choose the blessings of Rome or stay out altogether.

The referendum eventu- ally amended the constitution, though by the narrowest of majori- ties. (Mother Teresa in the same year gave an interview saying that she hoped her friend Princess Diana would be happier after she had escaped from what was an obviously miserable marriage, but it’s less of a surprise to find the church applying sterner laws to the poor, or offering indulgences to the rich.)

The rubbish you posted above shows that you are a confused person. How can an institution that has stood for over two millenniums be confused. What contribution (s) have you made as an individual or with a group that gave you the audacity to put up the useless write up you penned above. FYI, The Catholic Church is the only stable institution in this unstable world. I wonder how it's foolishness made it to remain stable all these years.
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by djon78(m): 8:53am On Apr 14, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

Has the CHURCH ever stopped anyone from divorcing? The CHURCH is not holding anyone.
You own your Life, so take ur decisions boldly.

You were human before becoming a member of a church. Nigerian Christians are increasingly becoming stupid through a Religion Teleported & brought down to you by your fellow humans.
CHURCH doesn't own any single Life.

In Fact, All the Lands inhabited by Churches in the villages were given to them by the community.
The communities were there before the churches arrived, but the churches have now become too powerful, ordering activities of several communities, telling them who deserves a befitting burial or not.
We should be ashamed of ourselves.
Churches now tell communities when they will use same open fields given to dem by same villages. Are we normal at all?
Dia's something wrong with the BLACK RACE!

Honestly I am beginning to question churches now.

How the African man threw away his culture for the ones of the white man, still baffles me.

I think the Church just fronts God but when you look deep, those that run these churches have no resemblance of God or anything godly.

I have started freeing myself from church

I personally talk to God, but men fronting for God, many use it to scam men. Although there are still genuine honest ones that truly connect to God, but they are very few.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by matm: 8:59am On Apr 14, 2022
Fr oluoma should be more careful with some of his utterances which he posts online to Garner attention.
Dts how heresy starts.Face ur work in ur parish before d devil uses u to preach heresy and put at an edge with d church dt will lead to ur de-robbing.
Before u go online even if u are right, consult ur superiors to be properly guided.
Even d pope doesn't go online anyhow.
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by ehay(f): 9:22am On Apr 14, 2022
[color=#006600][/color]f
SmartPolician:

Please tell me...what happens when they don't miss each other again and never want to come back together?
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by blazingblender(m): 9:24am On Apr 14, 2022
Astoria:
Nullification: You WILL (must) remarry same person at a later or better time.

Divorce: You MAY remarry same person at a later or better time.
hmmm atleast this sounds better
Alot of couple's needs this
A chance to heal

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by ButterBurger: 9:28am On Apr 14, 2022
No be only separation bed divorce, na converging and transforming bed.
Nonsense
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by Lightorder: 9:33am On Apr 14, 2022
backnbeta:

if you like divorce but don’t remarry until one person dies. If you like shout as you like, that is what the Bible said in a plain English. It doesn’t need another interpretation
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by Sonn(m): 9:36am On Apr 14, 2022
hakeem4:

the name Hakeem sounds like a Muslim name to me, but i will reply you even if you are, though i couldn't go through the long lines, but from the little i did' i give you somethings.
1, Catholic Church is not a cultist group,
2, The Catholic Church remains the most organized Church in the world, go and make research.
3, The church can never support divorcebut That doesn't mean they have challenges.
4, you don't judge with governmental standard, we are talking about the church as an independent institution and it's doctrine.
5, last but not least' desist from attacking the Church, just an advise.
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by backnbeta(f): 9:45am On Apr 14, 2022
Nuttella:
the difference between divorce and separation is that when you are separated, you are still married to him and you can't remarry till he dies. When you divorce him, you can remarry and divorce is not allow in Christiandom. The only thing that can separate you and your husband is death.
On the contrary, divorce is allowed in Christiandom (Mathew 19:9). Why separate from a man only to live a lonely and miserable life while he catches his cruise? So, a 35-year-old christian man/woman is expected to remain separated(but married undecided) to a spouse who will probably live for 40 more years? Divorce is better than living a sinful IMO
Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by olabode100: 10:13am On Apr 14, 2022
Oyinbo even start with separation before the main divorce.
Divorce process is very long in some places. Separation is the first process in divorce so that they can still mingle after sometimes. It's just like when you have issues with your wife or husband and you want to clear your head and leave the environment for sometime and before you know it, you have sorted out the issue. So is SEPARATION works too.
SmartPolician:

Re: Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma by Sheggy13(m): 10:15am On Apr 14, 2022
backnbeta:

Thanks, I get your point. My point here is in relation to a wedding not based on lies. If you are in an abusive marriage, you will divorce and not nullify because you are terminating the contract. But from the Catholic point of view, I'm guessing a woman in an abusive marriage has to separate or endure. But a woman or man who was deceived into a marriage can call for nullification based on the lies. Like you said, I'm not a Catholic and it may be difficult for me to understand. Thanks all the same.
A sort of confused doctrine to me. So a man that took a marriage oath to cherish and care for a woman for better for worse and later got into the marriage and suddenly turned the woman into a punching bag isn't a form of deceit? She was obviously deceived into the marriage because no right thinking woman would go ahead to marry a man that is already beating her regularly before marriage. It should be enough ground for nullification since he deceived her to be a gentleman when he's a wife beater.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prophet Jeremiah Omoto-Fufeyin Gives Muslim Food-packs In FCT / 10 Reasons Why You Should Go To Church! / What Is The Right Day To Go To Church: Saturday Or Sunday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.