Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Acn Govs Resolve To Pay Minimum Wage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Acn Govs Resolve To Pay Minimum Wage (813 Views)

We Are No More Going To Pay Minimum Wage - Governors!! / Acn Govs Resolve To Pay Minimum Wage / Why Northern States Can’t Pay Minimum Wage, By Zamfara Gov . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Acn Govs Resolve To Pay Minimum Wage by anointedf(m): 9:39am On Jul 07, 2011
Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, gover-nors have resolved to pay the N18,000 minimum wage.

A source at the meeting of the governors, held in Ikeja, Lagos, Wednesday, disclosed that the governors resolved, after long deliberations, that being people-centred and labour-inclined administrations, the governors could not but pay the new minimum wage.

Hosted by Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State, other governors at the meeting were Abiola Ajimobi, Oyo; Rauf Aregbesola, Osun; Adams Oshiomhole, Edo; and Ibikunle Amosun, Ogun.

The source said that the decision of the ACN governors to pay the minimum wage was hinged their belief in the National Minimum Wage Act of 2010 which makes the payment mandatory for the states of the federation.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/acn-govs-resolve-to-pay-minimum-wage/
Re: Acn Govs Resolve To Pay Minimum Wage by otokx(m): 9:48am On Jul 07, 2011
Another master stroke from a great party.
Re: Acn Govs Resolve To Pay Minimum Wage by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 07, 2011
Good move!!

But the 18k is too little still!! It's not even enough to get by at all!!

I'll wait 2yrs before I decide about the new crop of SW governors!!
Re: Acn Govs Resolve To Pay Minimum Wage by freshbuoy: 10:18am On Jul 07, 2011
0lumide:

Good move!!

The funny thing is they dont even see u or know u exist. .they delivering dividends while fools like u sit in front of your computer talkn rubbish ! olofofo
Re: Acn Govs Resolve To Pay Minimum Wage by Gbawe: 10:22am On Jul 07, 2011
0lumide:

Good move!!

Did the ACN Governors set the minimum wage? It is even laudable that , collectively, the ACN Governors have publicly committed themselves to paying a minimum wage that will be a fiscal challenge for many Nigerian States. To me that is a demonstration of sincerity and dedication to the welfare of the electorate.
Re: Acn Govs Resolve To Pay Minimum Wage by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 07, 2011
Yet some people think ACN should worry about chop i chop federal posts ? Abeg,carry go fashola and co while the pdp remains clueless and non-directional.
Re: Acn Govs Resolve To Pay Minimum Wage by Gbawe: 10:43am On Jul 07, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Yet some people think ACN should worry about chop i chop federal posts ? Abeg,carry go fashola and co while the pdp remains clueless and non-directional.

Abeg dont mind them. People can say what they want but those who are unbiased and objective will conclude that the ACN Governors appear to be motivated by doing what is best for the electorate. It is admirable they can come together, brainstorm and , unlike another Party we know that plays politics with everything, provide pro-people resolutions devoid of cynicism or opportunism . We all know that the PDP has never cared about making decisions in favour of the electorate.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/24694-acn-govs-agree-to-pay-n18000-new-minimum-wage

ACN govs agree to pay N18,000 new minimum wage

Thursday, 07 July 2011

A source at the meeting held in Ikeja disclosed that the governors reached the decision after long hours of deliberations.

Their decision was anchored on the position that being people-centred governments and labour-friendly administrations, they could not but accede to workers’ demand, by paying the new wage.

Those at the meeting hosted by Governor Fashola included Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State; Ibikunle Amosun (Ogun); Rauf Aregbesola (Osun) and Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State.

According to the source, the belief of the ACN governors in not contravening the National Minimum Wage Act 2010, which makes the payment mandatory for states of the federation, was also responsible for their agreement.

[b]“The governors’ resolve was equally based on the belief that their election was made possible because the people of their states believe they are welfare-oriented and, as such, would not want to relapse in their rating,” [/b]added the source.
Re: Acn Govs Resolve To Pay Minimum Wage by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 07, 2011
freshbuoy:

The funny thing is they dont even see u or know u exist. .they delivering dividends while fools like u sit in front of your computer talkn rubbish ! olofofo

Mehn nigga u mad or what?

18k ain't enough for shiiit!!

While you kissing asses, don't forget to be critical of it's smell olodo!!!

I'm very critical of my society ok? My opinion is mine so pull out a gun and shoot your self because I said 18k isn't enough to get by!!

Did I say, the ACN govs are @ fault for it? Are you mad or dumb or what?

And no they had no choice but to pay or lose workforce to states willing to pay eediot!! The basis of the meeting is senseless anyway. Minimum wage meaning you can choose to go over the federal approved one. Now that's something to have a meeting about not for choosing to obey the labour law!! fuking cunnt! Stop cuntaculously kissing asses

It's like governors having a meeting on whether to obey the law or not!!
You can't pay less than the approved minimum wage anyways can you? So what was the basis of the silly meeting?

Why have a publicity stunt meeting of yay we will pay 18k/month minimum wage which by law we were supposed to pay. we had a meeting about it too!!!

Are you idiots that stuck on ACN? I'm not a party supporter foolish nutjob; i support performance and ACN is tooooo young to be getting the praises you Bottom kissers are giving. And don't even go there on Fashola because Lagos ain't the only state in SW. So ACN is still freaking young to be getting Bottom licked by you jums!!
Re: Acn Govs Resolve To Pay Minimum Wage by EkoIle1: 12:39pm On Jul 07, 2011
0lumide:

Mehn nigga u mad or what?

18k ain't enough for shiiit!!

While you kissing asses, don't forget to be critical of it's smell olodo!!!

I'm very critical of my society ok? My opinion is mine so pull out a gun and shoot your self because I said 18k isn't enough to get by!!

Did I say, the ACN govs are @ fault for it? Are you mad or dumb or what?

And no they had no choice but to pay or lose workforce to states willing to pay eediot!! The basis of the meeting is senseless anyway. Minimum wage meaning you can choose to go over the federal approved one. Now that's something to have a meeting about not for choosing to obey the labour law!! fuking cunnt! Stop cuntaculously kissing asses

It's like governors having a meeting on whether to obey the law or not!!
You can't pay less than the approved minimum wage anyways can you? So what was the basis of the silly meeting?

Why have a publicity stunt meeting of yay we will pay 18k/month minimum wage which by law we were supposed to pay. we had a meeting about it too!!!

Are you idiots that stuck on ACN? I'm not a party supporter foolish nutjob; i support performance and ACN is tooooo young to be getting the praises you Bottom kissers are giving. And don't even go there on Fashola because Lagos ain't the only state in SW. So ACN is still freaking young to be getting Bottom licked by you jums!!

What are you going on and on about? The fact that the federal government passed some thoughtless minimum wage bill doesn't mean all the state in Nigeria have enough resources to comply. You can not spend what you don't have and I don't see the feds stepping up to help out. It doesn't matter how many laws you passed, you still can not do anything without the same money needed to comply. Like Yoruba people say "Owo ti ko ba si, jedijedi kan ko le gba"

There's nothing wrong with ACN states with common interests getting together and find solutions to their common problems, it's always a beautiful thing because at the end of the day, it's all about the people.

It's very unfortunate that we have a very irresponsible federal government making laws and financial decisions without consultations with the state administrators or even considering their pockets, the same federal government did the same thing with the countrywide mandated Doctors salary structure which caused a lot of problems from strikes to needless patient deaths all over the country.
Re: Acn Govs Resolve To Pay Minimum Wage by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 07, 2011
Eko Ile:

What are you going on and on about? The fact that the federal government passed some thoughtless minimum wage bill doesn't mean all the state in Nigeria have enough resources to comply. You can not spend what you don't have and I don't see the feds stepping up to help out. It doesn't matter how many laws you passed, you still can not do anything without the same money needed to comply. Like Yoruba people say "Owo ti ko ba si, jedijedi kan ko le gba"

There's nothing wrong with ACN states with common interests getting together and find solutions to their common problems, it's always a beautiful thing because at the end of the day, it's all about the people.

It's very unfortunate that we have a very irresponsible federal government making laws and financial decisions without consultations with the state administrators or even considering their pockets, the same federal government did the same thing with the countrywide mandated Doctors salary structure which caused a lot of problems from strikes to needless patient deaths all over the country.

Exactly my intended point on my first post before the other loon jumped out psychiatric hospital to throw insults at me,

May be he thought I'm one of those haters mad because Yorubas chose to walk in a different direction than the rest of the nation

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Why Is The Sultan Quiet? / Two Boko Haram Members Arrested In Lagos / President Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves Nddc Board

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.