Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,293 members, 7,860,709 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:42 PM

Train Attack: Negotiations Stalled As FG Rejects Demand For Commanders Release - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Train Attack: Negotiations Stalled As FG Rejects Demand For Commanders Release (22180 Views)

Ngozi Olejemes' ₦1.3 Billion Trial Stalled As The Ex-NSITF Boss ‘Slumps At Home’ / Fuel Price: Again, FG Rejects Govs’ N380/Litre Proposal / FG Rejects Governors’ N22,500 Minimum Wage Proposal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Train Attack: Negotiations Stalled As FG Rejects Demand For Commanders Release by Asswipemod: 1:55pm On Apr 16, 2022
jojoki:
Release the damn commander to secure the release of the kidnapped victims. Haba!

If Yusuf Bubu was among the kidnapped victims, would the government still reject the bandits demands?

Are you ok?
Re: Train Attack: Negotiations Stalled As FG Rejects Demand For Commanders Release by Asswipemod: 1:57pm On Apr 16, 2022
CalabarPikin:
I will pyte insecurity when elected... See what we're getting from an army general after 7 good years in office....
I now ask again.....what the bleep was he doing as a general when he was still in service.? Such a disappointment.......even negotiating with terrorist....na wa oh

The Elites and sponsors of death in the North are playing the rest of us. It's all part of the script.
Re: Train Attack: Negotiations Stalled As FG Rejects Demand For Commanders Release by rafcrown(m): 3:02pm On Apr 16, 2022
I trust foreign countries. Negotiating with Terrorists , instead of displaying Intelligence of the highest order.
No Negotiations
No retreat.No surrender.FIre for Fire.Take the battle to them constantly.
Re: Train Attack: Negotiations Stalled As FG Rejects Demand For Commanders Release by Phaantom22: 3:42pm On Apr 16, 2022
So Apc is still negotiating and paying ransome to terrorists after 7yrs? What stopped them from executing the so call terrorists leaders once caught?
Re: Train Attack: Negotiations Stalled As FG Rejects Demand For Commanders Release by Cognitivereason: 4:14pm On Apr 16, 2022
lexy2014:

But why did the govt force Nigerians to get NIN? Isn't it because of these type of scenarios? Why did govt shut down communication towers in some northern states some time ago if mobile phones don't come into play?

The bolded is because they were using phones amongst themselves...not with the government..and it possible..those sims couldnt have been linked..

What I said is...

There is no certainty that mobiles phones arw used between government and terrorist..

And if they are..
This is a critical issue..that involves the lifes of many ..
If the call is traced..it doesn't guarantee that the location is where the victims are being held...
And government acting foolishly to invade the place could mean the end of those lives
Re: Train Attack: Negotiations Stalled As FG Rejects Demand For Commanders Release by jojoki: 4:18pm On Apr 16, 2022
Asswipemod:

Are you ok?

Yes but can't be sure of ur mental state now. How i wish ur mum was among those kidnapped victims then i will see if you will ask that same f00lish question
Re: Train Attack: Negotiations Stalled As FG Rejects Demand For Commanders Release by lexy2014: 4:21pm On Apr 16, 2022
Cognitivereason:

The bolded is because they were using phones amongst themselves...not with the government..and it possible..those sims couldnt have been linked..

What I said is...

There is no certainty that mobiles phones arw used between government and terrorist..

And if they are..
This is a critical issue..that involves the lifes of many ..
If the call is traced..it doesn't guarantee that the location is where the victims are being held...
And government acting foolishly to invade the place could mean the end of those lives

Why couldn't the Sims couldn't be linked?

If u say that there is no certainty that terrorists are communicating with govt with cell phones, what now makes u think there is certainty that the terrorists are communicating among themselves with cellphones? Is there any record that turning off cell towers affected their activities?

Before this last incident in Kaduna, what steps did the govt take to neutralise the bandits? If sheik gumi knows where bandits are, how come all the security agencies in Nigeria don't no where bandits are? Are the bandits ghosts?
Re: Train Attack: Negotiations Stalled As FG Rejects Demand For Commanders Release by Cognitivereason: 4:46pm On Apr 16, 2022
lexy2014:

Why couldn't the Sims couldn't be linked?

If u say that there is no certainty that terrorists are communicating with govt with cell phones, what now makes u think there is certainty that the terrorists are communicating among themselves with cellphones? Is there any record that turning off cell towers affected their activities?

[b]Before this last incident in Kaduna, what steps did the govt take to neutralise the bandits? If sheik gumi knows where bandits are, how come all the security agencies in Nigeria don't no where bandits are? [/b]Are the bandits ghosts?

U should be able to answer that urself..
Will someone commiting a crime Intentionally want to link it

Also, from news of the attacks from the military.where pictures are taken.you hardly see walkie talkies or satellite phones..
It normal phones obviously for communication..

Last bolded..

Once a while u and I do hear attack by the airforce and army...
And also from bandit as well...
Re: Train Attack: Negotiations Stalled As FG Rejects Demand For Commanders Release by Aaay: 5:02pm On Apr 16, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Train Attack: Negotiations Stalled As FG Rejects Demand For Commanders Release by lexy2014: 5:17pm On Apr 16, 2022
Cognitivereason:

U should be able to answer that urself..
Will someone commiting a crime Intentionally want to link it

Also, from news of the attacks from the military.where pictures are taken.you hardly see walkie talkies or satellite phones..
It normal phones obviously for communication..

Last bolded..

Once a while u and I do hear attack by the airforce and army...
And also from bandit as well...

Why should I answer the question myself? You are the one making the claim. Meanwhile, you haven't answered the following:

If u say that there is no certainty that terrorists are communicating with govt with cell phones, what now makes u think there is certainty that the terrorists are communicating among themselves with cellphones?

Is there any record that turning off cell towers affected their activities?

Before this last incident in Kaduna, what steps did the govt take to neutralise the bandits?

If sheik gumi knows where bandits are, how come all the security agencies in Nigeria don't no where bandits are?

Are the bandits ghosts?
Re: Train Attack: Negotiations Stalled As FG Rejects Demand For Commanders Release by Cognitivereason: 7:40am On Apr 17, 2022
lexy2014:

Why should I answer the question myself? You are the one making the claim. Meanwhile, you haven't answered the following:

If u say that there is no certainty that terrorists are communicating with govt with cell phones, what now makes u think there is certainty that the terrorists are communicating among themselves with cellphones?

Is there any record that turning off cell towers affected their activities?

Before this last incident in Kaduna, what steps did the govt take to neutralise the bandits?

If sheik gumi knows where bandits are, how come all the security agencies in Nigeria don't no where bandits are?

Are the bandits ghosts?

You simply don't pay attention I have answered literally all your questions...

There is certainty that terrorist use cell phones amongst themselves because many of the raid the military carried out of them ..all of their weapons and belongings displayed includes regular touchlight phones...you hardly or almost never see walkie talkies or satellite phones...
Meaning they use regular cell phone amongst themselves..

If they used cellphones.... definitely the tower shutdown must have affected their operations...
You don't need to hear that from government..you should go into the bushes and interview them...

Inshort the cell tower shutdown didn't ground communication activities as there are some areas you could make calls with certain networks..

If you are talking about steps the military took against bandit..
I told you once a while when they are sitted..not specifically in Kaduna...they are usually neutralized In which many of the news makes it to nairaland frontpage in which you most certainly ignore...

And if you want to know the exact details of the steps they take...am afraid not..such information will jeopardize their effort...
All you need to know is if those steps yield results..and once a while it does..

Even the railways incident..there were steps to prevent it..but I am sure you read the details on how it was fustrated..if you doubt it...go to arise news and for the first railway attack...not this current one...and listen to amaechi talk..

Happy Easter

1 Like

Re: Train Attack: Negotiations Stalled As FG Rejects Demand For Commanders Release by lexy2014: 7:56am On Apr 17, 2022
Cognitivereason:

You simply don't pay attention I have answered literally all your questions...

There is certainty that terrorist use cell phones amongst themselves because many of the raid the military carried out of them ..all of their weapons and belongings displayed includes regular touchlight phones...you hardly or almost never see walkie talkies or satellite phones...
Meaning they use regular cell phone amongst themselves..

If they used cellphones.... definitely the tower shutdown must have affected their operations...
You don't need to hear that from government..you should go into the bushes and interview them...

Inshort the cell tower shutdown didn't ground communication activities as there are some areas you could make calls with certain networks..

If you are talking about steps the military took against bandit..
I told you once a while when they are sitted..not specifically in Kaduna...they are usually neutralized In which many of the news makes it to nairaland frontpage in which you most certainly ignore...

And if you want to know the exact details of the steps they take...am afraid not..such information will jeopardize their effort...
All you need to know is if those steps yield results..and once a while it does..

Even the railways incident..there were steps to prevent it..but I am sure you read the details on how it was fustrated..if you doubt it...go to arise news and for the first railway attack...not this current one...and listen to amaechi talk..

Happy Easter

If u are saying that based on "many of the raid the military carried out of them ..all of their weapons and belongings displayed includes regular touchlight phones...you hardly or almost never see walkie talkies or satellite phones...", how then did u arrive at d conclusion that the bandits don't use cellphones in communicating with govt during negotiations?

Now if u saying that d bandits communicate among themselves with cellphones, now that SIMS are being blocked because of NIN, how are bandits communicating if their sims aren't linked?

How did cell tower shut down affect their operations? Did you go to d bushes to interview them and they told u that cell tower shut down affected their operations?

My question what steps govt took was specifically about Kaduna. Before the rail incident, NDA was attacked with an officer killed and another kidnapped. Later on, the airport incident. In between, there were occurrences of bandit attacks. If they were "neutralised", where did these guys come out from?

What details are u referring to that will jeopardize their effort? What is the effort in the first place that is being jeopardised?

According to u: "Even the railways incident..there were steps to prevent it.."

Pls what steps where taken to prevent it? Could u pls share those steps?

Also u say "...but I am sure you read the details on how it was frustrated". Except the meaning of the words frustrated has changed in dictionary, pls tell me how the rail operation was frustrated with several people killed, many missing and the infrastructure damaged?

I ask again: If sheik gumi knows where bandits are, how come all the security agencies in Nigeria don't no where bandits are?
Re: Train Attack: Negotiations Stalled As FG Rejects Demand For Commanders Release by Cognitivereason: 11:19pm On Apr 17, 2022
lexy2014:

If u are saying that based on "many of the raid the military carried out of them ..all of their weapons and belongings displayed includes regular touchlight phones...you hardly or almost never see walkie talkies or satellite phones...", how then did u arrive at d conclusion that the bandits don't use cellphones in communicating with govt during negotiations?

Now if u saying that d bandits communicate among themselves with cellphones, now that SIMS are being blocked because of NIN, how are bandits communicating if their sims aren't linked?

How did cell tower shut down affect their operations? Did you go to d bushes to interview them and they told u that cell tower shut down affected their operations?

My question what steps govt took was specifically about Kaduna. Before the rail incident, NDA was attacked with an officer killed and another kidnapped. Later on, the airport incident. In between, there were occurrences of bandit attacks. If they were "neutralised", where did these guys come out from?

What details are u referring to that will jeopardize their effort? What is the effort in the first place that is being jeopardised?

Also u say "...but I am sure you read the details on how it was frustrated". Except the meaning of the words frustrated has changed in dictionary, pls tell me how the rail operation was frustrated with several people killed, many missing and the infrastructure damaged?

I ask again: If sheik gumi knows where bandits are, how come all the security agencies in Nigeria don't no where bandits are?

The effort to get approval to buy and install seciri5se sensors was fustrated...
And that was a measure taken that would have prevented that incident
..but FEC didn't approve..

U are forgetting this is a war...
And attack from the enemy is expected..

The attack on the Kaduna airport was quickly repelled by the soilders...otherwise ..u were wise enough you will know bandit will not attack the airport without destroying the facilities and even burning down the terminal...they didn't because there were resistances from the military...
That airport is now opened today...

Ur reasoning as if the military should know the exact wear abouts of this guys...and any attack from bandits is abnormal and shouldn't be happen..

Let me point out the fact that attacks are inevitable..the main issue is how the military are able to defend it..the airport attack was defended well though about two persons died(collateral damage)..the NDA attack was a disgrace on the military side..

On the railways...
As long as the right equipment are not on that track..a planned attack is inevitable... military can't constantly keep an eye on 183km of rail tracks..

Where did u hear the military say ..they don't know where bandit are?
Let begin with dat
No Sim card is blocked due to NIN
.I don't know why u had to lie to prove a point...only outgoing calls are distrupted... incoming calls are still accepted as wells as internet and SMS...so..dat should answer ur question on communication amongst bandit
Re: Train Attack: Negotiations Stalled As FG Rejects Demand For Commanders Release by lexy2014: 12:08pm On Apr 18, 2022
Cognitivereason:

The effort to get approval to buy and install seciri5se sensors was fustrated...
And that was a measure taken that would have prevented that incident
..but FEC didn't approve..

U are forgetting this is a war...
And attack from the enemy is expected..

The attack on the Kaduna airport was quickly repelled by the soilders...otherwise ..u were wise enough you will know bandit will not attack the airport without destroying the facilities and even burning down the terminal...they didn't because there were resistances from the military...
That airport is now opened today...

Ur reasoning as if the military should know the exact wear abouts of this guys...and any attack from bandits is abnormal and shouldn't be happen..

Let me point out the fact that attacks are inevitable..the main issue is how the military are able to defend it..the airport attack was defended well though about two persons died(collateral damage)..the NDA attack was a disgrace on the military side..

On the railways...
As long as the right equipment are not on that track..a planned attack is inevitable... military can't constantly keep an eye on 183km of rail tracks..

Where did u hear the military say ..they don't know where bandit are?
Let begin with dat
No Sim card is blocked due to NIN
.I don't know why u had to lie to prove a point...only outgoing calls are distrupted... incoming calls are still accepted as wells as internet and SMS...so..dat should answer ur question on communication amongst bandit

Let's look at your previous comment:

"Even the railways incident..there were steps to prevent it..but I am sure you read the details on how it was fustrated..if you doubt it...go to arise news and for the first railway attack...not this current one...and listen to amaechi talk..."

How can u call a failed attempt to secure and install a security system steps taken to prevent the railway incident? How's it a step when nothing was done?

According to u: "Ur reasoning as if the military should know the exact wear abouts of this guys". Pls what should my reasoning be? Are the security agencies not supposed to know the whereabouts of the bandits?

The same u who is criticising me for expecting the security agencies to know the whereabouts of bandits is still asking: "Where did u hear the military say ..they don't know where bandit are?"

Let's look at your quote again:

"Even the railways incident..there were steps to prevent it..but I am sure you read the details on how it was fustrated.."

It was based on the second part of this comment that I asked this:

"Also u say "...but I am sure you read the details on how it was frustrated". Except the meaning of the word frustrated has changed in dictionary, pls tell me how the rail operation was frustrated with several people killed, many missing and the infrastructure damaged?"

I don't see where u answered the question. You are talking about airport. Kindly do justice to the question I asked. If u bringing up the issue of airport, could also shed light on how the bandits were able to successfully attack the NDA?

If a phone line is restricted or barred from making calls, how's it different from being blocked? Can u identify the lie u are referring to?

Meanwhile, most of the questions I asked where left unanswered:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Holds Solidarity Rally In Bama LGA, Borno State (Pictures) / Akpabio Declares Umahi, Geidam’s Seats Vacant / Security Agents Comb Site In New Push Against Magu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.