Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,507 members, 7,836,955 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match (25420 Views)

Senegal Beats Nigeria 1-0 In AFCON Warm Up Friendly / World Cup; Super Eagles Players Will Be Arriving Russia Dressed Like This.Photos / World Cup: Super Eagles Players Get Jersey Numbers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by BBBricks: 8:50pm On Apr 16, 2022
Don't blame the super chickens

They want to WARM UP!

#ItIsWell!
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by Vinnie2000(m): 8:53pm On Apr 16, 2022
kenzysmith:
Go d punish arsenal and their generation he no go better for them this season for spoiling my ticket.
Who send you message? Arsenal dat does not have striker? Lacazette has scored 1 goal in 15 matches. And its a penalty!
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by Nobody: 8:54pm On Apr 16, 2022
Rastaramsey:

LMAO

Which mumu FIFA ranking grin grin
Them wan rise reach no 1

Over ten years ago, I was of the same opinion as you were...until Nigeria was to play Burundi in a CAF nations cup qualifier group match. We had qualified, Burundi, even if they beat us, were already out. The Burundi coach neverhheless stated that they were taking the game serious because...CAF rankings for future tournaments. (They lost heavily though).

We also have CAF nations cup next year. If we don't start prepping now, we will get knocked out in qualifying...again. Better early rpeparations than never.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by Rastaramsey(m): 8:56pm On Apr 16, 2022
subsidywise18:

Over ten years ago, I was of the same opinion as you were...until Nigeria was to play Burundi in a CAF nations cup qualifier group match. We had qualified, Burundi, even if they beat us, were already out. The Burundi coach neverhheless stated that they were taking the game serious because...CAF rankings for future tournaments. (They lost heavily though).

We also have CAF nations cup next year. If we don't start prepping now, we will get knocked out in qualifying...again. Better early rpeparations than never.

If you are expecting anything good from Nigeria
Na Oyo you dey lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by Vinnie2000(m): 8:56pm On Apr 16, 2022
BarrElChapo:

You put this thrash up to show that you're what ?
Dat him na upcoming Johnny Sin! Lol.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by Nobody: 8:57pm On Apr 16, 2022
Rastaramsey:

If you are expecting anything good from Nigeria
Na Oyo you dey lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

That's another story for another day.

As for now, Nigeria has not played well for some time now...decades. In my opinion, we need to change the way we play from the roots up like the Belgians did...

But we don't have the patience.

Even then, bad teams too have to start prepping early. Ivory Coast is not going to Qatar, and they have snagged two Grade A friendlies already. We better sit up.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by nkemoma(m): 8:59pm On Apr 16, 2022
Idiots
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by derecho(m): 8:59pm On Apr 16, 2022
They should wait till after the World Cup jor.

Nigerians want to forget anything about not qualifying for Qatar.
They should allow us watch those who are serious and qualified.
I suggest they wait to see who wins the World Cup , organize friendlies with all the semifinalists, beat all of them, then we'll take them serious.
subsidywise18:

FIFA rankings(which impact things like which pot we would be put in for qualificaitons for the 2026 world cup and CAF tourneys), and to prepare the team for future qualifications and tournaments.

If we were serious, we should play as many friendly games as possible.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by Memeni(m): 9:02pm On Apr 16, 2022
This super eagles sef wey no get shame!!

Fa fa fa fowl
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by Nobody: 9:04pm On Apr 16, 2022
derecho:
They should wait till after the World Cup jor.

Nigerians want to forget anything about not qualifying for Qatar.
They should allow us watch those who are serious and qualified.

Well, Ivory Coast did not qualify too...and already they have played France and England last month already. We should not be lazing around.

We have nations cup qualifiers comming up for the next AFCON in 2023, and we have the 2026 world cup to look forward to (Olympians prepare for the next olympics from the day after the last olympics ends.)

Time is of the essence.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by Freddo99(m): 9:05pm On Apr 16, 2022
hmm! u did not qualify and another country want to improve their skills on you! na wa oh. naija don become specimen for experiment! this is bullshit men!
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by Hezmatosky: 9:05pm On Apr 16, 2022
They'll still loose sad
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by phemmyfour: 9:08pm On Apr 16, 2022
subsidywise18:

FIFA rankings(which impact things like which pot we would be put in for qualificaitons for the 2026 world cup and CAF tourneys), and to prepare the team for future qualifications and tournaments.

Also, another AFCON is coming up next year. Time to start some early bird preparations now.

Modified

We have a lot of rebuilding also to do. And our performance at the Nations Cup in Cameroon, and the World cup final leg in Ghana and here shows that the rebuilding dey well well. Early preparations for future tournaments, like the Nations cup next year and the next world cup have to start yesterday. Enough moping for now.
Nonsense
Our next tourney is AFCON 2023....they should focus on playing Africa countries on African soil.

I don't need excuse from all those half baked Nigerians next year that they can't breathe because of our Weather
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by DenreleDave(m): 9:08pm On Apr 16, 2022
Wizpa:
. grin

Post the complete one
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by derecho(m): 9:08pm On Apr 16, 2022
Is any of the qualifiers coming up before the World Cup? If no, let them gather themselves and train.Maybe busy themselves with the Local Eagles, who knows we might discover new players from the Local league
subsidywise18:

Well, Ivory Coast did not qualify too...and already they have played France and England last month already. We should not be lazing around.

We have nations cup qualifiers comming up for the next AFCON in 2023, and we have the 2026 world cup to look forward to (Olympians prepare for the next olympics from the day after the last olympics ends.)

Time is of the essence.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by Reference(m): 9:09pm On Apr 16, 2022
No one wants to hear anything called Nigeria National soccer team.... for now and in the nearest future.
They should just sneak out and back again without even a whisper.... angry
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by Nobody: 9:09pm On Apr 16, 2022
phemmyfour:
Nonsense
Our next tourney is AFCON 2023....they should focus on playing Africa countries on African soil.

I don't need excuse from all those half baked Nigerians next year that they can't breathe because of our Weather

Well, Ivory Coast, the host, has played France and England.

Maybe they too are 'foolish'.

Early bird catches the worm.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by phemmyfour: 9:11pm On Apr 16, 2022
subsidywise18:

Well, Ivory Coast, the host, has played France and England.

Maybe they too are 'foolish'.

Early bird catches the worm.
Ivory coast have a team already

You don't have a team and your players struggle on African soil
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by Nobody: 9:12pm On Apr 16, 2022
derecho:
Is any of the qualifiers coming up before the World Cup? If no, let them gather themselves and train.Maybe busy themselves with the Local Eagles, who knows we might discover new players from the Local league

Group stage draws take place next week Tuesday. Prelim round teams have concluded qualifications.

No word on when qualifiers will start...I guess we would know more after the draws. But it most likely would start before the World cup proper.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by Nobody: 9:14pm On Apr 16, 2022
phemmyfour:
Ivory coast have a team already

That did not qualify for the world cup..did not even reach the final round. We did.

You don't have a team and your players struggle on African soil

True VERY TRUE.

That's why rebuilding and finding new players STARTS NOW. Otherwise, we would be left behind again when the tourney starts.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by derecho(m): 9:17pm On Apr 16, 2022
Infact, I haven't been this angry with our SE team. I wish I have the power to cancel the senior team for 2years or more.
Those guys should be made to feel what Nigerians felt when they bungled that chance
subsidywise18:

Group stage draws take place next week Tuesday. Prelim round teams have concluded qualifications.

No word on when qualifiers will start...I guess we would know more after the draws. But it most likely would start before the World cup proper.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by Matinho: 9:18pm On Apr 16, 2022
Nor be only Eguavoen , na Egusi
ignis:
Nigerians are not interested.

Our support is fully with Ghana until after the World Cup.

No distraction please.

Eguaveon should shift one side with the Super chickens.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 16, 2022
derecho:
Infact, I haven't been this angry with our SE team. I wish I have the power to cancel the senior team for 2years

Yeah, we all have been there. But at the end, football is a win and lose game. We dry our tears, calm down and onward to the next tournament.

But NFF needs changes. Somehow.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by phemmyfour: 9:19pm On Apr 16, 2022
subsidywise18:

That did not qualify for the world cup..did not even reach the final round. We did.

True VERY TRUE.

That's why rebuilding and finding new players STARTS NOW. Otherwise, we would be left behind again when the tourney starts.
Ivory coast lost to a better team "Cameroon"

Nigeria managed to qualify at home even against the likes of cape Verde

You're rebuilding the wrong way
Stop playing meaningless friendlies
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 16, 2022
They 've lost already sef....
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by abobote: 9:21pm On Apr 16, 2022
Which world cup again?
They are helping the people that qualify to warm up
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 16, 2022
phemmyfour:
Ivory coast lost to a better team "Cameroon"

Nigeria managed to qualify at home even against the likes of cape Verde

You're rebuilding the wrong way
Stop playing meaningless friendlies

Well Ecuador and Mexico are not useless, and both are going to the world cup, and we play both of the,

Let's start somewhere. I am not expecting us to do great things (our football needs a lot of fixing...and I have been saying that for a long time)...but even bad teams need to prepare too.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by Wizpa(m): 9:23pm On Apr 16, 2022
BarrElChapo:

You put this thrash up to show that you're what ?

To show that you're a big fooool
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by shedy03(m): 9:24pm On Apr 16, 2022
Kriss216:
What are they warming up again for? Are they playing in the tournament?

Waste of tax payers resources!
Supper eagles being used for warm up by worldcup bound country.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by abobote: 9:25pm On Apr 16, 2022
subsidywise18:

Also, another AFCON is coming up next year. Time to start some early bird preparations now.

Modified

We have a lot of rebuilding also to do. And our performance at the Nations Cup in Cameroon, and the World cup final leg in Ghana and here shows that the rebuilding dey well well. Early preparations for future tournaments, like the Nations cup next year and the next world cup have to start yesterday. Enough moping for now.

Modified

I just remembered that Ivory Coast is not going to the World cup....yet they have played France and England as at the end of last month. Should we laugh at them too?

AFCON is coming again next year. And we need to start preparing now. We need to rebuild now.
Who FIFA ranking help?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

France Players Celebrate Winning The UEFA Nations League. / Aubameyang Arrives In Barcelona To Seal Move From Arsenal / Super Eagles Amazing Stats In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.