Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,562 members, 7,837,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match (25422 Views)

Senegal Beats Nigeria 1-0 In AFCON Warm Up Friendly / World Cup; Super Eagles Players Will Be Arriving Russia Dressed Like This.Photos / World Cup: Super Eagles Players Get Jersey Numbers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by thatigboman1: 9:25pm On Apr 16, 2022
Nigerians should calm down please. Only 32 countries are participating in the world Cup against the 195 countries on earth.
I know it is particularly painful not qualifying after drawing 0-0 with Ghana in kumasi. I was at the national stadium abuja that day and watched the match live from beginning to end. But we just have to get over it.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by Eriokanmi: 9:25pm On Apr 16, 2022
WibusJaga:

This people just wan take style travel go America on a jamboree.
If dem really wan play warm-up match, make dem go play against Gombe United or Nassarawa United. grin
grin grin
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by Nairalandhotboy(m): 9:25pm On Apr 16, 2022
Dare1971:
That's funny though.

Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by derecho(m): 9:25pm On Apr 16, 2022
Seeing anything super eagles now relives that terrible match bros.
Those boys and their Eguadiola coach should resign and the former should face club football.
subsidywise18:

Yeah, we all have been there. But at the end, football is a win and lose game. We dry our tears, calm down and onward to the next tournament.

But NFF needs changes. Somehow.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by phemmyfour: 9:27pm On Apr 16, 2022
subsidywise18:

Well Ecuador and Mexico are not useless, and both are going to the world cup, and we play both of the,

Let's start somewhere. I am not expecting us to do great things (our football needs a lot of fixing...and I have been saying that for a long time)...but even bad teams need to prepare too.
Mexico and Ecuador ain't African teams

2. The venue isn't in this continent

Let's start somewhere doesn't mean you should start on a wrong foot
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 16, 2022
phemmyfour:
Mexico and Ecuador ain't African teams

2. The venue isn't in this continent

Let's start somewhere doesn't mean you should start on a wrong foot

Let's start somewhere.

Good evening.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 16, 2022
abobote:

Who FIFA ranking help?

A lot. It helps a lot.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by phemmyfour: 9:31pm On Apr 16, 2022
subsidywise18:

Let's start somewhere.

Good evening.
Don't start Nonsense
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 16, 2022
phemmyfour:
Don't start Nonsense

After you guys will shout 'Fire brigade approach'

I no get you Nigerians. Late preparation, you complain, early preparation, you complain.

Calm down. At the end, it isn't your life...it's just football.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by Nobody: 9:34pm On Apr 16, 2022
Warm-up match kee una dere ! angry
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by phemmyfour: 9:35pm On Apr 16, 2022
subsidywise18:

After you guys will shout 'Fire brigade approach'

I no get you Nigerians. Late preparation, you complain, early preparation, you complain.

Calm down. At the end, it isn't your life...it's just football.
Whatever is worth doing at all is worth doing WELL

The difference between wrong preparation and no preparation is the same.

You can't be studying for WAEC and you think it'll be enough in helping you pass GMAT
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by a2d3rew(m): 9:47pm On Apr 16, 2022
Nigeria go win am�
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by Sleekfingers: 9:49pm On Apr 16, 2022
Useless super chickens......na thunder go fire all of una . .... except for victor osimen.......

Na God save una say , the match against ghana was not played in lagos.....we for bust bottles for una heads...... useless players
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by Parizz: 10:00pm On Apr 16, 2022
Wizpa:
the how Sabi suck prick
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by Parizz: 10:02pm On Apr 16, 2022
subsidywise18:

Over ten years ago, I was of the same opinion as you were...until Nigeria was to play Burundi in a CAF nations cup qualifier group match. We had qualified, Burundi, even if they beat us, were already out. The Burundi coach neverhheless stated that they were taking the game serious because...CAF rankings for future tournaments. (They lost heavily though).

We also have CAF nations cup next year. If we don't start prepping now, we will get knocked out in qualifying...again. Better early rpeparations than never.
come on shut up and go and support another country. You annoying me here. fool.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 16, 2022
Parizz:

Good evening to you too.

Good luck
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by Parizz: 10:08pm On Apr 16, 2022
subsidywise18:

That's another story for another day.

As for now, Nigeria has not played well for some time now...decades. In my opinion, we need to change the way we play from the roots up like the Belgians did...

But we don't have the patience.

Even then, bad teams too have to start prepping early. Ivory Coast is not going to Qatar, and they have snagged two Grade A friendlies already. We better sit up.
my friend I will arrest you and lock you up for defending a mediocre team. what is wrong with you?
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by adedayo3193(m): 10:08pm On Apr 16, 2022
kenzysmith:
Go d punish arsenal and their generation he no go better for them this season for spoiling my ticket.

Na so dem do me against crystal palace, na my curse still dey disturb them as you dey see dem so, and i no go remove the curse until i win bet9ja

Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by Carlyboi(m): 10:08pm On Apr 16, 2022
Parizz:

And what was the name calling for?

Calling him a fool for no reason isn’t the flex you think it is...some of you just choose to act funny on here...you can do better dude!

1 Like

Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by Rashidyemi0(m): 10:17pm On Apr 16, 2022
Win and over 2.5
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by merits(m): 10:19pm On Apr 16, 2022
robosky02:
Nigeria will play Ecuador in a warm-up match ahead of the 2022 World Cup.

This was confirmed by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) in a statement on Friday.

The game has been scheduled for June 2, 2022, at the 25,000-capacity Red Bull Arena in New Jersey, USA.

The match will be played only five days after the Super Eagles would have squared up the El Tri of Mexico, in another international friendly.

Ecuador currently ranks 46 in the world by FIFA and reached the Round of 16 at the 2006 World Cup finals in Germany (their second appearance at football’s high table, following their debut in the Far East in 2002).

Nigeria has participated in the FIFA World Cup finals on six occasions, reaching the Round of 16 in 1994, 1998 and 2014.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/04/15/2022-world-cup-super-eagles-to-play-ecuador/
Super eagle the most useless team in the world.

Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by Nobody: 10:23pm On Apr 16, 2022
Parizz:
my friend I will arrest you and lock you up for defending a mediocre team. what is wrong with you?

Good evening and have a good one.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by Nobody: 10:41pm On Apr 16, 2022
thatigboman1:
Nigerians should calm down please. Only 32 countries are participating in the world Cup against the 195 countries on earth.
I know it is particularly painful not qualifying after drawing 0-0 with Ghana in kumasi. I was at the national stadium abuja that day and watched the match live from beginning to end. But we just have to get over it.

That's it, we have to get over it, and move on.

But many people haven't learned that in life when you lose, you don't stay there and cry cry cry, you get up, dry the tears and move on

NFF and the national team have moved on. Nigerians haven't.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by Basicend: 10:51pm On Apr 16, 2022
ignis:
Nigerians are not interested.

Our support is fully with Ghana until after the World Cup.

No distraction please.

Eguaveon should shift one side with the Super chickens.

God bless you bro.

Seconded.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by ofiko123(m): 11:05pm On Apr 16, 2022
The super eagles will definitely defeat their Ecuadorian counterpart..
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by Mofatg: 11:11pm On Apr 16, 2022
Dem no dey shame
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by Basicend: 11:16pm On Apr 16, 2022
ofiko123:
The super eagles will definitely defeat their Ecuadorian counterpart..

Be deceiving urself.

Like they definitely defeated Ghana. .

South Americans are proper ballers o. .
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by Honourable2003: 11:42pm On Apr 16, 2022
A quick question pls and a quick answer to it
What warming up are we doing again after we don't qualify again
Abi we qualify nhi??
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by Grandemperor(m): 6:09am On Apr 17, 2022
Nostalgia: Where are NaijaNet and Google's social-culture-nigeria? Who and why was this Nairaland Forum created? Too much sadomasochism.

1 Like

Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by do4luv14(m): 6:10am On Apr 17, 2022
WibusJaga:

This people just wan take style travel go America on a jamboree.
If dem really wan play warm-up match, make dem go play against Gombe United or Nassarawa United. grin

Afcon 2023 qualifiers dey start around June, and with the new coach, we go see wetin him wan offer,

sorry bros no jamboree there, Na business as usually

1 Like

Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by Nobody: 7:09am On Apr 17, 2022
Revisiting this thread, it seems like people are still sad and upset about our missing out on the world cup...that warm up friendlies are being treated as 'useless'

The thing is, we have AFCON qualifiers comming in the next few months. We have to prepare for that. We also have to focus on FIFA rankings as it determines where we would be seeded in future competitions. If we don't play friendlies, local and international, we would end up having lower rankings. And not being prepared for the activity.

But most people have not moved on from the world cup loss. So, Nigeria playing friendlies is 'foolish' . Yes we failed recently, but now is the time to start getting back from failure.
Re: 2022 World Cup: Super Eagles To Play Ecuador In A Warm-up Match by MrJames007: 12:11pm On Apr 17, 2022
If I watch am make I turn blind. angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Super Eagles Amazing Stats In 2019 / Lionel Messi, Ibrahimovic In FIFA 10-man Shortlist For 2019 Puskas Award(Photos) / Manchester United Won't Payoff Cristiano Ronaldo After Contract Termination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.