Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,452 members, 7,826,736 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Young Man Drowns While Swimming At Popular MJ Resort In Benue (photos) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Young Man Drowns While Swimming At Popular MJ Resort In Benue (photos) (38699 Views)

Young Man, Sholex Showul Alex Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Jos (photos) / Nigerian Man Drowns In Libya While Swimming In Sea (Photos) / Young Nigerian Man Drowns A Day After Sharing A Facebook Post About Death (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Man Drowns While Swimming At Popular MJ Resort In Benue (photos) by Nobody: 12:11pm On Apr 18, 2022
Jay5mie:
Respect the dead, stop snapping their corpse

Anybody wey snap my dead body, the kind slap e go collect eh angry
when are you going to die? I want to see something
Re: Young Man Drowns While Swimming At Popular MJ Resort In Benue (photos) by Benwallt(m): 12:14pm On Apr 18, 2022
A very avoidable death. We should take caution when we do things. Very sad. In some countries, this boy won't go like that, he will be revived but here it is a time to take pictures in a race to be the first to report

1 Like

Re: Young Man Drowns While Swimming At Popular MJ Resort In Benue (photos) by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 18, 2022
What a pity! Another young life wasted... RIP
Re: Young Man Drowns While Swimming At Popular MJ Resort In Benue (photos) by bizzibodi(m): 12:17pm On Apr 18, 2022
RIP!I remember when I learnt swimming by force bc of job requirements even though I have malaria i could dive 20ft depth swim for 15ft b4 surface...but still fear water,I cannot boast am a swimmer,only do breast & back stroke.
In swimming if you exhaust your energy you drown.
Re: Young Man Drowns While Swimming At Popular MJ Resort In Benue (photos) by Dshocker(m): 12:17pm On Apr 18, 2022
The resort are to be held responsible for his death,because every commercial swimming pool is supposed to have lifeguard or a lifesaver on standby.
Re: Young Man Drowns While Swimming At Popular MJ Resort In Benue (photos) by Proudlyomonna: 12:18pm On Apr 18, 2022
If you no fit swim just enter the water use leg dey play with the water undecided
No go dey form make I try first angry

Rip to the dead.
Re: Young Man Drowns While Swimming At Popular MJ Resort In Benue (photos) by DonBenny77(m): 12:24pm On Apr 18, 2022
I never catch fun for land finish na inside water,
Water wey no dey understand english

1 Like

Re: Young Man Drowns While Swimming At Popular MJ Resort In Benue (photos) by lasisi69(f): 12:26pm On Apr 18, 2022
assholemods:

Lol... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy you wey do die? Slap how?
spiritual slap cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Young Man Drowns While Swimming At Popular MJ Resort In Benue (photos) by Iamnorth: 12:26pm On Apr 18, 2022
This is pathetic! And this young man must have been full of dreams and aspirations,a life cut short by the recklesness of resort and hotel owners,most of them to have precautionary measures on ground,no lifeguards and mostly no trained guards
Re: Young Man Drowns While Swimming At Popular MJ Resort In Benue (photos) by DonBenny77(m): 12:28pm On Apr 18, 2022
layycon:
Till today I still cannot swim. I will never forget the day Michael took me to own river inside Ayobo, Lagos. We were just 14 year olds. Michael is a very good swimmer and promised to teach me how to swim. After 5 minutes of quick practical and theory, lad told me I was good to go. Na so I deep my head and the whole of my tiny body into the water, 2 seconds later I passed out. Water don enter all my system. I woke up to see the whole community gathered on top my head. I gave up on swimming from that moment onward.

Same here as a kid I once got in to a pond wit a bladder football it was all fun and games till it slipped off my hands and I ended up drinking like 1 bucket.
That was the beginning of my quarell with water.
Even if na 2 ft swimming pool I no do again
Re: Young Man Drowns While Swimming At Popular MJ Resort In Benue (photos) by midoo(m): 12:30pm On Apr 18, 2022
Oluwatosiiin039:
Perfect rest in peace
Rest in peace. perfect peace again my ass
Re: Young Man Drowns While Swimming At Popular MJ Resort In Benue (photos) by falcon01: 12:31pm On Apr 18, 2022
Re: Young Man Drowns While Swimming At Popular MJ Resort In Benue (photos) by Slynation(m): 12:32pm On Apr 18, 2022
TheStakeHolder:
And this is not the first incident. There's been many others. What happened to having life guards at the pool.

That resort should be permanently closed.

lipsrsealed
permanently closed for what? Look how it's very easy for you to say... Meanwhile there is no hotel swimming pool that doesn't have life guard by the side, but na over sabi and wanting to impress babes around there that usually lead to ones death...

You see swimming abi, it's one thing I can never make mouth with that I can do because of my previous experience in 2015, I ignored all life guard because I want to impress people, Omo after some time, it was as if something was pulling me down to the 12ft level, luckily for me I grabbed the rope demarcating it at the middle, held onto it because at this point I knew my life and ego depends on it, used it and made my way to the side of the pool & wore my clothes, I came out and noticed bruises all over my back and hands, Omo...!! Forget water get spirit and that was the last time I went swimming...
Re: Young Man Drowns While Swimming At Popular MJ Resort In Benue (photos) by Slynation(m): 12:35pm On Apr 18, 2022
cnnamoko:
My simple rule in swimming is this:

If my leg cannot torch the bottom of the pool with my nose above the water. DONT MOVE FURTHER!.

Rip
I swear...grin before I stopped swimming, I don't exceed that 4-5ft grin
Re: Young Man Drowns While Swimming At Popular MJ Resort In Benue (photos) by Kazeem47(m): 12:41pm On Apr 18, 2022
Jay5mie:

na wa o, vawulence loving corpse grin

Re: Young Man Drowns While Swimming At Popular MJ Resort In Benue (photos) by Slynation(m): 12:42pm On Apr 18, 2022
mrbass18:
If it's meant to be it is meant to be
I remember back in 2012 or 2013 or so I drowned at a pool in Anambra state but some how I came out a good guy brought me out even when I had swallowed nearly a full drone of the Mediterranean sea in my belly and ears Omo I saw heaven that day but it's not my time and would never be my time thank God for life I fell for the boy there is more to this swimming pool people don't know
Exactly.. water has it's own spirit, many don't know, na only me know wetin I experience 2015, only one guy noticed I fought for my life and was laughing at me because my swimming kit was looking like Michael Phelps (the highest Olympic medalists) grin
Re: Young Man Drowns While Swimming At Popular MJ Resort In Benue (photos) by Generalkorex(m): 12:44pm On Apr 18, 2022
e
Officialgarri:

Some years ago, in one hotel, if you get drowned and the Life guard man rescues you, you will be flogged

At pools, the depth is usually specified by the side. Just so you can know your limit.
They still do it in some pools I have been to recently.
Re: Young Man Drowns While Swimming At Popular MJ Resort In Benue (photos) by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 18, 2022
Slynation:
permanently closed for what? Look how it's very easy for you to say... Meanwhile there is no hotel swimming pool that doesn't have life guard by the side, but na over sabi and wanting to impress babes around there that usually lead to ones death...

You see swimming abi, it's one thing I can never make mouth with that I can do because of my previous experience in 2015, I ignored all life guard because I want to impress people, Omo after some time, it was as if something was pulling me down to the 12ft level, luckily for me I grabbed the rope demarcating it at the middle, held onto it because at this point I knew my life and ego depends on it, used it and made my way to the side of the pool & wore my clothes, I came out and noticed bruises all over my back and hands, Omo...!! Forget water get spirit and that was the last time I went swimming...
Hmmmm, bros na for swimming pool or river How marine spirit go dey inside pool?
Re: Young Man Drowns While Swimming At Popular MJ Resort In Benue (photos) by Feggie3: 12:48pm On Apr 18, 2022
Re: Young Man Drowns While Swimming At Popular MJ Resort In Benue (photos) by Mvena(f): 12:52pm On Apr 18, 2022
They’ve recorded deaths in this same pool and people won’t stop going there

Re: Young Man Drowns While Swimming At Popular MJ Resort In Benue (photos) by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 18, 2022
He might still be alive all he needs is pushing the water out of his lungs....but we are dumbos in africa
Re: Young Man Drowns While Swimming At Popular MJ Resort In Benue (photos) by Dozman88: 12:56pm On Apr 18, 2022
These guy would still have been saved if any one amongst them their would have done any of these CPR, AR, KISS OF LIFE,but trust us with our ignorance... snapping!!!!!
Re: Young Man Drowns While Swimming At Popular MJ Resort In Benue (photos) by juman(m): 12:57pm On Apr 18, 2022
cnnamoko:
My simple rule in swimming is this:

If my leg cannot torch the bottom of the pool with my nose above the water. DONT MOVE FURTHER!.

Rip

You have good idea on swimming.
Re: Young Man Drowns While Swimming At Popular MJ Resort In Benue (photos) by Slynation(m): 1:00pm On Apr 18, 2022
Senomii:

Hmmmm, bros na for swimming pool or river How marine spirit go dey inside pool?
Na better swimming pool, water is water anywhere and anytime...just like I said earlier, na only me know wetin I experience that day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Young Man Drowns While Swimming At Popular MJ Resort In Benue (photos) by Bestnoma: 1:07pm On Apr 18, 2022
Jay5mie:

Lol...shey na from Hell fire you go slap the person?
Re: Young Man Drowns While Swimming At Popular MJ Resort In Benue (photos) by Arizonaz: 1:18pm On Apr 18, 2022
Omoluabi16:
I sha know say nothing fit carry me reach swimming. Except maybe those pool for 2-5 years. sad These deaths in swimming pools are becoming very common.

And some take alcohol while swimming which is very bad. When swimming you need to avoid any substance that will alter your mood.

Me I swim but I hate pools because it's more stressful compared to swimming in an open river.
Re: Young Man Drowns While Swimming At Popular MJ Resort In Benue (photos) by Arizonaz: 1:20pm On Apr 18, 2022
The major cause of death in the water is fear.
Re: Young Man Drowns While Swimming At Popular MJ Resort In Benue (photos) by Bobbyjay001(m): 1:27pm On Apr 18, 2022
Ask4bigneyo:
What happened to CPR, AR, KISS OF LIFE.? And people are taken pictures instead of rescucitating him.

What would cadio-pulmonary rescucitation and the likes do in this situation?
Re: Young Man Drowns While Swimming At Popular MJ Resort In Benue (photos) by Bobbyjay001(m): 1:28pm On Apr 18, 2022
Aonkuuse:
grin grin grin Calm down bro

Lol. You won't die untimely bro.

1 Like

Re: Young Man Drowns While Swimming At Popular MJ Resort In Benue (photos) by KingMack(m): 1:33pm On Apr 18, 2022
Sad..but you need to see the way this we forming stunts at pool will leave you amazed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NIMET Partners With Tagwaye Foundation On Drug And Substance Abuse Control / Chinese Doctors In Nigeria End 14-Day Isolation Today / Why Foods That Boost Sexual Appetite May Not Work For Virgins - Chefs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.