Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,924 members, 7,810,549 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career (25778 Views)

How To Further My Career In Canada With Nigeria HND / 10 Things That Could Ruin Your Career / Johnspeak Uwangue: How I Broke The Chain Of Stagnation In My Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by Extrastiv01(m): 2:46am On Apr 19, 2022
Hello everyone, my name is not necessary, I am 28 years old and I am on the verge of losing my job but the important thing here is that sport betting is about to ruin my life and career and I need help and advise from you all. It all started when my friend Bolaji(not real name) introduced me to this popular sport betting platform last year which I strongly believe that 80% of Nigerian youths would know or even use on a regular basis.

I started playing games on this platforms with the little money I made from side hustles,it was cool because I could still remember my first game; I staked #2000 on a match between Liverpool and a smaller club and I cashed out massively that weekend. I was so happy and all of a sudden I became greedy. I began to stake higher and started looking for higher and better odds to boost my winnings, I started staking with my salary and then it got worse that I started using my life savings to play games in which most time I don't win but still I won't back out hoping I would win back all my lost money in the next game ,I would even borrow money from my neighbors and friends as a matter of fact, I got a new name on the street: (BABA 2 ODDS)

Last week, my boss gave me #150,000 to go and deposit at the bank but instead I transferred the money into my betting account wallet hoping I could double the money. I predicted realmadrid to win on last week champions league match against Chelsea,though they qualified for the next round but they still lost to Chelsea. I almost ran mad at the viewing centre. Anyways my boss has been calling me since and I couldn't pick because I don't know what to tell him.....
Nairalanders I need your advise and help!!!

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by EricSmallz(m): 2:52am On Apr 19, 2022
You should have stopped at playing with your savings and not other persons money.
You need to take a stand between ruining your whole life and quitting the game. The choice is yours. The earlier you make it, the better for you. Remember, Addiction is for weak people.

104 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by Enskynelson(m): 2:59am On Apr 19, 2022
It's always easier to resist the urge of getting involved in any ill than trying to break off the shackles when already addicted. I am in my 30s but have never placed any bet. Let us wait for others who have the experience to tell us how one can break loose from the chain of this kind of addiction as I can only advice u how never to be involved in betting.

29 Likes

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by trustable: 3:01am On Apr 19, 2022
Hey man, this article can help you deal with that situation. https://guidesandloads..com/2022/06/how-to-stop-sports-betting-and-gambling.html it will give you some useful tips you need to follow, and in time, see changes. It's simple to control your sports betting addiction. Just go through the article from the link I have added above. I want to hear a positive testimony. Also see: things to know about sports betting before you start [urlhttps://guidesandloads..com/2022/06/sports-betting-things-you-should-know.html][/url]

Extrastiv01:

Hello everyone, my name is not necessary, I am 28 years old and I am on the verge of losing my job but the important thing here is that sport betting is about to ruin my life and career and I need help and advise from you all. It all started when my friend Bolaji(not real name) introduced me to this popular sport betting platform last year which I strongly believe that 80% of Nigerian youths would know or even use on a regular basis.

I started playing games on this platforms with the little money I made from side hustles,it was cool because I could still remember my first game; I staked #2000 on a match between Liverpool and a smaller club and I cashed out massively that weekend. I was so happy and all of a sudden I became greedy. I began to stake higher and started looking for higher and better odds to boost my winnings, I started staking with my salary and then it got worse that I started using my life savings to play games in which most time I don't win but still I won't back out hoping I would win back all my lost money in the next game ,I would even borrow money from my neighbors and friends as a matter of fact, I got a new name on the street: (BABA 2 ODDS)

Last week, my boss gave me #150,000 to go and deposit at the bank but instead I transferred the money into my betting account wallet hoping I could double the money. I predicted realmadrid to win on last week champions league match against Chelsea,though they qualified for the next round but they still lost to Chelsea. I almost ran mad at the viewing centre. Anyways my boss has been calling me since and I couldn't pick because I don't know what to tell him.....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by olafunny(m): 5:12am On Apr 19, 2022
At least you never go prison. You have two options here. Either you tell your boss what happened and face the consequences or get help somehow and redeem yourself. The most important thing is to stop gambling. Only few lucky ones breakthrough.

I have a friend who earns almost 300k monthly, but uses over 80% of it to service loans he got as a result of gambling.

I'm not totally innocent myself. It's destroying lives. God help us

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by Tokskob2008: 5:35am On Apr 19, 2022
You gradually started betting with your salary

Even the bet site says bet RESPONSIBLY meaning you clearly ignored their advise. Nawa for you.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by EzegeNdiigbo: 7:09am On Apr 19, 2022
Odi egwu

1 Like

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 19, 2022
My brother if u truely wants to stop gambling then u hv to stop thinking of recovering ur lost money(let it go) because thats wat draws you back mostly and be prayerful to ur God

106 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by 1F30M4(f): 11:40am On Apr 19, 2022
Itzwandis, you really hit the nail on the head. It is indeed a psychological issue, they keep trying to recover their lost funds but can't see that they're instead losing more funds, they have their minds sooo fixated on getting back all they lost. I also believe that if they can put all of that behind them and try to forge ahead, it will definitely help a whole lot; none of them are willing to let go. Bad habits die hard but then you should make more efforts to stop so you don't eventually get ruined, never give up.

13 Likes

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by Unruly7(m): 11:45am On Apr 19, 2022
Sorry sir
You can only advise your self

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by 50d33q: 11:45am On Apr 19, 2022
Congratulations
No matter the advice you get here it wo t change you
You can only change yourself.

Either gambling kill you or you kill gambling

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by Sultty(m): 11:46am On Apr 19, 2022
Extrastiv01:

this is the problem, I'll advice you to borrow money and deposit ur bosses money then u will address this addiction
Unfortunately we are in the same boat cry cry

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by yuzjet(m): 11:46am On Apr 19, 2022
Congratulations
Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by Bolaji26(m): 11:46am On Apr 19, 2022
I once won 3.4m from betting with 700 but because I was addicted to it that time and looking for 4m to balance my plans, I come use d 3.4m carried Chelsea to win at 1.13odd.

Na so i lost the money.

Till today, I no dey go near betting again and na beg beg i dey beg for money now

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by Fiscus105(m): 11:46am On Apr 19, 2022
Money you can't afford to loose, dnt stake it on betting.

Do not see betting as short way to become millionaire.

Any transaction that, it's return is high for sure it's risk must definitely high. Don't focus only on high returns and forget to think how you would cope with devastating high risks that come with bettings.

And lastly which is most important,
"no single match is sure banker"
(even Man city vs Eyinmba) . Knowing that at back of ur mind and have peace of mind.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by tempusfugit: 11:46am On Apr 19, 2022
Okay, the only baba 2 odds we know, nothing do you, ride on

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by Chijeep(m): 11:46am On Apr 19, 2022
Sportifying surprises

Guy sporting bet is not ruining your career it's you who's trying to ruin there's.
THEM NO BEG YOU TO PATRONIZE THEM SO NO SPOIL THERE BUSINESS FOR THEM.
THEY SAY MAKE UNA WORK UNA NO GO WORK NA QUIVK WEALTH UNA GO THEY FIND.
LAS LAS YOU GO END FOR ONE PONZI LIKE THAT COME BACK THEY FLUSH YOUR SORROW FOR NAIRALAND
Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by Coolcat001: 11:46am On Apr 19, 2022
Turn the situation around,
first stop gambling because Only you can help yourself

Secondly become a BetKING agent, because only the betting companies and their agent truly wins

I can help you become an agent because I am already an agent in Abuja.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by alphaconde(m): 11:46am On Apr 19, 2022
thank God for lenten season some years ago.

i chose to abstain from betting as abstinence lol and behold after lent i could not even bet again no matter how sure the game is.

hopefully i will deal with my other addictions with time.

as for op.

all u have to do is to stop find a way to settle all your loses.

believe me its a poverty mentality to believe that u can be wealthy from gambling and lottery.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by OYENIYIJK: 11:47am On Apr 19, 2022
I'm with the customer service in the bank, one guy in front of me is busy predicting games on his Sporty bet app grin

This shit is addictive!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by dalass(f): 11:47am On Apr 19, 2022
Be content with what you have cheesy

Betting is greed... Wanting to use small amount to get bigger amounts

3 Likes

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by helinues: 11:47am On Apr 19, 2022
Make una continue to dey look for overnight fortune which only few are selected.

Those who said you should use N100 to win N20k are not stupid. If the business is not lucrative, they would have closed down

18 Likes

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by Legalcriminal: 11:47am On Apr 19, 2022
Betting is actually good but not for greedy people like you.

You don’t play games with too much matches very low chances of winnings. And don’t play straight winning games but games like (Over 7.5 throwings, over 4 corners, over 5 yellow cards) small odd and better money, in fact wo go and follow Mr banks on Twitter make I no cap too much but don’t give up on betting

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by opalu: 11:47am On Apr 19, 2022
Ok
Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by davidupdate89: 11:47am On Apr 19, 2022
[i][/i]
Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by figure007(m): 11:48am On Apr 19, 2022
I was there .... I gave myself sense when I discovered it was getting out of hand .... There is always a first cash out that will give you Joy to continue to stake,that's the devil's tactic to ruin you. Stop it now!!! No one advised me . I advised myself!!!some are terribly addicted to it and it's bad

10 Likes

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by Poorboy: 11:48am On Apr 19, 2022
You have not gone overboard yet, when you steal to bet that's when I will advice you. Like I said , you have not gone overboard yet. embarassed

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by shina11(m): 11:48am On Apr 19, 2022
awww

1 Like

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by Starboytwo(m): 11:48am On Apr 19, 2022
Goodluck mehn.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Do I Handle My Female Colleague? / The Cripple Cobbler Gets A New Wheel-chair (photos) / A Female Nigeria Painter Showcase Her Skills Prove That She Is Not Lazy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.