Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career (25845 Views)

How To Further My Career In Canada With Nigeria HND / 10 Things That Could Ruin Your Career / Johnspeak Uwangue: How I Broke The Chain Of Stagnation In My Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by realestate99: 11:59am On Apr 19, 2022
Poorboy:
You have not gone overboard yet, when you steal to bet that's when I will advice you. Like I said , you have not gone overboard yet. embarassed
Lol, using his boss money to play is " stealing on technical ground", I do play football betting but just for the thrill of it, I know that 95% of times it is not sure but sincerely I am after the thrills of checking those results i predicted, I really have a grip on myself when it comes to betting, it is like something that keeps me busy during weekends and nothing more for over 10 years now...... nothing can substitute hard/ smart work to get to the top.

8 Likes

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by Yommychrz(m): 11:59am On Apr 19, 2022
leonard002:
Just decide to stake only singles. Don't stake more than one outcome or more than one match. Decide firmly to do so. Gambling is fun. Everything can be addictive with lack of discipline.
boss aswear if you stake only one game self the thing go still cut even though na 1.05 odd

1 Like

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by Gamesmart: 12:00pm On Apr 19, 2022
Extrastiv01:

Hello everyone, my name is not necessary, I am 28 years old and I am on the verge of losing my job but the important thing here is that sport betting is about to ruin my life and career and I need help and advise from you all. It all started when my friend Bolaji(not real name) introduced me to this popular sport betting platform last year which I strongly believe that 80% of Nigerian youths would know or even use on a regular basis.

I started playing games on this platforms with the little money I made from side hustles,it was cool because I could still remember my first game; I staked #2000 on a match between Liverpool and a smaller club and I cashed out massively that weekend. I was so happy and all of a sudden I became greedy. I began to stake higher and started looking for higher and better odds to boost my winnings, I started staking with my salary and then it got worse that I started using my life savings to play games in which most time I don't win but still I won't back out hoping I would win back all my lost money in the next game ,I would even borrow money from my neighbors and friends as a matter of fact, I got a new name on the street: (BABA 2 ODDS)

Last week, my boss gave me #150,000 to go and deposit at the bank but instead I transferred the money into my betting account wallet hoping I could double the money. I predicted realmadrid to win on last week champions league match against Chelsea,though they qualified for the next round but they still lost to Chelsea. I almost ran mad at the viewing centre. Anyways my boss has been calling me since and I couldn't pick because I don't know what to tell him.....
Nairalanders I need your advise and help!!!

This guy don diagnose and has given you your likely solutions here:

https://www.nairaland.com/6846075/how-spent-180k-alawee-betting/5#107548588

Everything you need is there!

1 Like

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by adaperry25: 12:01pm On Apr 19, 2022
Betting is evil..Run
Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by Felabrity: 12:01pm On Apr 19, 2022
50d33q:
Congratulations
No matter the advice you get here it wo t change you
You can only change yourself.

Either gambling kill you or you kill gambling
you are absolutely right
Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by jaxxy(m): 12:01pm On Apr 19, 2022
Extrastiv01:

Hello everyone, my name is not necessary, I am 28 years old and I am on the verge of losing my job but the important thing here is that sport betting is about to ruin my life and career and I need help and advise from you all. It all started when my friend Bolaji(not real name) introduced me to this popular sport betting platform last year which I strongly believe that 80% of Nigerian youths would know or even use on a regular basis.

I started playing games on this platforms with the little money I made from side hustles,it was cool because I could still remember my first game; I staked #2000 on a match between Liverpool and a smaller club and I cashed out massively that weekend. I was so happy and all of a sudden I became greedy. I began to stake higher and started looking for higher and better odds to boost my winnings, I started staking with my salary and then it got worse that I started using my life savings to play games in which most time I don't win but still I won't back out hoping I would win back all my lost money in the next game ,I would even borrow money from my neighbors and friends as a matter of fact, I got a new name on the street: (BABA 2 ODDS)

Last week, my boss gave me #150,000 to go and deposit at the bank but instead I transferred the money into my betting account wallet hoping I could double the money. I predicted realmadrid to win on last week champions league match against Chelsea,though they qualified for the next round but they still lost to Chelsea. I almost ran mad at the viewing centre. Anyways my boss has been calling me since and I couldn't pick because I don't know what to tell him.....

The evidence of a bad bettor is u don't know when or how to stop on demand. Meaning u are hooked or close to being hooked.

2, u start to use other people`s funds or borrowing to stake, exceeding ur personal safe limits when it's not ur turnover. That is completely against the good rule.

3. u are loosing and still recklessly staking more so as to recover.

4. I don't support betting cos the odds are against u most times bt if u must play be smart, economical and stick to the good rules.

5. lastly don't bet what u cannot comfortably afford to lose.

u don't have 150k and u are betting sm1's 150k shows u are lost in ur greed and fantasy. Even If u won the bet ur bad habit will guarantee u loose All ur winnings again.

7 Likes

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by bigiyaro(m): 12:02pm On Apr 19, 2022
It's your greed that's killing you, not betting.
Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by Johnsown1(m): 12:02pm On Apr 19, 2022
It's better you pick your boss call, tell him the truth and suffer the consequenceses that follows it and make up your mind to stop the betting. Your the only person that can give yourself a good advice.

4 Likes

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by bigcee(m): 12:02pm On Apr 19, 2022
Bolaji26:
I once won 3.4m from betting with 700 but because I was addicted to it that time and looking for 4m to balance my plans, I come use d 3.4m carried Chelsea to win at 1.13odd.

Na so i lost the money.

Till today, I no dey go near betting again and na beg beg i dey beg for money now
Well done sir. You use 3.4m to play 1.13odd. Oga, no dey give us lies.

8 Likes

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by Majesty33(m): 12:02pm On Apr 19, 2022
I am also a victim of this addiction and it didnt ruin my life as Op stated above, rather it have slowed down my progress as a man. But to a large extent, i cant gamble with money that isnt mine but i can stake with the only cash in my account. Well i working very hard to control the habit. Habit cant be eradicated completely but to a large extent, it can be controlled.

3 Likes

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by Slynation(m): 12:02pm On Apr 19, 2022
Bolaji26:
I once won 3.4m from betting with 700 but because I was addicted to it that time and looking for 4m to balance my plans, I come use d 3.4m carried Chelsea to win at 1.13odd.

Na so i lost the money.

Till today, I no dey go near betting again and na beg beg i dey beg for money now
There are mumu, but your own mumu is out of this planet...grin

1 Like

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by Obagofixxy: 12:04pm On Apr 19, 2022
Op
Vawulence go reach your body first, you dey whine me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by lucky4west: 12:04pm On Apr 19, 2022
it is difficult to stop really but you have to take a stand....forget what you lost you can never win it back....as a chelsea fan i laff ur face when u think say RM go win the match even though they won the round....stop seeing gambling as a means to hit financial break thru...pray and trust God for financial success...stop visiting betshop...find that 150k fast and give ur Boss then give ur self time to heal.

4 Likes

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by Paulianfa(m): 12:05pm On Apr 19, 2022
Extrastiv01:

This game has ruined so many life's, my man there's nothing I will tell you that will makes u stop betting.
The thing has eaten deep in ur soul and u are addicted to it. That is wen u miss to bet is as if u are going to win, I am a living testimony infact I am a legend.
I sold everything I have ever had in this life to gamble.
I decided to do away with the site, erase everything concerning bets, livescores and so on.
It wasn't easy but I give God the glory I am free from betting. Just decide as in made up ur mind to quit.
Infact just stay away from betting that's all.

8 Likes

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by eteebanky1: 12:06pm On Apr 19, 2022
Wetin con concern us
Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by EhisChelsea1(m): 12:06pm On Apr 19, 2022
Extrastiv01:

What is ruining your life is NOT sport betting but INDISCIPLINE, GREED AND LACK OF PERSONAL PRINCIPLES. Even if you were to stop sport betting today, something else will simply replace that and the circle, continues. What you, and in deed, all those that keep creating threads of how sport betting is running their lives is to learn discipline, contentment and have certain personal principles that guide their action

1 Like

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by VIKTO83(m): 12:07pm On Apr 19, 2022
It's serious to say d least
Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by Majesty33(m): 12:09pm On Apr 19, 2022
Maverick777:

what match? what season?
I smell lies. show us the proof. Atleast that huge cash should even make u happy and relax for a very long time before resumption to betting.
Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by Praktikals(m): 12:13pm On Apr 19, 2022
Bolaji26:

Na so i lost the money.

Bolaji, why did you intriduce the OP to gambling?

1 Like

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by teejaylarry: 12:14pm On Apr 19, 2022
No be juju be diz �

1 Like

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by Maverick777: 12:14pm On Apr 19, 2022
Majesty33:
I smell lies. show us the proof. Atleast that huge cash should even make u happy and relax for a very long time before resumption to betting.
you're talking to the wrong person.!
Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 19, 2022
28yrs old man are you a child that you can’t take decisions into your own hands?
Mumu man

3 Likes

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by kcdendelo: 12:15pm On Apr 19, 2022
Bolaji26:

Na so i lost the money.

if this is true, you need to be lashed 700 strokes of koboko

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by Kingdonik(m): 12:16pm On Apr 19, 2022
Honestly, it might be difficult to stop betting instantly, because it is addictive, and you've trained your mind and body to allow respond to that addiction, by borrowing, stealing or doing anything, just to get the money to stake those games, just like drugs. The only solution, is to reduce your staking gradually, in the place of #2000, try and use #20 and train your mind to be appreciative of the rewards. If the bet lost, try and think that, it is how, you would have lost a big amount and ended up, blaming yourself. Reduce your gambling rate, and fill your time with other stuffs that won't make you have time to focus on gambling. Also, you can deactivate your betting accounts. May God help you!

4 Likes

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by rolams(m): 12:17pm On Apr 19, 2022
Ok. Continue
Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by EhisChelsea1(m): 12:17pm On Apr 19, 2022
dalass:
Be content with what you have cheesy

Betting is greed... Wanting to use small amount to get bigger amounts

For me, I think the issue is not betting but the mindset of majority of people that bet. Wanting to become an overnight millionaire.

I for instance do bet. Started about 3 years ago. And I have not had any reason to regret it. I work. My salary is structured. 5% goes into betting. That is funds I could have used for beer and other frivolities... so I divert it to bet. But the good thing is, that 5% is almost NEVER touched because, I am still trading with the 5% I deposited mid last year.

If you credit your sport bet with 10k, you have no business crediting that account again with your own personal money, except with winnings from the initial deposit. People play randomly, play anything and everything. No plan, no records and no accountability. So, they can’t even tell wether they are winning or playing at a loss. High time people who play bet sees it as an investment, rather than as gambling, the better for them

11 Likes

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by biafranrealson: 12:24pm On Apr 19, 2022
Foolish man
Since you know your problem and the solution, why not apply it instead of running kiti kiti dey go social media , now u no fit drink water drop cup .....
Odeh

1 Like

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by benuehouse: 12:24pm On Apr 19, 2022
The truth is u won't stop even when you get out of the mess you got yourself into unless you know how to attack the habit.

Fighting addiction is not always easy.

Please go and read this book - The Power of habit By Charles Duhigg

Habits work in 3-step loops: cue, routine, reward.

The cue is what triggers you to do the habit, for example walking to the shop to play the game or visiting the site from your phone.

The routine is the behavior you then automatically engage in, which, for betting, might be to go over to your favourite bookies, select the teams, fund your account and press the “stake” button.

Lastly, you’ll receive a reward for completing the routine, such as winning the bet, doubling your stake (most times with gambling winning is not certain).

You can change your habits by substituting just one part of the loop, the routine.

Willpower is the most important habit, and you can strengthen it over time with 3 things. Read the book to find out.

Kindly visit [url]www.benuehouse.com [/url] for the best electronics and home appliances money can buy.

2 Likes

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by AlphaBeta130: 12:25pm On Apr 19, 2022
Read allen carr easy way to quit gambling. Finish the book at a go. When you finish the book, to place a bet will scare you like hell. Message me for the pdf. Your brain has been altered and you need it to be corrected. Message me on WhatsApp for the pdf zero 8 ten 5 thirty 15 ten. It is very powerful
Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by Poorboy: 12:25pm On Apr 19, 2022
realestate99:

Lol, using his boss money to play is " stealing on technical ground", I do play football betting but just for the thrill of it, I know that 95% of times it is not sure but sincerely I am after the thrills of checking those results i predicted, I really have a grip on myself when it comes to betting, it is like something that keeps me busy during weekends and nothing more for over 10 years now...... nothing can substitute hard/ smart work to get to the top.
embarassed embarassed
Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by Peters1212(m): 12:25pm On Apr 19, 2022
U be get that mind oooo..u no even use 400k play but u put all 3.4M.

Na so i lost the money.

Till today, I no dey go near betting again and na beg beg i dey beg for money now[/quote

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Thread For Auditors & Potential Auditors / A Female Nigeria Painter Showcase Her Skills Prove That She Is Not Lazy / The Cripple Cobbler Gets A New Wheel-chair (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.