Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,225 members, 7,822,152 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career (25841 Views)

How To Further My Career In Canada With Nigeria HND / 10 Things That Could Ruin Your Career / Johnspeak Uwangue: How I Broke The Chain Of Stagnation In My Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by nwakibie3(m): 12:34pm On Apr 19, 2022
EhisChelsea1:

For me, I think the issue is not betting but the mindset of majority of people that bet. Wanting to become an overnight millionaire.

I for instance do bet. Started about 3 years ago. And I have not had any reason to regret it. I work. My salary is structured. 5% goes into betting. That is funds I could have used for beer and other frivolities... so I divert it to bet. But the good thing is, that 5% is almost NEVER touched because, I am still trading with the 5% I deposited mid last year.

If you credit your sport bet with 10k, you have no business crediting that account again with your own personal money, except with winnings from the initial deposit. People play randomly, play anything and everything. No plan, no records and no accountability. So, they can’t even tell wether they are winning or playing at a loss. High time people who play bet sees it as an investment, rather than as gambling, the better for them

You just nail it

4 Likes

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by Olam09(m): 12:42pm On Apr 19, 2022
Extrastiv01:

Hello everyone, my name is not necessary, I am 28 years old and I am on the verge of losing my job but the important thing here is that sport betting is about to ruin my life and career and I need help and advise from you all. It all started when my friend Bolaji(not real name) introduced me to this popular sport betting platform last year which I strongly believe that 80% of Nigerian youths would know or even use on a regular basis.

I started playing games on this platforms with the little money I made from side hustles,it was cool because I could still remember my first game; I staked #2000 on a match between Liverpool and a smaller club and I cashed out massively that weekend. I was so happy and all of a sudden I became greedy. I began to stake higher and started looking for higher and better odds to boost my winnings, I started staking with my salary and then it got worse that I started using my life savings to play games in which most time I don't win but still I won't back out hoping I would win back all my lost money in the next game ,I would even borrow money from my neighbors and friends as a matter of fact, I got a new name on the street: (BABA 2 ODDS)

Last week, my boss gave me #150,000 to go and deposit at the bank but instead I transferred the money into my betting account wallet hoping I could double the money. I predicted realmadrid to win on last week champions league match against Chelsea,though they qualified for the next round but they still lost to Chelsea. I almost ran mad at the viewing centre. Anyways my boss has been calling me since and I couldn't pick because I don't know what to tell him.....
Nairalanders I need your advise and help!!!

You could have bet on Chelsea straight win.. can't you see they won 6 nil before the Madrid game?

1 Like

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by luizpippo(m): 12:42pm On Apr 19, 2022
Enskynelson:
It's always easier to resist the urge of getting involved in any ill than trying to break off the shackles when already addicted. I am in my 30s but have never placed any bet. Let us wait for others who have the experience to tell us how one can break loose from the chain of this kind of addiction as I can only advice u how never to be involved in betting.

I placed a bet for the first time in 2016, since then i haven't used a total of 15k.

I go months without remembering i have an account.

I have only put 1k in my account this year and i still have 260 on it.

Meanwhile i have registered on nairabet (only active one) bet9ja, accessbet, 1xbet, saharabet, merrybet and betwin.

I am only addicted to the internet
Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by Advertisershubs(f): 12:44pm On Apr 19, 2022
Extrastiv01:

Hello everyone, my name is not necessary, I am 28 years old and I am on the verge of losing my job but the important thing here is that sport betting is about to ruin my life and career and I need help and advise from you all. It all started when my friend Bolaji(not real name) introduced me to this popular sport betting platform last year which I strongly believe that 80% of Nigerian youths would know or even use on a regular basis.

I started playing games on this platforms with the little money I made from side hustles,it was cool because I could still remember my first game; I staked #2000 on a match between Liverpool and a smaller club and I cashed out massively that weekend. I was so happy and all of a sudden I became greedy. I began to stake higher and started looking for higher and better odds to boost my winnings, I started staking with my salary and then it got worse that I started using my life savings to play games in which most time I don't win but still I won't back out hoping I would win back all my lost money in the next game ,I would even borrow money from my neighbors and friends as a matter of fact, I got a new name on the street: (BABA 2 ODDS)

Last week, my boss gave me #150,000 to go and deposit at the bank but instead I transferred the money into my betting account wallet hoping I could double the money. I predicted realmadrid to win on last week champions league match against Chelsea,though they qualified for the next round but they still lost to Chelsea. I almost ran mad at the viewing centre. Anyways my boss has been calling me since and I couldn't pick because I don't know what to tell him.....

The truth is: it is not Sport Betting that is ruining your life, you are the one ruining your life out of Your Greed and Folly.

You have written it all by yourself. You are too greedy.

Just like in any business; Sport Betting/Trading is for people who are patient and understand what they are doing.

It is true that over 70% of people COMPLETELY lose their hard earned monies to the bookies. Only fewer than 10% of people earn consistent money from the bookies because they know what they are trading on.

The remaining 20% of people are those that juggle winnings and loses to the bookies.

And This Statistics clearly shows why People are still active in Sport Betting despite the fact that many of them lose to it.

You are among the 80% population that are GREEDY and Probably Never Ready to Learn The Ropes of Trading Sport Events simply because you have never thought it necessary to seek Education or Create Solutions yourself.

I would have adviced you to join a Sport Trading Institute which I'm affiliated to; but your greed will probably not let you follow trading instructions which you'll be taught in the Sport Trading Institute. So, my advice for you is to stay off sport betting completely for at least 2 years or maybe forever if you cannot handle yourself as you use other people's money to bet on your greediness.

So, for now; stay away from sport betting and pay your debts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by okoroemeka(m): 12:44pm On Apr 19, 2022
Extrastiv01:

you have to be strong and face the reality of what you did,your boss is coming with police to arrest you,you will remain in the cell until your people produce that #150kbetter go with somebody and fall on the ground and beg your boss,I was at zone 13 ukpo anambra state last month, exactly similar thing played out there,the guy was arrested October last year,by last month he is still in detention,so prepare to be cell presidio if your people cannot produce the money fast.
Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by OKORONKWOBRIGHT(m): 12:47pm On Apr 19, 2022
trustable:
Hey man, this article can help you deal with that situation. https://www.moneyedugame.com/2022/03/how-to-stop-sports-betting-and-gambling.html it will give you some useful tips you need to follow, and in time, see changes. It's simple to control your sports betting addiction. Just go through the article from the link I have added above. I want to hear a positive testimony.

YOU ARE A FOOL MONKEY

1 Like

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by leonard002(m): 12:47pm On Apr 19, 2022
Yommychrz:
boss aswear if you stake only one game self the thing go still cut even though na 1.05 odd
If you research well 90% of the time e go enter
Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by deavicky(m): 12:49pm On Apr 19, 2022
Extrastiv01:

you will lose your job and still br arrested. This I have seen.
Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by Tilados: 12:58pm On Apr 19, 2022
Na village people dey pursue you.
3.4 million go just like that.
Mumu na him u be
Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by luizpippo(m): 12:59pm On Apr 19, 2022
Maybe i should stake this client 6.7million for windows, american steel doors and POP cement on over 3.5 BTW Liverpool and Man U.

That's millions to upgrade to 2015 Honda Accord.

But what if the games ends a 1-1?

Na jail straight grin

1 Like

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by Tilados: 12:59pm On Apr 19, 2022
[quote author=Bolaji26 post=112083316]I once won 3.4m from betting with 700 but because I was addicted to it that time and looking for 4m to balance my plans, I come use d 3.4m carried Chelsea to win at 1.13odd.

Na so i lost the money.

Till today, I no dey go near betting again and na beg beg i dey beg for money now[/quot]
Mumu na him u be.
Generational mumu

1 Like

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by ikejohn(m): 1:05pm On Apr 19, 2022
The best remedy to stop sportbettting if you are knowledgeable enough is to go in cryptocurrency example ( crypto gaming play to earn). I can recommend one NINNEKO GAMING. You can earn upto $60 a week, but you must spend money to buy nft materials to play the game. That was the strategy I used to stop my own.
Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by daniboy4545(m): 1:05pm On Apr 19, 2022
trustable:
Hey man, this article can help you deal with that situation. https://www.moneyedugame.com/2022/03/how-to-stop-sports-betting-and-gambling.html it will give you some useful tips you need to follow, and in time, see changes. It's simple to control your sports betting addiction. Just go through the article from the link I have added above. I want to hear a positive testimony.

God I am tried of this life...I am really depressed..... Suicide loading
Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by Psady(m): 1:06pm On Apr 19, 2022
Itzwandis:
My brother if u truely wants to stop gambling then u hv to stop thinking of recovering ur lost money(let it go) because thats wat draws you back mostly and be prayerful to ur God
Every time I get that feeling of betting to recover my lost, I just remember that phrase that says "The earlier you stop digging the further are you from your grave"! So I just tell myself " STOP DIGGING".

3 Likes

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by avalon7(m): 1:09pm On Apr 19, 2022
Extrastiv01:

This story brings back horrible memories, believe me bro I've been there but i didn't get to the point of using other people's money tho but i realized i was getting close and i had to do something about it. In my 4th year in the university i lost my school fees, house rent and course registration money to bet, totalling over 300k.

It always starts the way yours did, you win ones and then you're hooked like a crack addict. I have been able to move past my gambling addiction and i think you can if you can the the following.

1. You need to accept the fact that what has happened has happened, you're never getting that money back, the more you try to recover the more you'll loose, it's an endless cycle and before you know it you're considering jumping of a bridge

2. You need to realise that you can never solve your live problems with gambling. If it was that easy there wouldn't be so many betting platforms. These people are getting rich by taking money from people like you.

3. Get something doing! Most people are pushed into gambling because of needs and they believe gambling is the way. The moment i stopped gambling that was when i started noticing all the available means of earing money and believe me my life has been better ever since.

4. Stay clear from this environments, if you have friends that gamble too cut them off!

If you can do just this four things i promise you will come out of this stronger. ONE THING YOU NEED TO REMEMBER IS THAT NO MATTER HOW BAD THINGS MIGHT SEEM NOW IT CAN ALWAYS GET WORSE IF YOU DON'T STOP NOW!

GOOD LUCK

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by Psady(m): 1:13pm On Apr 19, 2022
Olam09:

You could have bet on Chelsea straight win.. can't you see they won 6 nil before the Madrid game?
Very bad logic of forcasting an outcome of crucial matches of that sort, but still, it's all gambliing, it can go side ways most at times
Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by HallaDaTruth: 1:14pm On Apr 19, 2022
I advise you bet on dog race to recover your money
Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by 6ixT8: 1:14pm On Apr 19, 2022
Paulianfa:

This game has ruined so many life's, my man there's nothing I will tell you that will makes u stop betting.
The thing has eaten deep in ur soul and u are addicted to it. That is wen u miss to bet is as if u are going to win, I am a living testimony infact I am a legend.
I sold everything I have ever had in this life to gamble.
I decided to do away with the site, erase everything concerning bets, livescores and so on.
It wasn't easy but I give God the glory I am free from betting. Just decide as in made up ur mind to quit.
Infact just stay away from betting that's all.

At the bolded
Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by Psady(m): 1:19pm On Apr 19, 2022
07kjb:
When u go no say betting hard is when you are looking for common 2 odd to stake 100,000 or above

Betting doesn't make rich the earlier u know the better for u
Wisest quote have heard today.
Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by awapp: 1:20pm On Apr 19, 2022
Your village people are strong oh... grin
Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by oscarlamba: 1:26pm On Apr 19, 2022
Bolaji26:
I once won 3.4m from betting with 700 but because I was addicted to it that time and looking for 4m to balance my plans, I come use d 3.4m carried Chelsea to win at 1.13odd.

Na so i lost the money.

Till today, I no dey go near betting again and na beg beg i dey beg for money now
ohhhh na u be the bolaji
Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by Nobody: 1:27pm On Apr 19, 2022
First rule of sports betting is NEVER stake what you can’t afford to lose. Punting should only be done with any disposable cash you have so staking with your boss’s money is beyond ridiculous. You already know the advice most people will give you here, which is to just stop, so I think it’s irrelevant. All I will say is that you would not have complained here about having a problem or sports betting ruining your life if that Real Madrid game had gone your way. Pele.
Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by geelite(m): 1:27pm On Apr 19, 2022
bet took my school fees when i was in 200l.. the stuff made me drop out grin grin grin grin thanks to a friend that introduced me to national open university where i finally got my first degree in information technology grin grin grin grin..... my broda, run for your life ooooo.. that thing bad
Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 19, 2022
Continue, u will win one day
Try women league. Almost all of them play over2.5
Play the following women straight win
1. Barcelona women
2. PSG "
3. Chelsea "
4. Arsenal "
5. ManCity "
6. Lyon "
7. Check Scotland women's league, pick top 2 teams. U re good to go.

1 Like

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by Zealoy(m): 1:28pm On Apr 19, 2022
Wen i know betting is scam was wen a lost a match that suppose to win me #100k at 89minutes to d end of the match i nearly run mad though i started d roll over bet with just #1k
Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by zudozz: 1:28pm On Apr 19, 2022
First thing first, betting Madrid to beat Chelsea in the second leg and staking a lot of money on such bet shows you dont know how to play. Anyone that knows the game knew that game was Chelsea double Chance. And you were playing with a huge amount that is not even yours. Even people that play with their money would have doublechanced Madrid or Chelsea.

Finally, Sports betting is a plague that has befallen all of us and I fee your pain. The different between us is that you are staking money that is not yours. But we all lose monies every week, in my case, I stake and lose hundreds of thousands. You cant be 2 sure. Even if you are 2 sure and you stake high, that day Liverpool or Man City or even Madrid will lose. Don't forget they are only waiting for you to get just ONE wrong while you are trying to get ALL right!

1 Like

Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by KingAlayinde(m): 1:29pm On Apr 19, 2022
Extrastiv01:

It only soldier's beating that can make you quit it cos after this one , I'm still seeing you playing again ........ Give me your boss number and let me calls him to arrange some soldiers for you
Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by deebrownneymar: 1:30pm On Apr 19, 2022
Extrastiv01:

First borrow from loan app to save your job
Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by Yommychrz(m): 1:31pm On Apr 19, 2022
leonard002:
If you research well 90% of the time e go enter
but how much you wan put ontop that wey go give you better money abi how many of them you wan carry
Re: Sportbetting Is About To Ruin My Career by Goalnaldo(m): 1:35pm On Apr 19, 2022
How you cashed out "massively" with 2k for Liverpool to win against a small team is still what I can't understand.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Thread For Auditors & Potential Auditors / A Female Nigeria Painter Showcase Her Skills Prove That She Is Not Lazy / The Cripple Cobbler Gets A New Wheel-chair (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.