Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

My Friend's Husband Is Cheating On Her, Do I Tell Her? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Friend's Husband Is Cheating On Her, Do I Tell Her? (4886 Views)

"Why I Am Not Worried About My Wife Cheating On Me" / MY BROTHER IS Cheating On His Wife / Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friend's Husband Is Cheating On Her, Do I Tell Her? by CYclone1(f): 10:00pm On Jul 07, 2011
I'm kind of confused, though I have an idea of what to do here but i just hope it's the right thing. About a week ago, I discovered that a friend of my cousin's is dating my friend's husband. This lady told my cousin she's preggy and that she's not having an abortion. I'm tempted to tell my friend, maybe codedly or place an annonymous, what do you think? Their wedding is just about 8 months old!
Re: My Friend's Husband Is Cheating On Her, Do I Tell Her? by obowunmi(m): 10:09pm On Jul 07, 2011
None of your business my friend. Let the cards lie where they may.
Re: My Friend's Husband Is Cheating On Her, Do I Tell Her? by kokoye(m): 10:34pm On Jul 07, 2011
Dont tell her.

Just figure out a way to let her find out . .
Re: My Friend's Husband Is Cheating On Her, Do I Tell Her? by ronkebp(f): 10:43pm On Jul 07, 2011
You can't tell her directly, but you can do that by letting someone else tell her, she gat to know though.
Re: My Friend's Husband Is Cheating On Her, Do I Tell Her? by feminineA: 10:49pm On Jul 07, 2011
Let her find out herself. put yourself in her shoes are you sure you want to know such
Re: My Friend's Husband Is Cheating On Her, Do I Tell Her? by IyaBasira: 11:26pm On Jul 07, 2011
Yes you definitely should.

If you truly care about her well being as a friend you should tell her. If not, she will find out that you knew about it and said nothing and from then on, you can kiss your friendship goodbye because she will never trust you again.

But then it also depends on how much you value her as a friend.

The poster above me . . . well , all I can say is that different people have different preferences. If it was me, I would definitely want to know. So u might want to ask your friend if she would like to know about something like that. If she would want to know, then it is your duty as her friend to let her know. If not, then you clearly have no duty to let her find out.
Re: My Friend's Husband Is Cheating On Her, Do I Tell Her? by Outstrip(f): 4:21am On Jul 08, 2011
If it was my best friend I would definitely tell her. Especially since the other woman is pregnant. Maybe tell him you know and ask him to tell her or you will. Either way I would tell my bestfriend. If it someone I just casually know, not sure I would be comfortable walking up to her and saying anything about her husband especially when I did not catch the man on top of the other woman
Re: My Friend's Husband Is Cheating On Her, Do I Tell Her? by CYclone1(f): 6:36am On Jul 08, 2011
kokoye:

Just figure out a way to let her find out . .
Yea, but how?

IyaBasira:

Yes you definitely should.

If you truly care about her well being as a friend you should tell her. If not, she will find out that you knew about it and said nothing and from then on, you can kiss your friendship goodbye because she will never trust you again.
She's my very very good friend and I truly care about her and I do not want her to find out I knew all along and I've been carrying on like nothing happened.

I'm thinking of talking to the other woman next time I see her,hopefully it'll be worth it.
Re: My Friend's Husband Is Cheating On Her, Do I Tell Her? by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 08, 2011
Talking to the other woman or the husband is not your business. Finding a way to tell your friend is your business.
Re: My Friend's Husband Is Cheating On Her, Do I Tell Her? by queend: 9:07am On Jul 08, 2011
Tell your friend and help her too
Re: My Friend's Husband Is Cheating On Her, Do I Tell Her? by madoba: 10:30am On Jul 08, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Did I hear you right? Your friend's marriage is only 8 months old. Awwww no! this is just one of the many reasons I said on another thread that I am not motivated to get married at the moment.

How close are you and this friend? If it were me and this friend was really close and we go way back before she met her husband I would tell her but ask her to still verify my story and investigate it properly before bringing it up with her husband.

I won't also hesitate to repeat what I know or have heard in front of her husband with her present if it comes to that. She will be hurt one way or the other whether it comes from you or not.
Re: My Friend's Husband Is Cheating On Her, Do I Tell Her? by Blendy77(f): 11:29am On Jul 08, 2011
Men will not kill us in this country!!!! Just 8 months old marriage, what is he looking for outside? Is ur friend pregnant? This news will definitely tear her apart but pls dont be responsible for breaking up her marriage. Its better she doesnt know especially thru u cos u will be the bad friend if she eventually settles with her husband. Maybe u should just pray for God to intervene in this matter. Its even possible the other lady doesnt know he is married. God will deliver us all from evil men!
Re: My Friend's Husband Is Cheating On Her, Do I Tell Her? by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 08, 2011
CY_clone:

I'm kind of confused, though I have an idea of what to do here but i just hope it's the right thing. About a week ago, I discovered that a friend of my cousin's is dating my friend's husband. This lady told my cousin she's preggy and that she's not having an abortion. I'm tempted to tell my friend, maybe codedly or place an annonymous, what do you think? Their wedding is just about 8 months old!

You mind your own business, simple.
Re: My Friend's Husband Is Cheating On Her, Do I Tell Her? by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 08, 2011
I agree with siena here. Bestfriend or not,just mind your business.
Re: My Friend's Husband Is Cheating On Her, Do I Tell Her? by ifyalways(f): 12:38pm On Jul 08, 2011
@OP,how did u know for sure that they are sleeping with each other?Wild guesses or u caught them red handed?

Please mind ur own 'bleeping' biz first.Do u wanna tell cos u are not the 'lucky one' or u really care,huh?Be sincere to yaself first!
Re: My Friend's Husband Is Cheating On Her, Do I Tell Her? by horny4u(f): 12:47pm On Jul 08, 2011
Very sad!
I will not tell her, but when she hears it i will be there for her.
Re: My Friend's Husband Is Cheating On Her, Do I Tell Her? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2011
don't say anything.
Re: My Friend's Husband Is Cheating On Her, Do I Tell Her? by dayokanu(m): 2:50pm On Jul 08, 2011
I would suggest you let your cousins friend know that her Aristo is married to your friend.

Also maybe hint the man that you know something, maybe you can call him and Say "Do you know (insert cousins friend name) She says you are friendly with her". Something in that line.

Dont tell your friend
Re: My Friend's Husband Is Cheating On Her, Do I Tell Her? by ronkebp(f): 3:25pm On Jul 08, 2011
madoba:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Did I hear you right? Your friend's marriage is only 8 months old. Awwww no! this is just one of the many reasons I said on another thread that I am not motivated to get married at the moment.

How close are you and this friend? If it were me and this friend was really close and we go way back before she met her husband I would tell her but ask her to still verify my story and investigate it properly before bringing it up with her husband.

I won't also hesitate to repeat what I know or have heard in front of her husband with her present if it comes to that. She will be hurt one way or the other whether it comes from you or not.

Hmm, at the bolded, i tire for some men ooo, they are so irresponsible, kai!!!! 8 months marraige, hmmmmmm, wahlai she should know, since that lady is not ready to get rid of the pregnancy, she obviously wants to ruin thir marriage, She would know, now or later, better she knows now,
Re: My Friend's Husband Is Cheating On Her, Do I Tell Her? by rubi(f): 3:27pm On Jul 08, 2011
Don't tell her when they make up after quarelling you will be their greatest enemy.
I don't want to get involve in another persons family havoc. Women can be funny sometimes when you reveal to them such a secret and the way they will handle the issue might backfire against you
Re: My Friend's Husband Is Cheating On Her, Do I Tell Her? by monkeyleg: 4:25pm On Jul 08, 2011
marriage only 8 months old, belle outside. Which kind world we dey so. Its a diffuclt one which must be dealt with carefully. Let her husband know that you know and ask him to speak to his wife about it or you will have no ther choice than to tell her yourself, but be mindful that he can turn around and accuse you too.

Good luck.

Why dont we value our relationships anymore? what is so good about cheating on each other?
Re: My Friend's Husband Is Cheating On Her, Do I Tell Her? by ronkebp(f): 4:37pm On Jul 08, 2011
monkeyleg:

marriage only 8 months old, belle outside. Which kind world we dey so. Its a diffuclt one which must be dealt with carefully. Let her husband know that you know and ask him to speak to his wife about it or you will have no ther choice than to tell her yourself, but be mindful that he can turn around and accuse you too.

Good luck.

Why dont we value our relationships anymore? what is so good about cheating on each other?

I wonder oooo, i tire, wish i could help that pathetic situation, only God has the power to, moreover by the time the hubby is confronted, he will start to stammer like a fool, and be begging.
Re: My Friend's Husband Is Cheating On Her, Do I Tell Her? by monkeyleg: 8:30pm On Jul 08, 2011
ronkebp:

I wonder oooo, i tire, wish i could help that pathetic situation, only God has the power to, moreover by the time the hubby is confronted, he will start to stammer like a fool, and be begging.
The truth is that people have stopped valuing relationships. There is no way one claims to love someone and then goes ahead and cheat. You never loved the person in the first place, if you did, the consequences would hit you before you take the plunge. For those repeat offenders, it beats me. where is the sense in getting married only to persistantly cheat? why not stay single and phuck as much as you want, maybe till bad disease catch you. here the idiot has not protected himself or his unlucky wife
Re: My Friend's Husband Is Cheating On Her, Do I Tell Her? by CYclone1(f): 10:01pm On Jul 08, 2011
Blendy77:

Men will not kill us in this country!!!! Just 8 months old marriage, what is he looking for outside? Is your friend pregnant? This news will definitely tear her apart but pls dont be responsible for breaking up her marriage. Its better she doesnt know especially thru u cos u will be the bad friend if she eventually settles with her husband. Maybe u should just pray for God to intervene in this matter. Its even possible the other lady doesnt know he is married. God will deliver us all from evil men!
Yes, she is pregnant and the other lady is aware of his marital status.

ifyalways:

@OP,[b]how did u know for sure that they are sleeping with each other?[/b]Wild guesses or u caught them red handed?
Ha ba! All her friends are aware. My cousin told me and the lady herself confirmed it.
To answer the second part of your post, I'm concerned because I REALLY DO CARE about my friend. She was my chief bride's maid, she's my son's best buddy and she has always been there for me!
It was such a painful discovery last week, and the worst part is that even after my cousin told her friend her guy is my friend's husband, she said she's aware but she's in love and she's sorry if she's hurting her!
Well, I finally told my husband and he advised me to keep mute, but promised to maybe talk to the guy. So, as much as I hate the situation, I have to fold my arms and see what happens.
I'm really glad I didn't overreact earlier and I feel better now. It's just sad because my friend loves this guy so much  sad angry
Re: My Friend's Husband Is Cheating On Her, Do I Tell Her? by monkeyleg: 10:24pm On Jul 08, 2011
@CY_clone,

do they have kids? There must be something fundamentally wrong for the man to start straying just 8 months after marriage. something isnt right. You friend may love her husband, but the husband doesnt love her. And if true that this lady is pregnant, then the husband is reckless and has potentially put his wife @ risk
Re: My Friend's Husband Is Cheating On Her, Do I Tell Her? by IyaBasira: 4:44am On Jul 09, 2011
CY_clone:

Yes, she is pregnant and the other lady is aware of his marital status.
Ha ba! All her friends are aware. My cousin told me and the lady herself confirmed it.
To answer the second part of your post, I'm concerned because I REALLY DO CARE about my friend. She was my chief bride's maid, she's my son's best buddy and she has always been there for me!
It was such a painful discovery last week, and the worst part is that even after my cousin told her friend her guy is my friend's husband, she said she's aware but she's in love and she's sorry if she's hurting her!
Well, I finally told my husband and he advised me to keep mute, but promised to maybe talk to the guy. So, as much as I hate the situation, I have to fold my arms and see what happens.
I'm really glad I didn't overreact earlier and I feel better now. It's just sad because my friend loves this guy so much  sad angry

First of all, you don't HAVE to fold your hands. Obviously I cannot stress the importance of telling your friend. I know that in the end you will go and do as you please. But I beg you, please don't say that you don't want to be a bad friend, because you've already put yourself into that category by choosing to fold your hands. When this gets out (and trust me it will), it's going to look like you all sat down and were discussing her misfortune , instead of helping her out when she needed it. But like I said, its your choice.
Re: My Friend's Husband Is Cheating On Her, Do I Tell Her? by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 09, 2011
Re: My Friend's Husband Is Cheating On Her, Do I Tell Her? by Sike(m): 10:16am On Jul 09, 2011
#Np . . If U ask me. . Na who i go ask. . D matta wey U C so. . E tey wey e start. . No be me go talk am. . E heavy 4 me mouth. . . . .If U ask ME (Omawunmi reloaded)
Re: My Friend's Husband Is Cheating On Her, Do I Tell Her? by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 09, 2011
Do not tell her. She would find out by herself, that is if she doesn't even know already.
Re: My Friend's Husband Is Cheating On Her, Do I Tell Her? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jul 09, 2011
CY_clone:

Men will always cheat on their women once they get the chance because they are polygamous by nature.
A man is not meant to be with one woman:It is just not natural.
Women are always in self denial:My husband loves me and can not cheat on me or my boyfriend loves me and can not cheat on me.You need to wake up and smell the coffee;Men will always cheat.Those who are not cheating have not had the opportunity or are virgins.
Re: My Friend's Husband Is Cheating On Her, Do I Tell Her? by CYclone1(f): 7:06pm On Jul 14, 2011
Richvkunt:

Men will always cheat on their women once they get the chance because they are polygamous by nature.
[b]A man is not meant to be with one woman:It is just not natural.[/b]Women are always in self denial:My husband loves me and can not cheat on me or my boyfriend loves me and can not cheat on me.You need to wake up and smell the coffee;Men will always cheat.Those who are not cheating have not had the opportunity or are virgins.
Oops. . . coming from a man, wahala dey o!
Re: My Friend's Husband Is Cheating On Her, Do I Tell Her? by ronkebp(f): 7:27pm On Jul 14, 2011
Richvkunt:

A man is not meant to be with one woman:It is just not natural.
Women are always in self denial:My husband loves me and can not cheat on me or my boyfriend loves me and can not cheat on me.You need to wake up and smell the coffee;Men will always cheat.Those who are not cheating have not had the opportunity or are virgins.

When God created Adam and Eve in the beginning, why didn't God create 'Eve and Eva' for Adam?, since it is not natural for the men to be with one woman,

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Ex Is Better On Bed Than My Husband,am Confused(i Got Married Recetly) / My Wife Has Crazy Temper Tantrums / Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.