Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,418 members, 7,861,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:57 AM

US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians (29309 Views)

South Sudan Detains Journalists For Recording President Urinating On Himself / Nigerian Man Reacts As Fleeing Ukrainians Maintain Traffic Laws / Dragging Suitcases, Ukrainians Trek To Safety In Hungary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by Mooh247: 6:01pm On Apr 20, 2022
Justiceleague1:

Seun lalasticlala mynd44

Why are you qouting empty comments is everything ok
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by Invitationn: 6:03pm On Apr 20, 2022
foryourmindlol:
I hope all the buffoons above me actually read the news or they're just commenting without sense.

They were arrested at the border and all MANY of them have been released into US on humanitarian grounds.

Do you think US border is porous like Nigeria border where bandits from Niger Republic enter and go at any time?

Even if you're qualified for assulum, when you show up at US border without a valid visa, they must detain, profile and interview you before ruling to deport or allow you into the US.

I thought you would have said, why not go to Russia? Or is Russia not Obodo oyibo too? All of una dey eye USA, Canada, UK and other Western countries but you will never admit it.

Suggest for them to go to Russia or Belarus or even come to Nigeria.
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by BarrElChapo(m): 6:03pm On Apr 20, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

Why not simply go to Canada... Canadians are more refugee and asylum friendly, Murica no send anybody

You see what Zelensky 's arrogance is causing

Zelensky arrogance you say ? Men you're sick in the head, brain all parts of your Fvcking lifeless body

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 6:04pm On Apr 20, 2022
texazzpete:

If someone comes to your house and slaps you, then people say you started it, will you be happy?

No wonder you people fail exams. Events happening live in front of you and you still don’t get it.
people you can't win,he should be diplomatic enough as a leader to handle such situations,his people should be his major concern not his ego...so you're telling me if arned robbers Strom your house with riffles you'll engage them in fisticuffs not minding the lives of your family? Wisdom is profitable...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by Mooh247: 6:04pm On Apr 20, 2022
BarrElChapo:

Zelensky arrogance you say ? Men you're sick in the head, brain all parts of your Fvcking lifeless body

Rule 2 Mynd44 Lalasticlala Seun

Learn proper ways to communicate with strangers on public forum
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by TheScientist: 6:19pm On Apr 20, 2022
Sergio103:

The reaction between H2SO4 and cellulose gives of what??.
My dear scientist
Do not tempt The Scientist. I might overdo
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:27pm On Apr 20, 2022
Justiceleague1:
Through Russia's borders with the US?!!!

What did I just read?
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by iyke2frankeze: 6:33pm On Apr 20, 2022
The Comedian president eye never clear.
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by greymiles: 6:39pm On Apr 20, 2022
toujurs:
don't those illiterates above, typing nonsense.
Mr literate grin
Oya read weytin u type again
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by loswhite(m): 6:51pm On Apr 20, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Ukrainians suffering all over the world because of their comedian president
The comedian president is known all over the world but you are only known because the internet allows Goat to express themselves.

1 Like

Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by Yankee101: 6:57pm On Apr 20, 2022
somehow:

Many

Not most

Or all

They only allowed the moneybags or those useful to them in grin

Vulnerable people like children are given priority. If you have money ypu don't need to be a refugee. There is investor green card if you invest $500k (rural area) to $1m (developed area).

1 Like

Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by Justiceleague1: 7:17pm On Apr 20, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

What did I just read?
I mean river borders
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by DaveHarry(m): 7:23pm On Apr 20, 2022
Zelensky should just accept that Ukraine will never join NATO so that Peace will return. How long will it take before the president of a whole European nation get to know he has been deceived by the West. The West never offer help without consequences. They are the devils among us. It's just so unfortunate they have become too powerful to be stopped in any way.

1 Like

Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 20, 2022
Hndrrxxx:
please contact the editor of the Oxford English Dictionary; tell them "many" has been redefined to mean "few"

Lol!

Many of the detained Ukrainians were ultimately released into US territory after being granted a humanitarian parole, the Washington Post reported. On Monday, the US administration extended temporary protected status for Ukrainians for another 18 months.

It's in the fourth paragraph. grin cheesy
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by BarrElChapo(m): 7:36pm On Apr 20, 2022
Mooh247:

Rule 2 Mynd44 Lalasticlala Seun

Learn proper ways to communicate with strangers on public forum

What about rules 3,4,5,6,7........ Idiot
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by Sergio103(m): 7:40pm On Apr 20, 2022
TheScientist:

Do not tempt The Scientist. I might overdo

I'm also a scientist so chillax.

Let's have good brain test
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by somehow: 7:45pm On Apr 20, 2022
Yankee101:

Vulnerable people like children are given priority. If you have money ypu don't need to be a refugee. There is investor green card if you invest $500k (rural area) to $1m (developed area).

We are talking people fleeing war, not like they just packed their bags, then planned the journey for months.
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by maasoap(m): 7:48pm On Apr 20, 2022
foryourmindlol:
I hope all the buffoons above me actually read the news or they're just commenting without sense.

They were arrested at the border and released into US on humanitarian grounds.

Do you think US border is porous like Nigeria border where bandits from Niger Republic enter and go at any time?

Even if you're qualified for assulum, when you show up at US border without a valid visa, they must detain, interview and profile you before ruling to deport or allow you into the US.

I thought you would have said, why not go to Russia? Or is Russia not Obodo oyibo too? All of una dey eye USA, Canada, UK and other Western countries but you will never admit it.

Stop foaming in the mouth. They didn't attack USA, they were simply saying Zelensky decision was the reason for mass migration.
BTW: did you too see the number of Ukrainian refugees USA is going to take in up there? 100k! What difference does that make out of 5 million fleeing Ukrainians?
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by BigDawsNet: 8:08pm On Apr 20, 2022
lexy2014:
I don't understand. The distance between US and Europe is 6166km of open water (Atlantic ocean). How did 5000 Ukrainians didn't migrate to any of the mainland European nations but decided to pass several countries in Europe, cross Atlantic oceanic, get to south America all in an effort to enter the US?

US is one of the best country in the world

Ukraine is not really different from the rest of EU
So is just like telling Nigerian to relocate to Ghana or Senegal... nobody will fancy that
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by Funflipper: 8:16pm On Apr 20, 2022
foryourmindlol:

Even if you're qualified for assulum, when you show up at US border without a valid visa, they must detain, interview and profile you before ruling to deport or allow you into the US.

or china
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by Excuzeme: 8:17pm On Apr 20, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

Why not simply go to Canada... Canadians are more refugee and asylum friendly, Murica no send anybody

You see what Zelensky 's arrogance is causing

The USA is full of Hypocrisy!
They are urging Ukraine to fight-on bu they wont accept them as refugee, isn't that strange?

The same USA that is calling Russia a War Criminal, refused to sign-on to the ICC and it even sanctioned the ICC Judges, when they decided they would "investigate" the War Crimes of America in the Iraq War.

But now that the need the ICC to "act against Russia, their foe", they have decided to remove the Sanctions they imposed on ICC!
Now, what do we call that kind of behaviour?
So, the USA can prosecute other Nations/President for War Crimes but itself, cannot even be investigated?
Infact, only AFRICAN LEADERS have been prosecuted at the ICC, not a single "white Country", till today.
The ICC is onl useful to the USA, when it is prosecuting others
. grin

The same USA, sanctioned Venezuela, a country with the World Highest Deposit of Crude Oil, living in poverty because America will not allow it to earn money from selling its Oil.
Now that it needed Crude Oil in the World market, to lower Petrol Prices inside its own Country and to raise its won reserve, it swallowed its vomit and went back to Venezuela, asking it to start selling Crude Oil.

All these are facts that anyone can confirm on the Internet.

Black people need to start thing for themselves, instead of swallowing Western Propaganda

1 Like

Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by Techguy96(m): 8:19pm On Apr 20, 2022
YoruEnglish:
Zelensky wey cele don dey deceived grin , busy asking for help from the west, and awon omo iya re are detained in USA border.
Zelensky cele ntan e.
The headline was a click bait and Nigerians fell for it as usual
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by Walkee: 8:27pm On Apr 20, 2022
foryourmindlol:

smh there are over 5m Ukrainian migrants in Russia.
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by Mooh247: 8:28pm On Apr 20, 2022
Excuzeme:

The USA is full of Hypocrisy!
They are urging Ukraine to fight-on bu they wont accept them as refugee, isn't that strange?

The same USA that is calling Russia a War Criminal, refused to sign-on to the ICC and it even sanctioned the ICC Judges, when they decided they would "investigate" the War Crimes of America in the Iraq War.

But now that the need the ICC to "act against Russia, their foe", they have decided to remove the Sanctions they imposed on ICC!
Now, what do we call that kind of behaviour?
So, the USA can prosecute other Nations/President for War Crimes but itself, cannot even be investigated?
Infact, only AFRICAN LEADERS have been prosecuted at the ICC, not a single "white Country", till today.
The ICC is onl useful to the USA, when it is prosecuting others
. grin

The same USA, sanctioned Venezuela, a country with the World Highest Deposit of Crude Oil, living in poverty because America will not allow it to earn money from selling its Oil.
Now that it needed Crude Oil in the World market, to lower Petrol Prices inside its own Country and to raise its won reserve, it swallowed its vomit and went back to Venezuela, asking it to start selling Crude Oil.

All these are facts that anyone can confirm on the Internet.

Black people need to start thing for themselves, instead of swallowing Western Propaganda

Wow !!! We learn everyday,. I just confirmed what you said, almighty world police USA are not signatory to ICC, and ICC don't have jurisdiction over them?? Damn this people are hypocrites from hell

So where was Biden hoping to prosecute Putin for war crimes? US or same Russia
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by donofdons: 8:59pm On Apr 20, 2022
Too man fools here who only read headlines
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:24pm On Apr 20, 2022
loswhite:
The comedian president is known all over the world but you are only known because the internet allows Goat to express themselves.
So why is it paining you like this to the extent of using uncivilized words and risking being banned. All in the name of defending a president who doesn't even know you
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by WoundedLamb: 9:37pm On Apr 20, 2022
The news came from RT and Putin's friends are so willing to accept it as fact. The same people call whatever comes from CNN propaganda. I wonder if they actually recognize propaganda or just decide to call some news propaganda based on whether it appeals to them or not. Only someone who's new to RT wouldn't know it not a news outlet but just an anti-West outfit.

That said, I think most people are confused by the word "detained". They were kept for proceedings, not arrested or kept in captivity. They're gradually allowed passage. The US does not leave its borders open for anyone to walk in, there's a process. The number of prospective refugees, though high, is still not up to the maximum capacity stated by Biden's administration. The country just recently extended temporary protected status for Ukrainians and they intend to take about 100,000 Ukrainians during this crisis.

1 Like

Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by JohnSP99: 9:43pm On Apr 20, 2022
YoruEnglish:
Zelensky wey cele don dey deceived grin , busy asking for help from the west, and awon omo iya re are detained in USA border.
Zelensky cele ntan e.
I knew you will not read the news to the end before you make your foolish, stupid, senseless, brainless and mumu comments, that's why they say you can hide a secret in the middle of a book and Nigerians will never see it, foolish idiot.
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by JohnSP99: 9:47pm On Apr 20, 2022
foryourmindlol:

abeg just leave all those mofos, all hypocrites as you see them like if they see such opportunities to run enter the US like they will not take it
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by JohnSP99: 9:52pm On Apr 20, 2022
seunny4lif:
Don’t USA said all Ukrainians will be welcome like EU and Russia are welcoming those Ukrainians to their countries.
USA said they will welcome 100K Ukrainians yet they have only welcome just less than 100 Ukrainians citizens since the war while over 200K have already moved to Russia.
Hello are you this stupid or it's your brain that's malfunctioning, did you read the news at all before this yeye comment or you just wanted to show how foolish you are
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by JohnSP99: 9:57pm On Apr 20, 2022
lexy2014:
I don't understand. The distance between US and Europe is 6166km of open water (Atlantic ocean). How did 5000 Ukrainians didn't migrate to any of the mainland European nations but decided to pass several countries in Europe, cross Atlantic oceanic, get to south America all in an effort to enter the US?
cos they know a better life awaits them in the US which is the truth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reuters Report On Nigeria And South Africa's Unending Rivalry / US President Biden Warns Russia, Says NATO Ready To Respond / Pentagon Says Frustrated Putin May Use Nukes If War In Ukraine Is Unwinnable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.