Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,121 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:24 AM

US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians (29304 Views)

South Sudan Detains Journalists For Recording President Urinating On Himself / Nigerian Man Reacts As Fleeing Ukrainians Maintain Traffic Laws / Dragging Suitcases, Ukrainians Trek To Safety In Hungary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by JohnSP99: 10:02pm On Apr 20, 2022
Gbajure:

I hope you know there more beggars in US than Russia and even in Nigeria. Ands the number of homeless people is the biggest in d world. America has d best dressed poverty in the universe
And the same US as changed the life of so many migrants giving them the opportunity to become what they could not in their home nation to the point that a migrants was accepted as a president of the same nation. since time immemorial there have always been those who will always make life out of nothing and those who will sit back and do nothing in the midst of wealth and plenty. The US remains the greatest country in the world with a chance for anyone to be whatever they want to be.

1 Like

Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by JohnSP99: 10:07pm On Apr 20, 2022
Thanksful:

You say others no read with sense but you that read with sense is lying. Where did it say all were released into US?

It said many and you are here lying that all.
This is a nation that have procedures for doing things cos your neighbors house is on fire in the process of trying to help will you take in a criminal and murderous neighbor in cos you are helping the whole neighbors, checks will always be carried out, on like your country that allows both dogs and cows and goats in at all borders.
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by JohnSP99: 10:12pm On Apr 20, 2022
chaloskyx:
wait US keeps urging Ukraine to fight with Russia by sending them weapons which has in turn led to the catastrophic destruction of ukraine and surge of a humanitarian crisis. now as a result of US position on the whole war which is for Ukraine not to pursue a diplomatic approach but rather an aggressive military campaign the result is a refugee crisis with many Ukrainians migrating to the US not the same US is not willing to accept them?
where in that write up was it written the US is not willing to help them,I don tire for all this stupid mofos commenting on this forum, is this the best we can produce in this country, hardly do you see intelligent comments made, something else was said, this one is saying rubbish, if you can't read to understand, better to just pass and stop disgracing your generation

1 Like

Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by JohnSP99: 10:13pm On Apr 20, 2022
UncommonLogic:

They will need a Canadian Visa to even be able to get on any flight to Canada.
If they have a Canadian Visa, they won't go to Mexico hoping to enter the US via land border.
you think it's everybody that have sense on this forum

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by Hndrrxxx(m): 10:13pm On Apr 20, 2022
Thanksful:

Lol!

Many of the detained Ukrainians were ultimately released into US territory after being granted a humanitarian parole, the Washington Post reported. On Monday, the US administration extended temporary protected status for Ukrainians for another 18 months.

It's in the fourth paragraph. grin cheesy
sure I seen it

I'm just asking you what's the opposite of "many" so you can get to sth from there
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by JohnSP99: 10:16pm On Apr 20, 2022
texazzpete:

Many of you folks don’t have sense sha

Russia is the one pushing for war here. Ukraine want a diplomatic solution, but the Russian tyrants want to take over the whole country and install a puppet regime in Kyiv.

Nigerian cowards like yourself can’t understand why people are fighting against enslavement.
the set of persons on this forum making comments really baffles me as you can hardly see any intelligent comments made, most of them are brain drained, no sense at all
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by texazzpete(m): 10:47pm On Apr 20, 2022
MrRemedyAlagbo:
people you can't win,he should be diplomatic enough as a leader to handle such situations,his people should be his major concern not his ego...so you're telling me if arned robbers Strom your house with riffles you'll engage them in fisticuffs not minding the lives of your family? Wisdom is profitable...

If you know for sure that the robbers were there to rape your wife and kidnap your kids for life, would you be that docile?

Bear in mind that the disparity in strength between Russia and Ukraine, while significant, is nowhere near as big as this your flawed analogy suggest.

1 Like

Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by vickydevoka(m): 1:20am On Apr 21, 2022
foryourmindlol:
I hope all the buffoons above me actually read the news or they're just commenting without sense.

They were arrested at the border and released into US on humanitarian grounds.

Do you think US border is porous like Nigeria border where bandits from Niger Republic enter and go at any time?

Even if you're qualified for assulum, when you show up at US border without a valid visa, they must detain, interview and profile you before ruling to deport or allow you into the US.

I thought you would have said, why not go to Russia? Or is Russia not Obodo oyibo too? All of una dey eye USA, Canada, UK and other Western countries but you will never admit it.

Suggest for them to go to Russia or Belarus or even come to Nigeria.
My guy just enter Belarus. N him sell en papa land go. Now him de think of how to carry drugs enter Cambodia bcus Agent don chop am
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by Xiaohei(m): 2:08am On Apr 21, 2022
There are too many dumb people on Nairaland! Some would read without comprehending what they’ve read. Others won’t even bother to read but would be amongst the first to comment on a piece they didn’t read in the first place. Just too many harebrained people! America receives a significant number of refugees yearly. That’s something to ponder on!

1 Like

Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by ofiko123(m): 2:56am On Apr 21, 2022
What is special about any country anywhere..
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by 1stGenAmerican(f): 2:59am On Apr 21, 2022
Justiceleague1:

I mean river borders

River borders between the two don’t exist but even if they did, how would Ukrainians go through Russia?
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by 1869ii: 6:23am On Apr 21, 2022
[s]
Mooh247:

Airport
[/s]
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by 1869cu: 6:24am On Apr 21, 2022
[s]
Mooh247:

Murica the noun of Merica
[/s]
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by 1869cu: 6:24am On Apr 21, 2022
[s]
Mooh247:

Why are you qouting empty comments is everything ok
[/s]
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by 1869ii: 6:33am On Apr 21, 2022
[s]
Mooh247:

Wow !!! We learn everyday,. I just confirmed what you said, almighty world police USA are not signatory to ICC, and ICC don't have jurisdiction over them?? Damn this people are hypocrites from hell

So where was Biden hoping to prosecute Putin for war crimes? US or same Russia
[/s]
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by lexy2014: 8:00am On Apr 21, 2022
JohnSP99:

cos they know a better life awaits them in the US which is the truth.

I understand. Is there no better life any where in Europe? How did 5000 Ukrainians pass several countries in Europe, cross Atlantic oceanic (6166km of open water), get to south America all in an effort to enter the US?
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by lexy2014: 8:13am On Apr 21, 2022
BigDawsNet:

US is one of the best country in the world

Ukraine is not really different from the rest of EU
So is just like telling Nigerian to relocate to Ghana or Senegal... nobody will fancy that

So Ukraine is not really different from Czech, Austria, Italy, France, Spain, Germany and the UK?

But HOW did 5000 Ukrainians pass several countries in Europe, cross Atlantic oceanic (6166km of open water), get to south America all in an effort to enter the US?
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 21, 2022
Hndrrxxx:
sure I seen it

I'm just asking you what's the opposite of "many" so you can get to sth from there

You lied when you replaced many with all. That's what I want you to know.
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by Nobody: 8:29am On Apr 21, 2022
JohnSP99:

This is a nation that have procedures for doing things cos your neighbors house is on fire in the process of trying to help will you take in a criminal and murderous neighbor in cos you are helping the whole neighbors, checks will always be carried out, on like your country that allows both dogs and cows and goats in at all borders.

Their procedure is not my problem. My problem is telling lies to prove a point. Anyway it's a Nigerian thing, no form of integrity. Use any means to get what you want. But what do you get in the argument that you have to lie.
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by JohnSP99: 9:06am On Apr 21, 2022
lexy2014:

I understand. Is there no better life any where in Europe? How did 5000 Ukrainians pass several countries in Europe, cross Atlantic oceanic (6166km of open water), get to south America all in an effort to enter the US?
No barrier is able to stand in the way of a determined heart, it will climb mountains and cross seas to get to it's destination. same way our African brothers go across borders to get to Europe
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by Aguogba(m): 9:16am On Apr 21, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

Why not simply go to Canada... Canadians are more refugee and asylum friendly, Murica no send anybody

You see what Zelensky 's arrogance is causing, which white person in their right senses will have the option of being in US and opt for Canada when they don't have to worry about racism? Nigerians always amuse me with this Canada hype sh*t.
California's economy alone equates with that of Canada. Not to talk of Texas, Philadelphia, Illinois,etc.
Overall US economy is 12 times bigger while the population is 9 times bigger. In summary, it is easier to get rich in the USA than in Canada.

Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by Mooh247: 9:18am On Apr 21, 2022
Aguogba:
This context is about refugee crisis and migration, not Economic migration
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by Justiceleague1: 9:26am On Apr 21, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

River borders between the two don’t exist but even if they did, how would Ukrainians go through Russia?
Do you know Alaska is part of the States,and was formerly Russian property but was sold to the States for a billion dollars?
Check your map
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by Aguogba(m): 9:26am On Apr 21, 2022
Mooh247:

The stress is on "white person "
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by Hndrrxxx(m): 10:16am On Apr 21, 2022
Thanksful:

You lied when you replaced many with all. That's what I want you to know.
and I want you to know since "many" of them are allowed there's just only a "few" left which is like almost all of em so think
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by Nobody: 10:36am On Apr 21, 2022
Hndrrxxx:
and I want you to know since "many" of them are allowed there's just only a "few" left which is like almost all of em so think

If you said almost all, we won't be having this conversation.

Here is your exact words.

"They were arrested at the border and all of them have been released into US on humanitarian grounds."
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by 1stGenAmerican(f): 11:11am On Apr 21, 2022
Justiceleague1:

Do you know Alaska is part of the States,and was formerly Russian property but was sold to the States for a billion dollars?
Check your map

Yes. As an American, I’m well aware of that and don’t need to check any map to know that what you said in the quote that I originally replied to is impossible.
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by Yankee101: 12:51pm On Apr 21, 2022
somehow:

We are talking people fleeing war, not like they just packed their bags, then planned the journey for months.

The wealthy Ukrainians are hardly joining refugee camps
Re: US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians by 1869ee: 4:54pm On Apr 21, 2022
[s]
Mooh247:

[/s]
is that why you raped your nephew

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Israeli Tanks And Troops Enter Rafah As Ceasefire Talks Collapse / Reuters Report On Nigeria And South Africa's Unending Rivalry / US President Biden Warns Russia, Says NATO Ready To Respond

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.