Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,132 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? (22571 Views)

Speaking Right In A Wrong World / Help Make A Career Decision - Urgent!!! / What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? by Biggcake: 4:19pm On Apr 20, 2022
KiNg0G:
And people dey find job, one self them nor see...this na person when get job already....still dey find am extra new 2jobs.

What a corrupt country, meanwhile our millions of graduate don't have none!

It's called "Grace of God" followed with good behavior and discipline.

He wasn't shouting "who dey breeeeeaaaaatttthhhh" or echoke, as others of his age would have done.

There are still some admirable lifestyles that can fetch one an unsolicited job offer.

2 Likes

Re: Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? by Montaque(m): 4:21pm On Apr 20, 2022
1. You can always go back to teaching and get a better opportunity if you are good in that area. But you may not get this new opportunity again

2. Take the immigration related job. Most shopping mall dont last for more than 5 years in a town before people abandon it for a newer mall. And you may not have the entreprenueral skill due to your long stint in a "civil service" kind of job (teaching)

3 Likes

Re: Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? by Contekbbc: 4:22pm On Apr 20, 2022
If your passion is in teaching and the new job roles translate to more money to you,why can't you take up the job and gather money and start a private school?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? by KiNg0G: 4:22pm On Apr 20, 2022
Biggcake:

It's called "Grace of God" followed with good behavior and discipline.

He wasn't shouting "who dey breeeeeaaaaatttthhhh" or echoke, as others of his age would have done.

There are still some admirable lifestyles that can fetch one an unsolicited job offer.
fûck God and fûck his grace
Re: Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? by FuckDModz: 4:22pm On Apr 20, 2022
ewa20buredi100:
Hi everyone,
I have been a Chemistry and Mathematics teacher for years now.

Then I met a friend who is a retired Government officer. He took interest in my kind of person and promised to link me up to opportunities that are better than teaching.

He called me yesterday and I went to see him. He presented two job opportunities before me;
1. A shopping mall manager (at Ring road in Benin city)
OR
2. As an assistant manager with a Private firm that supplies passport booklets to Immigration officers. I will be working directly from NIS Headquarter.

He gave me a week to make up my mind and choose an option

Please my questions are;
1. Will it be wise to dump years of teaching for these new opportunities?

2. Are the opportunities viable and worth the transition?
Which of the two options should I go for if I were to choose?
And what benefits does one stand to gain?

Thank you

Take the one that pays better. A job is a job. After getting a high paying job, make sure you invest your money wisely because you will definitely lose it one day.

Never sell your time and talent for cheap, Never!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? by Xedmark: 4:23pm On Apr 20, 2022
Bro, Go back to God and pray about it. He sees what no one can see and knows what no one know and besides it obvious the teaching job is your passion and you love it. If you feel fulfilled after teaching subjects knowing that you're impacting lives, forget about about the poor payment just be creative with your job. Combine home lessons and obtaining examination forms, admission processes with your teaching job it will upgrade your income and with time you will be fine. Except you don't love what you're doing presently.

2 Likes

Re: Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? by organicfoods(m): 4:24pm On Apr 20, 2022
ewa20buredi100:
Hi everyone,

Then I met a friend who is a retired Government officer. He took interest in my kind of person and promised to link me up to opportunities that are better than teaching.

He called me yesterday and I went to see him. He presented two job opportunities before me;
OR
2. As an assistant manager with a Private firm that supplies passport booklets to Immigration officers. I will be working directly from NIS Headquarter.

Please my questions are;

Thank you
Go for the second option ASAP...working with NIS will definitely give you leverage and open up opportunities...even if the pay is low, I know of a friend that works in a bank attached to passport office at Ikeja. Today, he lives in the UK with his family. The opportunity came through interaction he had with members of the public and immigration.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? by Biggcake: 4:26pm On Apr 20, 2022
KiNg0G:
fûck God and fûck his grace

Whatever rocks your boat bruh....

1 Like

Re: Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? by galileo180(m): 4:27pm On Apr 20, 2022
Bro teaching job is cool, the atmosphere, the love and the fulfilment you derive from impacting lives.

But believe me, outside the school environment, nobody really cares about you and your welfare. I will advise you take up one of the options that your instinct goes for and make a meaning outta your life.

Please, don't forget to pass the other offer to me��.

1 Like

Re: Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? by lastchild: 4:29pm On Apr 20, 2022
The truth is, teaching job is not difficult to find, you can find another if the new opportunity flops. So go with your friend
Re: Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 20, 2022
Mr man,
How do you expect a reasonable advice here when you didn't give these mportant informations.

How much is your current salary,
How much is the salary of the two organizations?

Are you teaching with the government or Private?

For how long have you been teaching?

How old are you?

Only when we know this can u get something reasonable here

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? by MtDave55: 4:30pm On Apr 20, 2022
In my opinion go for the private firm that supplies passport, who knows you might get to meet a better opportunity there.

To me ooh, teaching with most of these private school is like modern day slavery, they will give plenty work load and peanut to go home with but if you don't care about the pay and you derive joy I teaching why Quit?

Anyway the future is here build it

1 Like

Re: Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? by na2016: 4:34pm On Apr 20, 2022
ewa20buredi100:
Hi everyone,
OR
2. As an assistant manager with a Private firm that supplies passport booklets to Immigration officers. I will be working directly from NIS And what benefits does one stand to gain?
Thank you

OP: You are not being helpful to the guy that wants to help you. Why give almost an exact description here? I hope the person doesn't even see this your post. Well to help you, I will suggest you take the second job.
Re: Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? by faoogoke(m): 4:35pm On Apr 20, 2022
Take the job which has the highest pay

and still gives you opportunity to teach

part time or people's home. Save enough

to buy land and build your own school.

Your plan b because what you have

always done and you might as well quit.
Re: Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? by Johnsown1(m): 4:38pm On Apr 20, 2022
Op I think that matrix99 is making sense here and is it public or private teaching job.

But if am choosing I would choose NIS because it looks more attractive
Re: Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? by pholu88(f): 4:38pm On Apr 20, 2022
Go for the one with higher pay and reliable 2nd option we do and pray about the 2 for God direction. Teaching job at your own convinience time
Re: Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? by Chinny024(f): 4:39pm On Apr 20, 2022
Laise with someone may be a Youth corper or a Teacher to hold your position in the school while you go on a 3months leave. Of course,involve the school owner or principal. Check on the Immigration job,work for sometime, be it contract or permanent within that 3-5months..If it have a soft landing and job security, send them goodwill message and resign. If not, go back and reclaim ur stand with the school.

2 Likes

Re: Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 4:42pm On Apr 20, 2022
ewa20buredi100:
Hi everyone,

OR

Please my questions are;

Thank you
the number two option might not be high paying but you'll definitely meet the calibre of people that can take you up the ladder in life especially when you decide to branch out on your own. They're both better than teaching

1 Like

Re: Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 20, 2022
first things u for ask the manager how much there pay for the job so dat u can choose yours
Re: Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? by alloy123: 4:46pm On Apr 20, 2022
If the teaching work is not in govt sch...i will advise you for the immigration related job after you might ve taken into consideration the following factors via salary,job fulfilment,distance to house etc.Wishing you all the best.

1 Like

Re: Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? by Bbbw: 4:47pm On Apr 20, 2022
Yes
Re: Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? by PericomaNwankwo: 4:49pm On Apr 20, 2022
Take any of the jobs, you can always be a teacher, but opportunities like this come and go.
Re: Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? by tmoneyu: 4:52pm On Apr 20, 2022
ewa20buredi100:
Hi everyone,

OR

Please my questions are;

Thank you
assistant private manager is more lucrative because u might use that link and land NIS job and you can venture into printing business as a side hustle, shopping mall manager is prone to ruin you because the owner can wake up one day and ask u to leave and u won't have time of your self, u will even be more subjected to suspicion every time. You will be working to impress the owner

1 Like

Re: Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? by mastermaestro(m): 4:53pm On Apr 20, 2022
Pnorh:
See me smiling sheepishly , at the sight of Immigration job,.. well, Opportunity comes but once bro, you can be working there,... make good money and build a private school if you really value education.

Most comprehensive answer. You have the Op’s mind on your palm. grin He loves teaching. As a result, he feels a bit sad that he is about to lose a fulfilling routine of daily interface with a bunch of exciting kids. grin

1 Like

Re: Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? by ohyeman(m): 5:01pm On Apr 20, 2022
It's better you leave that teacher grin or whatever you said you are and bounce on that second choice, u self fit commot for this bloody nation through that second option. A second choice is enough for the wise. Just suggesting though.

1 Like

Re: Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? by henrimoto(m): 5:07pm On Apr 20, 2022
kwaso2:
Firstly, Thank God for the helper. If the teaching is not a government owned school, go for the immigration related offer, you will have all the right prospects and exposures
Re: Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? by chyzoo4u(m): 5:22pm On Apr 20, 2022
Ask yourself, if you're currently unemployed, which joh between teaching and that immigration booklet printing will you get easily?

Of course, teaching job will be very easy to get especially with your experience. Also, house lessons are there too.

That been said, pick the immigration booklet printing job with speed, there's so much money to be made there.

In future, you can go back to teaching if you want. But that booklet printing, it's more like once in a lifetime opportunity.

1 Like

Re: Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? by jaxxy(m): 5:30pm On Apr 20, 2022
ewa20buredi100:
Hi everyone,

OR

Please my questions are;

Thank you

what's is special about chemistry and maths teachers that u are finding it do hard to leave for better opportunities? Are u a professor or even a senior lecturer? So why are over attached to it?

Those ur current job lead to a professorship career path? If not stopping holding so much setiments to it.

Ask about the salary, location and incentives of each job offers and decide which is better.

1 Like

Re: Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? by Slynation(m): 5:43pm On Apr 20, 2022
They are trying to help someone but he's not even ready to receive the help...

Continue with your teaching job naw...
Re: Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? by Slynation(m): 5:45pm On Apr 20, 2022
jaxxy:

what's is special about chemistry and maths teachers that u are finding it do hard to leave for better opportunities? Are u a professor or even a senior lecturer? So why are over attached to it?

Those ur current job lead to a professorship career path? If not stopping holding so much setiments to it.

Ask about the salary, location and incentives of each job offers and decide which is better.
WAEC and NECO registration fees and logistics fees I guess... Otherwise, I see no such reason why someone would want to think twice to any of this offer

1 Like

Re: Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? by BarrElChapo(m): 5:52pm On Apr 20, 2022
The second option seems better to me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Accounting, Economics, Bus Adm. Which Is More Relevant In Contemporary Nigeria? / What Skill Can I Learn With N20,000 / My Job Is Ruining My Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.