Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Sen Kabiru Gaya Appointed DG Of Osinbajo Campaign Organisation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sen Kabiru Gaya Appointed DG Of Osinbajo Campaign Organisation (1703 Views)

Richard Akinnola, Osinbajo’s Campaign Spokesperson, Congratulates Tinubu / Osinbajo Campaign: RCCG Youth Pastor Calls For Sack Of RCCG Head Politics Dir / I Have Total Confidence Osinbajo Will Succeed Buhari - Senator Kabiru Gaya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sen Kabiru Gaya Appointed DG Of Osinbajo Campaign Organisation by TheRareGem1(f): 2:16pm On Apr 21, 2022
REMARKS BY CHAIRMAN OF THE PROGRESSIVE PROJECT (TPP), HIS EXCELLENCY, SENATOR KABIRU GAYA DURING HIS RESUMPTION AT TPP ON WEDNESDAY, APRIL 20, 2022.

On behalf of all the members of various support groups, eminent political leaders and citizens too numerous to mention but whose consultations culminated into my presence here today, I welcome you all.
As you all know, The Progressive Project (TPP) is a mass based, citizen-driven project calling for the candidature of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo as APC's presidential candidate in the forthcoming elections. We are succeeding and my specific assignment here is to lead a process of recalibration all pro-Osinbajo populist forces towards electoral victory under the banner of APC. Our duty is the coordination of all support groups: this is not the Campaign Council.
For Professor Yemi Osinbajo, this race is not about personal ambition but about a positive response to populist call from a citizen-driven mobilization that began without input from him or his office. Note that people from other parties and even millions of non-partisan citizens who do not belong to any political party have strong interest and involvement with this campaign for Osinbajo’s candidature.
Without an iota of doubt, I am certain that all the knowledgeable people here can attest to the qualities and competence of Professor Yemi Osinbajo. You will also agree with me that his chosen method redefines presidential declarations in Nigeria; he has clearly signaled that noble citizens have no need to descend into gutters -  no touts were hired by anyone and his message effectively reverberated across the entire country and the Diaspora.
Globally, climate change, insecurity, drug trafficking, economic problems such as unemployment and inflation along with many other challenges have worsened and all these impact Nigeria and many other countries. However, by electing someone of Professor Yemi Osinbajo’s pedigree who has direct insight into the depth of our challenges as well as current strategies and tactics being laid out to tackle them, we have a great chance to move ahead without much waste of time.
Nonetheless, a lot is being said by many; as genuine democrats and as Progressives, we shall continue to defend the constitutional rights of citizens to hold their own opinions but we must all be weary of those whose sole preoccupation is the propagation of such hate and suspicions that seek to hold our country down.
Even an internal issue of the price of our party’s nomination form is being deliberately misinterpreted in some circles when we feel confident that unlike moneybags, our truly populist candidate is popular enough to pool supporters’ token donations and raise such money with ease. Just one youth group with TPP, the Progressive Group alone say that they can raise N100m with rough voluntary contributions of N10, 000 each by 10, 000 of their supporters who are keen about seeing a better future. Our populist Mathematics is flawless and very strong; moneybags within or outside APC will only lose their dollars in any contest against the people’s will.
Unlike the history of some other political parties, records show that neither APC presidential ticket nor its VP slot had ever been won by throwing money around but by populist endorsement from North and South.
We note that the fear of the people’s genuine power has made some elements to resort to heightened propaganda in the past few days; some sponsored articles of calumny are appearing here and there and through our long-term friends in the mass media, we are monitoring the sponsored pawns and their sponsors. We will not descend low to play gutter politics and we have continued to warn our supporters against involvement in insults and vilification. We are democrats, we believe in uniting people and in submitting ourselves and competing ideas to the people’s evaluation and decisions through the ballot box.
For us at TPP, the unity of Nigeria as well as the unity of all Progressives remain paramount.
We are not unaware that a band of very few pessimists who try to deceive themselves and their sponsors about their lower chances are equally disseminating false narratives in a futile effort to demarket Yemi Osinbajo. Some have said that some opposition elements probably have a hand in it, out of fear APC’s much-improved prospects of victory with Osinbajo as presidential candidate.
Let it be emphasized once again that all the populist forces behind Professor Yemi Osinbajo fear no foe and hate no one; we are focused without compromise on the unity, progress and development of Nigeria and we shall not descend into gutter fights with any person or group.
Indeed, we are proud of the fact that APC has the richest array of competent, people-focused aspirants to choose from. We, here at TPP also feel confident that our candidate’s widely acknowledged qualities stand him out. Indeed, as Vice president who has competently held forth for his principal – doing so to the admiration of all sections of this great country- Vice president Yemi Osinbajo has a right of first refusal at this crucial point in Nigeria’s history.
Like hundreds of our support groups and like millions of Nigerians who called upon him to come out and contest, I have totally confidence that by the power of the Almighty and the electoral power of millions of Nigerian citizens across the six geo-political zone, Yemi Osinbajo will succeed President Muhammadu Buhari on May 20, 2023.
Regarding the debate over whether our party should consider direct, indirect or consensus options for the presidential primaries, we believe that nothing is cast in stone and a few things  can be changed at any time. What is most important is what the law says and the law of the country, as given by the Electoral Act states that there shall be direct, indirect primaries or consensus.
Believe me, whichever of the three options is eventually chosen by APC’s experienced and forthright leadership, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo will win! Much more than some people realize, a huge majority of party members and the electorate are with Osinbajo.
At this juncture, I wish to thank the millions of great patriots, including members of APC, members of opposition parties and all those non-partisan Nigerians who steadfastly believe in the candidature of Professor Yemi Osinbajo as the best option for moving Nigeria forward. More than any other presidential aspirant in Nigeria today, Osinbajo is far ahead of any other when it comes to possibilities of winning votes across party lines.
My message to all of us today is that we have to further involve other stakeholders in all that we are doing; greater than the tread of mighty armies is an idea whose time has come and together. Like the symbolic bunch of broomsticks that cannot be broken, we can all contribute towards achieving great progress for our party and our dear nation.
In anticipation of a just and well-deserved victory, we thank our party’s close to eight thousand delegates for their objective sensitivity to the pulse of the electorate.
Most worthy of appreciation are the self-effacing but great efforts of all those governors, Senators, Honourable members of the House of Representatives as well as all other serving and former elected officials who have keenly supported this project. Our recalibration for an impactful political transformation entails pooling all our contacts, experience and other resources so that all other groups can contribute towards actualizing a formidable political front.
I notice that thus far, our women and youth groups are doing well but we need to sustain the tempo and even do more; I applaud the enthusiastic efforts that you have all continued to put forward on social media, in traditional mass media and elsewhere.
The Progressive Project (TPP)  thanks the Nigerian mass media for keeping alive the sense of patriotic mission which had existed through since the days of the struggle for Nigeria’s independence. While a few elements may have made themselves available for those manipulators with deep pockets who desperately seek to manipulate citizens’ perceptions, a broad majority of the Nigerian mass media gave steadfastly continued to carry out the duty of informing, enlightening and entertaining us in a very objective manner. I was being asked to single out a few outstanding allies like Human Rights Radio but I shall not be tempted to do so at this point in time
There are just too many people to thank for the efforts made thus far and the preparations to go even much farther within the next few weeks; we shall endeavor to carry on everyone who genuinely believes in being a significant part of this project. Our collective mission is bound to continue stronger and we are having increasing chances of winning the forthcoming presidential primaries as well as the general elections.
Great Nigerian people, we are on the cusp of history; together, we shall reaffirm our commitment to populist and progressive ideals by electing Professor Yemi Osinbajo to lead.

I thank you all for listening.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcnM_8gI0af/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sen Kabiru Gaya Appointed DG Of Osinbajo Campaign Organisation by Joylove2324(f): 2:20pm On Apr 21, 2022
Osinbajo all the way

2 Likes

Re: Sen Kabiru Gaya Appointed DG Of Osinbajo Campaign Organisation by yanabasee(m): 2:23pm On Apr 21, 2022
Even tho I prefer a digital president... I believe Osinbajo did t learn his strategies very well...

I hope he succeed.... So that the noise will reduce ... And if he succeeds, I also hope that Tinubu will allow his agbero urchins of extended family to make his government a peaceful one... In the southwest.... Before they will spring up a terrorists group that will be more severe than Boko Haram....

1 Like

Re: Sen Kabiru Gaya Appointed DG Of Osinbajo Campaign Organisation by Kindness22(f): 2:29pm On Apr 21, 2022
I would have supported Osinbajo but he said he will continue on the legacy of Buhari and we all know the legacy of Buhari. A legacy that has today turned me into a beggar. I don't want that no more pppplllllleeeeeeaaaasssssseeeee

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sen Kabiru Gaya Appointed DG Of Osinbajo Campaign Organisation by Jollylolly(f): 2:32pm On Apr 21, 2022
This is great
Re: Sen Kabiru Gaya Appointed DG Of Osinbajo Campaign Organisation by Aiel123: 2:36pm On Apr 21, 2022
Where are those 'the north is locked down for Tinubu' crews
Is Kano not north again

1 Like

Re: Sen Kabiru Gaya Appointed DG Of Osinbajo Campaign Organisation by LegendHero(m): 2:37pm On Apr 21, 2022
Nice one our very own star boy.

I am sure Senator Kabiru will be able to push your solicitation of delegates to the next level. You have to work hard to secure delegate votes in the primaries and I wish you best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Sen Kabiru Gaya Appointed DG Of Osinbajo Campaign Organisation by Omooba77: 2:39pm On Apr 21, 2022
TheRareGem1:
REMARKS BY CHAIRMAN OF THE PROGRESSIVE PROJECT (TPP), HIS EXCELLENCY, SENATOR KABIRU GAYA DURING HIS RESUMPTION AT TPP ON WEDNESDAY, APRIL 20, 2022.

On behalf of all the members of various support groups, eminent political leaders and citizens too numerous to mention but whose consultations culminated into my presence here today, I welcome you all.
As you all know, The Progressive Project (TPP) is a mass based, citizen-driven project calling for the candidature of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo as APC's presidential candidate in the forthcoming elections. We are succeeding and my specific assignment here is to lead a process of recalibration all pro-Osinbajo populist forces towards electoral victory under the banner of APC. Our duty is the coordination of all support groups: this is not the Campaign Council.
For Professor Yemi Osinbajo, this race is not about personal ambition but about a positive response to populist call from a citizen-driven mobilization that began without input from him or his office. Note that people from other parties and even millions of non-partisan citizens who do not belong to any political party have strong interest and involvement with this campaign for Osinbajo’s candidature.
Without an iota of doubt, I am certain that all the knowledgeable people here can attest to the qualities and competence of Professor Yemi Osinbajo. You will also agree with me that his chosen method redefines presidential declarations in Nigeria; he has clearly signaled that noble citizens have no need to descend into gutters -  no touts were hired by anyone and his message effectively reverberated across the entire country and the Diaspora.
Globally, climate change, insecurity, drug trafficking, economic problems such as unemployment and inflation along with many other challenges have worsened and all these impact Nigeria and many other countries. However, by electing someone of Professor Yemi Osinbajo’s pedigree who has direct insight into the depth of our challenges as well as current strategies and tactics being laid out to tackle them, we have a great chance to move ahead without much waste of time.
Nonetheless, a lot is being said by many; as genuine democrats and as Progressives, we shall continue to defend the constitutional rights of citizens to hold their own opinions but we must all be weary of those whose sole preoccupation is the propagation of such hate and suspicions that seek to hold our country down.
Even an internal issue of the price of our party’s nomination form is being deliberately misinterpreted in some circles when we feel confident that unlike moneybags, our truly populist candidate is popular enough to pool supporters’ token donations and raise such money with ease. Just one youth group with TPP, the Progressive Group alone say that they can raise N100m with rough voluntary contributions of N10, 000 each by 10, 000 of their supporters who are keen about seeing a better future. Our populist Mathematics is flawless and very strong; moneybags within or outside APC will only lose their dollars in any contest against the people’s will.
Unlike the history of some other political parties, records show that neither APC presidential ticket nor its VP slot had ever been won by throwing money around but by populist endorsement from North and South.
We note that the fear of the people’s genuine power has made some elements to resort to heightened propaganda in the past few days; some sponsored articles of calumny are appearing here and there and through our long-term friends in the mass media, we are monitoring the sponsored pawns and their sponsors. We will not descend low to play gutter politics and we have continued to warn our supporters against involvement in insults and vilification. We are democrats, we believe in uniting people and in submitting ourselves and competing ideas to the people’s evaluation and decisions through the ballot box.
For us at TPP, the unity of Nigeria as well as the unity of all Progressives remain paramount.
We are not unaware that a band of very few pessimists who try to deceive themselves and their sponsors about their lower chances are equally disseminating false narratives in a futile effort to demarket Yemi Osinbajo. Some have said that some opposition elements probably have a hand in it, out of fear APC’s much-improved prospects of victory with Osinbajo as presidential candidate.
Let it be emphasized once again that all the populist forces behind Professor Yemi Osinbajo fear no foe and hate no one; we are focused without compromise on the unity, progress and development of Nigeria and we shall not descend into gutter fights with any person or group.
Indeed, we are proud of the fact that APC has the richest array of competent, people-focused aspirants to choose from. We, here at TPP also feel confident that our candidate’s widely acknowledged qualities stand him out. Indeed, as Vice president who has competently held forth for his principal – doing so to the admiration of all sections of this great country- Vice president Yemi Osinbajo has a right of first refusal at this crucial point in Nigeria’s history.
Like hundreds of our support groups and like millions of Nigerians who called upon him to come out and contest, I have totally confidence that by the power of the Almighty and the electoral power of millions of Nigerian citizens across the six geo-political zone, Yemi Osinbajo will succeed President Muhammadu Buhari on May 20, 2023.
Regarding the debate over whether our party should consider direct, indirect or consensus options for the presidential primaries, we believe that nothing is cast in stone and a few things  can be changed at any time. What is most important is what the law says and the law of the country, as given by the Electoral Act states that there shall be direct, indirect primaries or consensus.
Believe me, whichever of the three options is eventually chosen by APC’s experienced and forthright leadership, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo will win! Much more than some people realize, a huge majority of party members and the electorate are with Osinbajo.
At this juncture, I wish to thank the millions of great patriots, including members of APC, members of opposition parties and all those non-partisan Nigerians who steadfastly believe in the candidature of Professor Yemi Osinbajo as the best option for moving Nigeria forward. More than any other presidential aspirant in Nigeria today, Osinbajo is far ahead of any other when it comes to possibilities of winning votes across party lines.
My message to all of us today is that we have to further involve other stakeholders in all that we are doing; greater than the tread of mighty armies is an idea whose time has come and together. Like the symbolic bunch of broomsticks that cannot be broken, we can all contribute towards achieving great progress for our party and our dear nation.
In anticipation of a just and well-deserved victory, we thank our party’s close to eight thousand delegates for their objective sensitivity to the pulse of the electorate.
Most worthy of appreciation are the self-effacing but great efforts of all those governors, Senators, Honourable members of the House of Representatives as well as all other serving and former elected officials who have keenly supported this project. Our recalibration for an impactful political transformation entails pooling all our contacts, experience and other resources so that all other groups can contribute towards actualizing a formidable political front.
I notice that thus far, our women and youth groups are doing well but we need to sustain the tempo and even do more; I applaud the enthusiastic efforts that you have all continued to put forward on social media, in traditional mass media and elsewhere.
The Progressive Project (TPP)  thanks the Nigerian mass media for keeping alive the sense of patriotic mission which had existed through since the days of the struggle for Nigeria’s independence. While a few elements may have made themselves available for those manipulators with deep pockets who desperately seek to manipulate citizens’ perceptions, a broad majority of the Nigerian mass media gave steadfastly continued to carry out the duty of informing, enlightening and entertaining us in a very objective manner. I was being asked to single out a few outstanding allies like Human Rights Radio but I shall not be tempted to do so at this point in time
There are just too many people to thank for the efforts made thus far and the preparations to go even much farther within the next few weeks; we shall endeavor to carry on everyone who genuinely believes in being a significant part of this project. Our collective mission is bound to continue stronger and we are having increasing chances of winning the forthcoming presidential primaries as well as the general elections.
Great Nigerian people, we are on the cusp of history; together, we shall reaffirm our commitment to populist and progressive ideals by electing Professor Yemi Osinbajo to lead.

PYO we have many things to contend with......
I will come back after primaries....
Re: Sen Kabiru Gaya Appointed DG Of Osinbajo Campaign Organisation by Opolopoopolonio: 2:40pm On Apr 21, 2022
Wow
Re: Sen Kabiru Gaya Appointed DG Of Osinbajo Campaign Organisation by tope777(m): 2:48pm On Apr 21, 2022
We move.
Re: Sen Kabiru Gaya Appointed DG Of Osinbajo Campaign Organisation by Maxymilliano(m): 2:51pm On Apr 21, 2022
We no go gree undecided

Re: Sen Kabiru Gaya Appointed DG Of Osinbajo Campaign Organisation by MikoB: 2:54pm On Apr 21, 2022
We osinbajos' have two Senators out of three in kano and many house of reps members, thinking we are joking!
Re: Sen Kabiru Gaya Appointed DG Of Osinbajo Campaign Organisation by Nobody: 3:01pm On Apr 21, 2022
TheRareGem1:

Enough of this bullshit about money never determining APC primaries! How did Tinubu counter Atiku's dollars in 2014? People like Buhari and Osinbajo did not spend a Kobo but those who invested their funds know it is always about money.

Those delegates have forms to buy and campaigns to run so, they need money. Grammer won't fund campaigns. Yeye!
Re: Sen Kabiru Gaya Appointed DG Of Osinbajo Campaign Organisation by CriticMaestro: 3:05pm On Apr 21, 2022
Osibanjo, Atiku, Obi
WAZOBIA united
Re: Sen Kabiru Gaya Appointed DG Of Osinbajo Campaign Organisation by walefresh3(m): 3:10pm On Apr 21, 2022
yanabasee:
Even tho I prefer a digital president... I believe Osinbajo did t learn his strategies very well...

I hope he succeed.... So that the noise will reduce ... And if he succeeds, I also hope that Tinubu will allow his agbero urchins of extended family to make his government a peaceful one... In the southwest.... Before they will spring up a terrorists group that will be more severe than Boko Haram....
You mumu . I swear
Re: Sen Kabiru Gaya Appointed DG Of Osinbajo Campaign Organisation by Iwalk: 3:33pm On Apr 21, 2022
Kindness22:
I would have supported Osinbajo but he said he will continue on the legacy of Buhari and we all know the legacy of Buhari. A legacy that has today turned me into a beggar. I don't want that no more pppplllllleeeeeeaaaasssssseeeee
That's a political speech,follow your heart

1 Like

Re: Sen Kabiru Gaya Appointed DG Of Osinbajo Campaign Organisation by Help2020: 3:44pm On Apr 21, 2022
Kindness22:
He was just trying to please his Master nan,pls.let's support him,pls.

2 Likes

Re: Sen Kabiru Gaya Appointed DG Of Osinbajo Campaign Organisation by Whazar(m): 3:45pm On Apr 21, 2022
Gaya my man that year for school
Re: Sen Kabiru Gaya Appointed DG Of Osinbajo Campaign Organisation by Oladelepsy001(m): 4:12pm On Apr 21, 2022
Should I be expecting miracle from same politicians that destroyed the system come 2023?
Especially, from the one that helped our dear nation to nurse her economy to this dilapidated form. He has been the head of the economic management team (EMT); chairman of the National economic council (NEC) and the chairman of the board of the Debt management Office (DMO) for 7 years till date..
ABEG I PREFER ANOTHER PERSON, even if it is Obi Pandora.
Re: Sen Kabiru Gaya Appointed DG Of Osinbajo Campaign Organisation by osinbanjoisaliar: 4:15pm On Apr 21, 2022
That one na long epistle O! I no fit read am at all. Well, if you wan know wetin e mean. Just read the name of my moniker.
Re: Sen Kabiru Gaya Appointed DG Of Osinbajo Campaign Organisation by Shooyie: 4:50pm On Apr 21, 2022
Awesome.
Re: Sen Kabiru Gaya Appointed DG Of Osinbajo Campaign Organisation by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 21, 2022
Kindness22:
That is political talk na.. haha, are you a learner?
So you want him to publicly denounce his Head? No sir.

Remember the bold actions/decisions he took when acting president.. that will give you insight of who he truly is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sen Kabiru Gaya Appointed DG Of Osinbajo Campaign Organisation by yanabasee(m): 5:49pm On Apr 21, 2022
walefresh3:

You mumu . I swear

Lol.... So you be agbero na why the thing the pain you like one frustrated goat....

I hope you survive this your stupidity in the nearest future.... Banza.
Re: Sen Kabiru Gaya Appointed DG Of Osinbajo Campaign Organisation by okefranci: 9:05pm On Apr 21, 2022
We move
Re: Sen Kabiru Gaya Appointed DG Of Osinbajo Campaign Organisation by Gozac: 9:25pm On Apr 21, 2022
LegendHero:
Nice one our very own star boy.

I am sure Senator Kabiru will be able to push your solicitation of delegates to the next level. You have to work hard to secure delegate votes in the primaries and I wish you best of luck.

Your calm now, that's political maturity. If it goes an Osibanjo it's still a win win for SW

1 Like

Re: Sen Kabiru Gaya Appointed DG Of Osinbajo Campaign Organisation by Gozac: 9:28pm On Apr 21, 2022
Help2020:

He was just trying to please his Master nan,pls.let's support him,pls.
Amaechi remains the most experienced and qualified to lead Nigeria in times like this
Our prayers is that God make him the flag bearer and the president eventually
Re: Sen Kabiru Gaya Appointed DG Of Osinbajo Campaign Organisation by Rugaria: 9:34pm On Apr 21, 2022
Served at senator Gayas home local government in Kano state., Gaya local government. .. Very nice people. Good experience..
But as at that time, his home which was close the primary school, was the only non-mud standard one storey building in the whole local government! Others were mud houses! He didn't even finish the house as he lived most time at Kano GRA.The only modern houses there were maybe the Post office, the corpers lodge, the hospital and the local government secratariate. Even the rich alhaji that owned the the corpers lodge was living in mud house. And upstair, mud-house!
Senator Gaya, if Osibanjo wins, will be part of those that will help "modernize" Nigeria..., something he couldn't do in his hometown..

(1) (Reply)

The Nigerian Press Owes IPOB An Apology For False Reportage / U.S. Court Orders FBI To Seize $1 Million Chimaroke Nnamani Stole / Video: Nassarawa is a great country. Its about 27.1 km square. - Peter Obi.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.