Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,812 members, 7,813,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi (52826 Views)

Final Burial Ceremony Of Late Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi / Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video / Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by jaybenugo: 10:21am On Apr 23, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kWCH3XkTU8

The Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi III was the longest-reigning ruler of the kingdom since his great-grandfather, Oba Atiba Atobatele founded New Oyo in the 1830s, IGBERETV reports.

Adeyemi III was also a boxer before ascending the throne of his fathers after the Nigerian Civil War.

Oba Lamidi (a direct descendant of Oranyan who founded the Old Oyo Empire) succeeded Oba Gbadegesin Ladigbolu I, and was crowned on November 18, 1970. He ruled for 51 years and 5 months and became the longest reign since Alaafin Oluaso in the 1400s.

Adeyemi III died on Friday, April 22, 2022, at the Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital, Ado Ekiti, the capital of Ekiti State in South-West Nigeria. He was 83 years old.

https://igberetvnews.com/1418632/metamorphosis-alaafin-oyo-lamidi-adeyemi-throwback-photos/

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by jaybenugo: 10:22am On Apr 23, 2022

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by jaybenugo: 10:23am On Apr 23, 2022

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by jaybenugo: 10:23am On Apr 23, 2022

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by emorse(m): 10:25am On Apr 23, 2022
57 years on the throne no be beans o.
Same man that was pictured working out and throwing punches not so long ago.
May his soul find eternal rest.

120 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by fjjc(m): 10:47am On Apr 23, 2022
May soul rest in peace

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by SadiqBabaSani: 10:47am On Apr 23, 2022
may his soul rip

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by thundafire: 10:49am On Apr 23, 2022
The real definition of his royal manhood live long. All our royal 1st class kings are mere ceremonial in this new age even Queen Elizabeth no longer have powers as before. May his soul rest in peace

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Anthonyoz(m): 10:50am On Apr 23, 2022
So why did he bleach ,

Erudite skullers are also legendary bleachers

Anyway my condolences to the skulls that will be selected to bury the deceased.

60 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Tokskob2008: 10:51am On Apr 23, 2022
This baba really enjoyed life.
Being an oba for 57years no be beans at all...

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by VladimirPutiin(m): 11:02am On Apr 23, 2022
emorse:
57 years on the throne no be beans o.
Same man that was pictured working out and throwing punches not so long ago.
May his soul find eternal rest.

It’s 51 years

21 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by VladimirPutiin(m): 11:03am On Apr 23, 2022
He was really cute as a young man. He has finally joined the deities. I think he was among the Yoruba Obas That endorsed Tinubu for 2023 Presidency. Which I thought wasn’t really Ok for a king to endorse such a person.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Yaccybaby: 11:11am On Apr 23, 2022
Tokskob2008:
This baba really enjoyed life.

Being an oba for 57years no be beans at all...
U can say that again

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Dorwadora(f): 11:12am On Apr 23, 2022
Our cultures are drastically diminishing....

From our taste of food down to the clothing style. Seeing men and women in their Aso ofi in the late king picture makes me wanna own a Aso ofi.

The Iro and buba looks good on the women. Now our iro and buba has been replaced by bumshort, Armani, Gucci and co....

I wept

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by MonkeyMods(m): 11:17am On Apr 23, 2022
Which of his wives will continue his bleaching cream?

4 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Idiko1: 11:18am On Apr 23, 2022
Anthonyoz:
So why did he bleach ,

You could not be more correct!!!! Miners are bleachers indeed.

9 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by IamWonderful: 11:22am On Apr 23, 2022
Anthonyoz:
So why did he bleach ,

Let us see the pictures of your father, mother and grandparents, we are watching out for some people that are related to Clifford Orji

59 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Dawn91(m): 11:32am On Apr 23, 2022
[s]
Dorwadora:
Our cultures are drastically diminishing....

From our taste of food down to the clothing style. Seeing men and women in their Aso ofi in the late king picture makes me wanna own a Aso ofi.

The Iro and buba looks good on the women. Now our iro and buba has been replaced by bumshort, Armani, Gucci and co....

I wept
[/s]

If you have nothing useful to say be silent sometimes

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Karlovich: 11:32am On Apr 23, 2022
embarassed Drugnibu's bad luck has struck again in Yorubaland! Spits.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by seunmsg(m): 11:34am On Apr 23, 2022
Lamidi Adeyemi
Iku baba yeye
Alase igbakeji orisa
Majokun majokolo
Nkan tan ba nje lajule Orun ni ko bawon je
Orun re o!
RIP.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Sergio103(m): 11:40am On Apr 23, 2022
Metamorphosis cheesy

From egg..... larvae.......pupa....... adult.

Then he flies with his gaddamn wing.

Please in which stage the king dey now?? undecided
Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Sergio103(m): 11:41am On Apr 23, 2022
Anthonyoz:
So why did he bleach ,

Heaven is not for you bro

5 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Tomek09(m): 11:41am On Apr 23, 2022
This yoruba culture of scratching people's face in the name of tribal mark should be abolished. Too bad

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Sergio103(m): 11:43am On Apr 23, 2022
Tomek09:
This yoruba culture of scratching people's face in the name of tribal mark should be abolished. Too bad

You say abolishing??

You never hear that if you don't have tiger scratched face that thier promiscuous females won't find you sexy?? undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Tomek09(m): 11:52am On Apr 23, 2022
Sergio103:

You say abolishing??

You never hear that if you don't have tiger scratched face that thier promiscuous females won't find you sexy?? undecided
Seriously??
But new generation born Yorubas have little or no tribal marks. I mean it should be abolished and outlawed completely. It has no significance and meaning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Sergio103(m): 11:55am On Apr 23, 2022
seunmsg:
Lamidi Adeyemi
Iku baba yeye
Alase igbakeji orisa
Majokun majokolo
Nkan tan ba nje lajule Orun ni ko bawon je
Orun re o!
RIP.

Please translate this or i will report you.

Remember rule 21

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Sergio103(m): 11:56am On Apr 23, 2022
Tomek09:

Seriously??
But new generation born Yorubas have little or no tribal marks. I mean it should be abolished and outlawed completely. It has no significance and meaning.

Na them Sabi Sha.

But I don't want them to abolish it personally.

So I can have something to laugh at undecided undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by omowolewa: 11:57am On Apr 23, 2022
Good job
Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Jakumo(m): 12:03pm On Apr 23, 2022
Chai ! Lamidi sabi nak toto no be small ting. Na only disi hol-baba been dey shine all dis Congo when I dey see so? Na him be say pawa dey o.

See how hin wife dem line up like Manchester United First-11 sex team.

King dem dey enjoy for Oyo State lie no good. I know say pesin when no like toto nogo fiti do king for Oyo State, and Papa God know say na so.

Abeg, pellow kwantiri-man, make una show me road how as I go take enter king business for Oyo State, even if na SMALL king when only get like 7 wife to dey shook turn-by-turn. I sure say if to say Lamidi never clock 95 years, na TWENTY Congo he for dey shine ebiri day. As me I still dey young witi strong blokkos, to take style shine only 7 Congo per day don do me. I rebuke greediness. It is not my portion.

Make una show me road. I go send 50 naira MTN credit and 100 naira GLO credit if I fiti manage enter dat betta shuku-shuku business.

Sank you and Got breast Nigeria.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by seunmsg(m): 12:04pm On Apr 23, 2022
Sergio103:

Please translate this or i will report you.

Remember rule 21

Lamidi Adeyemi
Death father and mother
Decreer and second only to the gods
Don’t eat millipede, don’t eat earthworm
It’s what they eat in heaven that you should eat
Enjoy heaven
Rest In Peace.

13 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Sergio103(m): 12:06pm On Apr 23, 2022
seunmsg:

Lamidi Adeyemi
Death father and mother
Enjoy heaven
Rest In Peace.

undecided undecided...... thanks.

But makes no sense bro.

Infact...... outta here!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi by Jakumo(m): 12:07pm On Apr 23, 2022
seunmsg:

Lamidi Adeyemi
Death father and mother
Enjoy heaven
Rest In Peace.

Lamidi, don't eat millipedes, but please eat toto with proper protocol so that your 7 wives will not start to chat with your cook or gardener.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

California Youths Pose With Ooni Of Ife In US (Photos) / The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians / Police Station Built By David Okunato In Ondo State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.