Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,939 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

Osinbajo Avoids Tinubu At Aisha Buhari’s Dinner, Sends Representative - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Avoids Tinubu At Aisha Buhari’s Dinner, Sends Representative (42145 Views)

NBA Dialogue: Presidential Candidates Kick As Tinubu Sends Representative / Tinubu's Act Of Humility: Joined Queue At Aisha Buhari's Ifta Dinner / President Buhari’s Dinner With South-West APC leaders In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo Avoids Tinubu At Aisha Buhari’s Dinner, Sends Representative by Techsavvy1: 4:18pm On Apr 24, 2022
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo avoided a face-to-face meeting with Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu on Saturday night, as he was conspicuously absent at the Iftar dinner called by First Lady Aisha Buhari.

Tinubu, Dave Umahi, Chris Ngige, all APC presidential aspirants attended the dinner, snubbed by PDP’s Atiku Abubakar, Peter Obi and Bukola Saraki.

Bauchi governor Bala Mohammed, a PDP presidential aspirant attended, breaking the PDP boycott.

Although Osinbajo was represented by former Edo governor, Professor Oserheimen Osunbor, a fellow lawyer, the dinner would have been the first meeting between Osinbajo and Tinubu, since Osinbajo joined the presidential race 11 April.

Osinbajo was justice commissioner and attorney-general for eight years, when Tinubu was governor of Lagos between 1999 and 2007.

Osinbajo was in Ibadan, Oyo state on Friday, the eve of the dinner, where he met the Olubadan Oba Lekan Balogun and APC delegates to the convention.

It was not clear why he didn’t jet back to Abuja to attend the dinner, that the First Lady used to plead for running mate slots for women.

But his rep Osunbor read his message, urging all aspirants to play politics without bitterness.

Osinbajo said the event offered Nigerians from different faiths and background the opportunity to reunite with one another to foster unity.

“It is an opportunity for aspirants from various political parties to meet one another and the lesson we should learn from here is to practise politics without bitterness as we move closer to election year.

“We should try to imbibe the spirit of oneness because at the end of the only one person is going to emerge winner of the Presidential election next year.

“So, it is not going to be do-or-die affairs, we should learn to practise politics without bitterness, ’’ he said.

Opinions are still divided whether Osinbajo ought to have joined the presidential race, when Tinubu is also in the running.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pmnewsnigeria.com/2022/04/24/osinbajo-avoids-tinubu-at-aisha-buharis-dinner/%3famp=1

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Avoids Tinubu At Aisha Buhari’s Dinner, Sends Representative by KingKO22: 4:23pm On Apr 24, 2022
Jagaban is a matured leader

I sincerely give him credit for handling Osinbajo speculation with triviality.

Baba is only focus on his lane

144 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Avoids Tinubu At Aisha Buhari’s Dinner, Sends Representative by Asgard73: 4:28pm On Apr 24, 2022
God will punish any idiot that says Osibanjo betray Tinubu

Thunder scatter the person brain.

Power to the people

North 2023

150 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Avoids Tinubu At Aisha Buhari’s Dinner, Sends Representative by Kdon2: 4:31pm On Apr 24, 2022
Techsavvy1:
This battle will be bloody in Yoruba states come 2023. I guess igbos should wait till after 8 years before they start thinking about President

grin

8 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Avoids Tinubu At Aisha Buhari’s Dinner, Sends Representative by Baawaa(m): 4:34pm On Apr 24, 2022
Tinubu is diminishing day by day

469 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Avoids Tinubu At Aisha Buhari’s Dinner, Sends Representative by duro4chang(m): 4:36pm On Apr 24, 2022
Techsavvy1:
This battle will be bloody in Yoruba states come 2023. I guess igbos should wait till after 8 years before they start thinking about President
Never! It cannot be. Prophet of doom.

466 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Avoids Tinubu At Aisha Buhari’s Dinner, Sends Representative by Tinububalls: 4:41pm On Apr 24, 2022
Do you know the problem with southern Nigeria especially the youths?
We leave the problem glaring at us, and we start fighting with our shadows in consolation for our failed responsibilities.
Be you Igbo, Yoruba, Ijaw,Efik,Ibibio etc and other progressive tribe in Nigeria, it's high time we start taking our fate in our hands, if not your generations to come will only have curses and resentment towards you, for being a lazy and Useless generation to your unborn.
It's high time we start making plans for change instead of dumping the blame on other tribes excluding yours.
A BETTER NIGERIA IS ACHIEVABLE.
WE CAN.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Avoids Tinubu At Aisha Buhari’s Dinner, Sends Representative by deji17: 4:48pm On Apr 24, 2022
Jagaban!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Avoids Tinubu At Aisha Buhari’s Dinner, Sends Representative by ChoCho54(f): 5:08pm On Apr 24, 2022
Blogger from Hell!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Avoids Tinubu At Aisha Buhari’s Dinner, Sends Representative by LadyRosa(f): 6:03pm On Apr 24, 2022
Let Nigeria burn!Before the year runs out, I'm out of this shithole to Canada.

7 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Avoids Tinubu At Aisha Buhari’s Dinner, Sends Representative by Mooh247: 6:10pm On Apr 24, 2022
cool

Politics with maturity

461 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Avoids Tinubu At Aisha Buhari’s Dinner, Sends Representative by Rajman45(m): 6:14pm On Apr 24, 2022
I thought baba tinubu will not attend....dem say e big pass doz level grin grin >: grin

23 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Avoids Tinubu At Aisha Buhari’s Dinner, Sends Representative by SweetiliciousD: 6:41pm On Apr 24, 2022
KingKO22:

Medical tourism ba?

Naijiria jagajaga

On the Solid ROCK, Peter we stand.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Avoids Tinubu At Aisha Buhari’s Dinner, Sends Representative by Parachoko: 6:54pm On Apr 24, 2022
LadyRosa:
Let Nigeria burn!Before the year runs out, I'm out of this shithole to Canada.
What if it burns before you leave? You won't be able to leave again b that.

Say you dey go no mean make you dey wish Nigeria bad.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Avoids Tinubu At Aisha Buhari’s Dinner, Sends Representative by Tinubuadvocate: 6:58pm On Apr 24, 2022
Where is the drama?

463 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Avoids Tinubu At Aisha Buhari’s Dinner, Sends Representative by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 7:38pm On Apr 24, 2022
Stooopid. I won't be surprised to find out you are NURTW member.. Someone that has no village is screaming jargons.

IamWonderful:
. You think we are beastialistic and cannibalistic like baby factory criminals. just Governorship elected you wasted people's lives like mere cockroach.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Avoids Tinubu At Aisha Buhari’s Dinner, Sends Representative by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 7:43pm On Apr 24, 2022
KingKO22:

what is the meaning of triviality ?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Avoids Tinubu At Aisha Buhari’s Dinner, Sends Representative by Rexymania(m): 7:45pm On Apr 24, 2022
Tinubu has no choice to support Osinbajo

12 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Avoids Tinubu At Aisha Buhari’s Dinner, Sends Representative by IamWonderful: 7:47pm On Apr 24, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
Stooopid. I won't be surprised to find out you are NURTW member.. Someone that has no village is screaming jargons.

Try be objective with your comments, trying to judge other with your father's status is unacceptable, we are not all meant to go through the same path

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Avoids Tinubu At Aisha Buhari’s Dinner, Sends Representative by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 7:51pm On Apr 24, 2022
I won't waste my time with ediots that aren't indigenous to Nigeria..GTFO to Togo or benin republic where you belong. Take your objectivity to wakili

IamWonderful:
Try be objective with your comments, trying to judge other with your father's status is unacceptable, we are not all meant to go through the same path

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Avoids Tinubu At Aisha Buhari’s Dinner, Sends Representative by Cantonese: 7:58pm On Apr 24, 2022
MASTAkiLLAh:
what is the meaning of triviality ?

Let me quote him now.

I sincerely give you credit for asking him what is the meaning triviality.

Or can I guess what he tried to say.
Re: Osinbajo Avoids Tinubu At Aisha Buhari’s Dinner, Sends Representative by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 8:07pm On Apr 24, 2022
Cantonese:

Let me quote him now.

I sincerely give you credit for asking him what is the meaning triviality.

Or can I guess what he tried to say.
sure, go ahead
Re: Osinbajo Avoids Tinubu At Aisha Buhari’s Dinner, Sends Representative by IamWonderful: 8:15pm On Apr 24, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
I won't waste my time with ediots that aren't indigenous to Nigeria..GTFO to Togo or benin republic where you belong. Take your objectivity to wakili

You are still using your parents name for people
Re: Osinbajo Avoids Tinubu At Aisha Buhari’s Dinner, Sends Representative by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 8:18pm On Apr 24, 2022
dumb smart refugees..instead of you to import your brothers from Togo and Bsnin republic and give them voters card like groundnut pyramid does in Niger republic and Chad.. You are wailing on why your parents couldn't fight back..remember your ancestors couldn't fight to reclaim ilorin...wasted

IamWonderful:
You are still using your parents name for people

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Avoids Tinubu At Aisha Buhari’s Dinner, Sends Representative by IamWonderful: 8:23pm On Apr 24, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
dumb smart refugees..instead of you to import your brothers from Togo and Bsnin republic and give them voters card like groundnut pyramid does in Niger republic and Chad.. You are wailing on why your parents couldn't fight back..remember your ancestors couldn't fight to reclaim ilorin...wasted

Wailing hahahahahahahaha, this one is still on mkpurumiri, no wonder he can't differentiate between his parents and others, what a pity, keep your parents issue to your roof, boy, stop exposing them

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Avoids Tinubu At Aisha Buhari’s Dinner, Sends Representative by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 8:31pm On Apr 24, 2022
you are a born wailer.. I've taken over. I expect premium tears from you

IamWonderful:
Wailing hahahahahahahaha, this one is still on mkpurumiri, no wonder he can't differentiate between his parents and others, what a pity, keep your parents issue to your roof, boy, stop exposing them

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Avoids Tinubu At Aisha Buhari’s Dinner, Sends Representative by Advocate500: 8:35pm On Apr 24, 2022
IamWonderful:
. You think we are beastialistic and cannibalistic like baby factory criminals. just Governorship elected you wasted people's lives like mere cockroach.
everything have become joke in this part of the, no respect for the dead any more, oga the debt we owe life is death, everyone will one day answer the call of nature, stop making mockery of the dead while you are still living, so that your end won't be miserable.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Avoids Tinubu At Aisha Buhari’s Dinner, Sends Representative by SWATMan: 8:42pm On Apr 24, 2022
IamWonderful:

Funsho Williams and Bola Ige are two high profile Yorubas murdered for no clear reasons. You guys are beastialistic and cannibalistic more than the Igbos. No Igbo man of Bola Ige's stature has been killed because of politics. Remember the crisis in the west in between Pa Awo and Akintola in the 60's caused by their wives over who controls the cocoa business that eventually led the military to strike? Is it not a proof that you guys are political scoundrel who see politics as a do or die affair? Stop posting rubbish if you gat no fact about your political history.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Avoids Tinubu At Aisha Buhari’s Dinner, Sends Representative by IamWonderful: 8:44pm On Apr 24, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
you are a born wailer.. I've taken over. I expect premium tears from you

You can only expect whatever from your parents, direct your aggression and disappointment at them

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Avoids Tinubu At Aisha Buhari’s Dinner, Sends Representative by SWATMan: 8:51pm On Apr 24, 2022
Mooh247:
Politics with maturity

Which maturity? Wait till a few days to the primaries, the game is just beginning.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wike And Fubara Compete Through Bags Of Rice Distribution In Rivers State / A Jubilant Crowd Welcomes Buhari To France / Fayose Slams Buhari & His Leadership On Channels TV. Some Nigerians Hail Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.