Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,329 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

How To Know Who To Marry As A Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Know Who To Marry As A Christian (3073 Views)

I Pray God Gives Me The Strength To Abstain, Marry As A Virgin - Actor Chidi Ike / Pastor Chris : How To.know Who To Marry / Never Skip These Before You Marry As A Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Know Who To Marry As A Christian by TenQ: 7:22pm On Apr 24, 2022
Proverbs 3:5-6
5Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; 6in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight

I strongly advocate that before a child of God say "I do!" such must have done his/her foundational work well
Some of the Question a Child of God must ask himself/Herself and be sure of the answer
1. Is the person a child of God?
2. Does the person Love, Fear and Obey God?
3. Does the person love Me and understand what Love is?
4. IS the person Responsible and Respectable by ALL?
5. Is the person on the path of knowing God and His words More?
6. Is the person a disciple of Christ?
7. Is the person Mature Emotionally, Physically, Financially, Educationally, Mentally etc

The final point is the most important:
8. Has God given me approval to marry this person?

When the foundation is wrong, every other thing built on it would be wrong.
Marriage is a permanent union
Marriage is done with a vow of commitment to God and each other

Shalom

3 Likes

Re: How To Know Who To Marry As A Christian by Speaklove: 7:28pm On Apr 24, 2022
Good inspiration
only if people would allow it into their hearts and use it to propagate their decisions
Re: How To Know Who To Marry As A Christian by TenQ: 7:34pm On Apr 24, 2022
Speaklove:
Good inspiration
only if people would allow it into their hearts and use it to propagate their decisions
Unfortunately not. The average young Christian is moved by sight.
She is looking for the tall, dark and rich dude
while
He is looking for the slim, pretty and beautiful girl

That's how people marry the "make-up" and not the real person.

2 Likes

Re: How To Know Who To Marry As A Christian by Kobojunkie: 7:50pm On Apr 24, 2022
TenQ:

Some of the Question a Child of God must ask himself/Herself and be sure of the answer
7. Is the person Mature Emotionally, Physically, Financially, Educationally, Mentally etc

God's one and only stipulation as far as marriage is concerned is that the man and woman in question agree to becoming a couple. undecided

It doesn't matter to God whether you think the person you married is what you claim , a child of God or not, this since God never told any of His own that they should marry only other children of God. So all the questions in bold are instead left by God to individuals to decide for themselves as well. undecided

Even right there in your churches, divorce rate is pretty much the same 50% it is for those out in the world, so no amount of godly delusions wil force a good marriage. And God never promise us good marriages to begin with. I always refer folks back to the story of Hosea for a dose of reality check. undecided

1 Like

Re: How To Know Who To Marry As A Christian by Puremind1225: 8:34pm On Apr 24, 2022
Do you do all these?

1 Like

Re: How To Know Who To Marry As A Christian by TenQ: 8:49pm On Apr 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:
God's one and only stipulation as far as marriage is concerned is that the man and woman in question agree to becoming a couple. undecided

It doesn't matter to God whether you think the person you married is what you claim , a child of God or not, this since God never told any of His own that they should marry only other children of God. So all the questions in bold are instead left by God to individuals to decide for themselves as well. undecided
Here is what God said to the children of Israel and the reason
Deu 7:3-4:
"Neither shall you make marriages with them; your daughter you shall not give to his son, nor his daughter shall you take to your son. For they will turn away your son from following me, that they may serve other gods: so will the anger of the LORD be kindled against you, and destroy you suddenly."

Kobojunkie:

Even right there in your churches, divorce rate is pretty much the same 50% it is for those out in the world, so no amount of godly delusions wil force a good marriage. And God never promise us good marriages to begin with. I always refer folks back to the story of Hosea for a dose of reality check. undecided
The only people who call Jesus Lord are Christians. Unfortunately, many are not known by Christ.

Wisdom is profitable to direct. With wisdom a war is waged.

What is the probability that a Christian marriage will succeed if EVERY guide I stated was breached?

Let me put them in perspective for you. A Christian Woman chose to get married a man who is
1. A self acclaimed child of satan?
2. Does NOT Love, Fear and Obey God?
3. Does NOT love her and does NOT understand what Love is?
4. The man is Irresponsible and lack Respect from ALL persons?
5. the person does NOT care about knowing God and His words?
6. the person is NOT a disciple of Christ?
7. the person is NOT Mature Emotionally, Physically, Financially, Educationally, Mentally etc

8. God has NOT given her approval to marry this person?
What's your take about the advice in quote for Christians?

1 Like

Re: How To Know Who To Marry As A Christian by TenQ: 8:53pm On Apr 24, 2022
Puremind1225:
Do you do all these?
What do you mean?
Re: How To Know Who To Marry As A Christian by Kobojunkie: 9:09pm On Apr 24, 2022
TenQ:
1. Here is what God said to the children of Israel and the reason
Deu 7:3-4:
"Neither shall you make marriages with them; your daughter you shall not give to his son, nor his daughter shall you take to your son. For they will turn away your son from following me, that they may serve other gods: so will the anger of the LORD be kindled against you, and destroy you suddenly."

2. The only people who call Jesus Lord are Christians. Unfortunately, many are not known by Christ.Wisdom is profitable to direct. With wisdom a war is waged. What is the probability that a Christian marriage will succeed if EVERY guide I stated was breached?

3. Let me put them in perspective for you. A Christian Woman chose to get married a man who is
What's your take about the advice in quote for Christians?
1. As you rightly said, that law was given by God only to those who have the blood of Jacob coursing through their veins, and is of no real benefit to any one who claims to be Christian. undecided

2. There is no such thing as a "Christian" marriage to begin with. Jesus Christ made this more than clear when He declared that your marriages are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36. Recall, that you enter into the Kingdom of God there moment you become born-again - John 3 vs 1 - 8 - so also understand that what Jesus Christ also implies is there is nothing sacred to God of your marriages. undecided

3. Jesus Christ gave His followers no obligations as far as who they can or can't be married to. It is really as simple as that. Jesus Christ never even stipulated that marriage should only take place only with explicit approval from God. What this means is a Christian is free to marry as he or she sees fit. undecided
Re: How To Know Who To Marry As A Christian by Maynman: 9:19pm On Apr 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. As you rightly said, that law was given by God only to those who have the blood of Jacob coursing through their veins, and is of no real benefit to any one who claims to be Christian. undecided

2. There is no such thing as a "Christian" marriage to begin with. Jesus Christ made this more than clear when He declared that your marriages are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36. Recall, that you enter into the Kingdom of God there moment you become born-again - John 3 vs 1 - 8 - so also understand that what Jesus Christ also implies is there is nothing sacred to God of your marriages. undecided

3. Jesus Christ gave His followers no obligations as far as who they can or can't be married to. It is really as simple as that. Jesus Christ never even stipulated that marriage should only take place only with explicit approval from God. What this means is a Christian is free to marry as he or she sees fit. undecided

Twisting the scripture to console yourself grin hag
Re: How To Know Who To Marry As A Christian by Weirdlycute: 9:26pm On Apr 24, 2022
Valid point!!!!!Many young people of our time end up making grave mistakes when it comes to christian marriage.... I also one day want to marry right and this has set a perspective for me and would further help me seek God's approval for the right person........
Re: How To Know Who To Marry As A Christian by Kobojunkie: 9:33pm On Apr 24, 2022
Weirdlycute:
Valid point!!!!!Many young people of our time end up making grave mistakes when it comes to christian marriage.... I also one day want to marry right and this has set a perspective for me and would further help me seek God's approval for the right person........
More than half of those out there in your churches miserable in their marriage also swear they got approval from God. undecided

Many of them have wonderful stories of how it was God that brought them together with their current spouse top. So maybe it is better to seek God's understanding instead. undecided
Re: How To Know Who To Marry As A Christian by exCHRISTIAN: 9:34pm On Apr 24, 2022
Do People Still Practice This Outdated Faith?

shocked grin

I don leave already

No more church, no more Propaganda
Re: How To Know Who To Marry As A Christian by TenQ: 9:38pm On Apr 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:

I hope you aren't one of those who believe that the OT has no value for Christians. We might also say that the 10 commandments are not binding on Christians but Jews!

God gave the reason and it remains WISDOM for Christians who applies the principles!

Kobojunkie:

I am Sure you didn't see me writing about Christian Marriage.
My writeup is an advice to unmarried Christians on PRINCIPLES to use in determining the right person for them to marry.

Kobojunkie:

Jesus didn't ask us to work to eat: in fact Jesus said we should not be anxious of tomorrow for tomorrow will take care of itself. (Does this mean that Jesus doesn't want Christians to do daily work?)
Jesus taught the PERMANENCE of marriage as God hates divorce.

If divorce may only be possible by adultery, should a Christian marry just ANYONE?

No wonder, after hearing Jesus's teaching about marriage, the disciples said:
Mat 19:10:
"His disciples say to him, If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry."

1 Like

Re: How To Know Who To Marry As A Christian by Toshybabs: 9:43pm On Apr 24, 2022
As humans, we tend to believe that the life we live is ours and so we can do whatever it is we please and make decisions without putting God first, this is why a lot of us make mistakes that could be avoided if only we had asked God especially in marriage.
We're often times blinded by our own desires and flesh that we tend to push away the voice of God.
By God's grace, I want to have a marriage based on God's approval and standard, it is by this I am assured of a beautiful christian home filled with love and peace
Re: How To Know Who To Marry As A Christian by TenQ: 9:43pm On Apr 24, 2022
Weirdlycute:
Nice observation sis.
I pray that the Lord be your guide and wisdom
Mat 11:19:
".....!' But wisdom shows itself to be right by what it does."

1 Like

Re: How To Know Who To Marry As A Christian by TenQ: 9:50pm On Apr 24, 2022
Toshybabs:
As humans, we tend to believe that the life we live is ours and so we can do whatever it is we please and make decisions without putting God first, this is why a lot of us make mistakes that could be avoided if only we had asked God especially in marriage.
You are right my sister.
One of the reason God chose Abraham was because of raising godly descendant
Gen 18:19:
"For I have chosen him, so that he may teach his children and the sons of his house after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing what is right and fair, so the Lord may bring to Abraham what He has promised him.""

A bad marriage is a recipe for failure in this respect

Toshybabs:

We're often times blinded by our own desires and flesh that we tend to push away the voice of God.
By God's grace, I want to have a marriage based on God's approval and standard, it is by this I am assured of a beautiful christian home filled with love and peace
I pray the Lord honour you with answers to your prayers!
Re: How To Know Who To Marry As A Christian by Toshybabs: 9:52pm On Apr 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Kobojunkie:

So what would you say about 2 Corinthians 6:14 that clearly states "do not be unequally yoked with an unbeliever"? The bible has given us very clear instructions, we shouldn't twist is to fit into our opinion.
God is very much concerned about every aspect of our lives as his children and so he can never leave you as his child to become partners with someone he does not recognize as his own

1 Like

Re: How To Know Who To Marry As A Christian by Toshybabs: 9:52pm On Apr 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Kobojunkie:

So what would you say about 2 Corinthians 6:14 that clearly states "do not be unequally yoked with an unbeliever"? The bible has given us very clear instructions, we shouldn't twist is to fit into our opinion.
God is very much concerned about every aspect of our lives as his children and so he can never leave you as his child to become partners with someone he does not recognize as his own as long as you genuinely seek his face.
Re: How To Know Who To Marry As A Christian by Kobojunkie: 9:53pm On Apr 24, 2022
TenQ:
1.I hope you aren't one of those who believe that the OT has no value for Christians. We might also say that the 10 commandments are not binding on Christians but Jews!

2. God gave the reason and it remains WISDOM for Christians who applies the principles!

3. I am Sure you didn't see me writing about Christian Marriage. My writeup is an advice to unmarried Christians on PRINCIPLES to use in determining the right person for them to marry.

4. Jesus didn't ask us to work to eat: in fact Jesus said we should not be anxious of tomorrow for tomorrow will take care of itself. (Does this mean that Jesus doesn't want Christians to do daily work?)

5. Jesus taught the PERMANENCE of marriage as God hates divorce.If divorce may only be possible by adultery, should a Christian marry just ANYONE?

No wonder, after hearing Jesus's teaching about marriage, the disciples said:
Mat 19:10:
"His disciples say to him, If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry."
1. Again, God gave the Old Covenant Law of Moses only to those who have the blood of Jacob coursing through their veins as their National Constitution in the Land of Canaan - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. All 613 statutes, including what you call the 10 commandments were packaged and handed over by God to Jacob's descendants alone. So unless you think God was being foolish for intentionally excluding gentiles from that Covenant, I suggest you understand why it is important you honor God's decree for what it is. undecided

2. What God gave instead to Christians is His New Covenant and Law, Jesus Christ, as Constitution for those who are of the Kingdom of God. He, Jesus Christ is God's Wisdom and Truth in the Kingdom of God, the Christ in the word "Christian. . undecided

3. Christians are those who live in obedience to Jesus Christ's teaching and commandments, so any advice you direct at them ought to comply with the teachings(commandments) of Him which commands them..

4. Actually yes, Jesus Christ said those who belong to Him do not work for perishable food, but instead work for food that endures to eternity - John 6 vs 25 - 33. He called His followers to abandoning their careers/jobs, families, friends, reputations etc., for this purpose. Jesus said those of them who would attempt to save their lives - jobs, possessions etc., - will lose ig and those who lose it all for His sake will save it. undecided

5. Jesus Christ never taught what you claim as the permanence or marriage. Yes , God hates marriage but God never declared marriage a sin, not in His Old Covenant, and neither in His New Covenant. So, yes, a follower of Jesus Christ can marry anyone they please.undecided

The fear His disciples expressed was understandable.
Re: How To Know Who To Marry As A Christian by TenQ: 10:04pm On Apr 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Again, God gave the Old Covenant Law of Moses only to those who have the blood of Jacob coursing through their veins as their National Constitution in the Land of Canaan - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. All 613 statutes, including what you call the 10 commandments were packaged and handed over by God to Jacob's descendants alone. So unless you think God was being foolish for intentionally excluding gentiles from that Covenant, I suggest you understand why it is important you honor God's decree for what it is. undecided

2. What God gave instead to Christians is His New Covenant and Law, Jesus Christ, as Constitution for those who are of the Kingdom of God. He, Jesus Christ is God's Wisdom and Truth in the Kingdom of God, the Christ in the word "Christian. . undecided

3. Christians are those who live in obedience to Jesus Christ's teaching and commandments, so any advice you direct at them ought to comply with the teachings(commandments) of Him which commands them..
Here is what Jesus said with respect to the law and prophets
Mat 5:17-19:
"Think not that I have come to abolish the law, or the prophets: for I have come not abolish, but to complete. For verily I say to you, Till heaven pass away, and earth, one iota, or one mark, should not pass away from the law, till all should be. Whoever therefore, should loose one of the least of these commands, and so teach men, he shall be called least in the kingdom of the heavens: but whoever should do and teach, he shall be called great in the kingdom of the heavens."

If Jesus did not come to abolish them, their principles still hold.

Kobojunkie:

4. Actually yes, Jesus Christ said those who belong to Him do not work for perishable food, but instead work for food that endures to eternity - John 6 vs 25 - 33. He called His followers to abandoning their careers/jobs, families, friends, reputations etc., for this purpose. Jesus said those of them who would attempt to save their lives - jobs, possessions etc., - will lose ig and those who lose it all for His sake will save it. undecided
Does this mean that Jesus forbid Christians working for their daily bread. (Jesus did not once teach about people working)

Kobojunkie:

5. Jesus Christ never taught what you claim as the permanence or marriage. Yes , God hates marriage but God never declared marriage a sin, not in His Old Covenant, and neither in His New Covenant. So, yes, a follower of Jesus Christ can marry anyone they please.undecided
Can you please explain how a divorced woman can commit adultery against her ex-husband by marrying another man?
Mar 10:12:
"And if a woman should loose her husband, and be married to another, she commits adultery."

Please explain why the divorce didn't get recognised by God

1 Like

Re: How To Know Who To Marry As A Christian by TenQ: 10:08pm On Apr 24, 2022
Puremind1225:
Do you do all these?
Yes!
These are basic questions a Christian should answer truthfully based on his/her knowledge of the person of interest
Re: How To Know Who To Marry As A Christian by Kobojunkie: 10:42pm On Apr 24, 2022
Toshybabs:
1. So what would you say about 2 Corinthians 6:14 that clearly states "do not be unequally yoked with an unbeliever"? The bible has given us very clear instructions, we shouldn't twist is to fit into our opinion.

2. God is very much concerned about every aspect of our lives as his children and so he can never leave you as his child to become partners with someone he does not recognize as his own
1. The way I read Paul's opinion there in that verse is different from the way many of you do. I can't seem to get myself to overlook the double negative there in bold. Also a yoke is an agreement/contract/deal etc., which could of in the form of marriage, business partnership, etc. undecided

For me, Paul is saying that in all, make sure you agreements/contracts/dealings with unbelievers are of a balanced orientation- 50/50. undecided

2. Of course God is concerned about every aspect of the lives of His own, but God never told any of His own to manage any of that for Him nor did He ask any of His own not to go into marriage agreement or business with unbelievers. undecided
Re: How To Know Who To Marry As A Christian by Kobojunkie: 10:58pm On Apr 24, 2022
TenQ:
1. Here is what Jesus said with respect to the law and prophets
[i]Mat 5:17-19:
If Jesus did not come to abolish them, their principles still hold.

2. Does this mean that Jesus forbid Christians working for their daily bread. (Jesus did not once teach about people working)

3. Can you please explain how a divorced woman can commit adultery against her ex-husband by marrying another man?
Mar 10:12:
"And if a woman should loose her husband, and be married to another, she commits adultery."

Please explain why the divorce didn't get recognised by God

1. Ofcourse Jesus Christ didnt come to abolish the Old Law meaning that those who are born of the blood of Jacob are even to this day born bound to God's Old Covenant Law of Moses. Also, the fact the Old Covenant Law of Moses is not God's Law to Christians also remains True even to this day. undecided

2. Jesus Christ called His followers away from their jobs, careers, positions etc. And He had them follow Him around for years, from place to place, teaching them to do God's work instead. He taught that they no longer work to feed themselves perishable bread but instead focus their lives on earning eternal food which only He can give to them. So, yes, I am afraid you are not, like Jesus Christ said, meant to work for your daily perishable bread but instead focus your energy on gaining the eternal food instead. undecided

3. Adultery is a sin against God, not against man. In the case you sighted. The woman already divorced, commits sin of adultery in the event that the reason reason divorcing her ex was not fornication. undecided

Nowhere in the context are you told her divorce isn't recognised by God. undecided
Re: How To Know Who To Marry As A Christian by TenQ: 11:15pm On Apr 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Ofcourse Jesus Christ didnt come to abolish the Old Law meaning that those who are born of the blood of Jacob are even to this day born bound to God's Old Covenant Law of Moses. Also, the fact the Old Covenant Law of Moses is not God's Law to Christians also remains True even to this day. undecided

2. Jesus Christ called His followers away from their jobs, careers, positions etc. And He had them follow Him around for years, from place to place, teaching them to do God's work instead. He taught that they no longer work to feed themselves perishable bread but instead focus their lives on earning eternal food which only He can give to them. So, yes, I am afraid you are not, like Jesus Christ said, meant to work for your daily perishable bread but instead focus your energy on gaining the eternal food instead. undecided
In other words, Christians are not expected to obey the ten commandments

Kobojunkie:

3. Adultery is a sin against God, not against man. In the case you sighted. The woman already divorced, commits sin of adultery in the event that the reason reason divorcing her ex was not fornication. undecided

Nowhere in the context are you told her divorce isn't recognised by God. undecided
She divorced her husband
Then
She married another husband
But
Jesus conclusion was that her divorce is not recognised in heaven. She commits adultery against her first husband.

Is there any other reason other than fornication whereby a divorce is spiritually legal?
Re: How To Know Who To Marry As A Christian by Kobojunkie: 11:27pm On Apr 24, 2022
TenQ:
1. In other words, Christians are not expected to obey the ten commandments

2. She divorced her husband Then She married another husband But Jesus conclusion was that her divorce is not recognised in heaven. She commits adultery against her first husband.

3. Is there any other reason other than fornication whereby a divorce is spiritually legal?
1. Jesus Christ gave to us a New Covenant and He even warned His followers of the disaster that ensues when they attempt to mix Old Wine with New Wine meaning those of Jewish decent were to cease following the Old Covenant Law once they adopted the New Covenant. undecided

2. I am afraid you are mistaken. Again, Jesus Christ said your marriages are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36 - your marriages have absolutely nothing to do with Heaven, never have. God instituted marriage in Genesis 2 vs 24 , and then cursed marriage in Genesis 3 vs 16, rendering it unholy as a result of His judgment. That which is unholy cannot be of Heaven. undecided
And as I stated earlier regarding even the sin of Adultery, it is not against man that one sins but against God. So, unless you think Jesus Christ a liar, Jesus Christ never made any such conclusion as you claim. undecided

3. There is nothing spiritual about marriage to begin with and fornication is simply a breach of the marriage agreement/contract. undecided
Re: How To Know Who To Marry As A Christian by TenQ: 8:40am On Apr 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
More than half of those out there in your churches miserable in their marriage also swear they got approval from God. undecided

Many of them have wonderful stories of how it was God that brought them together with their current spouse top. So maybe it is better to seek God's understanding instead. undecided
You should have found out how many of those Christians with bad marriages followed the principles outlined.
A Medical personel who has vitamin deficiency should not blame the medical profession or knowledge but his own disregard for such knowledge. So it is with marriage amongst Christians

I've asked you to fault each of the guidelines stated

1 Like

Re: How To Know Who To Marry As A Christian by TenQ: 8:44am On Apr 25, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Jesus Christ gave to us a New Covenant and He even warned His followers of the disaster that ensues when they attempt to mix Old Wine with New Wine meaning those of Jewish decent were to cease following the Old Covenant Law once they adopted the New Covenant. undecided

2. I am afraid you are mistaken. Again, Jesus Christ said your marriages are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36 - your marriages have absolutely nothing to do with Heaven, never have. God instituted marriage in Genesis 2 vs 24 , and then cursed marriage in Genesis 3 vs 16, rendering it unholy as a result of His judgment. That which is unholy cannot be of Heaven. undecided
And as I stated earlier regarding even the sin of Adultery, it is not against man that one sins but against God. So, unless you think Jesus Christ a liar, Jesus Christ never made any such conclusion as you claim. undecided

3. There is nothing spiritual about marriage to begin with and fornication is simply a breach of the marriage agreement/contract. undecided
If nothing is spiritual about marriage, why is adultery a sin?
If nothing is spiritual about marriage, why did Jesus say a divorced woman who remarried commited adultery against her first husband?
If marriage is not spiritual, why is it that having sex with a harlot makes one one with a harlot?
If marriage is not spiritual, how is Jesus mathematics logical as He said: "the two become one flesh"?

Marriage is a legal, physical and spiritual union of a man and woman who decide to live together as FAMILY!

1 Like

Re: How To Know Who To Marry As A Christian by TenQ: 8:49am On Apr 25, 2022
Toshybabs:

God is very much concerned about every aspect of our lives as his children and so he can never leave you as his child to become partners with someone he does not recognize as his own
Don't mind kobojunkie.
He has a warped understanding of the bible.
His old testament is only for the sons of Jacob.
His new testament stops at the book of John.
His doctrines are uniquely his alone and even very simple doctrinal issues are as twisted as his mind!

2 Likes

Re: How To Know Who To Marry As A Christian by TenQ: 8:51am On Apr 25, 2022
exCHRISTIAN:
Do People Still Practice This Outdated Faith?

shocked grin

I don leave already

No more church, no more Propaganda
I'm sorry for you bro!
Re: How To Know Who To Marry As A Christian by Maynman: 9:12am On Apr 25, 2022
TenQ:

Don't mind kobojunkie.
He has a warped understanding of the bible.
His old testament is only for the sons of Jacob.
His new testament stops at the book of John.
His doctrines are uniquely his alone and even very simple doctrinal issues are as twisted as his mind!
She is a bitter woman.
Re: How To Know Who To Marry As A Christian by Ken4Christ: 10:52am On Apr 25, 2022
TenQ:
Proverbs 3:5-6
5Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; 6in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight

I strongly advocate that before a child of God say "I do!" such must have done his/her foundational work well

When the foundation is wrong, every other thing built on it would be wrong.
Marriage is a permanent union
Marriage is done with a vow of commitment to God and each other

Shalom

In addition,

1. Do both of you have common interest and opinions?
2. Do you have the same spiritual foundation? For example, marriage between a Deeper Life member and that of a Christ Embassy member fully committed will not work.
3. Is the person your friend? Don't marry a stranger.
4. Is he or she fully grounded in the love of God? When everything else fails, it is God's love that will keep the relationship. People who are grounded in the love of God finds it easy to forgive. They make apologies when they are wrong. They think about their partner first.
5. Is he or she fully committed to work of the kingdom? Don't marry someone who will draw you back from serving God.
6. Does he have a job for the man? He does not have to be a millionaire. But a job or business that should take care of basic needs.
7. Is she industrious for the woman? Don't marry a woman who does nothing.
8. Do you know his or her family background?
9. Has he or she be married before?
10. Does he or she have kids outside marriage?
11. What kind of influence do the parents have on him or her. Some in laws will make your marriage a living hell.

Above all, pray fervently before making a decision on marrying anyone. As you pray, listen to your heart and not your head.

1 Like

Re: How To Know Who To Marry As A Christian by TenQ: 11:54am On Apr 25, 2022
Ken4Christ:

In addition,

1. Do both of you have common interest and opinions?
2. Do you have the same spiritual foundation? For example, marriage between a Deeper Life member and that of a Christ Embassy member fully committed will not work.
3. Is the person your friend? Don't marry a stranger.
4. Is he or she fully grounded in the love of God? When everything else fails, it is God's love that will keep the relationship. People who are grounded in the love of God finds it easy to forgive. They make apologies when they are wrong. They think about their partner first.
5. Is he or she fully committed to work of the kingdom? Don't marry someone who will draw you back from serving God.
6. Does he have a job for the man? He does not have to be a millionaire. But a job or business that should take care of basic needs.
7. Is she industrious for the woman? Don't marry a woman who does nothing.
8. Do you know his or her family background?
9. Has he or she be married before?
10. Does he or she have kids outside marriage?
11. What kind of influence do the parents have on him or her. Some in laws will make your marriage a living hell.

Above all, pray fervently before making a decision on marrying anyone. As you pray, listen to your heart and not your head.

I agree perfectly with you on these. Unfortunately, instead of having a Serious Courtship , young people do boy-friend and girl-friend.

I laughed so hard on your quote above. Deeper life member and Christ Embassy members could both be serious Christians. But doctrinally, they are oil and water. They must clash on several issues.

This is a new thread that can be opened.

Shalom

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

400 Pakistani Muslim Men Rape A Woman As Punishment For Not Wearing Hijab / Can The Moderators Rename The Religion Section To: "Bash Christianity" Section? / Formal Letter To The Moderators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.