Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,203 members, 7,822,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Arsenal Vs Fulham; Sunday August 12,2007 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal Vs Fulham; Sunday August 12,2007 (1272 Views)

UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Sevilla On August 12 / Nigeria Vs Italy: U-20 Women's World Cup (4 - 0) On Sunday August-26-2012 / Nigeria Vs Korea: U-20 Women's World Cup (2 - 0) On Sunday August 19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Arsenal Vs Fulham; Sunday August 12,2007 by ulehj(m): 2:24pm On Aug 07, 2007
COME ON YOU GUNNERS!!!

It is ARSENAL VS FULHAM
             Emirates Stadium
            Sunday, August 12, 2007, 12

How will the team line up against Fulham?

There has been a lot of talk on the forum about what starting line-up Wenger will use for the Arsenal’s opening Premier League game of the season against Fulham. With probable club captain Gilberto Silva still on holiday at that point and the fresh injury to Adebayor the side will have a slightly different feel to it than the first-choice starting team from last season.

Defence

Jens Lehmann should start in goal despite Wenger’s continued use of Manuel Almunia and the new signing of Lukasz Fabianski. Recent comments from Fabianski suggest that Lehmann is still first-choice and there’s really no good reason why this shouldn’t be the case at this stage of the season. I’m expecting Arsenal to start with Kolo Toure and William Gallas as the central pair in defence, with Phillipe Senderos just ahead of Johan Djourou as third choice. Bacary Sagna’s impressive performances at right-back should see him get the nod over Justin Hoyte and Emmanuel Eboue, with the latter likely be used further up the field on the right side of midfield. Gael Clichy, who has looked as sharp as anyone so far this pre-season will surely start at left-back.

Midfield

There’s little doubt that Cesc Fabregas will start in the centre of the park but with Gilberto away the question is about over who will partner him. My personal preference would be Abou Diaby, who was absolutely outstanding against PSG in the Emirates Cup when deployed centrally. We haven’t seen him play since that match but I get the feeling that Wenger will be starting him alongside Fabregas against Ajax as practice for the Fulham game. Tomas Rosicky should get the nod on the left side of midfield but may face some competition from Alexander Hleb. As for the right side, it will either be Theo Walcott or converted right-back Eboue. Personally, I am hoping it will be Eboue as his pace has been electric so far in pre-season and Walcott looked a little flat against Lazio after just returning from injury.

Attack

Up front Robin van Persie is a certain starter but the question marks remain over who will line up alongside him. As I mentioned previously, Eduardo and Bendtner have looked promising but I just get the feeling that it will be Alexander Hleb who starts ahead of them in a support striker role. Anyone who has watched Hleb this pre-season will know that he has looked remarkable in his natural position and his experience at the top level should give him the nod over the other two.

I’m happy for Van persie, he seems to be capable of scoring 22-25 goals for us and he’s showing signs of leadership as well. His dig at Freddie was ‘great’. He described Freddie’s lies as the basis for leaving the club as weak. I liked that; nobody leave Arsenal and performs better. Cashley was a good in the Community Shield match but may never be the same again. I’m predicting that Freddie will also fail at West Ham.

I think that started against Ajax will make up most the team that will start against Fulham.

Starting XI

--------------------------------------Lehmann---------------------------------

Sagna-------------------Toure----------------Gallas---------------Clichy

Eboue-------------------Diaby------------Fabregas------------Rosicky

---------------------------Hleb---------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------Van Persie----------------------------------

Bench

Fabianski
Senderos
Flamini
Eduardo
Bendtner

I predict a comfartable 4-0 win against Northen Ireland  , I mean Fulham

Robin to start off the season with a hat-trick and Bendtner to come off the bench and grab a late fourth

what do you guys think
Re: Arsenal Vs Fulham; Sunday August 12,2007 by loyika(m): 2:32pm On Aug 07, 2007
If you are going to "cull" from a Blog, you could do well to give the link as well, cause that analysis wasn't from you mate!!

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Vs Fulham; Sunday August 12,2007 by Razorr(f): 2:34pm On Aug 07, 2007
loyika:

If you are going to "cull" from a Blog, you could do well to give the link as well, cause that analysis wasn't from you mate!!

cool GOONER 89

Haaa haaa haa grin cheesy

Oh ma dayzzzz grin
Re: Arsenal Vs Fulham; Sunday August 12,2007 by Iman3(m): 2:35pm On Aug 07, 2007
loyika:

cool GOONER 89

Why una dey insult Kit like that?
Re: Arsenal Vs Fulham; Sunday August 12,2007 by Razorr(f): 2:37pm On Aug 07, 2007
Don't tell me Uleja is Kit! shocked
Re: Arsenal Vs Fulham; Sunday August 12,2007 by loyika(m): 2:39pm On Aug 07, 2007
shocked

I WILL FAINT IF THIS IS TRUE shocked

I-Man, hope you know what you are insunating lipsrsealed

shocked GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Vs Fulham; Sunday August 12,2007 by Razorr(f): 2:41pm On Aug 07, 2007
But come to think of it, the guy just came out of nowhere and sounds so much like Kit, especially with the way he's always looking for ways to attack Jackal. You can easily tell that he has a grudge.
Re: Arsenal Vs Fulham; Sunday August 12,2007 by loyika(m): 2:47pm On Aug 07, 2007
Hmmmmm!!

Some things add up and some others don't

lipsrsealed all this seems so strange!?

Oh well!! WHATEVER!! lipsrsealed

lipsrsealed GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Vs Fulham; Sunday August 12,2007 by A40(m): 3:15pm On Aug 07, 2007
5-1 its not gonna be a contest RVP scores 2 Eduardo 1 Bendtner 1 and fabregas the other
Re: Arsenal Vs Fulham; Sunday August 12,2007 by marlet01(m): 3:18pm On Aug 07, 2007
Whoever the poster was, That was a nice breaking down of the team, as a whole I really appreciated that opinion.

Speaking of the match: It's gonna be Arsenal 4 vs Fulham 0

Gunner still cool
Re: Arsenal Vs Fulham; Sunday August 12,2007 by tboy1(m): 3:28pm On Aug 07, 2007
Arsenal     2                                 
Fulham      0

Goals by Van Persie and Eduardo
Re: Arsenal Vs Fulham; Sunday August 12,2007 by Jackal(m): 3:54pm On Aug 07, 2007
Aaahhhhhhhhhhhh Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

@ I-man,

Thank u for the analysis.
So uleh-J is KITAUN. I thunk as much. . . . . . . . .
The self-servicer just bat out of HELL and has been on me manliness ever since.
I owe u one, son. grin grin grin grin
Its now total WAR on KITAUN. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Vs Fulham; Sunday August 12,2007 by tosinadeda: 5:54pm On Aug 07, 2007
@poster
tel me y u dnt want ljumberg 2 perform at westham.
Thats the only part of ur post that doesnt make sense.

ulej is not kit o
Re: Arsenal Vs Fulham; Sunday August 12,2007 by ulehj(m): 7:41pm On Aug 07, 2007
@ loyika
I am highly diappoited at your statement.

@ jackal

you are such NUMDSKULL

I am not kitaun, i just despise you.
Re: Arsenal Vs Fulham; Sunday August 12,2007 by Jackal(m): 7:47pm On Aug 07, 2007
@ KIT,

Shut your fucking mouth.
NUMDSKULL or numbskull? Bloody semi-illiterate.
Ulehj is KITAUN and coming here to defend yourself has just exposed your gay ass.
You write the same, spew the same and support the same gay club.
Haven't u played yourself?
I was so sure there was something spooky about u.
Confess now before its too late . . . . . . . . .
Re: Arsenal Vs Fulham; Sunday August 12,2007 by amodu(m): 9:22pm On Aug 07, 2007
Gunners beware because yousuffer a blow from them last season.

Jackal, please ignore him/her.
Re: Arsenal Vs Fulham; Sunday August 12,2007 by debosky(m): 9:26pm On Aug 07, 2007
one general comment, there are 38 league games this season and countless FA, CL and Milk Cup Games, we cannot open a new thread in order to analyse each new game we play, we have 2 main threads already - Strictly Arsenal and For Gunners Only, we don't need a proliferation of new threads, lets keep the comments focused and in one location preferably ok?
Re: Arsenal Vs Fulham; Sunday August 12,2007 by amodu(m): 9:48pm On Aug 07, 2007
Thanks for the advice.
Re: Arsenal Vs Fulham; Sunday August 12,2007 by Iman3(m): 10:43pm On Aug 07, 2007
@Jackal

I don't mean he himself is Kit but that he is Mrs Kit-Kit's gay partner.I called him KIT as in Kit's wife.Word on the street is that they wedded recently. grin grin 'em civil union/partnership stuff. grin
Re: Arsenal Vs Fulham; Sunday August 12,2007 by debosky(m): 11:40pm On Aug 07, 2007
even more shocking shocked shocked

Dr. Kit has consummated his gay leanings in an actual civil union shocked

well what can I say, Congrats to Mrs. Kit or is it Dr. (Mrs) ? grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Vs Fulham; Sunday August 12,2007 by kitaun(m): 2:02am On Aug 08, 2007
I leave you guys THAT ARE SUPPOSED TO BE PACESETTERS/OLDIES to this show of shame  embarassed

u all allow I-man to wind u up in a circle of  BS. . . . shocked

isnt it the same I-man that wanted to bring Nairaland down with his KITAUN = RAZORR sh@t

why did u guys respond to this thread in the first instance?  embarassed na wao . . . sad

does uleh_ j or whatever is name that claims his father is in London as a top notch in NLNG have anything to do with KItaun in any form?  shocked

does he write like Kitaun does? AM SURE You DONT NEED ROCKET SCIENCE TO DECIPHER THAT  cool

will KITAUN ever use double IDS to attack people or propagate his views? NEVER since he preaches against such balderdash  cool
Re: Arsenal Vs Fulham; Sunday August 12,2007 by debosky(m): 2:32am On Aug 08, 2007
easy mate, you know i was just yanking your chain a bit, I-man's recent absence has led him to suffer repeated bouts of 'mental halitosis'

as such i am not surprised by his latest antics grin grin grin wink
Re: Arsenal Vs Fulham; Sunday August 12,2007 by kitaun(m): 2:48am On Aug 08, 2007
debosky:

even more shocking shocked shocked

Dr. Kit has consummated his gay leanings in an actual civil union shocked

well what can I say, Congrats to Mrs. Kit or is it Dr. (Mrs) ? grin grin grin

oh! I get it . . . nice yanking cool
Re: Arsenal Vs Fulham; Sunday August 12,2007 by ulehj(m): 10:33am On Aug 08, 2007
@ All,
I am not kitaun or whatever is his name.
The fact that i despise nut-case like jackal does not in any way make me kitaun.
I condone objective views,but i will never condone stupid views.

@ I-man

You seem to know alot about gays.Anyway,it takes one to know one
Re: Arsenal Vs Fulham; Sunday August 12,2007 by toba1909(m): 11:57am On Aug 08, 2007
The Arsenal vs Fulham match will end 2 goals to nil, Arsenal 2 Fulham 0.I think the formation used in the pre-season matches should be tried in the beginning of the season,well sha Wenger knows which is the best for his team.
Re: Arsenal Vs Fulham; Sunday August 12,2007 by Seun(m): 4:50pm On Aug 24, 2008

(1)

Another Ex-eagles Dies / Chelsea Vs Thailand XI Full Time! 1-0 to Chelsea / PHOTOS : Breaking News ! Manchester United Signs Luke Shaw For £31.5m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.