Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,011 members, 7,863,671 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:05 PM

Did Apga Actually Lost In Anambra State? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Apga Actually Lost In Anambra State? (662 Views)

ICPC Uncovers Over N23bn Pension Funds ‘lost’ In 40 Bank Accounts / What's Happening In Anambra, All the Markets Closed. / See Why It Is The Pdp That Actually Lost At The Senatorial Elections And Not Apc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Apga Actually Lost In Anambra State? by kasiem(m): 12:49am On Jul 09, 2011
I am moved to make up this against the claims of some myopic and unpragmatic nairalanders, who their lives and believes start and end on the internet world, without digging deep into the real world to acculturate themselves with the things on ground. Since the end of this election, there have been many insinuation coming from some quarters that Apga has lost its popularity in anambra state(for reasons that are obscure), cos their candidates lost in the senatorial election. As a citizen of anambra, who made good his franchise, i can only affirm that apga lost in anambra central cos of ngige's popularity with the grassroot. But, in places like anambra south and north, apga lost to pdp nascent ruse of fielding two candidates. For instance in my place(anambra south), hitherto the election day, the law court upheld ukachukwu as the rightful candidate of pdp ,while, inec stuck to the name andy uba. So, this made pdp to enter the election without a clear candidate, with the turmoil among the electorates, this created ground for the two candidates to garner votes from their different supporters. So, with the votes going to two candidates in the name of one party, apga's single candidate(chuma nzeribe) was displaced with a thin margin. On the election day, my people in nnewi south were voting for pdp with the believe that ukachukwu was the rightful candidate without knowing that they're making up votes for their enemy andy uba, the same way uba was garnering votes from his aguata area. The stuff was compounded with the name of ukachukwu appearing on the voters register as the bonafide candidate. In anambra north, pdp confuse the electorates with igbeke, okadigbo and one other candidate. With the trick, the won emordi with a small margin.
Re: Did Apga Actually Lost In Anambra State? by NegroNtns(m): 1:22am On Jul 09, 2011
Lol! Looks like the Florida "hanging chad" saga.

Pdp fielded two candidates and created confusion.

Ask Ileke-Idi, the Floridienne for help.
Re: Did Apga Actually Lost In Anambra State? by seanet02: 4:10am On Jul 09, 2011
This is the most stewpeed reasoning i have ever seen. How can you say PDP fielded two candidates in an election? It is damm not possible. The worst they could do is to support other candidates from small parties in the oppositions stronghold and break up the votes. It is not possible for the votes of two candidates to be added together for a candidate. This is common sense not rocket science.
Re: Did Apga Actually Lost In Anambra State? by kasiem(m): 6:44pm On Jul 09, 2011
seanet02:

This is the most stewpeed reasoning i have ever seen. How can you say PDP fielded two candidates in an election? It is damm not possible. The worst they could do is to support other candidates from small parties in the oppositions stronghold and break up the votes. It is not possible for the votes of two candidates to be added together for a candidate. This is common sense not rocket science.
reread the article again to see how it worked. There were two factions in pdp and those two factions fielded a candidate each. While court was backing one, the national party was supporting the other, this was the simple trick.
Re: Did Apga Actually Lost In Anambra State? by seanet02: 6:49pm On Jul 09, 2011
Are you saying PDP has two candidates on the ballot paper on the same day? Nothing wey we no go hear for iboland.
Re: Did Apga Actually Lost In Anambra State? by ektbear: 6:51pm On Jul 09, 2011
kasiem:

So, with the votes going to two candidates in the name of one party, apga's single candidate(chuma nzeribe) was displaced with a thin margin.

Shouldn't this have helped APGA rather than hurting it? You always want your political opponents to split their votes as evenly as possible. Facing 1000 PDP candidates is better than facing 1 PDP candidate, is it not?

Or maybe I'm missing something or misunderstanding your post.
Re: Did Apga Actually Lost In Anambra State? by iragbijile: 6:58pm On Jul 09, 2011
^^^

Shouldnt you be helping our Ibo brothers with their English? grin
Re: Did Apga Actually Lost In Anambra State? by kasiem(m): 8:54pm On Jul 09, 2011
seanet02:

Are you saying PDP has two candidates on the ballot paper on the same day? Nothing wey we no go hear for iboland.
sean, the name that appeared on the result sheet in my area was that of nicholas ukachukwu, without that it was all ruse.
ekt_bear:

Shouldn't this have helped APGA rather than hurting it? You always want your political opponents to split their votes as evenly as possible. Facing 1000 PDP candidates is better than facing 1 PDP candidate, is it not?

Or maybe I'm missing something or misunderstanding your post.
the claim was that the electorates voted for pdp not individuals, that's why pdp was first announced as the winner without calling the name of the candidate.
Re: Did Apga Actually Lost In Anambra State? by seanet02: 10:46pm On Jul 09, 2011
Are you now saying two candidates of the same Party appeared on the Ballot paper? This can only happen in a banana republic like Biafra republic.
Re: Did Apga Actually Lost In Anambra State? by kasiem(m): 11:19pm On Jul 09, 2011
^ u've started dusting up ur insensivity and stupidity. Now i know that u never participated in the voting process, cos candidates names were written on result sheet not ballot paper.

(1) (Reply)

Mr President Lead This Country.! / Falana Writes Jonathan, Demands Banks For Under-privileged / Ban On Alcohol And Prostitution Stills Stands In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.